[RP]Tobi das Sireis mi Rimil [OOC]

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

sunphoenix

Re: [RP]Tobi das Sireis mi Rimil [OOC]

Post by sunphoenix »

Something that might be useful is a listing of the Loroi characters... both PC & NPC with their name {name meaning}, caste, crew position and rank.
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

PC:
Doranzer Disis Baizomarir (Warpwing) (me)
Teidar Pallan Nagatonzir (Wildblood) (Vovinia)
Listel Tozet Nerala (Nova) (Onaiom)
Mizol Sanzet Tinel (Silversun) (Senanthes)

NPC:
Soroin Nedeil Leneda (Essence/Soul)
Tenoin Narrat Lirontezir (Blueberry)
Torrai Mazeit Ramarinzil (Greywind)

I think one of Nerala and Leneda is going to have to change her text color... it'd proly be easier to do that with Leneda since she's an NPC.
Don't delay, join today!

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Psst, Onaiom.

Skill: Biological Sciences (Physiology) doesn't allow you to do first aid. This is supposed to be about "desk" biology and general sciency knowledge.

That's why Vovinia made a splint with her arm, using her Skill: Medical (Emergency Response), which is a first aid skill.

Also, I'll either roll for you or just tell all of you the results when I have a batch of rolls to resolve. That way we don't have to deal with invisiblecastle shenanigans either.

Vovinia

Post by Vovinia »

Please remember that direct Sanzai are not overheard by others in the room, make sure to double check if you actually heard anything, or properly gave information to who you intend.

also I'm not sure if Roeben brought this up in OOC yet, but all bridge communication is spoken, off bridge feel free to use Sanzai for all one on one communication as it is a common Loroi convention.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

With all respekt, as a reader: maybe you should make up some uh... "Rules of engagement", so to speak, that everyone needs to follow.
For example:
-when to roll a dice for something you want to do (and to be honest, an RPG without any kind of dice roll is rather boring)
-when do the loroi sanzai and when do they speak (reread the comic to get some hints, I suggest)
-some kind of convention which colors, signs and fonts are used to distinguish sanzai from spoken words, radio or other messages and/or thoughts

Additionally I would advice to create a map for the ship, otherwise it gets a bit confusing for the readers and the players as well.
Anyway, just my 0,02€
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

There is a map in the opening post of this thread.

Spoken language is "Words."
Sanzai is <<Words.>> or «Words.»

And as was previously mentioned, they typically speak only on the bridge to make sure that an errand thought does not become a command.

All of this is pretty simple stuff.

As for the dice rolls... I already mentioned this earlier. Note your skill use in your post (preferably between []'s) and I will roll them for you. This is the easiest way to keep things simple for everyone involved, and it will allow me to describe what exactly happens with the roll.

Onaiom

Post by Onaiom »

I think one of Nerala and Leneda is going to have to change her text color... it'd proly be easier to do that with Leneda since she's an NPC.
I can change her post color if you want.
Psst, Onaiom.
Skill: Biological Sciences (Physiology) doesn't allow you to do first aid. This is supposed to be about "desk" biology and general sciency knowledge.
That's why Vovinia made a splint with her arm, using her Skill: Medical (Emergency Response), which is a first aid skill.
Also, I'll either roll for you or just tell all of you the results when I have a batch of rolls to resolve. That way we don't have to deal with invisiblecastle shenanigans either.
Sorry, now I see that I made a mistake. And I found rather easy to use the invisiblecastle.
Please remember that direct Sanzai are not overheard by others in the room, make sure to double check if you actually heard anything, or properly gave information to who you intend
I know this. If there are any hint that my character is acting based in something that she was not supposed to know, please notify me.
also I'm not sure if Roeben brought this up in OOC yet, but all bridge communication is spoken, off bridge feel free to use Sanzai for all one on one communication as it is a common Loroi convention.
As far as I know, spoken words are used via radio or to record orders in the Bridge. In the first scene, the controls in the bridge were malfunctioning. In my opinion, there was no need to use spoken words (because the Loroi are not confortable with them).

Onaiom

Post by Onaiom »

Vovinia , you can edit your post and take out the part that the Teidar interact with the Listel. Since she doesn't have Medical Skill, she can't attempt to heal the Teidar.

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Roeben: STS-51-L, not STS-51. The two are seven years apart. ;)
Don't delay, join today!

Vovinia

Post by Vovinia »

Onaiom, I'm inclined to leave it it, I think it would make for an interesting interaction, even if you can't actually heal me with it.

There is no harm I can see in it.

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Good catch carl, but I'm inclined to believe a person from the 1980's wouldn't know about a mission that takes place in 1993. STS-51-A all the way through STS-51-L could easily be discussed internally as just "51" or "STS-51".

I appreciate the thought though. I hope to properly begin the human RP tonight... If I write fast.

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

But they wouldn't, because under the numbering system at the time, "STS-51" could refer to any flight launching from Kennedy Space Center that was initially authorized in fiscal year 1985 — the final letter is needed to name the exact mission. Keep in mind that several missions were in the pipeline at any one time, so ambiguity could easily cause a large and expensive clusterfuck.
Don't delay, join today!

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Were there ever multiple shuttles on the launchpad at the same time? Would a direct 1 to 1 communication with the only shuttle on the launch pad lead to a large and expensive clusterfuck? Does the actions of ONE character somehow dictate NASA's entire communications directive?

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

@_@
Don't delay, join today!

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Roeben wrote:/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Nagatonzir may use her arm for any non-load bearing activity.
Baizomarir's cranial swelling subsides somewhat, making her concussion bearable.

No HP is healed, but the symptoms are abated.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Tinel's communication falls on deaf ears, for when she finishes her speech, the lights flicker once again, the red lights turning full dark for a second or two, and then a soft rumble spreads through the ship as generators begin to start up again, allowing the normal ceiling lights to operate dimly, then fail five or so seconds later with a loud, crackling noise from the lower decks that plunges the ship in darkness once more, suggesting a problem with the capacitors or perhaps the power plant itself. There is not much time to worry about it however, as somewhere deeper in the ship, something explodes violently.

You can all feel a collective, psychic gasp of relief when the loud sound remains just that, and the ship is neither rocked nor torn asunder, and the battery powered red emergency lighting slowly ignites once more.

Smoke and something chemical fills the air, and the sudden silence on board reveals that the ventilation systems are no longer working. Then there's activity again, and all of you can clearly hear vocal commands as well as sanzai, as everyone returns to their suffering and their desperate battle against the new electrical fires that the shortout created.
OOC comment on this post:

What I'm trying to say here is that you should get a move on, and that with no NPC's that I direct control in your room, I don't have the ability to order you around either. Keep in mind that you are free to do as you think is best, you don't have to wait for me to order you around.

Also, sorry for making you wait, human players. I promise I'll hit you guys off really soon. :cry:

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Surly I'm not the only one playing a human? Come on guys post up!
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Vovinia

Post by Vovinia »

Why are there no posts. I'm mad.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

I know what you mean!
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Vovinia wrote:Why are there no posts. I'm mad.
Summer slump.
Don't delay, join today!

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

I'm sad too. I guess I'll have to think of something now. :<