Color and Stealth

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

G. Janssen

Re: Color and Stealth

Post by G. Janssen »

Bamax wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:03 am
I just completed Color and Stealth and I must say the ending was a surprise but a delightful one.

You write in a way that entertains and also have a knack for comedy.

I had no problem visualizing the scenes in the I think desert area where Wildfire found her tribe.

I like the realism in that Wildfire is no Mary Sue and definitely not Rey from Star Wars.

She can and does get defeated, but learns and takes advice and comes back victorious.

Coldstone is a very seemingly cultured Loroi... able to understand and appreciate both alien human culture and the ancient tribalism of the Loroi.

What I also like is that the characters remain distinct but you provide just enough information about them to make me want to know more.

Punch for example, is a fearless warrior who even a Klingon would respect.

I also liked how Loroi powers were on full display, from using sanzai to show imagery to communicate... sometimes to humorous effect, all the way to showing off that Loroi are strong as men fof their weight (Punch killing a predator by punching it to death and suffocating it with her hand down it's throat lol).
Thank you for the compliments, kind Sir.

The stick-a-hand-down-an-attacking-predator's-throat tactic is an old Masai trick in case of an attack by a solitary lion. It will result in a gag reflex. You'll still get mauled though. But you'll survive. Probably. A way they fend of multiple lions is by using thorned branches. Somehow lions don't like being beaten with branches that have one inch long thorns on them. The pussies.

Oh look, it works on bears as well. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ ... off-attack

Don't try it on sharks or crocodiles though. :)

Bamax

Re: Color and Stealth

Post by Bamax »

Well in conclusion I came across some music on youtube I thought would work well as a musical portrait for Color and Stealth.

Pioneers Of Space by Gregoir Lourme

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K74XovMg9xw

If there was one thing your work showed well it's that Loroi have problems of their own too... just like we do.

I think the music would work well as trailer music if Color and Stealth were a mini-series.

Why so dramatic music? I dunno, the last scene with the pirate and Emery stuck with me.

Perhaps he had it coming after all? I mean who knows what he had on his pad? Maybe the guy was a serial rapist/killer of human and Loroi females for all the vessels he plundered?

And the Loroi became fed up with their attacks on civillian spaceships and sent them not the enemy the pirates wanted... but the enemy they deserved (a bunch of renegade highly skilled and sometimes psychotic Loroi).

It's like karmatic justice more or less perhaps... in the form of some eccentric Loroi warriors coming for them. These guys needed to be taken down once and for all and the Loroi found a way to do it that would not compromise diplomatic relations.