172: See something you like? 

Post 172: See something you like?

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:57 pm

Post Re: 172: See something you like?
Not sure why Jardin is that alarmed.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:33 pm

hi hi

If I'm reading this right, Alex is shocked by the implant that Fireblade seems to have.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:59 pm
Profile WWW

Yes nicely played Jim bravo on the fan service shot but I doubt Alex was looking at her rear what and why did he freak out over fire blade? Also should I go into hiding over looking at fireblade like that?

Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:04 pm

Voitan wrote:

Busted admiring fireblade's butt

Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:15 pm

I love Tallens shit eating grin, and what she's saying. "Go ahead, tiger. Hit that. No, that is not the smell of popcorn poping, nore is that the sound of our medic getting the first aid kit out.

I think he is surprised to see her either in a moment of weakness (tuching her head might be her way of dealing with headaches or blocking everything out), and the look she is giving is more demure than the usual indiferent glare or anger. Granted she has a pretty flat affect so might be hard to tell.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:00 pm

CrimsonFALKE wrote:
Voitan wrote:

Busted admiring fireblade's butt

Busted looking would be more of an embarrassment sign, a blush you would think. This looks more like surprise & a little fear perhaps. Fireblade certainly gave him the dagger-eyed look; but then she never looks at him any other way I think. Did she 'reach' him with a thought or feeling? Her expression would make me think it wasn't a pleasant one if she did.

Although Talon seems to be having a bit of fun with the moment.

Another conjecture: have we seen the Loroi use implants before? Is Fireblade hiding something? Is her behavior towards Alex part of her warrior training & culture or is it also a personal distaste.
Well crafted. This looks like a teaser to a larger reveal. Many ponderables.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:17 pm

Not helping, Talon.

And I think I've read something in Insider (and we actually used that tidbit in Beacons) that Loroi have an inherent aversion to body modifications beyond an occasional tattoo or an earring. So yes, Fireblade noticing Alex's attention to her implant would be reason enough to set her on edge.

It's much like Go on, say something. Give me one reason to turn you into fine red mist.

And I think Alex is pretty much surprised that - in his view - Fireblade must have felt his attention on her, since it was established fact that Loroi have problems to pick up anything from a human.

Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:48 pm

God damn - I adore Talon

That grin is something I aspire to be capable off.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:54 am

novius wrote:
And I think Alex is pretty much surprised that - in his view - Fireblade must have felt his attention on her, since it was established fact that Loroi have problems to pick up anything from a human.

OR, one of the loroi who noticed alex staring at her let her know. Talon, perhaps, going for something like "you have an admirer"

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:41 am

The why I read it, Enzin was fixing his attention on either the implant or her very human expression. And Fireblade wasn't amused, probably because she hates showing weakness, specially to an outsider alien.
And I concur, Talon is best space elf.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:41 am

raistlin34 wrote:
The why I read it, Enzin was fixing his attention on either the implant or her very human expression. And Fireblade wasn't amused, probably because she hates showing weakness, specially to an outsider alien.
And I concur, Talon is best space elf.

No, Spiral is.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:34 am

boldilocks wrote:
novius wrote:

OR, one of the loroi who noticed alex staring at her let her know. Talon, perhaps, going for something like "you have an admirer"

Also humans notice sometimes, out of the corner of their eyes, that they are being watched.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:36 am

To answer Talon's question. "Yes. Yes I do."

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:03 am

I think Talon is going to be "that friend" that always says something inappropriate and/or cringeworthy when you are out somewhere.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:37 am

Murph wrote:
I think Talon is going to be "that friend" that always says something inappropriate and/or cringeworthy when you are out somewhere.

Makes me wonder what she actually had in mind when she asked/suggested to talk about "something else".

Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:40 am

Murph wrote:

We salute you talon!

Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:24 pm

Do the Loroai have an equivolent of Belle Notte, but because I can see Tallon and Spiral with a madalin and a Accordian playing them around Space Harpy and Jardin right now.

This Is the Night (Alex and Fireblade reach for the last meatball), the most beutiful night (they look into eachother eyes), and they call it Belle Notte (she she force pushes him through a wall).

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:38 pm

icekatze wrote:
hi hi

If I'm reading this right, Alex is shocked by the implant that Fireblade seems to have.

Given what Arioch has said recently in the Terran Q&A thread, I wouldn't be surprised if Alex is shocked by the implant because the general culture in the TCA is against cybernetics.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:00 pm

icekatze wrote:
hi hi

Yep, I think it's pretty clear from the sequence of panels 3 & 4. I'm sure he's seen a backside before, and I reckon that if this were a 'busted' moment, panels 4 & 5 would have been swapped.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:44 pm

Me, a primitive 21st century human, unmoved by the augmentation of aliens in the mid 22nd century.
Jardin, a primitive 22nd century human, freaked out by a blue tooth accessory for the psychic nighty cramps.

It doesn't even look that out of place for a person with a hearing aid, but given the character, probably related to her psychic abilities.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:33 am

Maybe the implant doesn't shock him in itself. It could make Alex question whether telepathy is technological in nature instead of natural.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:45 am

I'm wondering if we're gonna get a lore dump of Terra in the year 2020 where out of control, wild gangs of augmented humans had to be put down, and strictly regulated for their punk attitudes, and reckless trigger disciplines.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:54 am

Voitan wrote:
I'm wondering if we're gonna get a lore dump of Terra in the year 2020 where out of control, wild gangs of augmented humans had to be put down, and strictly regulated for their punk attitudes, and reckless trigger disciplines.

I too am looking forward to Cyberpunk 2020 2077.

edit add:
I wonder if Fireblade can 'feel' Jardin's attention (perhaps the way Jardin was able to sense where Fireblade was when the lap-elf thing was happening)...

Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:56 am
Site Admin

I don't think neural implants are going to work as well as people expect them to. Human brains are not computers; they don't have a central data bus that you can jack into and easily upload and download data. Learning to use an implant will require extensive and difficult training/therapy; from what I understand, people trying to learn how to use neural implants to control things like artificial limbs are encountering great difficulty. I think only a few have mastered even basic control.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next