sorry stupid question

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

manticore7

sorry stupid question

Post by manticore7 »

Correct me if I'm wrong but does Tempo out-rank Still-Storm? the last pannel of 62 seems to idicate this to me.
"Worlds governed by artificial intelligence often learned a hard lesson, Logic doesn't care"
Andromeda season 2 episode 6 All too Human

Siber

Re: sorry stupid question

Post by Siber »

I expect it's situational. In matters relating to first contact with an alien race and collecting intelligence on a potential powerful new combatant? Tempo probably gets last say there. Ordering ships around in combat? Prrrrobably Stillstorm's domain.
Atomic Space Race, a hard sci-fi orbital mechanics puzzle game.
Homeworld Fulcrum, a Homeworld Remastered Mod

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Tempo is subordinate to Stillstorm, and is technically not part of the chain of command (regulations prohibit a Mizol from taking command of a vessel). However, in addition to being a diplomat, a Mizol is a sort of "political officer", and can in certain circumstances put pressure on a commanding officer, overrule her, or even -- in rare circumstances -- have her removed from command, if she deviates from her orders.

captainsmirk

Post by captainsmirk »

On a slightly related note is there a reason that Stillstorm's rank insignia only starts glowing on page 73 or is it simply a change in artistic style?

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

The rank tabs are lit as a sign that the officer is on duty at a bridge position. Prior to that point, Stillstorm was just standing/sitting listening to the diplomatic discussion. Note that Tempo's, Beryl's, and Fireblade's tabs are also not lit.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

Arioch wrote:The rank tabs are lit as a sign that the officer is on duty at a bridge position. Prior to that point, Stillstorm was just standing/sitting listening to the diplomatic discussion. Note that Tempo's, Beryl's, and Fireblade's tabs are also not lit.
ether is alex tabs... oh wait nevermind.

Nice attention to detail captainsmirk.