Emerging Tech

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

discord

Re: Emerging Tech

Post by discord »

fred: that just might actually need more than 10mbit, however when the bloody hell do you need THAT on a mobile device? and if you intend to use such insane bandwidths you just might go a little parallel with multiple streams instead.

overall I personally do not like streaming, I do understand the advantages just do not like it.
now that I think about it that reminds me of a chat with a buddy about how he disliked smartphones the main argument was about people getting to used to instant gratification to actually plan ahead which is one part about why I dislike streaming, the other being digital renting which is what streaming is.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

Oh, I love smartphone users.
You can make the wweirdest things with them when they are focused on their screens.

When waiting for lunch appointments, a lot of my colleagues stand around fixed on their screens. I always ask them if I can help them. The building does not allow GPS signals in, but if they're lost I am willing to show them the way to the canteen.

Those looks. :)
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Razor One

Post by Razor One »

SpoilerShow
This is my Mod voice. If you see this in a thread, it means that the time for gentle reminders has passed.

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

discord wrote:fred: that just might actually need more than 10mbit, however when the bloody hell do you need THAT on a mobile device?
All the time! Don't you know that 8K smartphone screens are just around the corner?! If you don't have a phone with a 10000 ppi screen then you're a loser!!!!!
overall I personally do not like streaming, I do understand the advantages just do not like it.
Agreed. I prefer to have whatever it is on my computer permanently. Of course I'm a massive pack rat for media so there's that.