[Fan Fiction]Calm Seas

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Suederwind

Re: [Fan Fiction]Calm Seas

Post by Suederwind »

So, time for the next chapter.

Edit: Its smaller than I had thought at first, corrected a few things.
-------------------------

Chapter 13: Feelings

Waiting, that was what he hated most in his life. Watching how time passed by, unable to do anything usefull, to be more precise. He always tried to do at least something, regardless of how stupid it might have been, like counting the number of clouds on the horizon. 42. And he had checked that number three times by now, since Geißler and the others left. So Kaleun Heinemann looked on his watch and, out of bad habit, started speaking to himself.

"An hour... Sixty minutes... Whats going on over there?"

He nervously started tapping on the rails in fron of him, while observed the unknown craft with his binoculars. There had been no contact with the boarding party since they left, but he was sure he had heard gun shoots a while ago. Maybe that mad Oberleutnant had been right? He kept wondering. Maybe shooting it first and letting someone else taking care of the rest would have been a better idea.

After another five minutes of waiting he had enough. Heinemann pushed the button of the intercom and spoke to Kessler, the boats helmsman. He was aware that everyone on board could hear him, too.

"Kaleun speaking. Get us closer, about 250m. And Müller, get that big gun of yours pointed at that thing, but do not shoot without orders. Is that clear?"

Pleased, he observed as Hermelins gun turret started to turn in the direction of that unknown craft and he feelt the vibrations, as the ships engines briefly came back to life.
He then looked over his shoulder, to one of the Matrosen manning the machinegun there. 

"Keep your eyes peeled. Report if something starts moving."
"Aye-aye, Herr Kaleun!"

Still, his nervousness didn' t got any better and he asked himself what was wrong with him. This was not his usual self. 
After long moments of think about it, he had to admit to himself, that he was worried for the Fähnrich. For Tamara.

He knew that Geißler and his men were experts. Heinemann had no doubt that they would be alive no matter what was in that thing and would come back with an amazing story. But Ludovski was different. She was inexperienced, fragile and fresh from the academy, so why on earth had he send her with Geisslers men? And why did he feel guilty for doing so? Sure, she was kind of cute, but he never had any feelings for her, except now. It wasn't love or affection he was feeling, more like the feelings a father would have for his daughter. He looked after her since she was abord and he hoped that Admiral von Schneider would not punish her for his faults of the past.

Duty on a Schnellboot was considered rough and Heinemann knew that if something would happen to her, his short career would become even shorter. Thats why she had her own shower and didn't had to share her bunk with anyone else.

It was the voice of the Matrose in his rear, that got him out of his thoughts again.

"Herr Kaleun, there is movement on the craft..."

Heinemann immediatelly pointet his binoculars on the UFO again and he could see Geissler looking out of the door they had entered. He looked behind him for a moment and he could see his lipps moving, as if he was talking to someone he could not see. After turning his head again to hermelin, he activated his radio. Ludovskis replacement at communications was clever enough to pass the message right through the Kaleun.

"Geißler to Hermelin. Can you hear me?"
"Yes, loud and clear. Heinemann speaking. Whats going on over there?"
"Well... Thats kind of hard to explain. Let's just say that we have found some... visitors... inside."
"Visitors? Like Tourists? That thing doesn't look like a cruise liner to me..."
"Herr Kaleun, thats really... not easy to explain... and I assume the whole situation is way above my rank anyway."
"What do you mean?"
"I would suggest you come over here and see for yourself."
Last edited by Suederwind on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

@JQBogus:
SpoilerShow
Yes, they had a bad jump and they are not were they supposed to be. Yes, the German Military is running on a tight budegt, but even I can't imagine that they would keep a boat like the Hermelin in active duty for almost 180 years.
There is indeed something strange going on, but what exactly is something that will be adressed later in the story, aka Spoilers! :)
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

Hypertimejumping? Quite the achievement, even if by accident.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

Time jump?
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

"Libera Te Tutamet Ex Inferis!"

...but certainly hell is not Germany? They should feel very VERY lucky, they could have jumped and arrived... nowhere or somewhere much MUCH worse! :) Love the story!
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Absalom

Post by Absalom »

sunphoenix wrote:"Libera Te Tutamet Ex Inferis!"

...but certainly hell is not Germany? They should feel very VERY lucky, they could have jumped and arrived... nowhere or somewhere much MUCH worse! :) Love the story!
They promptly get drafted, and the Admiral doesn't like them any more than Heinemann: Hell may not be Germany, but it can be any post where your superiors have it out for you :P .

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Thanks! They are indeed very, very lucky. You will find out later, why.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

What's next? We find out the origin of Walküres in Norse mythology? :P

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

GeoModder wrote:What's next? We find out the origin of Walküres in Norse mythology? :P
That was, indeed, my first idea for a fanfic. 8-)

Edit: Working on the next part, but need to finish something else first.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Didn't have much time this week, so this part is a bit late. Hope you enjoy it, anyway.

Chapter 14: Lotai

Surprise was the best way to describe, what Mizol Lightning and the other crewsisters felt, as they realized what had happened. It confused her and the others, that they could not sense those unknown Aliens, till she remembered what Tempo had told her:

"You will not sense them. Their lotai is perfect."

She had thought of it as some kind of joke. No species was able to totaly mask their signature . This was unheard of. Yes, there were some species with a high degree of resistance against their telepathy and some highly trained Mizol cast members were able to hide themselfs and their signatures. However, the later was something that required a lot of training, concentration and was exhausting over long periods of time. These aliens on the other side seemed not even aware of this ability. Even without Antimonys explanations, she knew that there was only one species that would fit those charateristics: humaniti.

Equally surprising to here was, that most of them appeared to be males. She had read the information from Tempo carefully, to prepare herself for that mission, but seeing them in the flash was something very different. Their voices were lower than that of a typical Loroi male and they seemed much more muscular and taller, too. But that was not the most surprising thing to her. She knew about the physical simillarities, but when the human that was called "Maat" looked in her direction, as she came closer, she noticed something odd: there was hair around his mouth. Something very odd and ugly, she had to admit to herself. So there were differences between them, she thought for a moment and then she noticed the unknown female standing beside that male, talking to Antimony. A second male stood beside that female and was holding her arm, giving her some support while she was standing. It seemed that she was injured.

Again, she had read the reports about the other bodies they salvaged from that unknown vessel. But seeing a female of humaniti alive, again, was something very different. From what she could see in the darkness of the cabin, the human female appeared almost like a Loroi, except the color of her skin and those strange round ears. Her skin looked very pale, her eyes had a strange yellowish color and her hair looked kind of golden, when the light of the flashlights reached it.

She decided that she had observed enough, it was time to step in and take over this conversation from Antimon.

"...will that be a problem?"

It was a good thing, that the Listel was able to understand what the human female said and translate it for her. The language called "English" by the human ambassador still sounded like gibberish to her. She hoped that Antimony would not need to translate what she had to say, too.

The human called "Maat" became more and more nervous, the closer she got to them. By sanzai, she was tolled what happened so far by Antimon and Gladius. So it was time to introduce herself.

"I am sorry, that I could not participate... in this discussion sooner. My name is Mizol Lennai Daza... My spoken name means lightning... I am the diplomatic officer of this mission."

She had to take a few brief moments to think about what to say and how to say it, in that awkward language of humaniti.
The two humans looked at each other for a moment and spoke in an unknown language, that Antimony refered to as "Deutsch" and was unable to translate it. It sounded much harder and less gentle than the "English" she tried to speak. She just hoped that they would understand her. After a few moments, the human female adressed her.

"I am happy to get to meet you. My name is Fähnrich Tamara Ludovski, but you can call me Tamara or Fähnrich Ludovski. Fähnrich is my rank and Ludovski is the name of my family. Tamara is my personal name."

In a strange gesture, the human hold her open right hand in front of her, as if she was offering something. Puzzled, Lightning looked back at her.

"Uhm... Oh... Yes..."

The human suddenly stuttered. She then added:

"I... had forgotten... Antimony already told me, that you don't like to touch others. This is... a gesture of good will and peacefull intentions. I meant no offense."
"And no offense was taken, Fähnrich Ludovski... Does Fähnrich mean you are also a diplomatic officer?"
"No, I am not a diplomatic officer. I am responsible for communications aboard our ship."
"Your ship?"
"Yes... Its not far from here... we were just discussing, that our commanding officer would like to meet you as well."
"I understand..."

Lightning crossed her arms in front of her, something she always did, when she had to think about something. If they had a ship nearby, then maybe they could bring them back home. Anyway, their mission was not a failure, as she first had thought.

She then added:
"I would like to meet him... too."
"Thats good to know. I will inform him about it."

Somehow their discussion was cut short, as one of the other humans in back of the cabin, that she hadn't noticed because of the darkness, yelled something.

"Maat Geißler, hier dringt Wasser ein!"

Last edited by Suederwind on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

Hehe, those Loroi and Mizol Lightning will be displeased when they find out "ship" means marine ship, and not spaceship...

I'm already looking forward to the next chapter.
But if you're busy with this great weather, I can wat.
Have fun!

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Krulle wrote:Hehe, those Loroi and Mizol Lightning will be displeased when they find out "ship" means marine ship, and not spaceship...
Might consider this a spoiler, but there is fun up ahead. ;)
Krulle wrote:I'm already looking forward to the next chapter.
But if you're busy with this great weather, I can wat.
Have fun!
Thanks! But saddly that has nothing to do with the good weather. Just a lot of other things to do. :|
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Nice update! The Loori may not appreciate the fact they are not meeting a spaceship.. but with the Loroi nautical heritage .. they will likely enjoy the 'novelty' of a marine vessel! :)
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Zakharra

Post by Zakharra »

This will be interesting. Oh! Just wait until she meets her first cat!

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Thanks! :) I don't want to spoil the next chapters, but there are some interessting things going to happen.
Just one thing: saddly Hermelin does not have a cat aboard. :( But I like the idea of one of the Loroi meeting one. ;)
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

On their way to "Neuwerk" or Hamburg directly, they surely will have plenty of time to find one for the blue Damsels-in-Distress....

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

Suederwind wrote:Just one thing: saddly Hermelin does not have a cat aboard. :( But I like the idea of one of the Loroi meeting one. ;)
No cat? Oh well, at least the Loroi will have a meet&greet with a rat then. :o

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Well, I assume that Hermelin is a bit small for a cat. Its just 57,6m short. Those Gepard-class fast attack crafts really are tiny, so there is not enough space aboard for Hermelins version of Unsikable Sam.
But fear not, there might be possibilities in the future. ;)
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Zakharra

Post by Zakharra »

At the very least there should be some in port.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Just want to let you know, that Chapter 15 is in the works, it just takes a little bit longer than usual.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]