Page 112

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Grayhome

Page 112

Post by Grayhome »

dragoongfa

Re: Page 112

Post by dragoongfa »

I wonder what Talon said sent for the facepalm.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

I think Talon is my new favourite :)

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Why does the same ship have both enclosed and non-enclosed lifts? o.o
Don't delay, join today!

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Carl Miller wrote:Why does the same ship have both enclosed and non-enclosed lifts? o.o
It's not a lift, it's an airlock.

Chekist_Felix

Post by Chekist_Felix »

dragoongfa wrote:I wonder what Talon said sent for the facepalm.
Hm, i think she (Tempo) just probably tired. Or thought something like: "FML..."
My literacy is cringe-fest... Apologies for what you're about to read.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

BWAHAHAHA!!! That's HIGH-larious.. and terribly cute!

Hmm.. how to explain the human psyche...? I think Alex was attempting to be what we might consider humble. A totally unnecessary and to an alien extremely confusing social politeness we humans feel compelled to be when were trying to make a 'good' impression and not make assumptions on our hosts. Its hard to put to words... the 'fear' of being impolite makes us sometimes do and say silly things when we step back and analyze them.

Haha.. its funny when we look at our over-sensitivity to politeness, from a pragmatic alien point of view! :)

Its interesting Tallon's expression is one of amusement by my reckoning. Is she thinking he's flirting with her subtly? How would a human male explain the reasons for self-conscious shyness with a pretty woman stranger to a Loroi? I expect not at all considering to the Loroi they effectively where their mental emotions for all Loroi to see. The idea of social 'awkwardness' must be a very alien concept to them! :)

Very Amusing!
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

I doubt she thinks he's flirting with her (though he should be :D).

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

The question ifs if Talon is rude to Alex or if she is just teasing him. :mrgreen:

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

Possibly she is flirting with him.
As member of the strong gender she sets his position back, thus allowing her to "get access" to him in a socially acceptable manner.

After this small interchange he has lost enough face to not be considered equal to the captain anymore, so the lower ranks can get access to this strange male.

I wonder what happens if this shuttle comes to Seren and the Doranzers find out some women are pregnant?

That would make some interesting research, and the ambassador may have made a very bad impression....
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sweforce wrote:The question ifs if Talon is rude to Alex or if she is just teasing him. :mrgreen:
fredgiblet wrote:I doubt she thinks he's flirting with her (though he should be :D).
Oh it is clear to me Tallon is indeed 'teasing' him.. and likely flirting as well.

Think about it... when a human male flirts with a human woman.. he generally tries to engage her in conversation and often more than not tries first to make her laugh.

Now reverse that, what did Tallon say first? "Are you trying to be humorous?" She might very well think Alex is flirting with her... so what did she do..? Tease him in return.

I'm no Xeno-psychologist... so I could be way off but the Loroi are similar enough to humaniti... at least culturally enough that clearly.. they enjoy intimate 'encounters' with the opposite gender as much as humaniti does.. so its not so much of a stretch to conjecture their attraction to the opposite gender is just as prevalent.

Captain Kirk was not the only person onboard the Enterprise that found the Green-skinned Orion women irresistible! :)
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

First things first: Nice page! :)

I wonder why Tempo is doing her facepalm. Because of Beryl falling asleep or Talon sending something about Alex?
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Suederwind wrote:First things first: Nice page! :)

I wonder why Tempo is doing her facepalm. Because of Beryl falling asleep or Talon sending something about Alex?
Tempo Sanzai - {The Ambassador, Captain Jardin, is coming forward to see the navigational charts... please Try to contain yourself Tallon.. this is sensitive and we are not yet on Denier shore-leave~ 'sub-emotional tone weary of Tallon's reputation of lecherous promiscuous' }

Tallon Sanzai - {I make not promises Mizol... it has been some time you know.. I'll try to refrain from ravishing him on the control console~ 'sub-emotional tone sarcasm'}

Tempo - {Facepalm!}
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

raistlin34

Post by raistlin34 »

sunphoenix wrote:

Tempo Sanzai - {The Ambassador, Captain Jardin, is coming forward to see the navigational charts... please Try to contain yourself Tallon.. this is sensitive and we are not yet on Denier shore-leave~ 'sub-emotional tone weary of Tallon's reputation of lecherous promiscuous' }

Tallon Sanzai - {I make not promises Mizol... it has been some time you know.. I'll try to refrain from ravishing him on the control console~ 'sub-emotional tone sarcasm'}

Tempo - {Facepalm!}
:lol: :lol: headcanon accepted

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I gotta say, unlike her previous glare, her expression this time around does seem an awful lot like a smile. If she finds the human amusing or interesting, rather than as a certain threat, it isn't hard to imagine why she ended up piloting the shuttle in the first place.

And on the other hand, if her comment about seeing him before his first remembered meeting means what I think it means, then she might have some solid reasoning for not thinking he is a spy. If she really was part of the teams recovering "artifacts," from the Bellarmine, then she'd have first hand experience with just how authentic the damage really was.

As for what Tempo is thinking, maybe it is colors of, "When we reach our destination, we're so doomed. What a political nightmare," or maybe, "There's no way an Umiak spy could possibly be this clueless."

Or perhaps being tactful and polite is truly a taxing and difficult effort for Tempo.

Twinkee

Post by Twinkee »

How Talon speaks here reminds me of my Ukrainian neighbours. Assigning accents to their speech is a new level I hadn't experienced from Outsider before. Thank you Arioch.
I think I'll go reread Outsider to see if Citizen Commissioner Tempo fits better than Darth Stillstorm.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Twinkee wrote:I think I'll go reread Outsider to see if Citizen Commissioner Tempo fits better than Darth Stillstorm.
HEY NOW! Stillstorm is NOT a bad person! She is just Extremely dedicated to fulfilling her duty to protect the Loroi peoples,... AT ANY COST! She has been trained... 'If in Doubt~ Kill!'

It is a somewhat narrow minded and dogmatic directive... but it does keep the Loroi safe from continuous overwhelming unprovoked-'mostly' Umiak aggression. That does not disqualify Stillstorm as a hero in her own right! I can't fault her as likely in similar situations humans would act no differently.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

E=M.C^2

Post by E=M.C^2 »

raistlin34 wrote:
sunphoenix wrote:

Tempo - {Facepalm!}
:lol: :lol: headcanon accepted
I concur, provided there is an input locking mechanism on the said console (or they may not reach destination in due time). That said, in my time we had other kind of reasons to get alone with someone of the other gender, such as a collection of Japanese woodprints of the Floating world… Stellar maps are certainly not so entertaining.

Regarding Tempo, maybe she is just in the same state than Beryl and is refraining. As she said, the last days has been quite demanding : several battles, a lot of losses, pink aliens encounter of the catastrophic kind (1 alive), frontal opposition with Stillstorm, and fast tactical retreat. As soon as Jardin is off the room she may just fall too.

Poor Jardin, a fail of galactic proportion…

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

So, it is Talon who fished up Alex from space.

thicket

Post by thicket »

I don't think Tempo is doing a "facepalm". Seems to be more exhaustion and/or worry that war is going badly?