Outsider opening

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Alexandr Koori

Outsider opening

Post by Alexandr Koori »

So, this is my first animation. Started on 2011 june, finished on this week.

sunphoenix

Re: Outsider opening

Post by sunphoenix »

THAT'S AWESOME!!! Very nice ! :)
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Alexandr Koori

Post by Alexandr Koori »

Thanx!

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

That is very very good, well done!

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

0:16 - GUYS! THIS IS FABULOUS!

Good work.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Count Casimir

Post by Count Casimir »

Oh snap, that's pretty freakin' awesome!
Ashrain is best rain.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Alex, well done. man. very well done.

I can see you made a few hints in the Guest art work . . . you sly artist you
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Came in expecting an anime-style opening credit sequence... was severely underwhelmed. Expectations aside, still not a fan.
Don't delay, join today!

Alexandr Koori

Post by Alexandr Koori »

Thank you all very much) I'm glad that you like this video (unlike story).
So, Arioch find some hints in deviantart or pixiv. I dont send that to him because doubted that static arts with nude Tempo and Beryl would be appropriate (I remember about pg-13).

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Charlie wrote:0:16 - GUYS! THIS IS FABULOUS!

Good work.
Yeah yeah, just fire at them or whatever :)

why do the waveloom make me thing of the Yamato gun?

Alexandr Koori

Post by Alexandr Koori »

Well, i don't know, I don't seen Yamato.

Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Maybe it's because the wave loom is based on the yamato gun? Just a thought.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. General C.H Melchett commander of some unknown british regiment in the western front.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

I don't know Jericho the weapon Extra is pretty specific
It works on a similar principle to the Pulse Cannon, using a carrier wave to conduct plasma to the target, except on a much larger scale, and the plasma being used is composed of exotic particles that can interact to generate a "quantum loom" effect that can disrupt matter in the vicinity of the target.
http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/weapon_profiles.html

but it could be a small flash of a large continuous beam. pretty hard to determine when the Wave Loom hasn't been used yet.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

NOMAD wrote:I don't know Jericho the weapon Extra is pretty specific
It works on a similar principle to the Pulse Cannon, using a carrier wave to conduct plasma to the target, except on a much larger scale, and the plasma being used is composed of exotic particles that can interact to generate a "quantum loom" effect that can disrupt matter in the vicinity of the target.
http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/weapon_profiles.html

but it could be a small flash of a large continuous beam. pretty hard to determine when the Wave Loom hasn't been used yet.
nice i didn't see the update, Kind of scary to think that they could (almost) shoot the earth from the moon :S

Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Arioch wrote:Right. To elaborate slightly, the Wave Loom is the Loroi analogue of the Yamato's Wave Motion Gun. The silver doors at the bow of the Tempest open to reveal the twin muzzles of the weapon. The basic concept of the weapon is that it uses the same sort of carrier wave as the Pulse Cannon, but on a much larger scale to (essentially) conduct the full output of the engines (in the form of exotic, high-energy, volatile particles) toward the enemy. The "loom" aspect of the weapon is that it includes a series of accumulators that can be charged over time, building accumulated energy into some sort of exotic and sinister "lattice" that can be used in devious and destructive ways that might be more interesting than a simple directed drive plasma beam. But I haven't quite got that part figured out yet. The disadvantage of the weapon is that it takes all of the ship's power to charge, and the firing saturates the heat systems of the ship, leaving it unable to maneuver or fire weapons for a short time after discharge.
This is what i meant when i said it was based on the yamato gun. Straight from quote dumps. It's around a third down on the first one.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. General C.H Melchett commander of some unknown british regiment in the western front.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Jericho wrote:
Arioch wrote:Right. To elaborate slightly, the Wave Loom is the Loroi analogue of the Yamato's Wave Motion Gun. The silver doors at the bow of the Tempest open to reveal the twin muzzles of the weapon. The basic concept of the weapon is that it uses the same sort of carrier wave as the Pulse Cannon, but on a much larger scale to (essentially) conduct the full output of the engines (in the form of exotic, high-energy, volatile particles) toward the enemy. The "loom" aspect of the weapon is that it includes a series of accumulators that can be charged over time, building accumulated energy into some sort of exotic and sinister "lattice" that can be used in devious and destructive ways that might be more interesting than a simple directed drive plasma beam. But I haven't quite got that part figured out yet. The disadvantage of the weapon is that it takes all of the ship's power to charge, and the firing saturates the heat systems of the ship, leaving it unable to maneuver or fire weapons for a short time after discharge.
This is what i meant when i said it was based on the yamato gun. Straight from quote dumps. It's around a third down on the first one.
D'OH
I was thinking Star Craft's Terra Battle cruiser, Yamato Cannon. A magnetically focused Nuclear explosive in one shot. man I need to see the original Space battleship Yamato.

thxs for the info Jericho

@ Karst: yeah pretty neat, I like the section on the Loroi blisters and Umiak equivalent. but the whole section is a very nice read

Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Nomad wrote:D'OH
I was thinking Star Craft's Terra Battle cruiser, Yamato Cannon. A magnetically focused Nuclear explosive in one shot. man I need to see the original Space battleship Yamato.

Your welcome. Considering the fact that both the wave loom and the Yamato Cannon is based on the Wave Motion Gun it's not that surprising. It's actually a fairly common mistake that when people mention the Yamato cannon they immedietly think off starcraft. Pisses my japanese friends off to no end :lol: .

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Jericho wrote:
Nomad wrote:D'OH

Your welcome. Considering the fact that both the wave loom and the Yamato Cannon is based on the Wave Motion Gun it's not that surprising. It's actually a fairly common mistake that when people mention the Yamato cannon they immedietly think off starcraft. Pisses my japanese friends off to no end :lol: .
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Jericho

Post by Jericho »

HA i love the fact that it looks like he has his arms around his back.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Jericho wrote:Considering the fact that both the wave loom and the Yamato Cannon is based on the Wave Motion Gun it's not that surprising. It's actually a fairly common mistake that when people mention the Yamato cannon they immedietly think off starcraft. Pisses my japanese friends off to no end.
Well, when someone says "Yamato cannon," technically they are talking about Starcraft. As you mentioned, the gun on the Yamato is called the Wave Motion Gun (or just "Wave Gun" (hadō hō) in the original Japanese).

By the way, a translated version of the sexy 2012 remake of the series should be coming to the West soon under the title Star Blazers 2199. I'm stoked.