Up coming games

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Quazel

Up coming games

Post by Quazel »

What games are you all waiting for?

I'm having a lot of fun right now in Prey, and No Mans Sky held my attention for a month almost, but I'm starting to thing Duel Universe might be my next time sink. I'd like to some of the artist in here build a few ships in that game.
KIKITIK-27-TIKHAK-TIKKUKIT 2020!

GeoModder

Re: Up coming games

Post by GeoModder »

Nexus II. :|
But it won't happen.

discord

Post by discord »

jupiter incident....yeah, that one was nice.

for me, mechwarrior 5 mercs would be awesome....oh right, they actually ARE making that.
http://www.mw5mercs.com/
hmm, something i'd like to see but not actually getting....
Starwars KOTOR 3 would be awe....oh right, that's The old republic....yeah, already here since a few years back....
ah, got one, Space Empires VI or a fixed version of #5 that does not freak out on anything more modern than windows XP.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Sad to say, but there really aren't any.

I guess I'm looking forward to the next XCOM expansion/sequel, but it's not even announced yet.

I still have about a dozen games that I've played either very little or not at all.

discord

Post by discord »

being an adult, so much things that encroach on gaming time....

on more games i'd like to see, a non-bugged-to-shit stardrive game would be awesome, prolly not gonna happen though.
a sequel to fallout: new vegas... because fallout 4 is so almost great it's painful.

something that actually might be utterly awesome is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM known as phoenix point

elorran

Post by elorran »

As a curiosity did you ever take a look at Age of Wonders 3, Arioch?

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

elorran wrote:As a curiosity did you ever take a look at Age of Wonders 3, Arioch?
Yes, I have it and both expansions.

Siber

Post by Siber »

Frankly right now I can't think of any game I'm significantly anticipating, besides Path of Exile: Fall of Oriath, which is an expansion rather than a really new game. Besides that, none of the things with big hype machines are things I really get hyped for.
Atomic Space Race, a hard sci-fi orbital mechanics puzzle game.
Homeworld Fulcrum, a Homeworld Remastered Mod

Quazel

Post by Quazel »

@Discord

I checked out Phoenix Point. Looks interesting. I'll have to look into it some more. I knew this thread would pay off!
KIKITIK-27-TIKHAK-TIKKUKIT 2020!

halftea

Post by halftea »

Well, Phoenix Point is from Julian Gollop (original X-Com creator), so I have high hopes. Really, if they get the AI right to dynamically morph the threat as promised, this will be absolutely amazing. I'm looking forward to see if they can pull it off.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

I like XCOM-style games, so I wish him luck, but the track record of developers of classic games who haven't made a good game in 20 years who come back and do kickstarters isn't encouraging.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I'm in the boat where I'm still trying to get through my backlog of old games. Not having enough time to get through them, "new," for me usually means a year or two old and on sale. :lol:

(Although not really sci fi oriented, Night in the Woods is on my list to pick up sometime. Rimworld is on the list and sorta sci fi~ish, but will probably never go on sale. I've heard good things about Cosmic Star Heroine, to the effect that is does a good job of creating the same sort of feeling that Chrono Trigger created, while not being the same thing.)

anamiac

Post by anamiac »

I'm looking forward to Mount and Blade 2 (2017?), Mechwarrior 5 (2018?), and Elder Scrolls 6 (2019?)

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

I'm hype for System Shock (2018) and System Shock 3 (2019?).
Don't delay, join today!

deadlypie

Post by deadlypie »

I hear prey is super similar to system shock, haven't played it though.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

I seem to be the only gamer who never played System Shock or any of its progeny.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

What is "System Shock"? Do I need to wikipedia for it?
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Razor One

Post by Razor One »

Krulle wrote:What is "System Shock"? Do I need to wikipedia for it?
Arioch wrote:I seem to be the only gamer who never played System Shock or any of its progeny.
Heretics, both of you. Still, late is better than never. You can grab them both on Steam for a grand total of $20 and get more entertainment out of them then a $100 Triple A game today, as long as you have a little patience for dated paradigms. There's also a Remake in the works, and System Shock 2 has a very nice updated graphics mod.

Next you'll be telling me you never played Unreal. :P
SpoilerShow
This is my Mod voice. If you see this in a thread, it means that the time for gentle reminders has passed.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

For what it's worth, I haven't played System Shock, or any of its progeny. Haven't played Unreal either. First person games in general tend to make me motion sick and then it's bad times all around.

Razor One

Post by Razor One »

icekatze wrote:hi hi

For what it's worth, I haven't played System Shock, or any of its progeny. Haven't played Unreal either. First person games in general tend to make me motion sick and then it's bad times all around.
:shock:

I understand the motion sickness angle. Games since Half-Life 2 and onwards have all given me that feeling, though it's curiously not a problem with older games or slower paced stuff like MMO's.

Since we're confessing about games we've never played, I couldn't get past Bioshock's introductory levels. It kept reminding me that I'd played that game before, and I liked it better when it was called System Shock 2. :P
SpoilerShow
This is my Mod voice. If you see this in a thread, it means that the time for gentle reminders has passed.