[RP]Tobi das Sireis mi Rimil [OOC]

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

sunphoenix

Re: [RP]Tobi das Sireis mi Rimil [OOC]

Post by sunphoenix »

I'm gonna stick with just my human character.. I've played the Loroi Teidar with STORMRAGE - Sonnidezi.. so I'm gonna let someone give their take on the role.

I had always wanted to play a human character anyways... only played Sonnidezi because we didn't have many playing Loroi.. and I felt the story needed a STRONG Loroi character to drive some of the story and plot.

Wish I could still play her... she was fun but, I don't think Sonnidezi would work well in this game's setting..
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

I find that characters that do not fit the story they are put in are often the most fun to roleplay.

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

To a degree, I'd agree. However, there are times that the difference is great enough that I start to feel the character doesn't belong on the most fundamental level at times. My prior Loroi was one such character, in retrospect, despite how much I liked her. Just didn't feel right.

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Hello Everyone.

I'm waiting on at least one character to be finished, and started working out some of the places you'll go and events you'll be experiencing.

Stay tuned. We'll begin soon. :D

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

It's me again.

I will kick off the loroi side of the RP this Tuesday or Friday.

The Human side will most likely have to wait a few days longer, as I can only write so much.

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Carl, go post that there Go sign.

Loroi are go.

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

@Onaiom

Ramarinzil is a Mazeit, not a Torret. ;)
Don't delay, join today!

Onaiom

Post by Onaiom »

Carl Miller wrote:@Onaiom

Ramarinzil is a Mazeit, not a Torret. ;)
Sorry, the idea was to write "Torrai". I fixed it.

Onaiom

Post by Onaiom »

When I was posting at the IC thread , a few things come to mind:

1.What about we create a campaign on http://invisiblecastle.com/ ?

2.How the XP System work ?

3.And how the ship layout/internal map is like ?

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Hello everyone, My provider shut off my internet for about 18 hours yesterday because they figured my internet wasn't fast enough. That's why everything I wanted to do is a little delayed. I'll be making a map of the ships interior soon. :)

XP wise I prefer not to link XP to the damage you do or the enemies you defeat, as there'll be little enemies to defeat in our setting.

Instead I like to give a "base" XP value per segment of the RP that you actively take part in, with a small bonus XP reward for good roleplay, interesting characterization, smart problem solving, general length and readability of posts... As well as some achievementesque rewards like "Hollywood Flick? - Shook hands with Ronald Reagan as a Loroi [+5 xp]"

If you have alternative idea's about XP, do let me know.

I don't know about the Invisiblecastle link, I'll look into it.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Something that might be useful is a listing of the Loroi characters... both PC & NPC with their name {name meaning}, caste, crew position and rank.
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

PC:
Doranzer Disis Baizomarir (Warpwing) (me)
Teidar Pallan Nagatonzir (Wildblood) (Vovinia)
Listel Tozet Nerala (Nova) (Onaiom)
Mizol Sanzet Tinel (Silversun) (Senanthes)

NPC:
Soroin Nedeil Leneda (Essence/Soul)
Tenoin Narrat Lirontezir (Blueberry)
Torrai Mazeit Ramarinzil (Greywind)

I think one of Nerala and Leneda is going to have to change her text color... it'd proly be easier to do that with Leneda since she's an NPC.
Don't delay, join today!

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Psst, Onaiom.

Skill: Biological Sciences (Physiology) doesn't allow you to do first aid. This is supposed to be about "desk" biology and general sciency knowledge.

That's why Vovinia made a splint with her arm, using her Skill: Medical (Emergency Response), which is a first aid skill.

Also, I'll either roll for you or just tell all of you the results when I have a batch of rolls to resolve. That way we don't have to deal with invisiblecastle shenanigans either.

Vovinia

Post by Vovinia »

Please remember that direct Sanzai are not overheard by others in the room, make sure to double check if you actually heard anything, or properly gave information to who you intend.

also I'm not sure if Roeben brought this up in OOC yet, but all bridge communication is spoken, off bridge feel free to use Sanzai for all one on one communication as it is a common Loroi convention.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

With all respekt, as a reader: maybe you should make up some uh... "Rules of engagement", so to speak, that everyone needs to follow.
For example:
-when to roll a dice for something you want to do (and to be honest, an RPG without any kind of dice roll is rather boring)
-when do the loroi sanzai and when do they speak (reread the comic to get some hints, I suggest)
-some kind of convention which colors, signs and fonts are used to distinguish sanzai from spoken words, radio or other messages and/or thoughts

Additionally I would advice to create a map for the ship, otherwise it gets a bit confusing for the readers and the players as well.
Anyway, just my 0,02€
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

There is a map in the opening post of this thread.

Spoken language is "Words."
Sanzai is <<Words.>> or «Words.»

And as was previously mentioned, they typically speak only on the bridge to make sure that an errand thought does not become a command.

All of this is pretty simple stuff.

As for the dice rolls... I already mentioned this earlier. Note your skill use in your post (preferably between []'s) and I will roll them for you. This is the easiest way to keep things simple for everyone involved, and it will allow me to describe what exactly happens with the roll.

Onaiom

Post by Onaiom »

I think one of Nerala and Leneda is going to have to change her text color... it'd proly be easier to do that with Leneda since she's an NPC.
I can change her post color if you want.
Psst, Onaiom.
Skill: Biological Sciences (Physiology) doesn't allow you to do first aid. This is supposed to be about "desk" biology and general sciency knowledge.
That's why Vovinia made a splint with her arm, using her Skill: Medical (Emergency Response), which is a first aid skill.
Also, I'll either roll for you or just tell all of you the results when I have a batch of rolls to resolve. That way we don't have to deal with invisiblecastle shenanigans either.
Sorry, now I see that I made a mistake. And I found rather easy to use the invisiblecastle.
Please remember that direct Sanzai are not overheard by others in the room, make sure to double check if you actually heard anything, or properly gave information to who you intend
I know this. If there are any hint that my character is acting based in something that she was not supposed to know, please notify me.
also I'm not sure if Roeben brought this up in OOC yet, but all bridge communication is spoken, off bridge feel free to use Sanzai for all one on one communication as it is a common Loroi convention.
As far as I know, spoken words are used via radio or to record orders in the Bridge. In the first scene, the controls in the bridge were malfunctioning. In my opinion, there was no need to use spoken words (because the Loroi are not confortable with them).

Onaiom

Post by Onaiom »

Vovinia , you can edit your post and take out the part that the Teidar interact with the Listel. Since she doesn't have Medical Skill, she can't attempt to heal the Teidar.

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Roeben: STS-51-L, not STS-51. The two are seven years apart. ;)
Don't delay, join today!

Vovinia

Post by Vovinia »

Onaiom, I'm inclined to leave it it, I think it would make for an interesting interaction, even if you can't actually heal me with it.

There is no harm I can see in it.