[RP] Incursion (OOC)

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

bunnyboy

Re: [RP] Incursion (OOC)

Post by bunnyboy »

I had add little continue my on story post. Just PM, if there are any need for change in either story or image.

Edit:
@Paragon
Didn't see that you had post first, but nice character.
Does her hands looks anything like someone of those?
ImageImageImageImage

<Flips backs at messages>
Hmm. How every character have more height than one before, next one is Barsam, Historian or Robert Wadlow.
Last edited by bunnyboy on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supporter of forum RPG

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Nice pics by the way Bunny... very nice! :)

I'm still waiting on a post from Gudo...
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

@Paragon, looks like an interesting character, is there any particular reason why Darius has cybernetic arms? Was it an accident or maybe a birth defect (unlikely given the tech, but possible). Or perhaps it was a personal choice for some reason or other or maybe he was brought up on one of the more technophilic worlds of the Commonwealth?

Or have you just been playing too much Deus Ex of late? ;)

@Bunnyboy, good work, the pics are a great idea, I'd copy it myself were I any good a drawing :roll:
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Neat character Paragon!

@ TheUnforsaken: At least he is not a full-conversion Borg with a berserker body and 'Panzer Kunst' martial arts... lol!

I'm going to wait one more day ... and if Gudo does not post... I'll move the story along and post something.

Also... I don't know if anyone remembers but Martenzo set up his game threat - Tempest in a unique way.

http://well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39

Where there is a spoiler link to the three parts to his story thread... OOC talk, IC posts and Character Roster... could we do the same for this game? I really miss how useful that was!
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

sunphoenix wrote:I'm still waiting on a post from Gudo...
An IC post? I thought we were waiting for Bunny and Fuse to get together first. I guess I'll start drafting one...

Interesting character there Paragon. Tell me, are those metal arms basically just replacement arms, or do they have some nifty trick to them? Also, have you decided start with the main group or if you want to run into it?
Man, Mord was cool. For the few posts I got to do as him anyways.

Fusebox

Post by Fusebox »

I think I should establish now that Moira does not speak trade, and any trade uttered at this time is going to go right over her emotionally destroyed and completely disturbed head. (Harold however speaks both English and trade. I'll specify which he's speaking when relevant.)

Paragon

Post by Paragon »

Glad everyone seems to like it.

@ The Unforsaken: I have been playing far too much Deus Ex. My apartment was out of food for a whole day despite the grocery store being ten minutes away because there just all of this Deus Ex to be done. Let's say he lost his arms in an accident when he was young ("and that, boys and girls, is why you don't dick around in an abadoned factory), and the way his world advocates handling that sort of thing is replacement with "superior" parts.

@bunnyboy: I originally envisioned them being able to turn into fast precise surgical tools (like the robot secretary hands). I guess we can argue that that is sort of shown through his high medical skill. They haven't been encased in artificial flesh or anything, so he wears a lot of long sleeves and gloves. The arms are also why he has super strength. I'll do my best to keep toned down in the story, since according to the rules that lets him lift one ton, and that is just a tiny bit ridiculous.

@Gudo: The neat trick will be that he keeps people from dying from bullet wounds, and that he can punch people really, really hard. Non-lethally, of course.
The main group is the one with you and sunphoenix, right? I guess it's fine if I join that one. When should I post for there?
"Optical computers, genetic catalogs, nanorepair modules--forget all of that. It's when you see a megaton of steel suspended over your head by a thread the thickness of a human hair that you really find God in technology."

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

After Fusebox's character and Bunnyboy's hook up I guess. They're a bit busy shooting things atm :P Looks like I'm scrapping another IC post >_>

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

@sunphoenix, links to the RP are now in my sig. Which reminds me...I really should update the character post now we have some characters. :)

@Paragon, lol, yes, I remember doing that on a few occasions with one game or another. As far as the 'super strength' goes for Darius' arms, well, they may be strong but the rest of him isn't. He'd be really good at climbing or tightening/untightening bolts or other things he can grasp etc, but once he needs more than his arms he'd be stuck with his biological bits and their limitations.

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

Character post (3rd post on the first page of this thread) has been updated. I actually did some work...who'd have thunk it? ;)

@Paragon, I made Darius' color orange (FF8000) but you can change it to whatever you want.

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

Paragon

Post by Paragon »

So, how will we know when Fusebox and bunnyboy's combat is done so we can move on?
"Optical computers, genetic catalogs, nanorepair modules--forget all of that. It's when you see a megaton of steel suspended over your head by a thread the thickness of a human hair that you really find God in technology."

Fusebox

Post by Fusebox »

I'm going to be frank, I have no idea what values I'm supposed to be using, so I'm kind of just leaving this combat for Unforsaken to resolve if that's alright.

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

Ok, unless you come up against a badass NPC or are hugely outnumbered I don't really plan on using the defined combat system (as sunphoenix posted it earlier), in a little fight like is going on now you can simply use narrative.

For instance, right now Nelodez is on the ground having jumped out of cover and her line of fire is currently blocked by the invader she killed. Harry just fired his special gun at the other guy, but the extreme close range means that the round won't have built up enough speed to cause a fatal wound: It would, however, distract the invader, and probably long enough for Nelodez to clear her line of fire and kill him.

Something like that is fine, talk with each other to work it all out if you need to.

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

Fusebox

Post by Fusebox »

Okay, note taken, TO THE WRITING DESK!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qP-NglUeZU[/youtube]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

@ Paragon: Ok. How about this intro...

The 'Doc' was with a large group of survivors. Originally Golden Hair and Garnet were part of a that same larger group of survivors, but for safety sake and for lack of resources it was decided to split the group into smaller cells avoid easy detection and cut down on the size of the safe-house needed to conceal a large group of survivors all at once - Very hard to hide! 'Doc' went with the one of the smaller cell groups and Golden Hair and Garnet went with another. The survivor cells tried to keep in loose contact to support each other - hoping to outlast the alien occupation... figuring it would not be long for Loroi Union or TCN forces to send a fleet to deal with the invaders and reclaim this world.

Well, that was like 1 month ago and nothing has changed... in fact the invaders have become more numerous! Well 'Doc', being the humanitarian type, has been traveling about the city trying to help the injured and sick of the various survivor cells he has been able to locate.

Well recently he has been coming across the safe houses of several survivor cells all destroyed obviously from the invaders finding them and killing everyone there... more than just occupation... but a systematic genocide of all non-invader species. About two days ago he returned to his safe-house from another dead cell's hideout only to find his cells hideout had fallen to the same fate! Now with no safe place of his own anymore he goes to one of the hideouts he knows has not been hit yet to warn them and to find refuge himself.

That hideout is ours... Golden Hair and Garnet.

Basically you just knock on our door seeking safety... we already know you... so no awkward introductions. You have a good reason to be seeking us and it gets you immediately into the story! :)
Last edited by sunphoenix on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Paragon

Post by Paragon »

Great idea! I'll begin working on something, and then I'll post it as soon as the current combat is resolved.

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

No need for wait/stalling. Combat is over and we are leaving the place, which is good moment to look on another place (in movies).

@Paragon, but others too. You are maybe interested this.
Aimee Mullins gives a inspiring motivationspeak of her disability on TED. Ideas worth spreading
Supporter of forum RPG

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Now...{ahem}, some... uncomfortable... or at least 'sensitive' questions...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

...What, pray-tell, did Beryl mean by... "It is... Necessary for them. For their physical and mental Well-being..."? Is she actually referring to a racial gender-based medical 'need' or is this an example of 'Reverse-Chauvinism'? [ie. "A woman's not a woman, until she has a man in her bed..."] in this case a male needs "taking care of" so he must service women on some regular basis... yadda yadda yadda... {insert stereo-typical phrase of choice.}

I'm mostly of the opinion that Maiannon being a half-breed may possibly be able to resist/control any urges or is unaffected by any real biological 'need' if it is a actual Loroi male physiological fact.

But it would make for some... {ahem} interesting RP if Maiannon goes all "Spock", Amok Time! once and a while due to still being strongly Loroi in his half-blood nature. But if we wish to just... 'gloss-over' this, I'm also cool with that.

Though, I'll admit... I'm really curious as to the answer if Arioch would chime in... but perhaps that is a spoiler to the series. In which case... I'd rather not know and just be amused when the topic is broached with innocent Alex.

@Bunny: By the way...nice video. Miss{?} Amiee Mullins is indeed a truly amazing and beautiful woman!
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

sunphoenix wrote:I'm mostly of the opinion that Maiannon being a half-breed may possibly be able to resist/control any urges or is unaffected by any real biological 'need' if it is a actual Loroi male physiological fact.
It may comes from having this Y, when he don't have broblems or from having not enough of X when he is screwed or screwing all the others.
Assuming that he is XY and not of LoLXxY
Supporter of forum RPG

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

sunphoenix wrote:Now...{ahem}, some... uncomfortable... or at least 'sensitive' questions...

...What, pray-tell, did Beryl mean by... "It is... Necessary for them. For their physical and mental Well-being..."? Is she actually referring to a racial gender-based medical 'need' or is this an example of 'Reverse-Chauvinism'? [ie. "A woman's not a woman, until she has a man in her bed..."] in this case a male needs "taking care of" so he must service women on some regular basis... yadda yadda yadda... {insert stereo-typical phrase of choice.}
Well, when you consider how the Loroi have been engineered in this aspect (8 females to 1 male, males mate very frequently), I would bet that there's an actual physical need instead of some sort of 'Reverse-Chauvinism'. Also, why would Beryl bring it up if it was just a social thing. My bet would be constantly getting off causes a the males to form a chemical dependency on whatever the Loroi form of dopamine is (in fact, a few humans actually do get addicted to dopamine IRL)... Whatever those problems that Beryl is talking about is withdraw.

If you want to gloss over it, that would be fine with me (just say that due to his half human side, he doesn't get addicted to dopamine.) You could always role-play some (please) implied "Amok Time". A possible better solution would be to have Maiannon addicted, but just shooting up dopamine/trying to ween himself off. If the drugs ever run out or there's some interesting opportunity, then we get to role play some withdraw/amok.

I'll go ahead and ask Airoch about it in the questions thread.

On a completely un-related note, I just found out I'll be making a small trip. Gonna go spend some time with my kids on the long weekend :) I should be back late Monday/early Tuesday.