[Fan Fiction]Calm Seas

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Krulle

Re: [Fan Fiction]Calm Seas

Post by Krulle »

dapple26 wrote:
Krulle wrote:
dapple26 wrote:Can I have a cheat-sheet for rank comparisons.
SpoilerShow
Nato rank German rang title = US navy equivalent
Flag officer ranks
OF-10 Großadmiral = Admiral of the Navy
OF-9 Generaladmiral = Fleet Admiral
OF-8 Admiral = Admiral Admiral von Schneider (been watching Miss Sophie's 90th birthday lately?)
OF-7 Vizeadmiral = Vice admiral
OF-6 Konteradmiral = Rear admiral
Officer ranks
OF-5a Kommodore = Commodore
OF-5 Kapitän zur See = Captain
OF-4 Fregattenkapitän = Commander
OF-3 Korvettenkapitän = Lieutenant commander
OF-2 Kapitänleutnant = Lieutenant "Kaleun" Gerhard Heinemann
OF-1a Oberleutnant zur See = Lieutenant (junior grade) Oberleutnant Müller
OF-1 Leutnant zur See = Ensign Leutnant Becker
Officer candidate ranks
OD-2 Oberfähnrich zur See = Passed Midshipman
OD-1 Fähnrich zur See = Midshipman Fähnrich Ludowski

Edit: added the names of the characters who have appeared so far.
The title of the story seems to be rather misleading.
Thank you.
You're welcome.

Cool, another chapter.
Indeed, a blunder not to recognise active scanning.
I presume active scanning will remain an important element in future technologies, and those will still include low power emissions.
Active scanning just gives better information than just passive scanning.
Active scanning can, as an example, give a distance, which is very difficult to obtain with just one passive observing point.
I cannot really imagine measuring distance otherwise, except if you have definite referencing parameters.
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Cool, another chapter
Thanks! Next one might take a bit longer.

I assumed that such a guidance technology would be to primitive for the Loroi to recognize at first. The sensors on that shuttle are mostly out of order as well.
Besides, we know very little about the capabilities of such a skiff. He have not seen one in the comic, yet, and we can only guess that the sensors on such a thing are less powerfull/capable than those on a full grown space ship, like Tempest.
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Krulle

Re: [Fan Fiction] Ruhige Gewässer

Post by Krulle »

Nah, I was just wondering why the Loroi did not recognise a scanning signal at first glance. (Radar)
Even on Loroi ships active scanners must be far better than passive scanners.
The disadvantage of active scanners is of course, that they give your presence away, likely your position too.

Also, limiting a hail to only the trade frequencies is a problem when you do not know where you are (whether any locals even use the standard frequencies of your dominion), you should hail on all frequencies in such cases!

But then the Marine shot because of a big blob which moves too slow to be a missile...

Errors on both sides.
I'm curious to find out how it'll continue.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Judging from the comic, I would say that trade band frequencies are some kind of universially recognized as standard hailing frequencies. The Orgus, Humans and even the Umiak have used them, so far. So I guessed that it was just standard procedure for the Loroi to use them. But will learn more in the next chapter.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

But the standard frequencies for hailing may be different due to different technological progress....
The Loroi and the Umiak seem to have a certain understanding of standard practices of the other dominion.
In the comic the Humans may have been informed by the Orgus what the standard frequencies of the Loroi and the Umiak are, respectively.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Well, I think we can assume that they will use some kind of common frequency. For example: Frank Drake used a frequency of 1420 Megaherz (a wavelenght of 21cm) as it was the same that neutral hydrogen is emitting, as he was searching for extra terrestial life in the 1960s. The trade frequencies could be based on a similar idea.

Edit: That might explain a few things: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_hole_(radio)
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

This part took a bit longer, as I combined two of the planed chapters togehter into one. I hope it will answer a few questions.

Edit: corrected some small misstakes
Edit 2: Forgot the titel... :oops:
-----------------------------------------

Chapter 6: Frequencies

The shoulder long, blond hair of Fähnrich Ludovskis ponytail was only partially coverd by her combat helmet and her enigmatic, yellow eyes, were a strong contrast to her pale skin and dark blue Marine uniform. Wearing an bulletproof west over it, she was checking her P8 (a type of pistol) sidearm. Something she hadn't done in a while and put it back in her holster again. She was stilly wondering, why the Kaleun had chosen her, to acompany Maat (Petty officer 2nd class) Geißler and his men from the boarding team. Meanwhile, the small inflatable dinghy with them aboard, was racing to the strange object they had shot down earlier and she tried to remember how it had come to this.

There had been a transmission, right before they fired on that thing, like she had never heard before, also it was send on a frequency that usually wasn't used for communication. At first, it sounded like a series of beeps, forming prime numbers, but afterwards an unknown, feminine voice sayed something, she didn't understand. Strangely, besides that she had not understood a word from it, she also didn't recognized the language. That was more than odd, as she spoke fluent German, English, Russian and understood at least a few words from over a douzend other languages, too. To say that languages were her "thing" was no understatement. Thats why she was sure, that she could at least tell from which country someone was from, by just listening to that person speaking.

However, this was different, like nothing else she had ever heard and somehow, she was sure, that it came from that UFO that just had crashed into the sea, less than 3 km away from their position. The Kaleun had already ordered to close in on it, as the Weapons Officer, Oberleutnant Müller, came to the bridge. Heinemann was observing the sea with his binoculars, looking for the pssible wreck and hadn't seen him entering.

"Herr Kaleun, we have shot it down. We know its position. Recommend firing on it again with one or two Exocet missiles (type of anti ship missile)."

The Oberleutnant announced this to the Kaleun, who just slowely put down his binoculars and turned around, with his eyes closed:

"Are you mad?"
"Herr Kaleun?"
"I asked if you are out of your mind, Herr Oberleutnant."
"What?"
"Do you think it is wise to shoot again on that unknown object, this time with an even bigger missile?"
"We still don't know what that is..."
"But we do know that it might be armed with some kind of nuclear weapon and we are much closer to it, than to that big thing from before."

Ludovski knew that the Oberleutnant and the Kaleun didn't like each other. It was an open secret aboard, that the ambitious Oberleutnant thought that Heinemann was just an obstacle on his way to a command of his own. To him, it would have been best to scrap the Kaleun togehter with this old boat at the end of the year. Heinemann, on the other hand, thought of Müller that he was nothing more than the personal pet of Admiral von Schneider, here to annoy him in every way possible.

To Ludovski, Müller was a dangerous psychopath that only appeard to be calm and always in control of himself on the outside. As far as she knew, he loved only two things in his life: his weapons and blond woman. The later had already lead to some very unpleasant situations between her and the Oberleutnant in the past. Once, he had even followed her in her free time, back to her home... 
Ever since then, she felt like she was his prey, but Hermelin was a small boat and there was no way to avoid him for a long time. But she knew that the Kaleun was just waiting for an opportunity to get rid of him and Müller knew that, too. Thats why she felt kind of safe, when Heinemann was around.

The discussion between the two senior officers went on and got louder. She knew that it was better to say something, anything, now, before it would get worse.

"Herr Kaleun? There is something you should know."
"What do you mean, Fähnrich?"
"We received a transmission just before we attacked that object. Somethinge very strange..."
"How strange was it?"
"At first it sounded like various beeps, forming the first prime numbers: 2, 3, 5 and 7."
"Prime numbers?"
"Yes. They repeated that part twice and afterwards, someone said something in an unknown language."
"Why didn't you report that earlier?"

The Oberleutnant suddenly asked in his calm, yet somehow agressive voice, while staring directly at her.

"I... wasn't sure what it was, Herr Oberleutnant..."

She could feel her face turning red as he had to admit her misstake.

"That is no excuse."
"I know... and I am sorry. But it wasn't even on a frequency we would use for communication. Because of the disturbances of that blast, I was scanning other wavelenghts as well."
"I understand, Fähnrich..."

The Kaleun had just said that and was interupted by one of the other crewmembers, who was searching for whatever the had shoot down. Telling them, that there was an unknown object ahead of them, about 2km away in the rough sea. Ludovski observed as both, Heinemann and Müller shared a pair of binoculars and looked at whatever they had shot down for quite some time. The Oberleutnant was the first who said something:

"Definitely not a missile."
"Indeed. But, green and white markings?"
"Looks more like something out of Star Wars to me."
"Lets just hope we are not the droids they are looking for."

Hermelin closed the distance to about 500m to get a better look at it. They could see now, that at least four inflatable bouyance bodys were attached to the strange vessel. It looked aerodynamic in shape, but nothing like a missile at all. Small wings grew out of its main body, it was about 30 meters long and something like a window could be seen on the front of it. Fähnrich Ludovski could only guess that those bouyance bodys were some kind of emergency measure to keep that craft afloat and not some balloons for flying. She felt happy as Müller left for his station again, a few moments later, and kept asking herself who had build that craft, as well as why it was here.

"Fähnrich Ludovski?"

The Kaleun asked her and got her absent mind back again. She had not heard a word of what Heinemann had said before.

"Yes, Herr Kaleun?"
"I would like you to acompany Geißler and his men. They should check if there are any survivors and you should try to talk with them."
"Me?"
"Is there a problem with that?"
"No, not at all."
"Good. Get ready and meet Geißler in 10 minutes and don't worry. You can do this."

That's was how she got aboard that little dinghy on its way to that strange craft. She looked around and saw the men, including Maat Geißler readying their MP5's. A moment later, Geißler was standing up.

"Prepare yourself. We will be there any moment now. Keep in mind: our own security comes first. Just do what we were trained for: get in, secure the vessel and then let our Fähnrich do her job."

She could see the craft getting bigger and bigger, as the dinghy came closer. Up close, it looked even stranger to her, than before. Some areas were painted in white and green. There were some unknown symbols on it, too. Meanwhile, Geißler and his men were looking for a possible way in and so the dinghy circled around the craft, a few times. On the back of it, they could see a burned area near something that looked like the nozzle of a jet or rocket engine. Most likely the part were their RAM had hit it. Otherwise, the craft, vessel or whatever it was, looked like it was in a surprisingly good condition to the Fähnrich. There were a few spots here and there, in which its hull looked corroded or parially molten. The windows in front had turned black, as well, so there was no way to see what was going on, inside of the vessel.

Then, Geißler announced that they had found, what they were looking for: a possible way in.
Last edited by Suederwind on Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Krulle

Re: [Fan Fiction] Ruhige See

Post by Krulle »

So, let's get in then.

Pity Oberleutnant Müller is not part of the boarding party.
I'd love to read what the Loroi do to him when he starts hitting on them...

Anyway, Fähnrich Ludovski will likely considered to be the boss, as the (dispensable) men are there to bring her to this ship, and she's there to do the talking. Plus, she's female, so another reason for the Loroi to consider her to be the most important person on Kaleun Heinemann's ship....

I wnder how fast the Loroi will find out who's really important...

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

Krulle wrote:So, let's get in then.

Anyway, Fähnrich Ludovski will likely considered to be the boss, as the (dispensable) men are there to bring her to this ship, and she's there to do the talking. Plus, she's female, so another reason for the Loroi to consider her to be the most important person on Kaleun Heinemann's ship....

Do not worry. I assume the loroi will not stay in their crashed shuttle so he will get his chance.

Absalom

Post by Absalom »

Krulle wrote:Cool, another chapter.
Indeed, a blunder not to recognise active scanning.
I presume active scanning will remain an important element in future technologies, and those will still include low power emissions.
Active scanning just gives better information than just passive scanning.
Active scanning can, as an example, give a distance, which is very difficult to obtain with just one passive observing point.
Not recognizing the active scanning was a bit odd certainly, but if the Listel only pays attention to current military hardware then it might not be too odd: the description makes it seem quite simple by even modern technological standards.

The missile is a bit larger of a deal (since it shot them down), but rather predictable since that guidance system would have been long-abandoned by the Loroi.
Krulle wrote:I cannot really imagine measuring distance otherwise, except if you have definite referencing parameters.
Devices with focusing capabilities apparently normally produce the highest signal strength when correctly focused: thus, high-speed focus oscillations can be used to obtain distance values in the presence of sufficient lighting (less useful for battle though, since you can just randomly or semi-randomly strobe some lights to confuse things).

Tamri

Post by Tamri »

Krulle wrote:So, let's get in then.

In principle, as this delegation was sent to the people after the meeting with Alex, then at least in pure theory that we have a man can be a senior officer, they are required to know. Conflict can build on that for this is purely theoretical knowledge)) are in the shuttle))
Suederwind wrote:
I have one question: People have about 50 years of flying in space, and the idea, even marine boat team needs without too much difficulty to identify the spaceship. But here everything is somehow speak exclusively in terms of UFOs. The question of how a ship has managed to survive the explosion of the antimatter of the reactor in an atmosphere which is located less than 200 kilometers away, I omit both the author's assumption, but in general, they should have at least not weak to make a shock wave and EMI, not to mention the other factors like gamma radiation, despite the fact that the annihilation explosion on the orders of even more powerful for fusion, not to mention nuclear weapons.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

I have one question: People have about 50 years of flying in space, and the idea, even marine boat team needs without too much difficulty to identify the spaceship. But here everything is somehow speak exclusively in terms of UFOs.
Like I wrote before: We have not seen such an atmospheric shuttle in the comic, yet. (If thats what you are refering to.) So we can only guess its rough shape by what we can read and see on the insider page about Loroi ships. Judging by that little image there, I would say, It does not look like a space shuttle from NASA. Nevertheless, they have identified it as a craft, vessel or something out of a Sci-Fi movie. They call it an UFO because thats what it is: an unidentified flying object (or swimming object, after its crash landing).

There will be more about the downsides of that blast in later chapters.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Tamri

Post by Tamri »

Suederwind wrote: There will be more about the downsides of that blast in later chapters.
If they aren't smashed by the first pulse, the more it threatens nothing special. Because antimatter (or Taimat), completely annihilated, don't leaving behind unreacted isotopes that provide long-term radioactive and chemical contamination of the area after the blast. In this sense, the most "dirty" - nuclear weapons.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Time for the next chapter. For the Loroi again.

Edit: corrected some minor errors and done a minor rewrite of some smaller parts of this chapter.

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 7: Bruises

Knockin, the neverending knocking. That must have been what finally woke Teidar Gladius up. She wasn't sure if it was just her head making those noises or somthing else. It took her a while to realize that she was no longer buckled up in her seat, but was lying on the floor instead, with her dark violett, almost black hair blocking her sight. At least she sensed her crewsisters around her, all of them unconscious, as it seemed. Next she tried to send a sanzai to them, powerfull enough to wake them up. But that damn noise prevented her from concentrating enough and she didn't want to punch a hole in the hull by accident.

While other Teidar, like Tempests chief of security Fireblade, had fancy psychic abilities, she had concentrated on more basic talents in her training: raw telekinetic force. She could punch holes in walls, lift heavy objects or push away multiple enemies at once, all with the power of her mind. Yes, others could melt the metal hull of an enemy hardtrooper or manipulate the electric charges of its implants, but she had always liked to keep things simple. For her, nothing worked better than a good old telekinetic punch to the head.

Then a sudden moment of relieve, as the noises suddenly had decided to stop for longer than a few solon. So she tried to stand up, but couldn't. Something was holding her down and after a few moments, she had relized that it was her seat. It must have fallen off the wall, it was mounted to, because of the crash and landed on top of her. Nothing easier to solve for her than this! Without those distracting noises, she could easily move it aside with her telekinetic powers and was finally able to stand up. Gladius still felt a bit shaky, as she stood on her feet again, but she managed to get her hair back in place, at last.

However, there wasn't much to see for her, as the lights in the passenger cabin must have failed or had been damaged. She knew that there was a backup system, but that only lit up the outlines of the ways to the cockpit and to the airlock. Also, the air inside the cabin smelled unhealthy like burned plastic and destroyed eletronics.

Her first thing to do in such a situation was to find out, if Antimony was well or not. According to her orders, the little Listels life had priority above all. So she had to make sure, that Antimony had survived and would not fall into enemy hands. The later meant, that she should prevent her from falling into the hands of the shells, but that was not the case. At least so far. Working her way to the cockpit door, she passed various unconscious crewsisters. Some of them were bleeding or had suffered other injuries, but she had no time to help them at the moment. All she could do was to send out a strong sanzai, as she had planed earlier:

"Sisters! Wake up! Help the injured and find out who attacked us."

From behind her, she could sense some of her sisters regaining consciousness again, after her telepathic shout. They seemed to have similar problems like she had, when she had came back to her senses and her replies to her were less than friendly, but none of them could move, yet. Finally she had reached the cockpit door and managed to open it far enough to get through, with a little telekinetic help. She could see Razor and Antimony in her seats. Except a few bruises, Razor looked unharmed. Her protege on the other side, looked like she had suffered much severe injuries. Blood was again running down her head and her left arm was in an odd angle compared to the rest of her body.
She gently touched the right shoulder of the red haired Listel and send her a message:

"Antimony, wake up."

After a moment, the Listel opend her eyes again and turned her head to look at her.

"...that is the second time... Is it not...?"
"Yes. Let us not make a habit out of it. Are you unharmed?"
"Just a few scratches and..."

Gladius could feel Antimonys pain, as she tried to move her left arm. It was more than clear to Gladius now, that it was broken.

"Hold still and do not move, I will try to find a Doranzer in..."

In the middle of her sanzai, an unknown noise from the cabin made her stop and turn around. Taking cover next to the cockpit door, she peeked inside the cabin. To her surprise, she could see light shining in from the outside. Someone must have opened the airlock.

None of her crewsisters was able to move yet and so it must have been someone from the outside. It was her turn now, to fight whoever tried to get inside their shuttle. Most likely the ones who had attacked them earlier. Gladius tried her best to remain hidden inside the cockpit for now, while trying to find out the identity of that intruder. Usually, in such a situation, she would just sense how many enemies there are and where they would be. To her annoyance, she sensed nothing, not even the slightest hint of the signature of those unknown intruders. So she had to rely on her other senses: her eyes and ears.
Last edited by Suederwind on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

A couple of spelling errors but good. Gladius have good reason to suspect humans outside if she have been briefed about the human lotai. That or robotic/remote controlled incursion.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Thanks! Will hunt for errors as soon as I can.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Next chapter, this one took a bit longer than usual.

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8: Bodies

A small hook was enough to secure the dinghy to the strange craft, drifting in the water. Maat Geißler had managed to find something that looked like a door and there even was a small eyelet next to it. Now all they needed was to find a way to open the door.

The door looked like a strange mixture of an aircraft door and something out of a submarine to him. A few strange looking symbols were painted on the door and to the sides of it. One of them looked like a lobster to him. He wondered what they would mean, but couldn't make any sense of them. Suddenly, one of his men, Matrose Schirmer, looked over its shoulder and stated:

"Hm... Looks Russian to me..."
"Not sure... Fähnrich Ludovski, could you take a look at whats written here?"
"Off course."

Geißler took a step back to let the Fähnrich get a better look at the symbols. By doing this, he was able to get a better look at the young Fähnrich. Even if womans were serving in the armed forces for some time now, it still felt strange to him having one aboard a Schnellboot and in his opinnion, having a woman aboard such a small vessel was always a source of potential trouble. However, he had to admit, that Ludovski was a rather cute troublemaker, even in her combat uniform. She then turned around and explained:

"I don't know what language that is, but I am sure that it's not Russian."
"So... Any suggestions what to do next?"
"Well, we could knock on the hull? Maybe someone is alive in there and is in need of help? Maybe, they can open the door for us from the inside?"
"Allright. Schirmer and Zenker, you do the knocking. The Fähnrich and I will try to open the door. Strehle and Haverkamp keep an eye on that vessel. Report if anything starts moving."

Two Matrosen took out their combat knifes and used the blunt end of it to knock on the hull of the foreign vessel. Then they waited a while, listend for an answer from the inside and repeated the procedure. Meanwhile, he and the Fähnrich inspected the door, trying to find a way to open it, but with no luck. They tried to press on those symboles, varios smaller different colored areas and searched for any possible mechanism to get the door open. He even tried to sliede his knife into the side of the door, but it was too tight for the blade to fit.

So it was Ludovski, who finally discovered something.

"Do you see this plate over here? The yellow one on the left side?"
"Yes. Whats so special about this one?"
"I think I can open it."
"Well, thats at least something. Lets give it a try."

Geißler watched as she was able to move the plate to the side. It revealed a white button with an unknown symbol on it and something that looked like a small lever. She looked at him an after a nod from the Maat, the Fähnrich pushed that button. But nothing happend, except that the color of it changed from white to a pulsating yellow.

"Seemes out of order to me."
"Yeah... That lever looks like some kind of mechanical override."
"Let's try it, then."
"Not so fast. Trupp (squad) assamble at the door. The Fähnrich will try to open the door and we will secure the vessel. Understood?"

Without any further words, the Trupp gathered at the door and took positions beside it, ready to enter whatever was on the other side.
Geißler looked at the Fähnrich and after another nod from him, she pulled the lever. Siletly, the door slided open and revealed a small vestibule with another door at the other end. Geißler, Strehle and the Fähnrich, entered the small room. He watched as she pointed to another white button. This time, it worked as she pressed it and the door slided open without a problem.

Darkness and some objects that looked like chairs or seats was all he could see at first. Strehle swichted on his flashlight and Ludovski did so, too. They let their beams run across the inside, to get a better look and what they saw surprised them.

"That looks like...bodies!"

Having said that, the young Fähnrich rushed inside.

"No, no, no! Come back!"

He shouted at her and a few moments later she indeed stoped and kneeled over one of these bodys.

"Don't worry. They are all unconscious. But their skin... its blue..."
"Wait, we come inside and..."

The next things happened way to quickly for him to react. He could see how Ludovski looked to the side and the expression on her cute face changed. First into surprise and then into fear. For the blick of an eye she looked back at him and her lips started to move, as if she wanted to say something. Warn him about something. Then, suddenly an mighty, unknown force threw her out of his sight. He could hear her scream in pain and a split second later, he could hear the impact of her body against something solid. Her scream ceased at once.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

Ouch!

So far for my theory that Ludovski would be a help in getting the trust of the Loroi...

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Time for something new, hope you like it. Had to splitt the last Loroi chapter into two parts, as it would have been too long. Thats why this part is so short. Again, I am sorry for every spelling error I might have made.

Edit: corrected some minor misstakes

------------------------------------------
Chapter 9: Trigger

It had been almost too easy. This enemy was apparently clueless who she was dealing with or maybe it was just an android or cyborg of some kind. It had moved to one of her unconscious crewsisters and was looking down at her. She could see something like a weapon on her side, fixed to a holster, as it seemed. Some kind of crude armor covered its upper body, a strange looking helmet was on its head and it was about as tall, as her little protege, back in the cockpit.
To her disappointment, it started to speak, in a strange, unfamiliar language, with another enemy, that was not in the cabin, yet:

"Wie es aussieht, sind die alle bewusstlos. Aber... Ihre Haut... Sie ist blau...?"
"Warten sie, wir kommen nach und..."

(The dialog between the humans is in German)

A perfect target for Teidar Gladius and she hated spoken words, too. It hadn't even noticed her. Just a little concentration and it would be gone. In the same moment, she unleashed her telekinetic powers, it turned its head in her direction. Hearing it scream, after she had hit it, she looked after it, as it vanished into the darkness of the cabin. She could hear the other enemy yell something she could not understand and then it moved into the cabin, holding some kind of weapon in its hands.

As soon as it came into her view, she unleashed her telekinetic powers again, slamming it against the wall, next to the airlock. She could sense quite a few frightened sansai from her crewsisters, but there was no time to answer them. She had to neutralize the enemy and stop their attack first. Questions could be asked later. Again, she could hear them speaking. Apparently there were more of them outside. If so, they would be in for a nasty surprise. She reached down her side and her small blaster pistol was still in her holster. Yes, a lot of her cast didn't usually carry weapons with them, but she thought that more firepower was always better. Not that she needed it, she just felt better knowing it was there.

The unknown voices spoke again, this time louder and so she could hear them better. She noticed, much to her surprise, that the voice of that unknown speaking enemy was much deeper than that of the first one. It sounded more like a Barsam, than a Loroi and she thought for a brief moment that it could even be an angry male of her own species.

"Sie sind umstellt! Legen sie ihre Waffen nieder und ergeben sie sich!"

So she took her weapon out of her holster, switched it to the highest setting, aimed at the sides of the door, where those voices came from and was ready to pull the trigger. 
As suddenly, she could hear somthing from much closer. It was the enemy, that she had just carelessly thrown against the next wall. Somehow it was still alive. Looking at her. Holding some king of ring in his hand. Grinning.
The last thing she noticed, was something rolling against her left foot, that looked like a cylinder with some kind of strange handle on it.

Then her world exploded into a bright white light and a loud bang.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Wow, chapter 10 already! :shock: Hope you like it.

Edit: some minor corrections
------------------------------

Chaper 10: Blue

Maat Geißler had no clue, why that damn idiot Strehle went after the Fähnrich and rushed into the room behind that second door. Maybe some kind of missunderstood chivalery? Or was there more between the two, than he knew?
Anyway, he had told him and the others of his team to stay back. First Ludovski and now one of his own man didn't follow his orders. The Kaleun won't be amused by this, he was sure about that.

He looked back, as the others rushed to his aid, but he gave them a sign with his hand to stay behind him. Matrose Zenker then asked quietly:

"What happened? Were is Ludovski and Strehle?"
"Someone or somthing is inside and attacked them. I couldn't see it."
"What shall we do?"
"Get ready to secure the craft and save our crewmates."

Geißler then raised his voice, so that it could be heard inside the craft:

"You are surrounded. Lay down your weapons and surrender!"

Having said this, he asked himself, if whoever was inside would even understood him, as there was no answer. But then the whole situation suddenly got worse in an instance. The characteristic loud bang and flash of bright light from a flashbang could be heard and seen. The Maat had not thrown it or ordered someone else to do so, but that was an oppertunity they could not miss. So he gave the order to rush into the room, weapons ready and flashlights switched on. It was now or never.

Zenker and himself securing the right side and the other two went to the left. The first thing he noticed was that smell, like burned plastic, then he noticed the bodys laying on the floor or buckled into something like aircraft seat. All looked like they could hardly move, except the one he was facing now. It was obviously a woman, standing in front of a doorway to the front of the craft and wearing some kind of strange armor, that looked like it was made of some kind of plastic. It was of a yellowish color, with some dark green attachments, as well as small dark blue patches. She also was wearing something like a circlet on her head and had long, dark violett hair. Like Ludovski had said before, the skin of her and all the others was blue. It was not clear to him, why it was blue. Maybe they had trouble breathing or were lacking enough oxygen.

However, there were other, possibly dangerous things he noted. On the plus side, she was covering her eyes with her right hand and looked disoriented, as she stumbled around in the room. On the down side, her right hand was holding something that looked an awefull lot like a pistol. Not a type he was familiar with, but a threat he had to take care of nevertheless.

"Lay down your weapon!"

He yelled at her, while he and Zenker aimed their weapons at the strange looking woman. Her next movements were not that of a civilian, he could say that for sure. She must have been trained for such situations, as she almost instantly pointed her weapon in his direction. What followed next was an reflex, trained by many years of pratice: he aimed at her torso, pulled the trigger of his MP5 and send a burst of three rounds of 9mm ammunition on their way.

As she was falling down on her back, he could see her ears for the first time. They didn't look human at all, more like something out of a movie. Zenker spoke out his thoughts:

"Elves? With blue skin?!"
"Thank you Captain obvious. Now check if she is still alive. Haverkamp, report."
"Herr Maat, we have found Strehle and Ludovski. They are still alive.

Haverkamps answer was a relive to him, he would check them later when everything was secured. Zenker then bowed down to check the vital signs of the blue elve woman, as a sudden movement made Geißler look to that door again.

There she stood, another one of those unknown blue skinned elve woman. Her long, ginger hair was a strong contrast to her pale blue skin and blue eyes, she was smaller than the elve on the floor, too. The armor she was wearing, was also made of some kind of plastic, but different in shape and color. She leaned on the side of the door and the look on her face revealed to him, that she was in pain. He could see some kind of dark blue fluid running down the side of her face and the way she was holding her left arm showed him, that it was injured. Nevertheless, in a strange way, she looked beautifull to him and for a moment, he could just stare at her. Maybe it was some kind of age old instinct that almost drove him to help and comfort her, but his mind told him otherwise. Regardless how helpless she looked, he know, that she could be a threat to them. 

She stared back at him for a while, too. Obviously baffled by their appearance. To his surprise, she suddenly started to talk to him, in English. Although she spoke with a strange accent that made her somehow sound like someone from France and her words were a bit gibberish first, he could understand her easily.

"Do not shoot. We come in peace."
Last edited by Suederwind on Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]