The other scout ships

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Username

The other scout ships

Post by Username »

Imagine two independent scout ships ally with both the Loroi and Umiak. :lol:

I don't think the concept is unreasonable because once they found either group the chances of them being released are slim to none. Though the Umiak meeting might be a bit one sided. :|

Thinking of that just gave me this idea.
Imagine a battle in the Sol system over us, it would be a great opportunity for us to harvest the tech of both sides. :D
Though it might degrade to us being glassed so we don't fall into the enemy's hands. :oops:

Back to the topic. What do you think the chances of one of the other ships finding a Historian ship skulking around a recent battlefield ?

Also officially to Arioch, are any of the other scout ships going to show up in loroi territory ?

icekatze

Re: The other scout ships

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I think in the case that scout ships reached both sides, it would still depend on who makes it back to the tanker/relay ship. Even if the individual scouts have the ability to negotiate an agreement, that agreement still needs to be transmitted back home.

Mr.Tucker

Post by Mr.Tucker »

Hopefully we'll not let each side know we contacted the other. Otherwise the results would seem.....unpleasant.

RedDwarfIV

Post by RedDwarfIV »

I did wonder about this.

And given that there's now evidence that the Loroi aren't so bad once you get to know them [unlike the ever-oppressive Umiak] I'd say that the Loroi would be first choice even if a Scout Ship comes back with an offer from the Umiak. Though given the reception that the Bellarmine got, I seriously doubt that the Umiak would give a second thought to plasma focusing an approaching red-and-white-coloured spacecraft.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

And given that there's now evidence that the Loroi aren't so bad once you get to know them
What evidence is this? Last I heard they were still Mongol-Nazi-Drow-Communist-Romans.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Grayhome wrote:
And given that there's now evidence that the Loroi aren't so bad once you get to know them
What evidence is this? Last I heard they were still Mongol-Nazi-Drow-Communist-Romans.
Mongol-Nazi-Drow-Communist-Romans aren't so bad once you get to know them.

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

Arioch wrote:
Grayhome wrote:
Mongol-Nazi-Drow-Communist-Romans aren't so bad once you get to know them.
Yeah, reliable and organized drunks they are. ;)