Outsider Patreon Page

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Arioch
Site Admin

Outsider Patreon Page

Post by Arioch »

A number of you over the ages have suggested the creation of a Patreon page, and now that I have a few new pages up I've taken the time to create one. You can find it here:

https://www.patreon.com/AriochIV

If you have suggestions for pledge rewards and the like, I'd be interested to hear them.

fredgiblet

Re: Outsider Patreon Page

Post by fredgiblet »

Signed up. As for rewards my first suggestion would be dig around other webcomic ones and see what they are offering, maybe even contact them and ask how their stuff works out.

Eluvatar

Post by Eluvatar »

The current link from the main page doesn't seem to fit so I played around with some variants that might fit better: https://imgur.com/a/8T4xY

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

Thank you for making a Patron website for us to donate to, Arioch! Your artwork and story are brilliant and deserves to be funded.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Eluvatar wrote:The current link from the main page doesn't seem to fit so I played around with some variants that might fit better: https://imgur.com/a/8T4xY
The current icon is deliberately of a non-conforming color so that it catches the eye; I do want people to notice the change. I will probably eventually replace it with something in more proper colors.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Signed up, as well. Its nice to be able to support you and the comic better.
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

And here I am, still in a country under self imposed capital controls.

I feel dirty...

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

I have recently been "robbed" by a relative down on her luck (a sister, I got three of them!). And then the "promise to pay back" coworker so I am currently a bit strapped for cash. A small donation that gets increased later should be doable thou. I am already a pledged supporter of two internet personalities on paytreon. I see what I can do. Until then I hope the $100 I sent this summer helped.

I signed up for 1 dollar a page so far. Will increase later.

malletmann

Post by malletmann »

I've given a pledge; hope that this helps you out.

Razor One

Post by Razor One »

Consider me pledged.
SpoilerShow
This is my Mod voice. If you see this in a thread, it means that the time for gentle reminders has passed.

Siber

Post by Siber »

Very nice to see this go up. Can't currently chip in, but you can bet I will as soon as I can.

For perks, two come to mind based on some other comic patreons. First, access to votes on bonus things, like who gets featured in the next holiday pinup. You make the list of options, so you're not hostage to the pure whim and id of the masses. Second, cameos. It seems likely that we'll have plenty of scenes with 'extras' in the background that don't have any story role but to fill out the background and won't ever recur, so you could sell off the chance for some design input on one. It doesn't have to be an involved back and forth, and obviously it can be subject to your approval. So long as you're upfront about it being subject to approval, I don't think anyone could really object to you vetoing "Rainbow mohawked Teidar built like The Rock" as an cameo submission.
Atomic Space Race, a hard sci-fi orbital mechanics puzzle game.
Homeworld Fulcrum, a Homeworld Remastered Mod

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

I'm happy to report I've made a patreon account just for this occasion, and I'm currently supporting the only patreon initiative I'm likely to ever support.

Douggernaut

Post by Douggernaut »

Thanks for doing this! Will the $5 tier include the lossless PNGs for all pages, or just the pages funded with Patreon?

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Douggernaut wrote:Thanks for doing this! Will the $5 tier include the lossless PNGs for all pages, or just the pages funded with Patreon?
I'll make the previous pages available as well, though it may take a little time.

cacambo43

Post by cacambo43 »

I'm in for $5, Arioch. Keep up the good work!

CJSF

malletmann

Post by malletmann »

Arioch, just out of curiosity, now that you are making (a small amount of) income from the comic, have you considered advertising it?

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

malletmann wrote:Arioch, just out of curiosity, now that you are making (a small amount of) income from the comic, have you considered advertising it?
I think I have a ways to go in terms of establishing a record of regular updates before I can worry about things like that.

My limited experience with advertising is that you have to put quite a lot of money into it before you see significant results.

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

Yeah, also it's sort of a chicken and egg thing as far as money goes. If you advertise you HAVE to be able to pump out steady pages until the campaign is done. Because if someone sees an ad and the last update on the home page was 6 months ago they might just leave there.

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

For perks, two come to mind based on some other comic patreons. First, access to votes on bonus things, like who gets featured in the next holiday pinup. You make the list of options, so you're not hostage to the pure whim and id of the masses. Second, cameos. It seems likely that we'll have plenty of scenes with 'extras' in the background that don't have any story role but to fill out the background and won't ever recur, so you could sell off the chance for some design input on one. It doesn't have to be an involved back and forth, and obviously it can be subject to your approval. So long as you're upfront about it being subject to approval, I don't think anyone could really object to you vetoing "Rainbow mohawked Teidar built like The Rock" as an cameo submission.
Ooh, Siber's idea is good. I second that.

pinheadh78

Post by pinheadh78 »

A few years ago I posted on this forum that if Arioch setup a Patreon account then I would donate. Now there is an account and I have pledged to start things off. Best of luck that things work out; if nothing else it at least gives some more regular income for updates but I'd be OK with a month-by-month system too.