WANT!

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

icekatze

Re: WANT!

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I bought a handful of games over the steam summer sale, but I haven't even managed to work my way through half of them yet. (So much time spent working on art these days.) However, I have promised myself that I will buy X-com once I've managed to get through my current "games to play," list. Even if its not on sale, something I usually don't do with games.

Halbrogen

Post by Halbrogen »

went to the local goodwill today, i found Fallout 1 and 2 for $7 lot of fun.

bought two Automatic transmissions yesterday, both broken, for $100, stripped 'em down, and made a freshly rebuilt trans out of them.

selling it tomorrow for $400 :mrgreen:

im now ready to buy me some Rookie panic: the game(also known as X-com)

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

icekatze wrote:I bought a handful of games over the steam summer sale, but I haven't even managed to work my way through half of them yet. (So much time spent working on art these days.) However, I have promised myself that I will buy X-com once I've managed to get through my current "games to play," list. Even if its not on sale, something I usually don't do with games.
I've got something like 100 games from Steam that I haven't even installed yet, much less played.

discord

Post by discord »

two to one odds that a crack for the 'american' version of the game is on the net before i get my pre-ordered game to unlock....*grumble*.

kinda reminds me of a 'funny' picture i found way back...found it.
http://i.imgur.com/GxzeV.jpg
kinda sums it up pretty well.

<Edit>
actually the scene release for xcom was last saturday, a few days BEFORE official release.....for the 360 but still.
</edit>

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

discord wrote:two to one odds that a crack for the 'american' version of the game is on the net before i get my pre-ordered game to unlock....*grumble*.

kinda reminds me of a 'funny' picture i found way back...found it.
http://i.imgur.com/GxzeV.jpg
kinda sums it up pretty well.

it kind of sad that it the true

unfortunatly if they come at you (what almost happened with law 130 i think) you can just say "screw you! put less annoying thing in your DVD and we might buy it.
Justice is blind when it come to money

discord

Post by discord »

well, it is now official, 1 day 13 hours before i can play my pre-purchased game it is available on the scene cracked...or well that is when i found it...it was posted ten hours earlier.

and those 'suits' at the game companies actually think that DRM crap actually stops people from copying the stuff? silly.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Oh my god... That just looks great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJpeuWwhMXk
A new space sim. By Chris Roberts. :shock:
Edit:
http://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

They still let Chris Roberts make games? I had a chuckle at the "the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated," as I assumed it was referring to Roberts' career (it was instead, referring to the status of PC Gaming).

The graphics look nice, and I suppose there's nothing wrong with a modern version of Wing Commander. But I think Chris Roberts is the space sim equivalent of Richard Garriott; his 8-bit storytelling skills don't scale to the expectations of modern audiences.

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

Arioch wrote:They still let Chris Roberts make games?
Considering that my information says it's going to be Kickstarted we'll see, maybe not.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

They still let Chris Roberts make games?
As long as he doesn´t direct another movie...

Well, I hope that this will be a worthy Wing Commander successor with some Privateer extras and not some overhyped Freelancer 2.
Lets just wait and see. 2014 is a long way to go. :|
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

awesome graphic.

but it true, only the old fan may like this game, so a Kickstart to reach them may be the best of the option.

discord

Post by discord »

XCOM report:
first game, normal difficulty with ironman ON.
starts pretty well considering i know nothing of what to do and pick up the slack from fumbling the satellites a little....
managed to crawl my way through those bloody newer incarnations of aliens(they get stronger and better as the game goes, probably related to researched tech which kinda screwed me over as i researched everything double fast but had little cash to actually implement the damn things.)
got to the end game, last mission for all the marbles....and i get a script bug that made it impossible to continue to the next segment, can't reload it's ironman after all...so humanity got wiped out by... sloppy coding and QA.

joy.

Michael

Post by Michael »

Suederwind wrote:Oh my god... That just looks great:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJpeuWwhMXk
A new space sim. By Chris Roberts. :shock:
Edit:
http://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/
I was going to mention that now!! Looks f***ing Amazing!!
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

beem two year (more or less... ok more an year and half,

Do anyone have buyed ship?

i was brainwashed into buying the 300i :P