1 year anniversary for page 102!

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

projekcja

1 year anniversary for page 102!

Post by projekcja »

"17 February 2013: New page: 102"
17 February 2014: time to celebrate the occasion of the latest page in the comic being published!

Having had a whole year to inspect the page, let us share our impressions of it, point out to some of the brilliant details that a quick scan of the page could miss and share the feelings it invokes.

Have you noticed for example, that there's a fog like substance visible below the shuttle? It's quite clear that the shuttle has some light sources that are being scattered by something whitish. So I guess this is probably not happening in the vacuum of space, but area filled with dust or clouds.

Also, the suit on Fireblade has a device on the neck area, with 3 holes in it. I'm guessing it's a speaker, designed to allow amplified voice communication, but that seems a bit off for a race that communicates telepathically. It's clearly important, since all the "battlesuits" have it, and it appears on multiple panels, but what it does exactly is a mystery.

Please join in and share in the celebration of the joyous occasion.

Username

Re: 1 year anniversary for page 102!

Post by Username »

Wow you're quite the lurker aren't you ;).

I don't think it's any cause for celebration when the comic goes for a year without a post. At least not in the way you are suggesting. Especially considering and update is probably only a few weeks away.

Also doesn't this count for a tar and featherin' since you drew attention to the update schedule ?

Who's with me ! :evil: *shakes pitchfork*

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

...you 've got to admit your post comes off as disingenuous, projekcja.

Sarcasm is mis-placed when Aroich has said MULTIPLE times, he wants to do the comic but life has priorities and art is a hobby for him.
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

amen sunphoenix, good point. Their have been dry stretches for "you know what" but if their one thing I've learn about being around this forums (excuse my absence, RL) is patience and to give Arioch the time he needs.

as for the page, thx I didn't notice the fog below, its may just be fuel gas in the hanger space.

as the for armour three points, my guess is may be the cover for front ( or top half) release clamp ( around the neck) or part of the suits EVA function ( part of the neck seal). Those are my guesses :|
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

discord

Post by discord »

as to the fog, my guess would be water vapor in low pressure, as pressure goes down boiling point goes up, as you approach vacuum water boils away to keep the universe happy with less vacuum....since everyone knows nature abhors vacuum.

detrius

Post by detrius »

sunphoenix wrote:...you 've got to admit your post comes off as disingenuous, projekcja.

Sarcasm is mis-placed when Aroich has said MULTIPLE times, he wants to do the comic but life has priorities and art is a hobby for him.
I have a brilliant solution to this dilemma:

He needs to click this link --> Image

...then donate a few $$$, go back to this forum and make all kinds of sarcastic remarks!

"Hooray! This comic has been on hiatus for a year!" <-- yes, I paid for that ;)

(...also, hello everyone, first post and all that stuff)

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

sunphoenix wrote:...you 've got to admit your post comes off as disingenuous, projekcja.

:roll:
Username wrote:Wow you're quite the lurker aren't you ;).

I don't think it's any cause for celebration when the comic goes for a year without a post. At least not in the way you are suggesting. Especially considering and update is probably only a few weeks away.

Also doesn't this count for a tar and featherin' since you drew attention to the update schedule ?

Who's with me ! :evil: *shakes pitchfork*
:roll: :roll:
Don't delay, join today!