OUTSIDER complaints

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Karst45

Re: OUTSIDER complaints

Post by Karst45 »

Arioch wrote:I can see how people might think that the project has been abandoned when there's no news posted on the website for months on end. I suppose I need to figure out a way to deal with this, but it's difficult for me to post news when there's no news to post. I feel like an idiot posting "nothing this week either" over and over again.
Well you in no obligation to post thing only related to Outsider, Post thing you are doing art-wise, you are currently working on another project, star in the shadow.

Quazel

Post by Quazel »

I have a complaint. I didn't get any Taco's last Tuesday! You guys ate them all!
KIKITIK-27-TIKHAK-TIKKUKIT 2020!

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

I want to state for the record that I didn't eat any tacos last Thursday.

ShadowDragon8685

Post by ShadowDragon8685 »

Arioch wrote:I want to state for the record that I didn't eat any tacos last Thursday.
Nor did I, and I'll provide the log:

For breakfast, I had muesli and coffee-flavored greek yogurt;
Lunch was mixed fruit, grilled chicken, and Florentine chicken soup;
Dinner was a slab of breaded parmesan chicken and a tiny bit of leftover lasagna.
No snacks.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

That still does not refute Quazel's allegation of us having eaten all the tacos on tuesday...

Tacos are kinda hard to get here.
Also, I prefer Döner Kebab/Gyros/Shawarma....

[offtopic]Did this discussion get derailed so quickly by one random comment?
Nice.[/offtopic]
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Codius_Dak

Post by Codius_Dak »

FINE I confess!!! Tuesday I went and had all you can eat tacos for 4.99 in Claremore, ok..... Sorry guys the were just so good. I ate them all.
Hope is renewed by the brilliant dawn.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

I think, in that case, you belong in another thread altogether.
Try here: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/vie ... ?f=4&t=867 as our resident black hole

I'm joking of course.
But for 5 bucks an all-you-can-eat?
yikes. I do NOT want to know what the filled the tacos with...
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Krulle wrote: But for 5 bucks an all-you-can-eat?
yikes. I do NOT want to know what the filled the tacos with...
In the town I live in, there was a Döner Kebab snack bar that sold those things for 1,50€ each. I always wondered what kind of meat they used and why it closed so suddenly... :?
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

You don't want to know what that meat was.
Fresh rat meat was the best case scenario.

thicket

Post by thicket »

Codius_Dak

Post by Codius_Dak »

In defense of the tacos they are amazing. And it is all quality ingredients. Their tacos are by far the best I have eaten anywhere other than at home. So if your ever in Claremore, Oklahoma on a Tuesday El Banquet is awesome. I promise you I have not gotten sick yet.
Hope is renewed by the brilliant dawn.

Absalom

Post by Absalom »

Codius_Dak wrote:In defense of the tacos they are amazing. And it is all quality ingredients. Their tacos are by far the best I have eaten anywhere other than at home. So if your ever in Claremore, Oklahoma on a Tuesday El Banquet is awesome. I promise you I have not gotten sick yet.
So if we live in the Tulsa area or go Cain's Ballroom a lot, got it. I'll pass then.

pinheadh78

Post by pinheadh78 »

Thank you for the update on the home page Arioch. Its October, any chance of a classy cheese cake or pinup? If you have time and opportunity of course :D

Btw, I like Taco Bell (Taco Hell!) for their Nacho Cheeze Steak Gordita's. Totally terrible for my health and gods only know whats in it but damn if it isn't tasty after a long day at the office.

As long as we're off topic, have you guys considered using a proper fan-fiction service for these stories like 'Archive of our Own' or 'Fanfiction.net' ? There are e-reader apps for computers, tablets, and phones and both services have good comments sections, editing tools, metrics tracking etc. I'd really like to read some of the Fanfiction on here but its difficult to-do so on my mobile or tablet. The services are free and easy to setup.

ShadowDragon8685

Post by ShadowDragon8685 »

pinheadh78 wrote:As long as we're off topic, have you guys considered using a proper fan-fiction service for these stories like 'Archive of our Own' or 'Fanfiction.net' ? There are e-reader apps for computers, tablets, and phones and both services have good comments sections, editing tools, metrics tracking etc. I'd really like to read some of the Fanfiction on here but its difficult to-do so on my mobile or tablet. The services are free and easy to setup.
I loathe FF.net with the burning passion of a thousand Wave-Loom Devices set to "Flambe" and aimed at the shell's homeworld. Any website that thinks they have any fucking business disabling common Windows features like left-click highlight or rightclick deserves to get its bollocks kicked right up it's throat.

As for fanfic, when I write these days, I usually do it on Google Docs, but I started writing WtDwJ in the format of forum posts in the hopes of prompting the original author to resume writing it. That did not work, sadly.

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:I loathe FF.net with the burning passion of a thousand Wave-Loom Devices set to "Flambe" and aimed at the shell's homeworld.
Which is named Qkt-Txl, or “Empire”.

Also, not being able to highlight is bullshit
Don't delay, join today!

Chekist_Felix

Post by Chekist_Felix »

Just now realized something... During the release of the last 5-6 pages ... I LITERALLY have grew a beard! :D
...damn, things are slow...
My literacy is cringe-fest... Apologies for what you're about to read.

cacambo43

Post by cacambo43 »

Chekist_Felix wrote:Just now realized something... During the release of the last 5-6 pages ... I LITERALLY have grew a beard! :D
Oh, man! It's too bad you probably don't have a sequence showing each phase relating to each page! :lol:

CJSF

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

But is it a beard that even Fireblade could appreciate?
Don't delay, join today!

Chekist_Felix

Post by Chekist_Felix »

cacambo43 wrote:
Chekist_Felix wrote:Just now realized something... During the release of the last 5-6 pages ... I LITERALLY have grew a beard! :D
Oh, man! It's too bad you probably don't have a sequence showing each phase relating to each page! :lol:

CJSF
I know, right! It would be hilarious!
Carl Miller wrote:But is it a beard that even Fireblade could appreciate?
Oh, God... i remember that art. Can't unsee it now. :lol:
My literacy is cringe-fest... Apologies for what you're about to read.

thorinschmidt

Post by thorinschmidt »

Okay. I joined the forum Specifically so I could make a post on this thread.

Arioch, thanks for the time you put into making this webcomic.

If you've never made a webcomic, then you have no idea what is reasonable/unreasonable for a particular person.

The fact is, unless you know of ALL the demands upon a person, you have no basis for making a judgement about it at all.

I'm happy to check back now and then, and if there's nothing new, well, maybe next time.
Too many of my favorite webcomics have ended because the author tried to keep up with reader demands.
That's FAR worse than just having it update irregularly.

Arioch, you just keep doing what you're doing. I will continue to enjoy every single update you make. Whenever it is.