RP

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

sunphoenix

Re: RP

Post by sunphoenix »

I'd use this for Loroi...

Race: Loroi {29pts} “Homo Psyche - modified”
Mind +1 {10pts}
Block Power [Source: Psionics; Deplete -3] = Lvl 1 {9pts}
Energy Bonus [+10 Energy Points] = Lvl 2 {4pts}
Mind Shield [Deplete -3] = Lvl 2, +2 Mind, 20pts Mental Armor Rating {1pt}
------
"Signature Sensing" Sixth Sense [Emotions, Minds; Deplete -3] = Lvl 1, Area {3 Base} [10m r], Range/3 [1km] <+3> {2pts}
------
"Sanzai" Telepathy [Universal; Deplete -3, Unpredictable -2], Range {1 Base} [10m], Range/3 [1km] <+2> = Lvl 1, +1 Mind, 1 person {3pts}
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

VonWolffe wrote:I should also mention that I would be very surprised to find an Army officer serving as the first officer aboard a Naval vessel, especially one of such low rank. The equivalent of a 2Lt in Navy ranks (if we are using a British rank structure cause the American one is just bananas) would be Acting-Sub Lieutenant which implies that you do not yet have any trade training, let alone be trusted with a first officer posting. I would recommend for the First Officer's rank be either Lieutenant Commander (Lt Cmdr) or Commander (Cmdr), if only to keep me from laughing at the idea of a 2Lt telling anyone what to do.

Edit: After looking more closely I see that you did indeed indicate your Character's rank is Lieutenant Commander, I was thrown off by the writing of his title as 2Lt Cmdr. It would be written as simply Lt Cmdr, you worked hard to get rid of that 2Lt. Also, a 24 year old Lt Cmdr? Flag officer?
Thanks for advices! I don't have much contact with navy being member of ground forces. Perhaps I will simply promote him up to Lt Cmdr with first officer posting. About trade, there was mentioned that all cadets of military academies where taught trade language.

ps
25 years old? I had Captain who was 25 and was commanding whole company ;]

But as always GM you are free to make any complains and propositions just sent me pm and keep treat clean.

VonWolffe

Post by VonWolffe »

Beliskner wrote:Thanks for advices! I don't have much contact with navy being member of ground forces. Perhaps I will simply promote him up to Lt Cmdr with first officer posting. About trade, there was mentioned that all cadets of military academies where taught trade language.

ps
25 years old? I had Captain who was 25 and was commanding whole company ;]

But as always GM you are free to make any complains and propositions just sent me pm and keep treat clean.
Of course, but bear in mind that a Captain is only a junior officer rank in the Army, and while he leads troops in the field he is not in charge of the entire Company. A Captain (Navy) is the equivalent of a Colonel in the Army, and a Colonel would in fact be the CO of that Company but would be doing so from HQ. The Army equivalent of a Lt Commander would be a Major, and of a Commander would be a Lieutenant Colonel. I believe you need 15 years in the military to even be eligible for promotion to Major/Lt Commander.

Things could of course be different in the Outsiderverse, but expect me to raise an eyebrow at someone wearing that many bars who doesn't have a few creases in their face yet. I don't even think General Staff or Attaches get promoted that quickly. Bear in mind the Captain of the Cydonia is in his sixties!

Army O ranks; (Ocdt, 2Lt, Lt, Captain, Major, Lt Colonel, Colonel, Generals)
Navy O ranks; (Ncdt, ASLt, SLt, Lt (N), Lt Cmdr, Cmdr, Captain (N), Admirals)

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

True VonWolffe.. perhaps Game master could write down rank system or make a statement about ranking in outsider system(in game). That would clear any mistakes and confusion in future.

ps.
I was never interested much in ranks during my service. Being sergeant (OR-5) in ground forces I spent most of my time at wars than at home. Now I'm stuck at this "forced leave" for next 4 months...

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

And here is my Teidar Loroi... So I leave it to all of you.. which would you like me to play? I think it would be nice to have a even balance of Human to Loroi player characters.

--------

Teidar Sezon Sonnidezi 'Stormrage' <-- Post Color
Martial Artist 'Teidar' {Female} [Points 319]
Position: Expeditionary Squad 1 - {Loroi} Teidar
Background: Born in battle to a famous Loroi Fleet Admiral. Raised to be a solider … only meeting her mother two or three times. Desperately wishes to gain her mother’s respect and notice. Very much needful of love and closeness in her life… something that her duties as a ‘Unsheathed’ have keep far from her. Known to be a somewhat troublesome soldier as her… "hot pants", lecherous drives get her into trouble more often than not. A VERY capable warrior and spectacularly dangerous with her powerful electrokinetic talents!

Description -
SpoilerShow
Spoken name: {Teidar} Sonnidezi 'pronounced So-Knee-day-zee'
Name Meaning: {Storm-Rage}
Caste/Rank: Teidar 'Unsheathed' O3 CPT
Race: Loroi
Appearance: HT 5'10" {175cm}, WT 135lbs {61.36kg}, Hair - Pale Blonde twin-braids near nape of neck, Eyes - Emerald Green; Beautiful and cat like in grace.
Picture -
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Personality: Bold and Passionate. Somewhat rash and tends to deep sexual appetites especially after combat.
Abilities/Skills: Solider – Unsheathed, Martial Arts, 1hd Melee, Firearms-Pistols, Gunnery, Psionic Combat;
Stats: {319pts}
SpoilerShow
Body: 6, Mind: 4 {5}, Soul: 7 {170pts}
ACV = 6; DCV = 6; Dam MP = 5 x {Weapon Attack Lvl} + ACV
- ACV: Pistols/Psionic Attacks/Unarmed [8]
- DCV: Ranged-Personal/Unarmed [8]
- Damage: Psionic Attacks Dam MP 7 {w/Amplifier Weapon level - Dam MP 10}
- Initiative: +6
- Perception: +2 Mind/Body {Perception checks}
Movement {per round} / m {kph}:
* Walk = 6m {Indefinite}; Jog = 9m {long}; Run = 12m {moderate}; Sprint = 18m {short}
* Jump = 2m LT x 1m HT/Back {standing}; 3.75m LT [Body check TN12] {run}
* Swim/Crawl = 1m {long}; Swim/Crawl = 2m {short}
Health Points = 65 {75}
Shock Value = 15
Energy Points = 55 {65}

Race: Loroi {31pts} “Homo Psyche - modified”
Mind +1 {10pts}
Block Power [Source: Psionics; Deplete -3] = Lvl 1 {9pts}
Energy Bonus [+10 Energy Points] = Lvl 2 {4pts}
Mind Shield [Deplete -3] = Lvl 2, +2 Mind, 20pts Mental Armor Rating {1pt}
------
"Signature Sensing" Sixth Sense [Emotions, Minds; Deplete -3] = Lvl 1, Area {3 Base} [10m r], Range/3 [1km] <+3> {2pts}
------
"Sanzai" Telepathy [Universal; Deplete -3, Unpredictable -2], Range {1 Base} [10m], Range/3 [1km] <+2>, Targets/2 [5 persons] <+2> = Lvl 1, +1 Mind, 1 person {5pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Telepathy = +Lvl 3 {Lvl 4}, +4 Mind <18 VPP>

Combat Technique [Blind-Fighting <2>, Brutal/2 <4>, Critical Strike <2> Deflection <2>, Leap Attack <2> Lighting Reflexes/2 {+6Intv} <4>, Reflection <2>] {18pts}
Extra Actions = Lvl 1 {15pts}
Extra Defenses = Lvl 1 {5pts}
Heightened Awareness = Lvl 2 {4pts}
Massive Damage {Psionic Attacks} = Lvl 2 {8pts}
Melee Attack {Unarmed} = Lvl 2 {6pts}
Melee Defense {Unarmed} = Lvl 2 {6pts}
Organizational Ties: Loroi Military - Teidar, Sezon Special Forces, Rank O3 CPT “cobalt blue” uniform = Lvl 3 {6pts}
Teidar Psionic Combat Training:
Environmental Influence: Electricity [Deplete -3], Area {3 Base} = Lvl 1, 1 Environment - Electricity; +Area/2 '5' [100m r] <+2>, Range/2 [100m] <+2> {3pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Environmental Influence = +Lvl 3 {Lvl 4}, +3 Environments {Magnetism/ Light/ Fire & Heat}; <6 VPP>
”Electro-Static Shield” Force Field [Deplete -3, Detectible: sight 'arcing lightning'/smell 'ozone' -1] = Lvl 3, 8pts Armor Rating, Regenerating <+1>, Area/1 [1m] <+1> {7pts}
------
Telekinesis [Deplete -3], Range {1 Base} = Lvl 1, 1kg, 10m {5pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Telekinesis = +Lvl 3 {Lvl 4}, 1,000kg, 10kg-hurled object {Weapon Lvl1, Range/1 '10m'} <24 VPP>
------
Telekinesis-Electrokinesis [Deplete -3], Range {1 Base} = Lvl 2, 10kg, 10m {5pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Telekinesis-Electrokinesis = +Lvl 3 {Lvl 5}, 100m Area {Weapon Lvl2, Range/2 '100m'} <12 VPP>
------
“Lightning Bolt” Weapon-Primary [Deplete -3] = Lvl 3, Range/2 [100m] <+2> {7pts}
------
“Lightning Blast” Weapon-Alternate [Deplete -3] = Lvl 2, Area/4 [30m rad] <+4>, Range/2 [100m] <+2> {3pts ‘half-cost’}
------
“Lightning Sheath” Weapon-Alternate [Deplete -3] = Lvl 1, Aura/2 <+2>, Area/1 [1m rad] <+1> {1pt ‘half-cost’}
------
“Electro-Stun” Weapon-Alternate [Deplete -3] = Lvl 2, Area/2 [3m rad] <+2>, Range/1 [10m] <+1>, Stun <+1> {2pt ‘half-cost’}
------
Ranged Attack {Psionic Attacks} = Lvl 2 {6pts}
Ranged Attack {Energy Pistols} = Lvl 2 {6pts}
Ranged Defense {Personal} = Lvl 2 {6pts}
Skill: Acrobatics [Tumbling] = Lvl 2 {2pts}
Skill: Etiquette [Upper Class] = Lvl 2 {2pts}
Skill: Interrogation [Psychological] = Lvl 2 {4pts}
Skill: Intimidation [Political] = Lvl 2 {4pts}
Skill: Military Science [Intelligence Analysis] = Lvl 2 {4pts}
Tough = Lvl 2 [+10 health] {4pts}

Other Attributes: {5pts}
Features: Appearance/3 ‘Very Attractive’ {3pts}
Skill: Seduction [Female] = Lvl1 {2pts}
Equipment: [ 51pts ]
SpoilerShow
Laspistol = Item, Lvl 4 Weapon, <8 pts>, Lvl 2 Range, 100m, <2 pts>; Total Cost: {5pts}
Loroi Bioplas Armor = Item, Lvl 12 Armor, 24pts AR, <24pts>; Total Cost: {12pts}

PSI Amplifier Helmet = Power Variation, Lvl 3 {Environmental Influence, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Weapon} - 24 Variation Power Points <VPP>; Total Cost: {12pts}

Loroi Combat Vacc-Suit = Item, Lvl 15 Armor, 30pts AR <30pts> / Features-Radio <1pt> / Special Defense [Freezing Cold/2, Lack of Air/2 {10hrs}, Low Pressure/2, Radiation/1] <14pts>; Total Cost: {22pts}
Defects
SpoilerShow
{-26pts}
Easily Distracted Lecherous [-2]
Easily Distracted Very interested in Humans… especially their 1:1 gender ratio… [-2]
Guy Magnet [-2]
Race{Ism}: Loroi are Mistrusted by the Galactic Society ‘Bad Reputation’ [-4]
Marked: Loroi [-1]
Marked: “Eyes Glow brightly Silver when Psionics in use" [-2]
Nemesis Teidar Sezon Tononinzil ‘Deathwind’, Commanding Officer {Disappointed in her lecherous nature – looking to get her removed from duty permanently} [-1]
Owned: Loroi Military - Teidar {Sezon} [-4]
Recurring Nightmares - Survivor of destroyed Loroi cruiser "Deathwind", decorated for her valor but pained by the loss of close friends from her training lost with the ship and not handling the death of close friends well [-2]
Skeleton In the Closet – Involved in Romantic Relationship with Teidar Malirtin 'Shining-Silver'[-4]
Unique Defect: Proud & Driven – Upholds Loroi honor and superiority demanding respect and obedience by client races, wants the respect & notice of her Mother { Torrai Soshret Lomisonni ‘Bright-Storm’ – Mother, Loroi Admiral Fleet Commander}[-2]
Tempest Game -
SpoilerShow
Skills – {12} +30/+20
SpoilerShow
Defense – 5rk
Firearms – 4rk
Martial Arts – 4rk

Sanzai Skills -
Send/Recieve - 4rk
Mind Shield - 4rk
Signature Detection - 3rk

Advanced Sanzai -
Thought Detection - 4rk
Mind Reading - 4rk
Telekinesis {Electrokinesis} Control – 6rk
Telekinesis {Electrokinesis} Power - 6rk

Languages -
Loroi Trade - 2rk
English - 2rk

Special Abilities {2} / Flaw {1}
Attractive
Electrokinesis

Lecherous

Background -
Life Changing Events – {5}
{Childhood} Mother leads leads a Loroi Fleet Element to a significant victory, large shoes to fill and much is expected of Stormrage as she was born in battle.
{Adolescent} Raised to be a Unsheathed warrior intense combat and disciplining
{Adulthood} Achieves ‘Teidar’ rank and assigned to the Loroi war front. Known by her superiors to be of a Lecherous demeanor but is respected as an efficient and capable warrior.
{Tempest Expedition 1} Survivor of destroyed Loroi cruiser, decorated for her valor but pained by the loss of close friends from her training lost with the ship.
{Tempest Expedition 2} Not handling the death of close friends well she indulges in… amorous indiscretions. Reprimanded for her lecherous indiscretions and assigned to Operation: Tempest Expedition

Relationships Goals & Secrets –
{Blood} Torrai Soshret Lomisonni ‘Bright-Storm’ – Mother, Loroi Admiral Fleet Commander
{Romance} Teidar Malirtin 'Shining-Silver' – Close friend {M.I.A.}
{Association} Teidar Sezon Tononinzil ‘Deathwind’, Commanding Officer {Disappointed in her lecherous nature – looking to get her removed from duty permanently}
{Goal 1} Make her mother proud of her and gain her respect and attention.
- She is not even sure her mother knows her name.
{Goal 2} Meet her father and learn his name.
{Secret} Very interested in Humans… especially their 1:1 gender ratio…

Bennies –
General : 3

{Updated - 04/17/2011} - 09:33:00 PM
Tempest Game - 'Teidar' Sezon Sonnidezi 'Stormrage' - Blade Squad / Fire Team {3}
SpoilerShow
Teidar Berairodai 'Crimson-Cloud' [Red Haired] <-- Post Color {FF0000}
- Sanzai: Snd/Rcve 4, MndShld 4, SgntrDtctn 3; Adv. Sanzai: ThghtDtct 3, MndRd 3, TKCon 5, TKPwr 5
{Biokinesis: Psychic Healer 4}
Teidar Remirnelo 'Dark-Sun' [Raven Haired] <-- Post Color {000080}
- Sanzai: Snd/Rcve 4, MndShld 4, SgntrDtctn 4; Adv. Sanzai: ThghtDtct 4, MndRd 4, TKCon 5, TKPwr 6 {Cryokinesis}
Teidar Tininzil 'Silver-Wind' [White Haired] <-- Post Color {80BFBF}
- Sanzai: Snd/Rcve 4, MndShld 4, SgntrDtctn 4; Adv. Sanzai: ThghtDtct 3, MndRd 4, TKCon 7, TKPwr 5
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

VonWolffe

Post by VonWolffe »

Haha, you're establishing a pretty high bar there sunphoenix. Two good looking characters already. Making the rest of us look bad!

Personally I like the idea of a lecherous Loroi, but one of the Unsheathed too? My vote is for Stormrage, but I think both of your characters are good to go.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Things could of course be different in the Outsiderverse, but expect me to raise an eyebrow at someone wearing that many bars who doesn't have a few creases in their face yet. I don't even think General Staff or Attaches get promoted that quickly. Bear in mind the Captain of the Cydonia is in his sixties!
Well, I was not in the armed forces, so I had to look up a few things.
The Captain is in his sixties, yes. But bear in mind, that he is at the end of his career and was not promoted beyond this rank because of problems with his superior officers. I'm not sure how long a CO serves, so I picked his age randomly.

Ranksystem:
I think I will use something I made up for a project of mine and it is based on naval ranks from the imperial german navy. I hope thats ok.
The ranks would be:
Sailor, Private, Petty Officer, Staff Sergeant, Sergeant-Major, Ensign, Lieutenent, Lieutenent-Commander, Commander, Captain, Commodore, Admiral, Admiral of the Fleet
I'm not sure that this translations are correct. :oops:
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

VonWolffe

Post by VonWolffe »

I'll stand by your interpretation Suederwind, though the implications of some of what you are saying are... unsavoury. Rank and structure is not something I should be hung up on in an rp that is about fun, but out characters would be very familiar with the structure and it's meaning. It's just that I had it hammered into me in an environment where it really really mattered. :D But hey, I signed up for it. I submit the following with no expectation that it be followed.

This is the Coalition (British, Canadian, Australian) rank and structure;

NCMs - http://www.forces.ca/Content/Ranks/rank_ncm_en.jpg
Officers - http://www.forces.ca/Content/Ranks/rank_officer_en.jpg

(If you look at the NCM image, saying that a Sailor is lower than a Private, or that Sergeant is higher than Petty Officer for example... These things would make a Sergeant Major's head explode)

(Sergeant Major is an appointment, not a rank. He's the top NCM in a given unit, and responsible for making sure the right people are shit on when something goes wrong)

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Like I said, I just very roughly translated those ranks. But you are right, its better to choose a more fitting and familiar rank model here.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

VonWolffe

Post by VonWolffe »

After doing some thinking about ranks it occurred to me that Alexander Jardin happens to be an Ensign; a rank that exists in the American forces but not in the Coalition rank and structure that I indicated above. This would mean we would have to use American ranks if we were to keep with Arioch's established universe.

American Rank and Structure (at the bottom of the page); http://www.aviationexplorer.com/air_for ... ucture.htm

Sorry for the confusion, I was trying to clarify and make it easy to understand for everyone, but it's a complicated mess even to those looking at it from inside the military! (ref Beliskner and I)

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Sorry for the confusion, I was trying to clarify and make it easy to understand for everyone, but it's a complicated mess even to those looking at it from inside the military! (ref Beliskner and I)
No problem! Thanks for the information. I will put the link in that new OOC thread I just made. :)
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

VonWolffe wrote:That wasn't all of Alternity sunphoenix. xD That's about a third of it. It was taking so long to upload when you were waiting for it that I started cutting off the less relevant files.
Hey would you mind sending me the rest of those?

Also, someone asked me to share the Alternity files sent to me... but I can't find that e-mail anymore. I mentioned that I was unfamiliar with using goggle-drive for sharing files, who was that?
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

VonWolffe

Post by VonWolffe »

I'll get those files as soon as I can for you sunphoenix, it's just going to require some shuffling around of files from one computer to another for that to happen. If the laptop it was all on was built in this century it would be much easier I am sure. :D

Thanks again for all the help with the character, you've given me a good start but I'm still hung up on some things. I'll figure it out before long and have my character ready for the game.

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Paiad ("the one who aims"), Doranzer Mazil (virology expert)
Color AA6633

Paiad was always interested more of theory than practical work and within her caste, she fitted better in research than caring patients. So she specialized on area, what would have given work safety without disturbances, but instead she was rewarded with order to get in ship, which was sended to take contact with new found alien race.

She is medium size, though little rounder than most loroi, she has dark grey skin and chocolate colored hair.
SpoilerShow
{150}BASIC
{50}Body 5
{50}Mind 5 (6)
{50}Soul 5

{29}TEMPLATE : Loroi Race
{10}Mind Stat +1
{9}Block Power {Source : Psionics; Deplete -3} Lvl 1
{4}Energy Bonus Lvl 2 [+10 Energy Points]
{1}Mind Shield Lvl 2 {Deplete -3}
{2}Sixth Sence Lvl 1 {Emotions, Minde; Deplete -3, Area 10m, Range 1km +3}
{3}Telepathy (Sanzai) {Universal; Deplete -3; Unpredictable -2; Area 10m; Range 1km +2}

{6}TEMPLATE : Doranzer Mazil (Virology & Poisons Specialist)
{4}Organizational Ties (Doranzel) Lvl 2
{2}Tough Lvl 2 [+10 HP] {Only against poisons and viruses -2?}

{15}TELEKINESIS
{7}Telekinesis Lvl 1 {Range limited on touch/one inch -1}
{6}Shield Lvl 2 [Defense Bonus +2, Armor 12] {Deplete -3; Requires intense Concentration -4}
{2}Special Movement (Wall Crawling) {Enviromental Restriction: Only in microgravity -2}

{45}SKILLS
{2}Administration (Military) Lvl 2
{2}Artisan (Folding) Lvl 2
{12}Biological Sciences (Bacteria/Viruses) Lvl 4
{6}Computers (Databases) Lvl 2
{3}Languages (English (Alex's dialect), Trade (Loroi), Sanzai communication)
{8}Medical (Diagnosis) Lvl 4
{4}Poisons Lvl 4 (Alien origin)
{6}Police Sciences Lvl 3 (Forensics)
{2}Sleight of Hands Lvl 2 (Stage Magic)

{7}ITEMS
{6}Armour Lvl 6
{1}Magnifying Goggles

{68}UNSPENT
Last edited by bunnyboy on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Supporter of forum RPG

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Neat character Bunny! I like.

Again, I wanted to stress that the [RP] Prelude-Cydonia Rising [IC: Burning Embers] is not supposed to be the start of the game... merely a chance for the Loroi characters to get a chance to meet and greet each other.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Neat character Bunny! I like.
Me too!
Again, I wanted to stress that the [RP] Prelude-Cydonia Rising [IC: Burning Embers] is not supposed to be the start of the game... merely a chance for the Loroi characters to get a chance to meet and greet each other.
No problem. I hope you did not mind me posting some NPC point of view there.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

HA! This is YOUR game fella! I was worried you'd be offended by me posting our little prelude: Burning Embers. :)

Please feel free to interject anything you desire!
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Michael

Post by Michael »

Ohhhhh, a new RP? Sweet! Might get involved if you'll have me, and if I can find the time
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

No problem! We are a bit short on human characters. So, it would be great if you could play one. Feel free to send me a rough character proposal with the background, motto and motivation of your character. You will find most information in the first post of the Cydonia Rising OOC thread.
Would be nice to have you aboard!
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

{Ahem}!
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke