[RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Suederwind

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)

Post by Suederwind »

It would be good if we could keep the balance here at least to some point. So, more human characters, please. Captain Blake feels a little bit lonely on his bridge right now... ;)
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

You may want to edit the first posts or all our various Cydonia Rising threads with this...

[RP]Prelude-Cydonia Rising [IC: 'Dying Embers']
[RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)
[RP]Cydonia Rising (Characters)
RP

I don't think I made myself clear before. This allows us to switch-navigate between threads without having to look for them by simply going to the first post in the thread we are currently in - should one of our game threads not be used for a while in the press of posts on the forum. :)
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Good idea! I will fix that back home and will add some new things to the prelude and the ooc thread (a system map and a map of cydonia).
Edit: I posted those links in my signature, as the limit of links in a post appears to be 10, which is a little low for that first OOC post.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Some new Maps and Infos:
(Those maps should be seen as a rough sketches.)

The Hellespont system: Link
In its center is a small red dwarf star, roughly the size of Barnard's Star. It is orbited by two planets:
(A)a small, grey, mercury like planet and its nearly equal sized moon, nicknamed Huginn and Muninn by the crew of Cydonia.
(B)the purple gas giant, Cydonia is orbiting. It has a strong magnetic field and a thin ring made of ice, nicknamed Odin. Only some small, former asteroids as moons.
(C)an asteroid belt, surrounding the system.
(1)the jumpzone to the Steppes region of space. (~5-6h of flight time, some hidden sensor probes are placed around it)
(2)the jumpzone to the human sphere of influence. (a bit closer to Cydonia, ~2-3h of flight time)

The innards of ECS-096 Cydonia: Link
Deck 1: upper deck
(A)the bridge
(B)conferencerooms
(C)the captains quarter
(D)captains office

Deck 2: middle deck
(E)messdeck
(F)crew quarters
(G)officers quarters
(H)guest quarters (normally for diplomats, politicians and other vip)
(I)security station (includes a brigg and armory)
(J)training/sports area
(K)sickbay
(L)science lab (smaller than on a scout, but it is there, not the newest equipment)
(M)cargo area (two decks high, docking mechanism for space stations)
(N)shuttlebay (includes Cydonias shuttle craft "Calypso", there is place for one more shuttle)

Deck 3: lower deck
(O)engeneering (fusion reactor, life support, ...)
(P)fuel tanks
Last edited by Suederwind on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

nice starting posts guys.....Now if I could only get that sort of activity and quality in my Play by post Games :D

When and where do us Humies start by the way???

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Hi Dragoon!
There are some post for the human side in the prelude, hidden by spoilers. Feel free to post your finished character in the character thread or send it to me, so I can check and discuss it with you.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

Sorry thought i had sent it too you..still not too sure about how to use the message system here .

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Hm... I will look into my inbox again. I thought you had sended me an unfinished one, which you wanted to modify. Sorry in advance if I accidently got something wrong or mixed things up.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

Just needed for you to review it and give me your okay.... I may have missed a few things...it's been a while since I used this system.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Hey Suederwind, I've noticed something you need to make a decision on.

Organizational Ties and Rank.

For my character.. I simply took the O-Rank equivalent - {Teidar Sezon / Marine Captain, O3 CPT, cobalt blue} and took that many levels in Organizations Ties to pay for my rank.

But as you may not have noticed...
Mizol-Losat Malidasaria "Thoughtvenom" {CJ Miller's character}... Mizol-Loset... outranks your -Mizol Sanzet (NPC): spoken name: beganenzit = "twilight saber", age 32, raised on Perrein.

You either need to 'cap' some of the chaste ranks {Mizol, Listel, Teidar...etc..} that players can buy or increase the rank of your npc Beganenzit.

You should determine the Maximum Rank we can buy and how many levels of Organizational Ties we need to pay for our various ranks.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Yes, you are right. I will make a ranking tabel as soon as I can (tonight I think). Sorry for that. In generall: no players
As for that Mizol NPC rank: I made a misstake and somehow mixed up something there. It should have been Mizol Parat (a Torimor would be to high I guess, she should be equal ranked to the Soroin). I'll fix that.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Will be out of town for the weekend, as I am every other weekend, so Malidasaria won't be popping up for a few days yet.
Don't delay, join today!

Random Person

Post by Random Person »

Heck, I'll join if there's room. I'll take the Chief Engineer slot on the human side, though I think I would prefer playing a subordinate engineer.
Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down? It's not my department. -Wernher von Braun

Yiuel

Post by Yiuel »

Suederwind wrote:Yes, you are right. I will make a ranking tabel as soon as I can (tonight I think). Sorry for that. In generall: no players
As for that Mizol NPC rank: I made a misstake and somehow mixed up something there. It should have been Mizol Parat (a Torimor would be to high I guess, she should be equal ranked to the Soroin). I'll fix that.
I have been fairly straightforward, I paid 5 levels in the Listel clan. That is, I am high among Listel, but Listel only. On a ship, I am barely a passenger, except in those fields that concern Listel (*Knowledge gathering for the win*).
la nɔtʀʏltsɪmœ ʀɛv, dɛ ʒã puʀ la pʀɔtɛʒe
nu vœnõ dõkœ dœ tupaʀtu, puʀ ɛtʀœ sa ɡʀãdaʀme
dœ la site pʀɔtɛktœʀ, dœ sœ ʀɛvœ defãsœʀ
ynjõ dœ la fɔʀsœ dœ tus, nu vwasijalɔʀ lɛzɔʀiɔnɪt

- The Chant of A Certain Army

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

@Suederwind
Damn nice. But I did hope that they had survivors from both side and put them on different cells just little bit out of the reach of of each other. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Supporter of forum RPG

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

bunnyboy wrote:@Suederwind
Damn nice. But I did hope that they had survivors from both side and put them on different cells just little bit out of the reach of of each other. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
As one of my usual RPG group said: "Don´t you know its dangerous to talk about such things when the GM can hear you?" :lol:
Glad you liked it. :D
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

I'm ruined so many of my characters lives, than I'm not afraid of you. :lol:

Perhaps the most epic was the one, who in one point was a lizard transvestite spying his former mentor for the archenemy of said mentor. He had to transfer his mind on to fly to escape his wrath and he left behind bestial girl with mutating body, who got mind from telepathic proof disguises, who was layered over and under each other until they were self aware.

Perhaps best lesson which I learned with him was, don't ever try drink a blood of crazy paranoid wizard while he is sleeping. Not even when he forgot feed you.
Supporter of forum RPG

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

I'm ruined so many of my characters lives, than I'm not afraid of you. :lol:
At least you admit. ;)
Perhaps best lesson which I learned with him was, don't ever try drink a blood of crazy paranoid wizard while he is sleeping. Not even when he forgot feed you.
Mine as a player was something like: Never give a grumpy and tired dwarf some new and untested drug, you made yourself, so he can take the first watch in the middle of a town, that already hates you...
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Hey Suederwind... why don't you just start a new Thread... mine was only supposed to be a prelude for the Loroi characters. That way we need no more spoiler links...

My prelude was only to get the Loroi characters to the hanger bay... that was accomplished{a little hastily...} but the purpose of the 'Dying Embers' prelude was merely to introduce the Loroi characters and let them all know each other and some of each other's quirks and abilities. Not to become the game RP thread.

[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC] ?
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Hi sunphoenix!
Hey Suederwind... why don't you just start a new Thread... mine was only supposed to be a prelude for the Loroi characters. That way we need no more spoiler links...
At first I wanted to start the game at the moment, when the loroi shuttle was save and Cydonia was on its way to the rescue. There should have been one or to posts from from NPCs that describe what happend before.
I think now that the way we do it now is better. Lets just play the prelude to the point, when the loroi shuttle starts and have a break there. What do you think?
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]