What Is Your Favorite Comicbook Character and Why?

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Cthulhu

Re: What Is Your Favorite Comicbook Character and Why?

Post by Cthulhu »

G. Janssen wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:01 pm
Look at what I did. All this serious talk made Beryl sad. Came across it on Bing. Bing says it's on Deviantart, but when I search for it on Deviantart there's no trace of it. Author is Koori101.
No trace? It's right here, you know?

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

I had to post this from Koori because I found it hilarious.

I would not be surprised if Koori is female judging by the chosen name which sounds feminine plus the subject matter of the joke post... but who knows?

It's just a guess... only thing certain is that Russians have a sense of humor and they can also be bold and daring.

https://www.deviantart.com/koori101/art ... -909566123

I only knew one as a coworker, who actually grew upset with me for asking about his homeland so much.

He initially did not tell me where he was from and as I was in my teens at the time... lets just say I tended to have a lot less of a filter than I do now.

For example, I literally had to fight the urge NOT to ask about a person's disability or handicap right after meeting them or even days after.

Anyway I remarked on several occasions how he did not seem like he was from around here, because he never told me where when I asked. Finally I learned he was from Russia (because another coworker told me) and I said I knew it, since he did not seem like he was from around here (palest guy I worked with, and believe it or not white people have skin tones that vary in color and his was different than everyone else's at the job).

That made him livid, so much that his skin... actually began to show some color. Red.

He began walking toward me saying "Oh you think *repeated what I said*"

I backed off surprised, since while I did not fear him, I was unaware I had offended him and was surprised I did.

Other coworkers noticed and calmed him down and I told him I meant nothing by it I just wanted to know where he was from because he did not seem to be from around here and he would not tell me.

That still did not go over well lol, but he calmed down and I kept my distance from him for the remainder of time that he worked at the store, which was maybe about a month before he either quit or was terminated, since I never found out.

G. Janssen

Post by G. Janssen »

Cthulhu wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:52 pm
G. Janssen wrote:
Look at what I did. All this serious talk made Beryl sad. Came across it on Bing. Bing says it's on Deviantart, but when I search for it on Deviantart there's no trace of it. Author is Koori101.
No trace? It's right here, you know?
Let's try again.

I see the image in the Bing search engine.
I click on it.
It says it's on Deviantart.
I open the page it's supposedly on.
Deviantart opens and shows several loroi-ish drawings, but not this one.
I manually search for 'loroi' on Deviantart.
I wish I had not searched manually for 'loroi' on Deviantart.
I stop screaming.
See that there are 8k images more.
I stop searching.
Search term 'beryl' shows 34k images and the fact that many more characters are called Beryl.
Entering 'koori101' reveals planes, trains and mononokes.
Entering 'koori101 beryl' finally shows the pic after scrolling. By now I realize that he/she is most likely not the author.

Conclusion: Bing s*cks.

G. Janssen

Post by G. Janssen »

Bamax wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:10 pm
and believe it or not white people have skin tones that vary in color
Yep. White, pink, slight yellowish, slightly brown.. Even seen a few old people who looked greyish.

You know why most white countries have the colors red white and blue in their flags?
Because whites turn red in the summer when they stay in the sun too long and blue in the winter when they stay in the cold too long.

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

G. Janssen wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:48 pm
Bing? What did you even expect? :lol:
G. Janssen wrote:
AAAAAAArghShow
:shock:
Okay, this time, you really owe me a bottle of brain bleach. Preferably vodka or single malt.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

G. Janssen wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:00 pm
Bamax wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:10 pm
and believe it or not white people have skin tones that vary in color
Yep. White, pink, slight yellowish, slightly brown.. Even seen a few old people who looked greyish.

You know why most white countries have the colors red white and blue in their flags?
Because whites turn red in the summer when they stay in the sun too long and blue in the winter when they stay in the cold too long.
LOL I believe you.

Yeah... as I worked in a store in my teens I saw tourists visit, often either from Europe or Japan.

Oddest sight I ever saw but still beautiful was some yellow skinned blond girl from I forget which European country.

If I actually knew her I probably would have nicknamed her sunshine lol... because she literally had a golden tint what with the yellowish skin and the blond hair.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Cthulhu wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:12 pm
G. Janssen wrote:
G. Janssen wrote:
AAAAAAArghShow
Okay, this time, you really owe me a bottle of brain bleach. Preferably vodka or single malt.
This is why warriors dislike civillians.

And now I wanna see Emberwing have a nightmare about herself turning into this... even Fireblade is laughing out loud at her in her dream lol.

And Stillstorm is like "Forget what I said about everything."

"But!"

"Everything!"

Emberwing wakes up in a cold sweat.
Last edited by Bamax on Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G. Janssen

Post by G. Janssen »

Cthulhu wrote:
G. Janssen wrote:
G. Janssen wrote:
AAAAAAArghShow
Soroin Pideir Seven Mountains was legendary among her fellow warriors. Whenever she would come across a hardtrooper she would jump and sit on it, causing it to magically disappear.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

G. Janssen wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:29 pm
Cthulhu wrote:
G. Janssen wrote:
G. Janssen wrote:
AAAAAAArghShow
Soroin Pideir Seven Mountains was legendary among her fellow warriors. Whenever she would come across a hardtrooper she would jump and sit on it, causing it to magically disappear.
Excellent choice of name lol.

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Bamax wrote:
even Fireblade is laughing out loud at her in her dream lol.
Beryl's revenge will be swift, merciless, and cunning.
G. Janssen wrote:
Blaster shots would simply bounce off her mighty frame, and her powerful gait was sure to make even the hardest trooper quake.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Cthulhu wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:54 pm
Bamax wrote:
even Fireblade is laughing out loud at her in her dream lol.
Beryl's revenge will be swift, merciless, and cunning.
G. Janssen wrote:
Blaster shots would simply bounce off her mighty frame, and her powerful gait was sure to make even the hardest trooper quake.

I think both Alex and Fireblade would both payback Beryl.

Fireblade for obvious reasons, Alex because I honestly think Fireblade is going to be throwing him around enough initially that Alex would rue the day he married her.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

G. Janssen wrote:
Bamax wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:05 pm
What are morals anyway?
Ideally, morals are the prevailing standards of behavior that enable people to live cooperatively in groups. But quite often they are a means of control.
Humans are by nature moral creatures regardless of how screwed up they may become in life.
True. Monsters are made. Not born.
I think what one man said is very true for most humans:
He chooses not to do stupid or bad things out of love for himself and others, not because he fears some sky father (not his exact words but you get the gist).
Blaise Pascal and Marcus Aurelius agree with that man. Or maybe one of them was that man.
I can honestly tell you the reason I did not eliminate my abusive father while I was growing up was mostly out of love for myself and any future I could have later, despite being raised in a strict religous household.
Good choice. There's nothing wrong with loving yourself. I think there's also nothing wrong with placing yourself first in many situations. You can probably guess that I was on the Nietzschean side in the sci fi series Andromeda. Another unpopular opinion that I have is that any person should at least have one enemy or obstacle in his/her life, because it helps to become a complete, well rounded person. Within limits of course. Child abuse is unacceptable. My halfsister, who I didn't know I had until 3 years ago, was mentally abused by her mother. She still turned out okay. Although there are scars. Her mother was mentally ill, so I can't blame her. But my father abandoned her while he knew what was happening. I never met him, because my mother abandoned him. Irony's a bitch.

On the other side of the spectrum we find the College Millennials. Everything that's "bad", "scary" or "unsafe" has been removed from their lives. The result? When they discover that their name has been misspelled on their Starbucks cup, they start crying, post the "grave injustice" on TikTok and tweet that they now have PTST due to "nameism". Maybe Western countries should bring back military draft and clone a legion of Gunnery Sergeant Hartmans.
Those that do stupid and bad things that make them or others suffer do it because they do not love either of them enough not to.
Or because they love what is bad or stupid more than they love themselves or others (addicts of any kind really until they break free).
About a third of the people who were abused as kids, abuse theirs. And many of them don't want to. The human mind is a complex thing. I believe it is possible for someone to truly love someone and still, at times, hurt them due to trauma.

Here is the link to the original https://www.deviantart.com/koori101/art ... -477150111

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

I love the classics specifically The Shadow we are talking about someone who deals in justice with no option for mercy in contrast to the pale copy known as Batman. The Shadow would never allows the joker to run rampant in the city the way the Batman did. In all its a much better tale really shame that the Shadow never got to the point of popularity of something like batman.

G. Janssen

Post by G. Janssen »

Bamax wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:24 pm
Oddest sight I ever saw but still beautiful was some yellow skinned blond girl from I forget which European country.

If I actually knew her I probably would have nicknamed her sunshine lol... because she literally had a golden tint what with the yellowish skin and the blond hair.
White skin can turn yellow to orange when people eat too many carrots or tomatoes.
It's called Lycopenemia when it's from tomatoes and Carotenemia when it's from carrots. It's temporary and harmless.
And this is what happens if a white person drinks a daily dose of colloidal silver.
His name was Paul Karason. Also known as Papa Smurf.

There's also a genetic condition called Methemoglobinemia that can turn people grey or even Loroi blue.
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/inter ... d=20368758

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Fugates

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

G. Janssen wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:19 am
Bamax wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:24 pm

White skin can turn yellow to orange when people eat too many carrots or tomatoes.
It's called Lycopenemia when it's from tomatoes and Carotenemia when it's from carrots. It's temporary and harmless.
And this is what happens if a white person drinks a daily dose of colloidal silver.
His name was Paul Karason. Also known as Papa Smurf.

There's also a genetic condition called Methemoglobinemia that can turn people grey or even Loroi blue.
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/inter ... d=20368758

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Fugates
Oh the girl was a lot more yellow... actually to be honest more of a golden yellow.

Did you know carrots change the color of non-whites too?

In school I would eat lots of carrots and my skin would look orange too.

Granted, my skin is already the color of pancakes, but with the carrots it becomes more orangy.

And the sliver guy was crazy. I think even his insides were gray when they examined him after he passed away.

Fun fact: Some things people take for granted as safe are actually toxic.

How many parties do the young drink beer from plastic cups?

Bad idea.

I literally drank from plastic cups only for a week due to the draconian rules on washing dushes my mom had (nothing in sink you must wash whatever cup or plate you use or put in diswasher, which often was not possible as it was already full).

After that I noticed I felt queasy each time abd spat the water out.

So I did research online and learned that any liquid in plastic cups aborvs some of thw toxins of the plastic, the longer it sits tge more you get.

And if you do not drink a cup of water in two minutes or less you are bound to get some from the plastic cup.

Styrofoam is worse... especially drinking hot coffee out f them.

Paper is only somewhat better, since plastic coatings and glues are used to make them leakproof.

So basically drinking anything acidic (alcohol or soda) or hot (coffee) out of plastic containers is toxic.

G. Janssen

Post by G. Janssen »

Bamax wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:54 pm
Did you know carrots change the color of non-whites too?
Yes, but I think it's most visible on the handpalms and footsoles with darker skinned people.
In school I would eat lots of carrots and my skin would look orange too.
You'd be popular in Holland on Kings Day. Not kidding.
Granted, my skin is already the color of pancakes, but with the carrots it becomes more orangy.
American pancakes I assume. :) Because Dutch/Belgian/French pancakes look like this:

American pancakes:
Fun fact: Some things people take for granted as safe are actually toxic.

How many parties do the young drink beer from plastic cups?

Bad idea.

I literally drank from plastic cups only for a week due to the draconian rules on washing dushes my mom had (nothing in sink you must wash whatever cup or plate you use or put in diswasher, which often was not possible as it was already full).

After that I noticed I felt queasy each time abd spat the water out.

So I did research online and learned that any liquid in plastic cups absorbs some of the toxins of the plastic, the longer it sits the more you get.

And if you do not drink a cup of water in two minutes or less you are bound to get some from the plastic cup.

Styrofoam is worse... especially drinking hot coffee out f them.

Paper is only somewhat better, since plastic coatings and glues are used to make them leakproof.

So basically drinking anything acidic (alcohol or soda) or hot (coffee) out of plastic containers is toxic.
Yes. Take a plastic bottle of Coke and a glass bottle and you can taste the difference. The plastic's plasticizers leech into the liquid. What's worse than the difference in taste is that the chemical structure of the classic plasticizers (phtalates) makes them act like estrogen. There's more than enough evidence to say that they play at least a role in the decline of male fertility.

Styrene can cause cancer and nerve damage. Unreacted styrene in polystyrene containers will get into food & drinks. It should never be used with hot food or drinks. As a rule of thumb, a chemical reaction doubles in speed with every 10 degrees Celcius / Kelvin increase in temperature.

Handling styrene, urethane, polyester and epoxy with your bare hands before they have hardened, *will* cause nerve damage sooner or later. It just depends on how sensitive you are, how often you touch it, the surface of your skin that comes into contact and how long you live. Urethane and styrene also cause cancer with enough exposure.

If you break grandma's porcelain statue and decide to mix some 2-component epoxy glue to fix it, wear gloves.

If the work consists of treating large surfaces, use compressed air or something to avoid breathing the vapors.
https://bijwerkingenvanwerk.nl/en/lamin ... ade-geven/

Keklas Rekobah

Post by Keklas Rekobah »

I worked for Dart Container.  The expansion agent they use in Styrofoam is Pentane, which is only one carbon and one hydrogen atom from Benzene -- a known carcinogen.

My church, my home, my former employer (I am retired), and many of my former employer's clients have banned Styrofoam from their premises and official functions due to my efforts.

This is my revenge for having been fired from Dart for "asking too many questions" about the health and safety of their workers and end-users.
“Qua is the sine qua non of sine qua non qua sine qua non.” -- Attributed to many

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Keklas Rekobah wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:32 am
I worked for Dart Container.
Darth Container? A weird name for a Sith Lord. It does explain the evilness, though.

gaerzi

Post by gaerzi »

American bread contains azodicarbonamide and potassium bromate.

American cereals contain butylated hydroxyanisole and butylated hydroxytoluene.

All these substances are known carcinogens that are banned in basically the rest of the developed world. Bon appétit !

G. Janssen

Post by G. Janssen »

gaerzi wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:10 am
American bread contains azodicarbonamide and potassium bromate.

American cereals contain butylated hydroxyanisole and butylated hydroxytoluene.

All these substances are known carcinogens that are banned in basically the rest of the developed world. Bon appétit !
How to tell where your food is from.
USA: first ingredient on the list is "corn syrup". The list ends with "gluten free". Packaging shows a healthy, fit persona.
Venezuela: there's nothing inside the packaging.
China: analysis of any meat: dog. Analysis of any oil: sewage.
Canada: whatever it is, it's ten times the price it is in other countries.
India: when put in a petri dish to test for bacteria, the food first eats the contents of the petri dish, then the petri dish itself.
Spain/Portugal: the meat content of any canned meat is around 35% meat.
Sweden: hold breath, hold can, pull pin to remove lid, throw into neighbouring backyard that's downwind and take cover. It's Swedish if the neighbors begin to vomit after smelling the contents.
Netherlands: whatever it is, it's made of mashed potatoes and a mashed vegetable. One can choose between kale, sauerkraut, carrot, cabbage, spinach or beets for variation. May contain some pieces of sliced sausage that are mashed into the rest of the mass. Maybe some gravy. Mash thoroughly before eating.
Italy: whatever it is, it's made of durum wheat flour, tomatoes and basil. Maybe cheese.
Japan: open the packaging. If the fish inside is still moving, then it's from Japan.