[RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Suederwind

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)

Post by Suederwind »

After checking my notes again, I think I should point out that the shape of the icosahedron in the cargo area is that of a regular icosahedron. Like this: Link Its not one of the more freaky icosahedrons, just a boring regular one. ;) And no, it does not rotate and does have a pearl white color, like porceline.
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Nice post, sunphoenix. Working on something new, hope to finish it tomorrow.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Will try to finish a new post tomorrow, sorry for the delay.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

No stress fella! :)
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Ah, well... Been a while since I last used this thread. Sorry for the delay.
Anyway, as we are down to only two players, I would like to ask if you are okay to speed up things a little and jump forward to the jump into the next system. The reason is: We spend more than enough time in the current one, would make progressing the story easier and will have some new challenges for the players. Anyway, that will only happen after the next post from each player, so you won't have to rewrite anything. Would you be ok with that?

And, as I am still working on the next post, I thought I could tell you a bit about the first draft of that story for the RP that I had in mind in the meantime, or the "Cydonia Rising that never was" so to call. Not sure if some one is interested in that old ideas. The reason behind posting that is, that I looked into some old notes lately.
The first draft/idea was very different than the current one. I had writen those first ideas down, after listening to Jeff Waynes - War of the Worlds, especially the title "Forever autumn". Not so much the story, but that hopless and sad mood. The story would have been equaly as sad and dark. A lot of dying NPCs (and possible player characters), very limited resources and a harsh struggle to survive. The setting would be somthing like that the Umiak had found earth before humanity could send out the scouts. Humanity had to surrender to them and only one old ship would be able to get help: the Cydonia (humanitiys last ship, with the shells trying to destroy them). So it would have been some kind of Space Battleship Yamato / Battlestar Galactica type of story, very dark in mood and with a bucket of rust instead of a top notch spaceship.
Not sure if such a story would have been better, but we had a lot of players new to RPGs in general on board, so I decided against it. Such a story would most likely not have been fun for starters. What do you think?
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

I can understand your reticence to use such a plot.. and I think.. that not withstanding was was a good choice to avoid. PbP is a medium that few can get their heads around ...so the falling off of players is not your fault. Some people are intimidated by the prospect of having to write creatively and as such PbP is not for them. I'm currently playing like 12 PbP games in various systems and genres...so I GET and have HAD a lot of practice "polishing" my writng skills so its Very natural to me to try to write interesting and entertaining posts... my characters can easily 'chew' on the scenery and I can make Sonni just walking down a hallway seem interesting.. at least that's my hope!

But for the record I'm glad you went with the current story-line instead. I just wish 'Charlie's' player were still with us.. it would be easier to RP the slowly budding romance.. but I can improvise.. :)
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Yeah, I personally prefer IRC to forums as a role-playing medium. :/
Don't delay, join today!

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

@sunphenix:
To be able to write creatively is indeed the most important part of roleplaying over the internet or mail. Its not as dynamic as a regular pen&paper rpg session and some people just want more action. Something I didn't think of, as I created that story.
And for the record: I like this funnier and happier version of the story better, too. However, that doesn't mean that the current story can't be sad and/or dark (see the background of snow-white).

@Carl Miller:
Why do you prefer IRC based RPGs over forum based ones?
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

I'm not sure, I just always have. :/
Don't delay, join today!

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

First things first: thank you, sunphoenix for the manual. Very helpfull stuff. I would like to add the rules me made up so far to that thread, if you are ok with that.

Second, but equally important:
+50 xp for sunphoenix and +25xp for Beliskner; because of good roleplaying.
I would like to remind you to count your post, as we have this 10 post equals 1 xp point rule.

And last but not least:
I will modify my last post, that the time till the next jump is 5 minutes, might change a few lines accordingly. The reason is, that we can start a new chapter faster and in the meantime you will be able to level up and spent your hard earned xp points. I hope thats alright with you.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sounds cool fella! And thanks...though..lol.. I would caution... THAT is a lot of XP in the BESM system! Massive changes can occur with that many Xp! :) So as a responsible player and a GM of many games myself.. I will spend that xp very slowly to represent a gradual improvement of Sonnidezzi-Stormrage.

I would ALSO like to invite ANY who are interested to join our game if the interest motivates them... its not the Sonnidezzi show after all! :) We have plenty of room for new players and quite a few openings for new human characters or Loroi... Me and Bel don't need to have ALL the fun!

To that I have added the Links to all the Cydonia Rising Threads here... You can Also find them by clicking my post link to Sonnidezzi's character at the bottom of any and all of my posts in the footer... as all the link are on my character sheet at the bottom as well...

CYDONIA RISING Campaign -
RP
[RP]Cydonia Rising (Technical Manual)
[RP]Cydonia Rising (Ship Data)
[RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)
[RP]Cydonia Rising (Characters)
[RP]Prelude-Cydonia Rising [IC: 'Dying Embers']
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Yeah, thats a lot of xp. Spend it whisely, but tell me what you want to improve, first. ;)
Anyway: thanks for combining all those things. :)
As for anyone who might be interested to join: just feel free to ask! Like sunphoenix said: there is still a lot of room for new players (and old ones that would like to rejoin).
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonnidezi / Stormrage XP Proposed Expenditures -

"Sanzai" Telepathy [Universal; Deplete -3, Unpredictable -2], Range {1 Base} [10m], Range/3 [1km] <+2>, Targets/2 [5 persons] <+2> = Lvl 2, +1 Mind, 1 person {5pts +6xp}

Telekinesis [Deplete -3], Range {1 Base} = Lvl 2, 10kg, 100m, Flight 10m/turn {5pts +8xp}

"Photo-Electric Ion Sail" Space Flight [Deplete -2, Detectable {EM Radar Signature-Large{1} & Visible-Bright 'Light Wings'{2}] = Lvl 2, 1,000kph <+1xp>
- By emitting a large eletrokinetic field Stormrage can erect a solar sail of energy catching free photons and ions from starlight to propel her through the Zero-G of space at significant speeds

“Railgun” Weapon-Alternate [Deplete -1, Detectible -2 {3x Senses: flashy lightning buildup, thunderclap-loud mach speed projectile round, electromagnetic radio distortion/radar return}, Consumable -2 {metal coin or 10mm gauss round}; <(Object) Gauss Rifle -2, Hands-2hd 'Rifle' -1, Backblast-Lv2 -1>] = Lvl 2{4} <4 {8} pts> , Penetrating/3 [-12pts Protection Armor] <+3>, Range/3 [1km] <+3>; Shieldless <-1> {2pts ‘half-cost’ xp}
* TCA Approved Only
- This power can be used 'barehanded' with some small metal coin of "bullet", but is MUCH more effect with a slightly modified Standard Issued TCA Gauss Rifle.. so Sonni would have to have their permission to use one of their Gauss rifles.. slightly modified to use the enhanced damage she could get using a weapon focus for this electrokinetic power.

"Electrotelempathy" Computer Scanning [Deplete -3, Unpredictable -2] Range {1 Base} [10cm] = Lvl 2, Lvl+Mind check, 1 meter radius {3pts xp}
- Stormrage has FINALLY learned to parse through the electronic signals emitted by operating CPUs to understand the flow of data in computers and make sense of the data-streams... linking her nervous system with that of computer processors. However the results can be unpredictable.. and she might be subject to malicious virus or malware ...just like the computer she is interfacing with potentially resulting in headaches, loss of short-term memory or unconsciousness.

Melee Attack {Unarmed} = Lvl 2 {3pts +3xp}
Melee Defense {Unarmed} = Lvl 2 {3pts +3xp}

Aura of Inspiration = Lvl 2; 1 action to use, Military Science [Teamwork]+Soul [TN# 12], 2/per 'session' 'Military Science - Teamwork' {4pts +4xp}

Skill: Computer [Artificial Intelligence, Electronic Warfare, Intrusion/Security] = Lvl 2 {2pts +4xp}
- Spending time Dealing with an interfacing with the CHI Station A.I. has given Sonni new insight into Terran datasystems and security systems... how they work and interface.

Skill: Seduction [Male] = Lvl 2 {+3 Appearance} {2pts +2xp}
- Sonni has never spent as much time around males of a 'compatible' species than she has onboard the Cydonia.. it has given her a lot of time to ponder how they think and what appeals to them.

Total: 36pts xp spent

Hows that? :)
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Sounds okay to me. :)
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

Suederwind wrote:After checking my notes again, I think I should point out that the shape of the icosahedron in the cargo area is that of a regular icosahedron. Like this: Link Its not one of the more freaky icosahedrons, just a boring regular one. ;) And no, it does not rotate and does have a pearl white color, like porceline.
Hey, that is a D20, a twenty sided dice. You got it all wrong, the icosahedron they found is a piece of art produced in secret to be used in an exhibition to celebrate the company's roleplaying divisions 200 year anniversary! :D

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Hi Guys and Girls ;)

I'm back in the neighborhood and was wondering if anybody was willing to continue our little RP story?

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

I'm Always game for a RP Game...!
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

sunphoenix wrote:I'm Always game for a RP Game...!
Same. I'd also love to revive TdSmR but I haven't seen Roeben or Voivinia since then so :(
Don't delay, join today!

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

I was in TdSmR...but I got one post in and no one ever posted again! lol.. but I'd be up for that too!
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

sunphoenix wrote:I was in TdSmR...but I got one post in and no one ever posted again! lol.. but I'd be up for that too!
:D
Don't delay, join today!