Writing Prompts

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

dragoongfa

Re: Writing Prompts

Post by dragoongfa »

And Fireblade just doubled her winnings...

And I hate to point out the obvious but Stillstorm already knows about Human Sanzai beneath the Lotai, if not from Tempo then certainly from Fireblade who was honor bound to report this to her superior officer even before Alex requested her to train him in mental defense.

novius

Post by novius »

dragoongfa wrote:And Fireblade just doubled her winnings...

And I hate to point out the obvious but Stillstorm already knows about Human Sanzai beneath the Lotai, if not from Tempo then certainly from Fireblade who was honor bound to report this to her superior officer even before Alex requested her to train him in mental defense.
Sure does... but does Alex know what she knows? :D And perhaps it slipped his mind. But that still leaves the issue that Stillstorm might go for 'opening a fast track to his mind', by whatever means, just because she prefers a 'truthful' line of communication rather than spoken words.

Werra

Post by Werra »

Stillstorm knows both by Fblade and even earlier from Tempos report. She considered that explicitly in her decision to keep him around.

Neither Alex nor Talon are aware of the fact. A serious talk to Stillstorm is definitely in the cards.

Alex might make quite the face if Stillstorm explains the reasoning behind her decision. He doesn't seem to have connected the dots yet on what it means for Loroi intel on mankind to link untrained snd unfiltered with a Listel and Mizol.
SpoilerShow
And Stillstorm and Alex seem to have this implicit agreement to never talk about mating again.

Perhabs.

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

Just tell me if you guys have anything else in mind to put down before a professional tactical meeting between Alex and Stillstorm (and probably the other officers of Stillstorm's fleet) takes place sometime before the next engagement.

novius

Post by novius »

Werra wrote:Alex might make quite the face if Stillstorm explains the reasoning behind her decision. He doesn't seem to have connected the dots yet on what it means for Loroi intel on mankind to link untrained snd unfiltered with a Listel and Mizol.
It is rather that human intel is in jeopardy. I'd say that a Listel, a Teidar and especially a Mizol has a too well-ordered mind to involuntarily spill classified information to an untrained human - that might something for a low-ranked Soroin or Torrai to happen.

On the other hand, I see Mizol infiltrating human society as 'Juliet's (a play on 'Romeo's, the other way round) to seduce human officers and industry/trade moguls to loot them for classified intel and/or advantageous information.
Just tell me if you guys have anything else in mind to put down before a professional tactical meeting between Alex and Stillstorm (and probably the other officers of Stillstorm's fleet) takes place sometime before the next engagement.
My work is done for now, feel free... ;)

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

That would be a good angle to play when Alex gains contact with the TCA. He is practically the only human with some modicum of telepathic experience and even mental defense in place.

Werra

Post by Werra »

Yes, yes, I meant it in the sense of how much the Loroi know about humanity already by his choice of buddies. He shouldn't be too happy if the Loroi inform him that he doesn't need to write the route back home down.

Establishing contact with the rest of humanity will be weird for Alex. Can you imagine an exhausted looking Alex appearing on screen, informing human officials to not even start getting personal?

Edit:
My work's done too.

Edit2:
I feel like I need to point out that even in bathhouses where sexual behaviour is expected, that doesn't really happen in the pools. Not only would it all be unprotected, it would also float everywhere.

novius

Post by novius »

Werra wrote:Yes, yes, I meant it in the sense of how much the Loroi know about humanity already by his choice of buddies. He shouldn't be too happy if the Loroi inform him that he doesn't need to write the route back home down.

Establishing contact with the rest of humanity will be weird for Alex. Can you imagine an exhausted looking Alex appearing on screen, informing human officials to not even start getting personal?

Edit:
My work's done too.
Worse. Imagine him advising the diplomatic staff to pack swimming gear - and lots of Sildenafil....

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

Werra wrote: Edit2:
I feel like I need to point out that even in bathhouses where sexual behaviour is expected, that doesn't really happen in the pools. Not only would it all be unprotected, it would also float everywhere.
Depends on the filtration system in place, the water has to be recycled after all with all the soap and skin flakes floating around.

Werra

Post by Werra »

Giving that advice would be akin to treason.

The Loroi might be disappointed when they realize that humans age and go fat with age.

@dragoongfa
Nah, filtration doesn't take out pollutants immediately. Especially when those pollutants are sticky and float around. Just ask yourself whether you'd like to get into such a pool where a dozen or more couples had already been to that night.
Not to mention the whole unprotected intercourse thing.

It's common practice to do these businesses on benches or in side rooms.

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

They are on a highly advanced spaceship so lets handwave it away with saying that 'the systems' are that good. Although the maintenance crew would certainly bitch about having to fix everything more often :P.

EDIT: As for protection, I think that at those tech levels (where both Humanity and the Loroi are) STDs would be an extinct category of illnesses.

Werra

Post by Werra »

dragoongfa wrote:They are on a highly advanced spaceship so lets handwave it away with saying that 'the systems' are that good. Although the maintenance crew would certainly bitch about having to fix everything more often :P.

EDIT: As for protection, I think that at those tech levels (where both Humanity and the Loroi are) STDs would be an extinct category of illnesses.
Oh, I hadn't expected the Loroi to have reglementations in place in case of pink alien manfolk.

I was hoping to save a reader or two from breakig the etiquette by following our story. :)

novius

Post by novius »

dragoongfa wrote:They are on a highly advanced spaceship so lets handwave it away with saying that 'the systems' are that good. Although the maintenance crew would certainly bitch about having to fix everything more often :P.

Werra wrote:Oh, I hadn't expected the Loroi to have reglementations in place in case of pink alien manfolk.
Exactly this. No one might have thought that far, especially not the Loroi. After all, a male on a warship is definitely a first for them, in many regards. Alex would have thought about the implications, if he had retained a clear mind.

Feel free to have those actions some implications, for example Alex and Talon earning some sharp reprimand to restrict such actions to their quarters :)

Werra

Post by Werra »

Well, somebody has to clean the filters now.

novius

Post by novius »

Werra wrote:Well, somebody has to clean the filters now.
And maybe hope for some more DNA samples.... No one knows how many and which factions might be on board to have a piece of Alex with no one the wiser, especially not him himself.

orion1836

Post by orion1836 »

Werra wrote: Oh, I hadn't expected the Loroi to have reglementations in place in case of pink alien manfolk.
This is been bugging me for a while now. No big deal, because you're not a native English speaker, but it is "regulations" in English. That is the French word.

Werra

Post by Werra »

Thanks, it's appreciated. Something felt wrong when I wrote it that way. (multible times)

Feel free to point out any and all mistakes I make.

Zarya

Post by Zarya »

I really like the New Frontier story and added some scribbling to it.
Does anyone have a good idea how the roof supports of a large log cabin are best constructed?
I was thinking about this for a smaller sized cabin, but the support beams are pushed up, rather than pulled.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

Werra wrote:Perhabs.
Okay, it continues, and it still annoys me.
Sorry, mate, I do not wish to say something negative, but perhaps you mean to write "perhaps"?

And someone is also always writing "loses".
Yes, someone loses a game, or a piece during a game, but when talking about all the lost ships, those are "losses"...

Just bugging me, and now I vented, feel free to ignore me.

Returning to reading the other posts in this thread.

(And thanks for all the episodes. Wish I had time to contribute too.... Maybe in a week or two again.

edit to add:
Werra wrote:Thanks, it's appreciated. Something felt wrong when I wrote it that way. (multible times)

Feel free to point out any and all mistakes I make.
Sure, will do so "multiple" times...
You seem to love a softer "b", but HMG (Her Majesty's government) wants a prexit*.

* a joke (prexit=hard brexit), trying to make you memorize that the English language doesn't use the softer "b" often....
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Werra

Post by Werra »

Ja, hit me baby, I've been naughty.

Seriously though, it's all appreciated. I'd rather catch flak here for my mistakes with English than where it matters. This is good practice for me.

HMG seems to prefer a soft Prexit. Only Johnson wanted a Brexit as hard as his brick.

Looking forward to your next contributions.