Outsider Patreon Page

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

fredgiblet

Re: Outsider Patreon Page

Post by fredgiblet »

With any luck if you can get a run of pages out you'll be able to get a larger following to build up.

Tamri

Post by Tamri »

In the meantime, we finally crossed the threshold of 500 dollars)

pinheadh78

Post by pinheadh78 »

Checked the Patreon and its at $564 so we're only $36 away from the $600 mark. If only 18 people change their donation from $1 to $2 we'll be at $600. We can do this, just a little bit more to go!

Long live Outsider! Long live Arioch! For as long as Arioch is active in the forums the comic and the Patreon stands the comic shall live on!

btw; Totally get that real-life needs to come first; we're a patient bunch and have been here through it all; I plan to maintain my Patreon and check back regularly for the foreseeable future.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

And with Patreon active, you'll have a reminder. Whenever money gets deducted from your account, check the site.
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

cacambo43

Post by cacambo43 »

I'm just slightly confused... was the understanding that Aricoh would only regularly produce pages if we hit 600? I thought that with over 500 he could still produce them, just a bit less often than a week, obviously with the lower the number, the less frequent. Not using a formula or anything, but just as a practical matter (he'd have more "other" work to do to make money). Is 600 a "magic" number we want to reach to kickstart the process? And, yes, I understand the other obligations are still there and might take precedence.

CJSF

Tamri

Post by Tamri »

cacambo43 wrote:I'm just slightly confused... was the understanding that Aricoh would only regularly produce pages if we hit 600? I thought that with over 500 he could still produce them, just a bit less often than a week, obviously with the lower the number, the less frequent. Not using a formula or anything, but just as a practical matter (he'd have more "other" work to do to make money). Is 600 a "magic" number we want to reach to kickstart the process? And, yes, I understand the other obligations are still there and might take precedence.

CJSF
Well, the description said: "If this level of funding can be reached, then the amount of my time it takes to create a page is essentially paid for. So there can be no excuse for not getting pages done."

What can I interpret as "Upon reaching this level will try to produce pages on a regular basis, rather than as it will." "Regularly" - is likely to "once a month", as before. "Once a week" is like already to the next level ... for whom we probably just never get :D

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Outsider pages take up to 20 hours of work apiece, and so $600 is the number at which the pay rate per hour equals that of other paid artwork. I'm not waiting for it to hit that mark, and it's not an excuse not to produce pages, I've just been spectacularly unproductive over the last two months.

Working to fix that. I'm very excited and grateful that it has reached the point where I could live off making comics if I had to. It's an incredible thing.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Hi Arioch! I'm sorry... I have not become a patron before now... the long and short of it is .. I'm just poor. lol. But I've decided...in fact long ago.. I'm committed to Outsider.. and I really DO love your art and story. And it just struck me today...how sad I would be without Outsider because pondering the story and art does indeed make me happy. Men don't always know when their happy ... but today it dawned on me how empty my wealth of imagination and wonder would be without your art and storytelling. {Shrug}.. I don't know how to really put it in words.. but something today 'clicked' and I decided it was time to patron a web-comic.. undoubtedly my favorite!

Thank you for all your efforts and constant commitment and personal dialogue with all of us your fans! I hope to improve my donation from the $2/page to $5/page hopefully in the future!

Outsider Forever!

Oh..by the way.. your Patron page Male Loroi Avatar... hubba-hubba..! The Loroi males are also heart-throbs...! :)
Last edited by sunphoenix on Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Durabys

Post by Durabys »

Ladies and gentlemen!
I just outsourced Arioch's Patreon finance problems to SpaceBattles!

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... on.396774/

Hopefully it will get him over the $600 (first) stretch goal and we get juicy comic story picture bits. :D
Si vis pacem, para bellum. - If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Durabys

Post by Durabys »

MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

VICTORY IS MINE ALONE!!! :twisted:
And yours Arioch..for making such a good story worth people's money.

You can thank me later, Arioch. I am now going to smoke this nice victory cigar first. 8-) *does a salute and walks off into the unset*
Last edited by Durabys on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

I just hope Arioch accounted for the fees Patreon and the like take, for transferring the money from one account to the other when he set the goal of 600.
Not everyone actually pays the full committed amount (due to patreon total monthly limits, or because the money cannot be collected by Patreon).
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

Patreon has changed its pledge display to account for most of that stuff.

EDIT: Also this means that people can now bitch to Arioch about the schedule :twisted:

Eluvatar

Post by Eluvatar »

Consider this post to be me bitching about the schedule. :ugeek:

Chekist_Felix

Post by Chekist_Felix »

Durabys wrote:Ladies and gentlemen!

Hopefully it will get him over the $600 (first) stretch goal and we get juicy comic story picture bits. :D
This is... genius!
My literacy is cringe-fest... Apologies for what you're about to read.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Wow! Finally some good news today! 8-)
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Durabys

Post by Durabys »

Chekist_Felix wrote:
Durabys wrote:Ladies and gentlemen!

This is... genius!
This morning it was $40 below the First Stretch Goal. In two hours it got more money then in the last two months!

..and they said explosions and biggatons don't work!!! :evil:

I PROVED THEM WRONG! I PROVED THEM ALL WRONG! :twisted:

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

And someone just cut back their pledge and it is at 595$

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

The $40 was a single pledge. I'd be surprised if it stayed that large for long. Also, most contributors put a monthly cap on their pledges, so only the first page each month earns the full pledged amount, and each subsequent page in the same month earns progressively less.

The pledges come and go and the number rises and falls, but the encouraging thing is that it's still moving in a positive direction, even though I haven't updated recently. I'm very pleased with and grateful for how the Patreon has performed.

Durabys

Post by Durabys »

Arioch wrote:The $40 was a single pledge. I'd be surprised if it stayed that large for long. Also, most contributors put a monthly cap on their pledges, so only the first page each month earns the full pledged amount, and each subsequent page in the same month earns progressively less.

The pledges come and go and the number rises and falls, but the encouraging thing is that it's still moving in a positive direction, even though I haven't updated recently. I'm very pleased with and grateful for how the Patreon has performed.
Do you think you will ever get to a 'page every two days' speed? :(

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

Durabys wrote:
Arioch wrote:The $40 was a single pledge. I'd be surprised if it stayed that large for long. Also, most contributors put a monthly cap on their pledges, so only the first page each month earns the full pledged amount, and each subsequent page in the same month earns progressively less.

Do you think you will ever get to a 'page every two days' speed? :(
I hope not. At that speed quality would drop.