In Loroitown

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Hālian

Re: In Loroitown

Post by Hālian »

Selie is humankin confirmed? :D
Don't delay, join today!

Razor One

Post by Razor One »

She's just an oddball / deviant who happens to fit in extraordinarily well into human society. Just as there are people who can't stand to be touched or hate crowds here on Earth, she's just a little bit on the weird side and happens to enjoy touch and packed crowds. Human lotai adds another layer to it, since there's no telepathic noise to gum up her mind and being surrounded by a people who have customs where touch is involved... she's in heaven.

To put it into a human perspective, she enjoys hugs, but has lived in a society where hugs, casual contact and merely touching is extraordinarily taboo. Then she finds herself amongst a culture and people where hugs are everywhere, hand holding is widely accepted, and brushing by each other in crowds is par for the course. She's very much in love, so I'd say humanphile, rather than humankin, since the latter implies identity rather than a particular quirk.

I'm thinking of doing a Perrein Cuisine is Best Cuisine oneshot next, but I figure I'll let the muse recharge until tomorrow.
SpoilerShow
This is my Mod voice. If you see this in a thread, it means that the time for gentle reminders has passed.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

So Selie long for contact with other living being, but being a loroi it would be strange if she started touching her comrade?

*put some Barry white*

there, it should help!

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

While I am horrible with names I think I got the idea across with this thread. In my case I got inspired by real events. A major newspaper here used to have this "everyday heroes" thing going on and of the monthly winners was an immigrant that managed to catch a small boy that fell out of a window/balcony. It is easy to get inspiration from real events and use them in a fictional setting. Keep them coming.

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

dragoongfa wrote:I have a feeling that Alex either didn't get properly prepared/cooked Loroi food (because Stillstorm and co were still bitchy) or that the food he was served was highly nutritius but barely edible even by Loroi standards, something like modern high nutrition combat rations, they fill the belly and have what the body needs but they taste awful.
The Loroi mostly eat pre-prepared rations IIRC. So pretty much everything he got would have been a space-MRE.