Page 170: What I fear...

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Murph

Re: Page 170: What I fear...

Post by Murph »

Tempo’s answer reminds me of the naive enthusiasm shown by the chums battalions in WWI, and all those in the US who rushed to enlist after Pearl Harbor. My great uncle had stories about his entry into WWII, he said for him, the naive enthusiasm it lasted until Ploesti. He said when he returned across the mediterranean with only two engines running, and everyone except him and the ball turret gunner dead, and both of them wounded, it took the joy out of it for him. He ended the war in a B-29 squadron on Tinian. But he said after Ploesti he had no more illusions having "seen the elephant".

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi
boldilocks wrote:Surely eating in groups is a loroi cultural norm, not taboo?
It's been said on the forums before that Loroi do not have a communal eating instinct like humans do. They see it like a bodily function, and there are certain taboos about eating in front of others. (Eating in front of males especially, I think was a thing. But I forget the specifics.)

SaintofM

Post by SaintofM »

right now space is at a premium, especially if they want to keep a low profile. Some normalities would need to go out the window

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

I checked the insider; according to it loroi who've been through the diral band experience find it difficult/unusual to eat alone, but also difficult to eat in front of a male. (And also presumably in front of a nursing female.)

Snoofman

Post by Snoofman »

Something I nerver noticed until now; what is that green/tel colored pad Spiral is holding. Data pad?

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Snoofman wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:11 am
Something I nerver noticed until now; what is that green/tel colored pad Spiral is holding. Data pad?
It's a packet of food.