OUTSIDER complaints

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Quazel

Re: OUTSIDER complaints

Post by Quazel »

I've grown and a shaved two beards... um... hey.. You guys are trying to distract me from taco's!
KIKITIK-27-TIKHAK-TIKKUKIT 2020!

Chekist_Felix

Post by Chekist_Felix »

Quazel wrote:I've grown and a shaved two beards... um... hey.. You guys are trying to distract me from taco's!
Well, in my case we don't really have taco's here so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyhow, how are you doing, Arioch? Good job with Stars in Shadow, just seen it got a new patch.
My literacy is cringe-fest... Apologies for what you're about to read.

ShyAndFearful

Post by ShyAndFearful »

Hey Arioch! I know it's not the right topic, but I couldn't find any better :) Greatings from Russia (almost Russia)! I found out about your comic a month or so ago. And well... I was shocked, when I realized that when you posted the first page, I was 3-year-old and we don't even had mobile phones in our country (we still were using pagers), not to mention Internet etc. So that's LITERALLY comic of my life :)
So I asked people to post a link on a Russian site (https://vk.com/rus_bd). That's basically our twitter or facebook. And one man in the comments said that it has a translated version of this on a Russian comic site. And here it is! (http://acomics.ru/~outsider/1)
Just for you to know how popular you are :)

P.S. Sorry for my English.

CptWinters

Post by CptWinters »

Is this the thread to give Arioch encouragement? ;)

I've been here since forever (though not as long as Mr Bojangles or Codius, if we're counting...), and while I don't post on the forums at all anymore, I still check Outsider regularly and I will continue to do so. I hope that Stars in Shadow does very well (and from the look of it, I think it shall), and I hope that Outsider continues for a long time to come. Until then, I'll be around to see what happens.

In closing, let the record show that I, also, ate no Tacos on Thursday.

ShyAndFearful

Post by ShyAndFearful »

I have NEVER ate tacos, I don't even know what it is :)

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

I am looking at the main page like I am addicted to it...

Need more pages, bar that more cutesy Loroi pinups...

Stardrive

Post by Stardrive »

Hello. I've been an unregistered lurker here for a long, long time. However, after reading the OP's post, and the ridiculous morass of non-responses that arose afterward, I feel compelled to decloak.

Planned number of chapters: 7

Average number of pages per chapter: 60

Average number of updates per year: 4 (the current average is probably less, but we'll use this as an example)

Estimated year of completion for comic storyline: 2093

I am not unsympathetic to Arioch's real-life responsibilities. Quite the contrary. Yet for this comic to continue something must be done. I fully and completely agree with the OP.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

Well, that calculation is, in general terms, known to all of us, and yet we all hang out.
We're hoping for Arioch to go to pension, and have time to update once in two weeks or possibly even faster....

There have been even harsher requests: request for content of Arioch's will
I even discussed in once before: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/vie ... 901#p19901 (and the following pages)
(I'm pretty sure there are even older calculations flying around on this board)

Oh, and you forgot the epilogue. Another fifteen pages, possibly sixteen (based on prologue). So you can add another four years to your calculation. (Not counting art-work pages like the page 17)

And chapter one was more than 70 pages... granted, some are "double pages" published in one go....
And from my experience, the first chapters are often shorter than the later, real story driven chapters.
We'll just assume the update rate goes up to make 60 updates per chapter.

And now let's round it all, because it's still so far away, and from this distance round numbers sound nicer:

Outsider will post the last page of the story in the year 2100.

Every year earlier, and you're lucky.
Heck, likely none of my sons will be alive by then.

It's best to not dwell on that. I need to find a way to have some money I can transfer over, so that Arioch actually has the money needed to find time to continue this great piece of artwork.
But I already find Arioch's dedication to Outsider more than what we can expect. All other webcomics with a similar update schedule I know of have died by now. Outsider is the exception to the rule.

And after that, a piece of story like this needs a proper front cover page, and be made into a wonderful plastper version (made of dead plastic robots).

But to end it all in a positive note: Arioch has every intention to beat all our calculations by posting the last page at least half a century earlier.
I wish him that he's right, and our calculations are far off the mark.
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Quazel

Post by Quazel »

Is it wrong that I hope Outsider get discovers by Hollywood and movie gets made...
KIKITIK-27-TIKHAK-TIKKUKIT 2020!

dapple26

Post by dapple26 »

Gay blogging repair? Another bot invasion.

Razor One

Post by Razor One »

Tactical Air Strikes were authorised against the bot invasion, driving them back for now. Citizens are advised to disregard spambots and to avoid clicking their links, as this will only continue to encourage them.

Be Alert.
Be Aware.
Burn a Spambot alive today! :P
SpoilerShow
This is my Mod voice. If you see this in a thread, it means that the time for gentle reminders has passed.

dapple26

Post by dapple26 »

Razor One wrote:Tactical Air Strikes were authorised against the bot invasion, driving them back for now. Citizens are advised to disregard spambots and to avoid clicking their links, as this will only continue to encourage them.

Be Alert.
Be Aware.
Skynet shall not be destroyed so easily. They will be back.

ShadowDragon8685

Post by ShadowDragon8685 »

dapple26 wrote:
Razor One wrote:Tactical Air Strikes were authorised against the bot invasion, driving them back for now. Citizens are advised to disregard spambots and to avoid clicking their links, as this will only continue to encourage them.

Be Alert.
Be Aware.
Skynet shall not be destroyed so easily. They'll soon be back... And in greater numbers.
FTFY.

dapple26

Post by dapple26 »

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:
dapple26 wrote:

Be Alert.
Be Aware.
Skynet shall not be destroyed so easily. They'll soon be back... And in greater numbers.
FTFY.
Its a counter attack! "A NEW CITZENSHIP FOR US/C"
Hit the deck!

Razor One

Post by Razor One »

Commence Bombing Run!

:twisted:
SpoilerShow
This is my Mod voice. If you see this in a thread, it means that the time for gentle reminders has passed.

Eluvatar

Post by Eluvatar »

dapple26 wrote:

Be Alert.
Be Aware.
Skynet shall not be destroyed so easily. They will be back.

E=M.C^2

Post by E=M.C^2 »

Outsider + & -

+ Story by by someone who knows engineering :geek:
+ Design that does not suck :o
+ Univers building 8-)
+ Blue space chicks :D
+ Pointy hears ;)

- Slow pace :cry:
- Hardware failure :cry: :cry:

Ok, I pledged (I got a raise…).