[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Roeben

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Post by Roeben »

De Ruyter makes a customary agreement to Ferox, booting up a connection to the shuttle in case he receives any further instructions, and patiently waits for the operation to start. The stims made him feel delightfully uncaring about his possible impending doom, too.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Corporal Fiore looked over to her copilot as they were listening to that Loroi song, but all he could do was raise an eyebrow and look at her with absolute disbelive.

{What was that? Strange people those Loroi... very strange people... Time for something else!}

[Dear passengers, its eta t-45min and our board entertaining service will start shortly, sorry for keeping you waiting...] she pushed a button on her controls and wanted to play one of her favorite songs from a certain Aldean pop band, but instead all she could hear was weird static noise, followed by even stranger music: Link

Then she realized in sudden anger that _all_ her songs had been replaced by 20th century music from someone else. Only one guy aboard could have done this...
[Curse you Metzger! You will pay for deleting my songs! There is no place aboard were I wouldn't find you once I am back!] she yelled in anger into her com unit.

Meanwhile on the bridge:

Captain Blake noticed the somehow smiling weapons officer and could hear him speaking to someone: [Con piacere!]

[Whats so funny, Ensign Metzger?] the Captain said in the typical voice of a Commanding officer noticing something off.

[Nothing sir!] meanwhile the bridge turned to dead silence.

[I hope so, Ensign! Prepare those surprises for our "friends" at the station and stop playing tricks on someone. Understood?]

[Yes sir! It won't happen again, sir!]
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 39

All Charlie learned from the briefing was not to get shot, and that it might take a whole fire team for each target. The atmosphere felt very different from a very days ago, when Charlie was going to help Sonni assault that Umiak boat alone. Honestly, that was going to be a one way trip. This time, however, things felt a lot more possible. There were going to be fatalities, but the mission was looking defiantly possible. No drinks, no movies on this flight, well thats just great.

The Loroi started doing, something. Charlie wasn`t sure what, but he could something was up. They all turned the same way, and they seemed as sharp as a razors edge. They weren`t nervous, no, it looked like they were all listening to something telepathically. Probably more briefing. Having spent so much Loroi recently Charlie was finding it a lot easier to see when they were "talking" amongest themselves, not that it was very difficult in the first place.

Still know that they were talking but being unable to hear was a little vexing, to say the least. Sonni came forward into to everyone's field of view, for some reason the other Loroi seemed unhappy. What was it they were talking about? Something bad? Was Sonni going to tell everyone bad news?
{A Battle Chant, eh? Why not, but, do they not want us to hear? They seem perturbed.}
Charlie was perplexed, the other Loroi didn`t seem to approve, maybe their song was a secret? She seemed to have made the decision to share it herself, it felt endearing to Charlie.

The song itself was an odd one, Charlie didn`t know if he liked it. The words seemed to be about protecting their home-world, or dying trying. Perhaps a noble fate to dying protecting a world, but not one that Charlie really wanted. Sure if he had to he'd fight to the end, but he'd made a promise to try and not die. Still, regardless of the songs meaning, he liked the singer`s voice and the singer herself. He was happy he'd heard it.

The objectives presented were exactly what Charlie expected, with the exception of the Loroi prisoner. The squad he was assigned; Charlie Squad. More of the LC`s humor?

Sonni, Yellow Sun and Ashe-Eyes? Given the number of Marine Troopers on board, the Loroi would probably be the only members of Charlie Squad. Still at least Sonni would be close by, then he'd be able to watch out for her. But considering this squad is mainly Loroi, the Commander may task us with finding the Loroi prisoner. Unless, she might be on the Umiak ship, then it might come around to just railing it before we get there? Charlie was worried though, it had been three days already, and whos knows how long before that the Umiak controlled the station. Things in there were going to be rough. Sonni said that some of the Loroi could find other beings, she hadn`t said anything like that before. He did wounder if they could find Humans too. Still, it was an advantage, and it was a good one.

[Dear passengers, its eta t-45min and our board entertaining service will start shortly, sorry for keeping you waiting...]
{A bit late, we already had the song and dance portion of our flight.}
[I like to dream yes, yes, right between my sound machine...]
{What. Is. This? How is it funny? I don`t get it.}
All Charlie learned was that some one named "Metzger" was going to receive a probable beating. But forty five minutes was feeling a lot longer, Charlie hated wanting like this, minutes would feel like hours. He understood why the were going in unpowered, stealth and what not, but it was going to take forever. And if windows weren`t structural weaknesses, they could just look out a window and see us coming. Assuming radar or whatever the Umiak have don`t see us first.
Last edited by Charlie on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

Ensign de Ruyter quickly used his connection to the Cydonia to shoot a quick message to Metzger, congratulating him, sneaking through the data networks like he always had...

Code: Select all

[Message as Follows:

Congrts,
Was about time that Aldean trash got junked, May suggest replacing her soundtrack w/ some gd old "Year 3000" next? ofc, only after I have vacated.

gr. De Ruyt.]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

After the mission brief as everyone is settling in for the 'eternity' of waiting for the mission to actually proceed walks over to the Marine's weapons rack looking at the stowed rifles and munitions pondering them in silence.

Coming to a decision she turns and ask, "Commander Ferox, may I equip myself with one of your extra Marine Gauss Assault Rifles? I have my sidearm... but there are options one of your rifles, in this case. might make available that my blaster might not cover... or have the range to be effective. I might as well get use to your slug throwers at some point...we may need every available option should situations deterioirate once we engage the enemy."

[ P58 ]
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

After the briefing Hadrid sat at his seat and put on his helmet. On plugging in the visor lighted up and started loading (like starting computer testing hardware and software). Moment later Hadrid could see 'normally'. His visor have interface(like a bit fps game) with compass, communication panel, map ect.

Returning his attention to his hand device he pressed few buttons and new commends appeared at his visor : checking suit's sealing and integrity. He could feel squeezing and lighting up of his suit testing ...test complete...

"Commander Ferox, may I equip myself with one of your extra Marine Gauss Assault Rifles? I have my sidearm... but there are options one of your rifles, in this case. might make available that my blaster might not cover... or have the range to be effective. I might as well get use to your slug throwers at some point...we may need every available option should situations deteriorate once we engage the enemy."

Hadrid looked at loroi and answered with digital altered voice [Do you have any training with such things? Sergeant Aldridge give her crash course and make sure she doesn't make a hole it the shuttle.]

POST 37

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonnidezzi smiles slightly, "Thank you Commander Ferox. The Union has a similar conventional slug thrower rifle for our ground forces... but our rifles use a much smaller rounds... I think closer to your equivalent 4mm? But our rifles are VRF smoothbore... er~ they have a much higher.. 'muzzle velocity', perhaps 5 to 10 times higher than your rifles. I am trained in their use ... but these rifles I would appreciate a ...'crash course' if you mean by that some field instruction in the weapon's operation and use."

But she does not wait for an answer taking a Gauss Assault Rifle from the rack... holding it appropriately, her finger outside the trigger loop. She slings the rifle across her body... barrel down and walks over to sit down next to Charlie... a guarded smile of delight dawning upon her lovely face...

[ P59 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 40

"Do you have any training with such things? Sergeant Aldridge give her crash course and make sure she doesn't make a hole in the shuttle."
"Sure thing, commander."
"...I would appreciate a ...'crash course' if you mean by that some field instruction in the weapon's operation and use."
"Yep, thats generally what a 'crash course' is."
Before Charlie, or the Commander for that matter, even had the chance to say; "Grab a rifle", she had ready gotten one. She instinctively avoid the trigger, and had the weapon down and safe. It was clear she already had experience with various weapons. Charlie could have easily explained it from just about anywhere on the shuttle or off, considering the radios. Still, it was nice to be bale to sit next to her.

Charlie toggled the radio to speak to Sonni.
"Well, considering you are fully trained in the use of Infantry weapons, I won`t bother explaining which end is dangerous and why not to look down the barrel."
That wasn`t much more than a weak joke in honesty, just he needed a reasonable excuse as to why he was happy that this particular Loroi was sitting so close. Still he pressed on. He pointed to the near the trigger guard, specifically the safety, on his own rifle.
"This here is the weapons safety. The White Bullet which has an X through it, is safe. The gun won`t fire if it is locked to safe. Toggle it to the Red Bullet, and it`s ready to fire."
She really didn`t need such a long winded explanation, she could probably guess must of it functions just by looking at it. Still, he was enjoying being so close, even fully armored and in an airless environment.
"This screen here, shows how many rounds you have left. It also shows what type of ammo is loaded. A Mag has thirty six rounds of ten Millimeter, and the rifle fires in bursts of three. That leaves you with twelve chances. You'll only have one type of ammo worth worrying about, the Red Tag AP ammo. It`s made for eating through armor but it'll kill unarmored targets all the same, but it'll pass right through them. In this case I don`t think over-penetration will be a problem."
Sooni was far better a learner than he, himself had been when she tried to teach him the controls of the shuttle. Granted, she was already familiar with rifles of this sort, and Charlie wasn`t a pilot.
"There is various sensors up on the front of the rifle. Most of the information is fed into our helmets, so you won`t be able to get what we get. But, the rifle will detect the signatures of the Marine Combat Armor, it won`t be able to fire on any of the Marines. Unfortunately, Loroi armors aren`t equipped with the same transmitter, but it shouldn't be a problem for you. Marines can track Loroi signatures with our helmets, as you've been linked, so friendly fire won`t be an issue. If there`s any Security Forces left on that station, we'll need to watch our fire, besides that I can`t think of anything important."
Charlie points to the Magazine Ejection Button.
"This button here ejects the magazine."
Charlie presses the button to demonstrate.
"To reload, just slide a new mag in, you'll feel a click in your hand, when you feel the click it`s locked. Thats all you need, you'd be ready to rock."
Charlie pondered for a second on anything he might have missed.
"Oh, yes. It is extremely unlikely, but the gun can jam from a build up of unburned material, it doesn`t happen very often. In the unlikely case it does, you can trade rifles with me, we are trained to strip em in 3 minutes or less."
Charlie reached into the integrated armor webbing and pulled a mag out. He gingerly held it out to Sonni. It wasn`t traditional flowers and chocolates, but it was a present, sort of.
"Here, have this."

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonni sat close to Charlie as he explained... her armored thigh touching his on the narrow troop bench. Though pleased being so close she was indeed paying close attention to his instruction.

Hefting the rifle in hand Sonni closes her eyes and concentrates... sitting this close Charlie can feel a slight tingle in his limbs and on his tongue as a light electrical current fills her immediate presence. A harmless arc of static electricity ripples down the length of the rifle's stock, receiver and barrel... playing lightly across the weapon briefly.

Opening her eyes she smiles and the tingling vanishes, "Ah.. I see.. the power source for the Rifle is in the ammo magazine along with the caseless rounds. The accelerator coils of your rifle design... are quite robust! You could accelerate a round to much higher velocities... if you had more power to apply. Excellent!"

"I may ask at some point if I could see you field-strip one of these rifles... perhaps a slight modification of one for my personal use if we need to engage in additional military operations."

"Oh... where is the select-fire switch to set it to single-shot or burst fire?"

GAME TERMS -
Modifications: To give some idea of what Sonni is thinking when she says 'modifications' is to remove or at least disable the electronic digital components of a gauss rifle and remove the power cell from the magazine clip. This will effectively make the weapon non-functional for any normal use... but for HER - she can provide the power to put far more power into the weapon's accelerator coils than the human cells provide. Doing this would fry the normal electronics of the weapons... hence the need to disable or remove them, but would allow her to get quite a bit more damage and penetration out of the rifle using it as a focus for her powers! A NEW power she will buy with character points. But none of this will be done now.. this is for the future IF and only IF it is approved of course.

{Experimental} “Railgun” Weapon-Alternate [Deplete -1, Detectible -2 {3x Senses: flashy lightning buildup, thunderclap-loud mach speed projectile round, electromagnetic radio distortion/radar return}, Consumable -2 {metal coin or 10mm gauss round}, (Object) Gauss Rifle -2] = Lvl 2{3} <4 {6} pts> , Penetrating/3 [-12pts Protection Armor] <+3>, Range/3 [1km] <+3>; Shieldless <-1> {2pt ‘half-cost’}
* With Psi-Amp... Weapon = Lvl 6!

[ P60; +1xp ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Okay here we go again...]

In the shuttle:

After some discussions, it had gone quite for a while in the shuttle. Everyone was concentrating on that mission now, checking his weapons one last time and her copilot was even praying. Maybe some divine help wasn't the worst thing to hope for. It was t-10min and 30sec now, as Fiore could tell from a quick look on her instruments. The occupied station could now be seen clearly in the frontal window of the shuttlecraft. A big, ugly box surrounded by debris and a large spacebug attached to it, she thought. The only thing she was nervous right now were those "surprises" the captain was talking about. She knew that Metzger was kind of trigger-happy, but she wasn't sure if he would hit the right target...

Meanwhile on the bridge:

The Captain was looking up from his teacup. It was almost dead silent on the bridge. The mainscreen showed the damaged and apparently occupied station with that alien ship, as well as a countdown. He and the enigmatic Loroi watched closely as the Countdown reached the t-10 minutes mark.

[Ensign Metzger, are our "surprises" ready?] he asked.

[Wrapped in fancy paper and ribbons, sir!]

This one time the sphinx like face of the Mizol changed, showing surprise...

[Fine, Ensign. Send them over!]

[Roger that!] the Ensign replied with a bright smile on his face.

Back in the shuttle

[OOC: I rolled a dice to check what will happen: 1 something very good, 2-10 everything will be okay, 11-19 minor problems, 20 disaster. I rolled a 2 lucky bastards! ;) ]

Fiore starred at her instruments, it was t-2 minutes and 45 sec. now and they were almost there. Had they been spotted? Was the enemy aware of their presence?
Till now everything went fine. No reaction on the station or the Umiak ship. All was quite over there. But as she looked on her sensors she knew everything was going to be alright. Shortly thereafter 4 fusionwarheads from Cydonia were cut into pieces from a Umiak point defense weapon and harmlessly exploded in some distance. But thanks to that, she was able to safely enter one of the stations pressure locks that leads to the upper shuttlebay.

{Good, the automatic is still working... just wait a few moments till that light turns green and we can enter...} she thought to herself and then opened a com frequency.

[Fiore here: thank you for flying with us today, we will land shortly and we hope that you enjoyed your flight...]
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: I somehow have forgotten to post this in the last post from me. Sorry!]

Meanwhile:

De Ruyters could hear a distinctive "ping" from his com-unit.

for de Ruyter
SpoilerShow
Glad you liked the music. Hope you enjoyed the Firework as well. ;-)
Wish you good luck over there!

gr. Metzger
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

At the T-2 minute mark, Sonni touches Charlie and smiles at him to get his attention as she never moved from his side when he instructed her in the use of the Gauss Assault Rifle, "We should get ready to disembark Sergeant... the first few moments of a 'boarding action' are critical..."

With that, it is the only warning, when all together through some unspoken command all the Loroi get up and move to position themselves at the airlock. Helmet visors are shut and sealed as most were open to preserve suit air supplies, weapons are drawn, rifles unslung, and expressions... cold, calm and deadly intent on engaging the enemy.

Sonni slings her Gauss Assault Rifle across body, barrel down, safety off, selector set to single-shot and draws her Heavy Blaster Pistol in her left hand setting the weapon to kill - disabling the electro-laser stun-setting. Her Soroin file in behind her letting her be the one directly facing the airlock door.

Then it begins...

The air in the cabin becomes electrified and panels on the exterior of her Armored Vaccsuit begin to glow with her with her rank color of Cobalt Blue... but also electrokinetic power charges her suit's specialized weapon gauntlets causing their knuckle plates to glow and arc with electrical power... ready to release their disabling charges! There is a... aura of lightning electrical arcs coruscating up and down Stormrage's Vacc-suit and the air around her shimmers as she erects her Tele/Electrokinetic Defense Shield around her body. It is the same effect that was seen when she and Thoughtvenom investigated the human probe on the asteroid...

But this time something new happens... the field lengthens flaring from around her sides and flattens into a field extending from her as she gestures with one armored hand to form a barrier before and wide enough to provide cover for those behind her... a force screen to blunt any incoming fire from defenders should the boarding action be contested.

With that Sonnidezzi floats slightly above the deck plates ready...literally, to fly into battle leading her crewsisters to victory!

Despite this obvious display of power.. her control of the unleashed electrokinetic force causes no disruptions of the shuttle systems her will tightly holding and controlling the power at her command. The other Loroi make no reactions... as if this was wholly expected and... common.

Activate Powers -
”Electro-Static / Telekinetic Shield” Force Field [Deplete -3, Detectible: sight 'arcing lightning'/smell 'ozone' -1] = Lvl 3,
12pts Armor Rating, Regenerating <+1>, Air-Tight <+1xp>, Area/1 [1m radius] <+1> {7 '8' pts}

- Costs: 1 EP
Telekinesis [Deplete -3], Range {1 Base} = Lvl 1, 1kg, 10m, Flight 10m/turn {5pts}
+ Not w/Amplifier {No VPP points allocated}, Costs: 1 EP

Her physical powers active and in standby Sonnidezzi send out her Signature Sensing mind scan... scanning the the surrounding kilometer of space for minds... seeking and pin-pointing the enemy defenders within the Pressure Lock of the Upper shuttlebay and the connecting corridors.

Activate Power -
"Signature Sensing" Sixth Sense [Emotions, Minds; Deplete -3] = Lvl 1, Area {3 Base} [10m r], Range/3 [1km] <+3> {2pts}
- Cost: 1EP

Over the comm-net to the pilot, << ["Corporal Fiore, Stormrage speaking, I am scanning for the presence of enemy minds in the Pressure lock of the Shuttle bay... I'll keep you informed so you can position our boarding action for maximum cover and efficiency..."] >>

Across Sanzai...
SpoilerShow
{"Make ready sisters. Yellow Sun, Cloudsong you will board behind me and immediately crouch and take positions to the left and right respectively to provide covering fire with your rifles. Ashe Eyes, you follow up behind me to add you blaster pistol to any offensive assault I make. Our objective it to secure this landing I'll press forward to scan the connecting corridores holding position at the exit from the shuttle bay. Keep it a clean landing watch for explosive devices set for our entry. There should not be any... but be warry! DEINAR PREVAILS!!!"}
And finally...
Skill: Military Science [Strategy, Tactics, Teamwork] = Mind + 2 + 1{Tactics}; 2d6 + 5 + 2 + 1 → [6,2,5,2,1] = (16) Difficult - Above Average skill
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1275865
- To plot deployment of Soroin Troops, based upon what her Signature Sensing detects and to make a successful protected boarding

At the last... remembering the captive Loroi onboard the Station, Stormrage as a precaution hardens her Mind Shields in place to defend her mind from any Offensive Sending...

Mind Shield [Deplete -3] = Lvl 2, +2 Mind, 20pts Mental Armor Rating {1pt}
w/Amplifier +1Lvl {+3 Mind, 30pts Mental Armor Rating}
- Cost: 1 EP

Total Cost: 4 EP

...and a general sanzai to that captive loroi mind...
SpoilerShow
{"Take heart dear fellow Loroi, we are coming to free you... and punish your captors with death!!!"}
[ P61 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 41

Sonni was very close already, they were touching at several points along their armor, much of this was to the design of the shuttle for the most space possible. She was studying the rifle intently, he could feel a "shocky" feeling flowing through him. Not painful, more like sensing raised ambient electrical currents. He did see small dancing lights playing across the rifle, she was clearly using Loroi metal on it. He'd heard their explanations many times, but he still didn`t really understand it or his brain refused to. To be honest, sometimes he still regarded it as Mind Wizardry. He tried to understand it however, given that he very much liked, most likely loved a certain Loroi. Still, Charlie left to Sonni herself, believing in whatever she said she could do, she probably could.
"Ah.. I see.. the power source for the Rifle is in the ammo magazine along with the caseless rounds. The accelerator coils of your rifle design... are quite robust! You could accelerate a round to much higher velocities... if you had more power to apply. Excellent!"
Charlie didn`t think she would have caught on so quickly, Sonni was obviously familiar to the concept of Gauss Coil Guns, but to have surmised so quickly was surprising.
"You are correct. The rifle itself is built to stand up to contact with a person`s head. The coils are used in different weapons too, the 10mm bore is standard, but other rifles use heavier rounds and higher velocities. The limiting factor I guess is the power you can cram into the mag itself."
"I may ask at some point if I could see you field-strip one of these rifles... perhaps a slight modification of one for my personal use if we need to engage in additional military operations."
"Sure, I wouldn`t mind showing you, at all. But the rifle doesn`t belong to me, it belongs to the TCA. I cannot modify my issued weapon, I'd have to speak to the Commander about something like that, maybe even the Captain too. But let me know after we get things here done, and I'll see what I can do."
"Oh... where is the select-fire switch to set it to single-shot or burst fire?"
"Oh yeah, sorry, my bad."
Charlie tapped near a button close to the safety.
"Just tap this and you're good to go. There`s a little picture, it'll have one or three bullets on it."

There wasn`t much to talk about after that, everyone had their own things to think about, didn`t want to talk, or were doing last minute checks on intel and gear. Charlie wasn`t as superstitious as other South Africans, but, there was one way to have good luck. Touching wood gave one luck in life. Charlie didn`t have any wood, not on him, not on the shuttle. Luckily, there was one other way. People who did stupid things in South Africa, were called "houtkop". Literally, "wood head", or as thick as wood. If you, yourself know you have done stupid things, you can touch your own head. Charlie did exactly that. He rapped his knuckles twice on his helmet hoping for extra luck. Weather it brought any luck, nobody knew for sure, but it was just one of those things. Anything was better than nothing, and Charlie really wanted to avoid getting shot.

[Fiore here: thank you for flying with us today, we will land shortly and we hope that you enjoyed your flight...]
{Well, nobody is dead yet, and I haven`t puked yet. I guess it`s about as good as any flight you could expect.}

Sonni alerted Charlie with a gentle touch, she smiled and spoke.
"We should get ready to disembark Sergeant... the first few moments of a 'boarding action' are critical..."[/color
Charlie smiled and simply nodded. Sonni moved to the front of the air lock, and before he could move to follow her, his path was blocked by the other Loroi. Charlie wasn`t really happy with this arrangement. He came from an extremely traditional family, one of it`s core values was; Men step in to the meat grinder first. Men had a duty to protect all women. Nothing he could do about it. He stood up and join the line, at the back.
{In the rear with the gear, huh?}
At least all of the Loroi looked deadly serious. Charlie set the rifle to three round burst fire, but kept if finger far from the trigger, if he tripped he might shoot a friend in the legs. Better to hose anybody, in the hanger that wasn`t friendly, with APEX rounds. Just because the didn`t shoot the shuttle down doesn`t mean they aren`t ready.

Sonni was doing something again, she was glowing "Blue hot?" There was something shinny in front of her, and there was a lot of static about. Charlie could taste the electric currents, insulated as he was, he could still sense them. He could see them play across points of her armor. She was begging to float, all together, an awe inspiring sight; a flying, lighting wielding, sorceress. Charlie wasn`t afraid of Sonni any more, but if she wanted to, he'd bet she could be truly scary.

Watching her, he almost missed the radio chatter to the pilot.
Over the comm-net to the pilot, << "Corporal Fiore, Stormrage speaking, I am scanning for the presence of enemy minds in the Pressure lock of the Shuttle bay... I'll keep you informed so you can position our boarding action for maximum cover and efficiency..." >>

Charlie had taken a few minutes to muse over his squad, and it`s make up. Mainly Loroi, meaning Charlie Squad might be spec ops. Either getting at the Loroi prisoner once the situations been assessed, or providing heavy hitting support to the other squads. He'd already had a few ideas and had been brain storming, but combat was a flexible and unknown beast. Most plans don`t work when faced with the enemy.

Charlie switched over to broadcast on Charlie Squad`s frequency.
{The Commander must have thought himself a comedian giving me Charlie as the designation. Still, I think I'd have been upset otherwise, it`s fate.}
<< "Alright, Charlie Squad. Yellow Sun, Ashe-Eyes. Considering the make up of this squad, I am going leave Stormrage in direct command over you. As a lowly Human, I am not blessed with Telepathy. So it will be faster and more natural for you to get your orders from her. That being said, should orders change or I see something of tactical value to the Terran Colonial Authority I will have to assume full command. On that note, I know it`s been practiced a lot, but if you see anything at all that looks important let me know over the radio. There may still be Human Security Forces on board, along with civilians, so watch your fire. I don`t know what their status is, they may not be friendly even, it is a possibility worth considering. I'll make the call if the situation arises or the call will have already be made. There isn`t much I can say that you don`t not already know beyond; Stay sharp, stay frosty, stay alive." >>
Charlie wondered if saying there names made a difference, probably not, but at least he was trying. He also wondered if is sarcasm would be noticed, from what he had seen already, Loroi had a rough time picking it up. All of it was moot anyway, in a few seconds the shuttle was going to be on the ground. The door would open, and Charlie would be ready to kill things.
Last edited by Charlie on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonnidezi was ready to strike leading her Soroin into the thick of battle... then heard Charlie's transmission over the Squad frequency...
Charlie wrote: << "Alright, Charlie Squad. Yellow Sun, Ashe-Eyes. Considering the make up of this squad, I am going leave Stormrage in direct command over you. As a lowly Human, I am not blessed with Telepathy. So it will be faster and more natural for you to get your orders from her. That being said, should orders change or I see something of tactical value to the Terran Colonial Authority I will have to assume full command. On that note, I know it`s been practiced a lot, but if you see anything at all that looks important let me know over the radio. There may still be Human Security Forces on board, along with civilians, so watch your fire. I don`t know what their status is, they may not be friendly even, it is a possibility worth considering. I'll make the call if the situation arises or the call will have already be made. There isn`t much I can say that you don`t not already know beyond; Stay sharp, stay frosty, stay alive." >>
And she immediately felt embarrassed at her oversight, transmitting over the Squad Frequency...
<< [ "Oh, sorry... forgive me Sergeant Aldridge, Sergeant Steen, Commander Ferox... old habits die hard! Sergeant Aldridge please come stand next to me - on entry will you advance on my right... ? Ashe Eyes will be on my left. Stay behind my shield it will 'blunt' any defensive fire... but allow your shots to pass through unaffected. This is the boarding plan I just sanzaied to my Soroin... 'Yellow Sun, Cloudsong you will board behind me and immediately crouch and take positions to the left and right respectively to provide covering fire with your rifles. Ashe Eyes, you follow up behind me to add your blaster pistol to any offensive assault I make. Our objective is to secure this landing! I'll press forward to scan the connecting corridores holding position at the exit from the shuttle bay. Keep it a clean landing watch for explosive devices set for our entry. There should not be any...' Is this an acceptable strategy Commander Ferox? Would you like to add to or modify my tactical deployment plan?" ] >>

[ P62 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

To Stormrage and all the other Loroi:
SpoilerShow
Activate Power -
"Signature Sensing" Sixth Sense [Emotions, Minds; Deplete -3] = Lvl 1, Area {3 Base} [10m r], Range/3 [1km] <+3> {2pts}
- Cost: 1EP
As Stormrage started scanning for enemy minds on that station and had send her sanzai to the other Loroi, something strange happened:
At first Sonni could feel that there were most likely no Enemies nearby, but then here sensing got somehow off and everything started to feel strange around here. Would there at first be no enemies in the areas nearby, she could then somehow feel the presence of at least a dozen unknown minds in the shuttlebay and the areas around that. She was however not able to pinpoint were exactly they were hiding.
{"Take heart dear fellow Loroi, we are coming to free you... and punish your captors with death!!!"}
After she had send this last sanzai, she and the other Loroi could feel a presence. Sometimes close by, other times further away and then at other moments at a greater distance. But what was much more worrying to them, was that they could suddenly receive the hurt voice and emotions of what must be a young child. Sometimes louder, other times further away, then from behind the back of the receiving Loroi, from above, below, etc... coming from almost everywhere. To make things worse, it was not just one voice at a time, but many at once, however they were spoken by the same person, turning every other sanzai, even from Loroi close by, to an non understandable mumbling. The child was repeating one sentence over and over again, with the same emotions of being in pain and terribly afraid of something or someone:

{I will obey....I will obey....I will obey....I will obey....I will obey....}

But underneath this continuous sanzai, something very weak could be sensed for the blink of an eye, as if someone was whispering to every Loroi:

{...please save me from the melor...}
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Hadrid looked at Sergeant Aldridge who started his broadcast, having plugged in to his NCO comms channels he could hear his message. Hearing lowly Human he clenched his left fist. {You little shit, I'm gonna get you for this one!} he thought.

<< [ "Oh, sorry... forgive me Sergeant Aldridge, Sergeant Steen, Commander Ferox... old habits die hard! Sergeant Aldridge please come stand next to me - on entry will you advance on my right... ? Ashe Eyes will be on my left. Stay behind my shield it will 'blunt' any defensive fire... but allow your shots to pass through unaffected. This is the boarding plan I just sanzaied to my Soroin... 'Yellow Sun, Cloudsong you will board behind me and immediately crouch and take positions to the left and right respectively to provide covering fire with your rifles. Ashe Eyes, you follow up behind me to add your blaster pistol to any offensive assault I make. Our objective is to secure this landing! I'll press forward to scan the connecting corridores holding position at the exit from the shuttle bay. Keep it a clean landing watch for explosive devices set for our entry. There should not be any...' Is this an acceptable strategy Commander Ferox? Would you like to add to or modify my tactical deployment plan?" ] >>

Hadrid rose up, slung large bag on his back and moved ahead to the shuttle's door. [Get back sparky] Leaning on shuttle's door he pressed his computer.

Seeking wireless connections:

computers roll: 2d6 + 5 + 5 = 19

Hadrid easily found the standard inter-station wireless network to which he connected at once. On entering there was colorful advertisement with an SHI logo apearing on his screen.

<Welcome to Shenuda Heavy Industries inboard network system. Please log in using your id and password.> said digitized female voice.

[I don't suppose we got one sir?]
Corporal Antonia Fiore arrived to the shuttle's cargobay from cockpit.

Hadrid stayed quiet, energetically clicking on his keyboard.

Hacking stations admin account:
computers roll : 2d6 + 5 + 5 = 21 critical success <Security access granted. Welcome back Mr. Grand.>

Hadrid pressed several buttons and on the briefing screen appeared the live videostreams from 4 cameras inside shuttle bay:

The light in the stations shuttlebay was flickering and lit up a scary scenery:
SpoilerShow
shuttlebay
1=pressure lock (where your shuttle enters)
2=several bodies lying on the floor
3=entrance to SHI cargo area and labs
4=the stations shuttles, identical to yours
5=elevators to the rest of the station
Several cargo containers stood on the right side of the shuttlebay, but someone used them to build a barricade and someone tried to defend it: bodies could be seen, that lay on the ground behind that barricade. The stations shuttles stood on the left side, but one of them obviously had tried to flee and crushed down again on the ground only a few meters from its startingpoint. Its hull appeared to have cracked open. The door to the main cargoarea had a huge SHI logo on it and was closed, but marks and dents on the door indicated that a firefight had taken place there.

A loud beep could be heard, coming from the cockpit.

[Oh... excuse me... We can enter the shuttlebay now and I will land Calypso on that open space behind that barricade.] Corporal Fiore said as she was rushing back to the cockpit and had only got a short peek on the briefing screen.
The others could feel a slight shaking as the shuttle started moving again, entered the artificial gravity of the station and finally landed.

[Okay... Calypso has landed. And I must add that its not a beautiful view, when I look outside...]

[Alright no movement inside. Alpha squad on me, we take middle, Beta take left, use shuttles as cover, Charlie move to containers on the right.]

Ferox suddenly hears a beeping from his com unit as they had landed, the usual computer voice announced:

[Active com-unit detected. Connecting...]

Shortly thereafter the sound of someone breathing could be heard.

[Hold fast] Hadrid said people inside shuttle.

He switched to his private comm and responded to unknown connection.

[Is anyone here on this frequency?]

POST 38

Hujedamig

Post by Hujedamig »

He had came too. He did not know how he managed to survive, but survived he did.
A quick, and albeit poor attempt to asses the situation he managed to understand that he had been propelled through the shuttle bay by an explosion. The memory about the event strengthed his assessment.
A quick glance on his broken HUD it dawned on him, and he thougt to himself: {Three days... I survived here on this floor for three days? Well this armor is really good.}
He chuckled to himself, which also led him to feel the pain of a partially shattered ribcage.
[Damn... Well Torleif. You've survived worse. This is just some scars to the collection.]

He turned his head around trying to get a good look of his surroundings. And the scenery had changed alot since he last was conscious. At first glance everything was still, quiet... dead.
If this would have been his first combat he might've felt survivors guilt. But nowadays he just felt the usual calm. {Ok. Apperantly I got some time. There is still pressure inside the the suit, about 3 hours oxygen left, roughly.}

Good thing he still had his weapon attached to the integrated sling, as the weapon had conviently flewn across the room with him. He felt that would he lose this new tech he would hear about it. If he could survive.
But that's what he is; warrior, survivor. The roaches, a name he had given them himself, would feel the mistake of letting him survive.

Just as he started to gather his strenght to go from a sitting position to a standing one he felt some vibrations and{engines?}. Ten his HUD flashed up, showing him that the suit had automatically established a connection to a man with the surname Grand.

[...re on this frequency?]

Trying to mentally comprehend his luck, his usual cool self, housed in the back of his head took control and activated his com unit.
He took some much needed and heavy breaths. Then he spoke.
[Ground control to major Tom, go ahead.]

He snickered to himself, not really knowing why he made a joke in this situation, as that was not what he knew to be his usual self.

What he didn't know was that it was all effects from the medication when the suit clinically induced a coma after the figting had subsided. This is what had saved his life. But he did not know that.

Only thing he knew was that someone else was alive. Alive and behind a clusterf*** of containers.

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

[Ground control to major Tom, go ahead.]

...major Tom... he must mean a guy whose id I hacked Hadrid thought.

[Unknown speaker on this channel identify yourself at once.]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Stormrage was hoping her 'eagerness' had not upset the prickly Commander... but was quickly distracted by the odd mental echoes she was picking up in the Shuttle Bay.

Glancing at Nelopaio and Thoughtvenom she sanzaied...
SpoilerShow
{"Sisters... are you sensing what I am sensing? It seems some kind of distortion... what in spirits name could be causing that? I can't get a clear lock on any minds?"}
Beliskner wrote: Hadrid rose up, slung large bag on his back and moved ahead to the shuttle's door. [Get back sparky] Leaning on shuttle's door he pressed his computer.
Sonni chuckled slightly at the 'pet name' from the gruff human commander. Waited while he accesses the station data and security systems to patch into any operating station telemetry, {"useful..."}, she thought.
Beliskner wrote: [Alright no movement inside. Alpha squad on me, we take middle, Beta take left, use shuttles as cover, Charlie move to containers on the right.]
Corporal Fiore, rushed by to the cockpit at the end of the briefing to maneuver the shuttle to a solid landing the artificial gravity of the station reasserting itself.

But most of Commander Ferox's amendements were heard by Stormrage as an side note as...
SpoilerShow
Seuderwind wrote: After the last sanzai, {Stormrage} and the other Loroi could feel a presence. Sometimes close by, other times further away and then at other moments at a greater distance. But what was much more worrying to them, was that they could suddenly receive the hurt voice and emotions of what must be a young child. Sometimes louder, other times further away, then from behind the back of the receiving Loroi, from above, below, etc... coming from almost everywhere. To make things worse, it was not just one voice at a time, but many at once, however they were spoken by the same person, turning every other sanzai, even from Loroi close by, to an non understandable mumbling. The child was repeating one sentence over and over again, with the same emotions of being in pain and terribly afraid of something or someone:

{I will obey....I will obey....I will obey....I will obey....I will obey....}

But underneath this continuous sanzai, something very weak could be sensed for the blink of an eye, as if someone was whispering to every Loroi:

{...please save me from the melor...}
...And Instantly something like a plasma fire of PURE RAGE was lit in her heart!

Sonnidezzi sansaied...
SpoilerShow
{"Spirits NO! The Enemy has a child captive and are hurting her!"}

Then directly to the pleaing child...

{"FEAR NOT, BE BRAVE... LITTLE ONE! WE ARE COMING NOW!!!"}
Stormrage's voice was suddenly cold and fierce, "Acknowledged, Commander Ferox."

And she triggered the lock to cycle...

"...and Commander, its confirmed, the Enemy has a Loroi child captive... and they are hurting her... right now."

Cycling the shuttle troop airlock the doors open Stormrage moves, gesturing to Charlie to follow her. The shimmering electro/telekinetic field expands like a holo projected screen a full 2 meters wide before her as she lightly moves across the deck plates heading to the right flank as ordered toward the stacked cannisters and cargo cases. Without a word the Loroi Soroin - Yellow Sun and Cloudsong take up positions crouched to the sides of the shuttle blaster rifles aimed at the 3 by 4 rows of stacked cargo crate/cannisters covering Stormrage as she literally skips lightly across the hanger floor, occasionally touching the deck, her screen before her shielding those behind as she advances upon the rows of crates to take cover beside one. Ashe Eyes is at Stormrage's left side watching the piled barricade, cargo bay doors and dark elevators to the north apparently confident of Stormrage to watch their advance.

Perception Check = Mind + 1{Heightened Awareness}; 2d6 + 5 + 1 → [5,3,5,1] = (14)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1277199

Again... Stormrage stretches out her mind to try to pin-point any minds in the room... to keep from being surprized... frustrated at the echoing anomalous interference...

Upon reaching the rows of stacked crates Ashe Eyes, also takes cover to the south of the crates still watching the northern barricade. Stormrage gestures to Charlie to cover her as she moves up the row of crate/cannisters toward the barricade looking quickly down each row for targets and pauses at the end of the barricade near the eastern pile of bodies. She flies while doing this mindful to check the tops of the rows of crate/cannisters as well. She spares the pile of bodies only a quick glance to make sure she sees no Umiak carapace-like vaccsuits among the pile. Then gestures for Charlie to join her again to cover her while she floats between the gap int he rows of crates and the barricade to head east across the front of the four rows to again look quickly down each column to check for any targets.

Perception Check = Mind + 1{Heightened Awareness}; 2d6 + 5 + 1 → [2,1,5,1] = (9)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1277200

And once more... Stormrage scans her mind around her for hostile minds... getting annoyed with the sudden mental distortions... of her usual keen perceptions...

As she does this, no command issued the two Soroin covering Ashe eyes and Charlie's back advance across the room to take up positions each one selecting an even numbered southern column row to take position behind cover - incidentally spotting Stormrage as she moves across the northern side of the piled crates sweeping the entire area for hostiles.

Finally across the Marine Comm-link Sonnidezzi, << ["Eastern crate/cannister stacks sweep and secured... holding position for a more detailed search when the rest of the bay is swept and secured."] >>

[ P63 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

sunphoenix wrote:«Sisters... are you sensing what I am sensing? It seems some kind of distortion... what in the Spirits' names could be causing that? I can't get a clear lock on any minds.»
«Indeed I am, Sezon Sonnidezi.»
sunphoenix wrote:«Spirits NO! The Enemy has a child captive and are hurting her!»
For once in a long while, Malidasaria actually shows emotion, albeit only via the medium of telepathy.

«O_O

«FUCK.. Where are you? I will soon begin moving in your direction.»

((Also +1 XP for post no. 10 way back when :P))
Don't delay, join today!