[Fan Fiction] Notes and discussion for "A sword that wields itself"

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

gigachad

Re: [Fan Fiction] Notes and discussion for "A sword that wields itself"

Post by gigachad »

An unexpected change of location but quite refreshing the tone of the story, are you planning a meeting with the top leadership of the union in the future?

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

gigachad wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:04 am
An unexpected change of location but quite refreshing the tone of the story,
The Intermissions did hint at that possibility. I can also now implement a couple of unused ideas I've created for a D&D campaign.
gigachad wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:04 am
are you planning a meeting with the top leadership of the union in the future?
I've planned for a meeting, yes. The only issue is that I have far less time to write, and therefore, the update schedule shifted to twice a month. So the audience before her Majesty the Azerein has to wait for a while. If everything went as planned, they would've met already.

gigachad

Post by gigachad »

I guess the nomadic loroi clans would be really dangerous to humanity with their reproductive speed and immunity to disease, it's sad that there is no more information about them, the very idea of ​​a matriarchal horde is absolutely unusual to me.

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

gigachad wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:20 pm
I guess the nomadic loroi clans would be really dangerous to humanity with their reproductive speed and immunity to disease,
Yet somehow, it's the Loroi who were driven into the outlying wastelands, and are forced to live a harsh nomadic life. The "elves" and humans, on the other hand, built a settled, agricultural society, and managed to uphold it despite the hostile climate or nomad raids. Maybe there's indeed something to this "God" they worship. Or the Loroi are simply too busy with infighting, just as on Deinar in the ancient past.
gigachad wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:20 pm
it's sad that there is no more information about them, the very idea of ​​a matriarchal horde is absolutely unusual to me.
There are several Intermissions which are from their point of view. Specifically, the Intermissions P, U and V.

Urist

Hope 11 months doesn't count as necro'ing

Post by Urist »

Just finished reading through the story — it's definitely an interesting take on the setting! I definitely didn't see the "Welcome to the Sword & Sorcery" shift coming, but I'm looking forwards to seeing where you go with it!
Barrai Arrir