Page 158 : All Fire and Green eyes

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Eledore

Re: Page 158 : All fire and Green eyes

Post by Eledore »

Hi, dropping in because of the darn PM spambot, i usually do not log in.

Here is my take on the following
Arioch wrote:
Victor_D wrote:So what did the construct mean by "aboard your ship" – did it mean the shuttle, as the context here seems to suggest? I am a bit confused.
Why would the construct refer to a Loroi shuttle to Alex as "your ship"?

How would being in the data banks of a Loroi shuttle teach the construct English?

Surely there is only one ship it could mean.
"your information processing systems" should give you all you need to know.
Why would it compliment and look down on loreli systems, something they already know the ins and outs off..
Do not forget 057. The historian was transferring his construct to that garbagebin. And it if really means it has the capability of power-off intrusion prevention it would have been in the vicinity of the Bellarmine. "your Ship"

And the choice of icon and text, this would only be given if the construct had enough information about humanity to blend in subvertly knowing only humans could understand it as wrong. He possibly could have have gotten that entirely from the Bellarmine OR worse:
You could even think that the constructs already know about humanity and even been in human space covertly but have taken no action.
This looks unlikely as it seems surprised at humanities advancement.
But it does know that humanity has made contact with the Loreli and how they see new civilizations in there war, the construct is now making covert contact with Alex to tell the other sideline story of the war.
And given that Loreli propaganda seems to counter his existence (See 065), we may yet see a lot of interesting things we may learn from the Construct or the Barsam..

You can think broad, but lets all enjoy the story..
It been a fun exiting ride for me of waiting for the next page, the past 125 pages.

icekatze

Re: Page 158 : All Fire and Green eyes

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

The historian construct could have been talking about the PAD, although it seems pretty unlikely that it got all of that info off of just one handheld device.

Presumably the Lorelilalee'lay have better intrusion countermeasures, if they force the construct to sit in a can rather than interfacing directly with their systems. One might assume that they have the ability to force the issue. ;)