Well of Souls Forums
https://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/

WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
https://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15
Page 87 of 89

Author:  MBehave [ Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Just to put a dampener on all the "sex" innuendo.

Loroi body temperature is significantly lower then humans at 27c, for a human it would be closer to having sex with a corpse.
10c lower is significant.

So unless Loroi heat up when sexually active it wouldn't really be enjoyable for humans.
Well most Humans...

Author:  Arioch [ Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

MBehave wrote:
Just to put a dampener on all the "sex" innuendo.

Loroi body temperature is significantly lower then humans at 27c, for a human it would be closer to having sex with a corpse.
10c lower is significant.

So unless Loroi heat up when sexually active it wouldn't really be enjoyable for humans.
Well most Humans...

Was that really necessary?

I don't even think it's accurate. Touching objects at room temperature (~20°C) is not uncomfortable or unpleasant, and a Loroi is significantly warmer than room temperature. Corpses are normally much colder than room temperature... if you don't want them decomposing on you.

As I would prefer to stop this derailment where it is, any further posts about having sex with corpses will be deleted.

Author:  Murph [ Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

I know the new secret name for Alex: Captain Snuggle-buddy! They get cold, and Alex is a living electric blanket.

Author:  kiwi [ Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Arioch wrote:
As I would prefer to stop this derailment where it is, any further posts about having sex with corpses will be deleted.


Good! Please do! Vigorously!

Author:  SaintofM [ Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Ok, trying not to derail this further, but I wonder what personalities of the space elves Alex will gravitate to when he decides to pass out.

So far I think it will be more to Beryl as he has the nicest things to say about her and has shown the most concern if not curiosity towards him.

The pilotes are a maybe as both are clearly not mature. This might fit him, but outside of a few remarks and whatever he did to get the cleanup crew duty, he was might be drawn to that.

Shoe elf, not sure. Acts too timid.

Tempo could always pull rank.

That leaves fireblade, who will probably be Alex's last choice but the one most capable of defending him from threats (or more realistically the others from him).

Author:  novius [ Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

SaintofM wrote:
That leaves fireblade, who will probably be Alex's last choice but the one most capable of defending him from threats (or more realistically the others from him).


Alex made his opinion about Fireblade abundantly clear, and with the others, except Tempo, Beryl could always pull rank - he is her responsibility, after all.

I think it's less a question of Alex's choice, but rather the choice will be made for him.

Author:  Roeben [ Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

I've long grown tired of the lewd lobby trying to frame every possible panel in a romantic or even sexual way, even if we're seeing a soldier making a joke about butts and farting on pillows.

Alex won't gravitate to any of the Loroi, he's just been warned by the Historian about them and he's probably feeling some quite relevant paranoia towards most of them. I would sooner see him request to sleep separately then snuggled up in a ball of lukewarm Loroi bodies. Love may bloom on the battlefield, but not with 8 people crammed into a storage compartment counting down (for all they know) the seconds until life support runs out.

Author:  Murph [ Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Roeben wrote:
I've long grown tired of the lewd lobby trying to frame every possible panel in a romantic or even sexual way, even if we're seeing a soldier making a joke about butts and farting on pillows.

Alex won't gravitate to any of the Loroi, he's just been warned by the Historian about them and he's probably feeling some quite relevant paranoia towards most of them. I would sooner see him request to sleep separately then snuggled up in a ball of lukewarm Loroi bodies. Love may bloom on the battlefield, but not with 8 people crammed into a storage compartment counting down (for all they know) the seconds until life support runs out.


Not to mention, that after a few days, unless they have a "fresher" it will start to get....fragrant in the hold.

Author:  Roeben [ Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Murph wrote:
Roeben wrote:
I've long grown tired of the lewd lobby trying to frame every possible panel in a romantic or even sexual way, even if we're seeing a soldier making a joke about butts and farting on pillows.

Alex won't gravitate to any of the Loroi, he's just been warned by the Historian about them and he's probably feeling some quite relevant paranoia towards most of them. I would sooner see him request to sleep separately then snuggled up in a ball of lukewarm Loroi bodies. Love may bloom on the battlefield, but not with 8 people crammed into a storage compartment counting down (for all they know) the seconds until life support runs out.


Not to mention, that after a few days, unless they have a "fresher" it will start to get....fragrant in the hold.


If I was Arioch, that's where I'd pull out the "Loroi sweat smells like fragant vanilla candles" gag, referencing back to the beginning of the comic when he first entered the ships hallway, and revealing that Loroi ships crewed by loroi soldiers smell of Loroi soldier sweat.

In all likeliness, That smell was probably really just some kind of incense, the purpose of which was revealed with the murals.

Author:  icekatze [ Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

hi hi

It's kind of humorous, but in spite of how much humans like the smell and taste of vanilla, it is a smell of decay and rot. Outside of the vanilla plant, vanillin is generally produced as a byproduct of decaying plant and animal matter, most noticeable in fermented fruit. One hypothesis for why humans are so attracted to the smell is because of that relationship with fermented fruit.

Author:  boldilocks [ Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

So he was smelling their mushroom plantation?

Author:  DCR [ Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

I am sad that I cannot see the last two pictures posted in the WIP thread.

Author:  Arioch [ Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

DCR wrote:
I am sad that I cannot see the last two pictures posted in the WIP thread.

I was being lazy and pasted the images to the Discord server. I edited the posts and changed the links to point to my own server, so you should be able to see the images now.

Author:  DCR [ Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

I can, thank you!

Author:  Murph [ Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

I am so waiting for 165 and 166 to see where this is going....

Author:  CF2 [ Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Murph wrote:
I am so waiting for 165 and 166 to see where this is going....

Hopefully Alex remembers to act surprised when the rescue happens, or he's going to invite a whole lot of suspicion.

That said, waiting in a drifting shuttle seems like a potential moment for a time skip story wise, so we may wind up seeing the aftermath of this Umiak assault in the next few pages.

Author:  Voitan [ Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Murph wrote:
I know the new secret name for Alex: Captain Snuggle-buddy! They get cold, and Alex is a living electric blanket.

Clearly he must be some fleshy android made by the Umiak, his hot running battery has betrayed his nature, no Loroi is that HOT.

Author:  SaintofM [ Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

I wonder if this will happen with the other races.

I have an image of a Barsom sleeping, sucking his thumb, while holding an annoyed Alex like a teddy bear

Author:  GeoModder [ Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

SaintofM wrote:
I wonder if this will happen with the other races.

I have an image of a Barsom sleeping, sucking his thumb, while holding an annoyed Alex like a teddy bear


:lol:

Don't make the baby Barsam cry!

Author:  mwightman [ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)




Well darn that didn't work . . still funny if you copy and paste

Author:  Arioch [ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

mwightman wrote:
Well darn that didn't work . . still funny if you copy and paste

Fixed it for ya... don't use the whole URL, just the last part which is the ID of the video.

Author:  Hālian [ Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Arioch wrote:
Image



Author:  inxsi [ Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Talon: Alex, would you mind helping me out of this flight suit?
Talon (by sanzai): I'm sure someone who'll touch hands won't mind.
Spiral (by sanzai): You mean I should have had Reed hold my diral-seii? First the meeting of hands and now this?
Talon (by sanzai): Well, we still have to show him how to put the Loroi armor on quickly in case of emergency. You can help me with that.
Spiral (by sanzai): Did I mention that you are my favorite copilot ever?

Author:  Murph [ Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

I suspect that as they relax, we will get to see the conversation go back to Terra/Human concepts and history. Beryl is such an info-magpie that I don't see her giving Alex much time to not talk to her. After all her job is to obtain data.

Author:  dragoongfa [ Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Image

A prelude to a tag of war perhaps?

Page 87 of 89 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/