Miscellaneous Loroi question-and-answer thread

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Jericho

Re: Miscellaneous Loroi question-and-answer thread

Post by Jericho »

Arioch wrote:Also, they don't poop everywhere.
Hah ha.... ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah BULLSHIT they don't.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. General C.H Melchett commander of some unknown british regiment in the western front.

saint of m

Post by saint of m »

Jericho wrote:

Only when they are pissed. Normally they try to hide their waste on instinct as they know they are not the biggest baddest things out there, so they try to hide it. If they don't its because they are going: Challenge accepted, or they are letting you know how displeased they are.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

saint of m wrote:
Jericho wrote:

Only when they are pissed. Normally they try to hide their waste on instinct as they know they are not the biggest baddest things out there, so they try to hide it. If they don't its because they are going: Challenge accepted, or they are letting you know how displeased they are.

that is so true my mother pissed off my cat one day so he went to her room and when she walked in he pooped on her shoes!

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Do the Loroi have other regular empire-wide celebrations than "Semoset" and how can we imagine those celebrations, except from (I guess) mating for everyone?
As they do not have a religion (or only a minority has one, as far as I remember), would the Loroi be confused by human religious celebrations like Chanukah, Christmas, Eid al-Adha, etc... (if Humanity still celebrates them in the future)?
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Mr.Tucker

Post by Mr.Tucker »

Hello! I was wondering what the gender ratio of the Barsam or other species in the Union is, since the Loroi seemed so confused by ours. Surely, would they not expect us to be different? We are an alien species after all. Maybe the Barsam or Pipolsid have the same high gender ratios?

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Mr.Tucker wrote:Hello! I was wondering what the gender ratio of the Barsam or other species in the Union is, since the Loroi seemed so confused by ours. Surely, would they not expect us to be different? We are an alien species after all. Maybe the Barsam or Pipolsid have the same high gender ratios?
Honestly I think the Barsam may have a higher male population, the Loroi call them peaceful allies maybe they think a high male ratio is something of a more peaceful race. I made a race of plants with only about 25% of population are males. The women are warriors and do dangerous jobs because their society views large numbers of female as a disposable asset.

Jericho

Post by Jericho »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:
Mr.Tucker wrote:Hello! I was wondering what the gender ratio of the Barsam or other species in the Union is, since the Loroi seemed so confused by ours. Surely, would they not expect us to be different? We are an alien species after all. Maybe the Barsam or Pipolsid have the same high gender ratios?
Honestly I think the Barsam may have a higher male population, the Loroi call them peaceful allies maybe they think a high male ratio is something of a more peaceful race. I made a race of plants with only about 25% of population are males. The women are warriors and do dangerous jobs because their society views large numbers of female as a disposable asset.
If i remember correctly Arioch said that the barsam are hermaphrodites and i don't think that its been mentioned what the pipolsid are. But the look like jellyfishes so they can have untold number of genders if i'm not completely mistaken, should probably google this up.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. General C.H Melchett commander of some unknown british regiment in the western front.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Jericho wrote:
CrimsonFALKE wrote:
If i remember correctly Arioch said that the barsam are hermaphrodites and i don't think that its been mentioned what the pipolsid are. But the look like jellyfishes so they can have untold number of genders if i'm not completely mistaken, should probably google this up.

So a race of hermaphrodites that lean toward the masculine.

Mr.Tucker

Post by Mr.Tucker »

Still pretty strange they'd find our gender ratio so surprising.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Mr.Tucker wrote:Still pretty strange they'd find our gender ratio so surprising.
Maybe the Loroi are some sort of post feminist society, I mean feminists are one of two things obeseed with male extermination or reduction to 1 in 10 people are men. So maybe the Loroi just found a way to kill of their male parts in hte manner feminists want.

Mr.Tucker

Post by Mr.Tucker »

Just out of curiosity, what's the other thing?.....

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

What other thing?

Mr.Tucker

Post by Mr.Tucker »

One of 2 things obsessed with reducing male gender ratio are feminists. What's the other? :)

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

That would be rape, not stopping it but making up random lies about rape.

cacambo43

Post by cacambo43 »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:
Mr.Tucker wrote:Still pretty strange they'd find our gender ratio so surprising.
Maybe the Loroi are some sort of post feminist society, I mean feminists are one of two things obeseed with male extermination or reduction to 1 in 10 people are men. So maybe the Loroi just found a way to kill of their male parts in hte manner feminists want.
This is ignorant. Yes, some very radical and extreme feminists might want "male extermination" but on the whole, that is factually incorrect (as is the 1 in 10 number, which sounds fabricated). Besides, if you read the comic, you can see that in the context of the major physical similarities (external, mainly) between Loroi and Humans, that the 50/50 ratio "seems surprising" to them. Also, if you've read the comic and the Insider pages, you know that the Loroi male/female ratio is a likely result of genetic engineering, perhaps by the Soia.

CJSF

Mr.Tucker

Post by Mr.Tucker »

I was just curious. Don't really care much about feminism. The Barsam thing would be interesting to know for certain though :D .

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

This is ignorant. Yes, some very radical and extreme feminists might want "male extermination" but on the whole, that is factually incorrect (as is the 1 in 10 number, which sounds fabricated). Besides, if you read the comic, you can see that in the context of the major physical similarities (external, mainly) between Loroi and Humans, that the 50/50 ratio "seems surprising" to them.

CJSF[/quote]

Yes I am the ignorant one, because I am not going to take actions over a definition in a book. Tell me how is radical feminism different from feminism I mean really NOW a group of so called nonradical feminists hold Radical feminists like SCUM author Valerie Solonas as a hero of feminism? Tell me how feminism doesn't hate men despite the fact all feminist science fiction involves the extermination of men? If you have balls contact me until then shut up and go masturbate in your echo chamber of bullshit.
Last edited by CrimsonFALKE on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Mr.Tucker wrote:I was just curious. Don't really care much about feminism. The Barsam thing would be interesting to know for certain though :D .
No where in the races description does it say anything about their genders.

wasp609

Post by wasp609 »

So a race of hermaphrodites that lean toward the masculine.[/quote]

they are masculine by our social standards but probably not by their own. they were probably just as confused about a multi gender species.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

wasp609 wrote:So a race of hermaphrodites that lean toward the masculine.
they are masculine by our social standards but probably not by their own. they were probably just as confused about a multi gender species.[/quote]

Are they hermaphrodites? I can't find anything on the insider that mentions them as being one sex.