[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Charlie

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Post by Charlie »

[I will inform them at once, but may I ask... Is something wrong?]

Cho replied after receiving the message, she sounded soft and shy as usual strange in a communications officer however she is undoubtedly the best at information control and never fails to get a message through.

[Not at all Cho one might go as far to say it`s a good thing, for now anyway. You see our guests they are... a lot like us, almost human you see. As far as I can tell there is male and female in their species, the same as us.]

[And as we both know when a mommy and daddy love each other very much...do you understand what I'm getting at?] Charlie thought that might be a bit much but he was sure she would understand what he means.

[Not very long from now we will have an new guest on board.] Charlie added for clarification in case she did not understand the first time.

[I'll let you know how things go] Charlie let her get back to her duties.

Charlie`s radio unit beeped indicating an incoming transmission. The tired and gravely voice of Captain Blake came over his neck level speakers.

[Seargent Aldrige? I´m on my way to medbay. I hope for "Dr." Murasaki that it is important... Blake out.]

{He sounds happy... I hope he is suitably impressed else he may drag me before a firing squad for high treason for wasting his time.} Charlie mused for a moment.

Charlie stood near the door in a guard position and tried unsuccessfully to blend to the wall.

{I hope he is impressed, or else he will be far less agreeable.}
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

At the Containment Room:

"Is there something wrong?"

Before Dr. Noel could answer, the light in the room switched off and on again. Then he could hear music coming from the inside of the room...

{Is she trying to relax or just pressing a few buttons out of couriosity?} He asked himself...

[One of your comrades, the pregnant one is about to give birth... We are not sure if she or the baby are okay. Are you feeling well enough, so that I can open the door and bring you to your comrade?]

Thinking about what else to say, he added:

[Do you like that music?]
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Paiad thought for moment. She did feel better now, but better not being careless.
"Can you clear this window or give me a mask to cover my mouth and gloves."
She looked on small fountain basin and fiddled with the simple steel ornament until it gave water.
{At least something works like it is supposed by it's looks.}
she thought and start washing her hands.
Last edited by bunnyboy on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supporter of forum RPG

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

CJ Miller wrote: "Whilst I cannot speak for my sisters, I would myself much prefer and enjoy that, Roland."
"Roland Nodded and showed The woman to the showers, [trade} "you're about the same size as Jenkins, she's one of our engineers." Roland commented as he stopped by the quartermasters station and requisitioned a jumps suit and under garments for the woman. He grabbed one of the personal hygiene kits from the rack as well "hairbrush, toothpaste, toothbrush, and well female needs. You look human enough, no offense. I'm not sure what you need. feel free to ask if you or your crewmates need anything else."

Victor_D

Post by Victor_D »

Ctirad Black entered the Doctor’s office and was taken aback by the chaos that reigned in the room. {Is this his office, or a store room?} He took off a heap of papers from the chair and sat at the desk, where a computer console was showing results from multiple biological samples which were subjected to various chemical substances.

Apparently, the doctor had grown samples from the tissue and blood taken from his Loroi patients and tested different pain-killer compounds on them. None of the usual ones were showing any effect on the Loroi nervous tissue. One of the newer, more powerful drugs used in TCA caused some sort of chain protein denaturation effect in the Loroi blood, turning it into turquoise jelly in a matter of seconds. {Well, we certainly won’t be using that one to *heal* them...} Black thought. The last sample was showing positive results, however. The simulated neural activity was down by 70 percent, indicating that the drug would inhibit pain stimuli in the patients. Black scrolled down to see what the drug was.

[What the...] he muttered. It did not make any sense – what the hell was *Sydenham's Laudanum* doing here? He would have expected to see that substance in a museum of 19th century medicine, not on a 22nd century starship. More importantly, *why* did it work? Laudanum was basically an opium tincture, a mix of various opium alkaloids dissolved in alcohol, with some additional ingredients for flavour. Yet, the standard pain-killing opiates, including morphine, showed no results in the other samples, so how could this antiquated potion even work?

{It must be something else in it that works,} he realized. He made a quick search in the ship’s database to find the exact list of ingredients used to make this version of Laudanum: opium, saffron, cinnamon, cloves, and sherry wine. Black sighed desperately, feeling as if he had just fallen back in time.

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Dragoon wrote:"Roland nodded and showed the woman to the showers, [trade} "you're about the same size as Jenkins, she's one of our engineers." Roland commented as he stopped by the quartermasters station and requisitioned a jumps suit and under garments for the woman. He grabbed one of the personal hygiene kits from the rack as well "hairbrush, toothpaste, toothbrush, and well female needs. You look human enough, no offense. I'm not sure what you need. feel free to ask if you or your crewmates need anything else."
"I shall -- thank you. But I must ask: why do you insist upon speaking Trade to me when I speak to you in your language?"
Don't delay, join today!

Yiuel

Post by Yiuel »

Making it straight, Softsapphire addresses the human, in Trade. Instead of the very direct loroi style without decoration, Softsapphire uses a more refined pattern of speech, something that might actually sound un-loroi-like to the sisters present with her.

Are you allowed to speak with us? I am myself Softsapphire. I do not know how you people would call my rank, but I am a Listel, a caste, or division of society based on worktypes, of Observers. And my rank, the level in hierarchy within my caste, is Saszet, just below the top ranks."

Bomber looked back, as his Loroi "stalker" suddenly started talking to him. He was unsure what to say, he gazed at her for a moment, as his mind was totally blank, and then answered:

[Uhm... yes, I am allowed to speak to you... ma´am... My name is Harris, I am a mari... uhm... I mean a soldier aboard this ship and my rank is sergeant.]

Before his surprised mind could form any questions, the Loroi continued:

I hope I did not bother you too much with my tendency to observe. It's simply part of my work, observe and analyse. Then again, I am probably the most curious one around here, so it isn't as if I did only as part of my job. You are a very curious and strange people to me, and to us all, ever since we saw your face, though it might not show."

[Ma´am... Its just kind of creepy if someone follows you around, peeking at you, without saying a word... I could ask an science officer to come here, if you like? He could answer questions that you may have... But if you allow me one question: What do you mean with cast? I´m sorry, but I didn´t got that part...]

"Sorry for having been creepy, as you say. I do have a tendency to be over-enthousiast at times, which is not something highly regarded in my own society, so instead I know take some time before saying anything. Sorry again.

I would indeed appreciate to speak with a fellow scientist. I do not know if we are specialized in the same fields, but I am fairly competent in many subjects myself.

As for your question, it's hard to explain for me, being raised in this. As far as I could compare with other people we have met, those casts we have are basically equivalent to a work trade. You have engineers, doctors, soldiers, scientists. But when it is a cast, the work you are expected to do comes down to the group from which your are born in. In all species I have met, their history contains at least one example of such thing happening. I do not know if yours has such an example though. Ours is pretty much that."
la nɔtʀʏltsɪmœ ʀɛv, dɛ ʒã puʀ la pʀɔtɛʒe
nu vœnõ dõkœ dœ tupaʀtu, puʀ ɛtʀœ sa ɡʀãdaʀme
dœ la site pʀɔtɛktœʀ, dœ sœ ʀɛvœ defãsœʀ
ynjõ dœ la fɔʀsœ dœ tus, nu vwasijalɔʀ lɛzɔʀiɔnɪt

- The Chant of A Certain Army

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Sorry, yet again for another delay. Didn´t see this one coming. :oops: I hope this post will bring things back on track, however its not the big post I hope I could finish.]

At the containment room:

Dr. Noel looked at the screen, showing what is going on in the room.

{She wants a mask and gloves? No problem...}

He pushed a first button and a small hatch opened in the room, after that he pushed a second one and spoke in the intercom:

[No problem, there should be what you requested in the small opening in the wall. I hope the gloves fit your hands. Do you need anything else? Can I let you out?]

At the door to the medbay:

Only a few minutes later and out of a sudden, an very familiar voice could be heared, very close to Charlie.

[Sergeant Aldrige, are you trying to meld with that wall?]

Without a doubt, that was the voice of Captain Blake. It sounded stressed and tired, somehow his mood seemed to be not the best, too.

At the guest quarters:

Bomber looked at the Loroi female next to him. To him it appeared as if there was no end to her talking and he could feel his face blushing at some point.

{At first they don´t talk a word and now she almost can´t stop. But she wants to talk to a scientist? Hm... which of this eggheads do I call? }

He looked at her carefully as she explained the differences in the loroi cast structure to him. As she was finished, she pushed a button on his com-unit, as he knew exactly who he would ask for help in that case:

[Harris to Dr. Blake, if you are not too busy, could you please come down to the guest quarters for a moment? Harris out.]

and than he looked at the Loroi again and sad with a bright smile:

[I have asked Cydonias science Officer to come down here. I think you might like him...]
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Charlie had been leaning with his back against the wall with his chin tuck in behind his neck protector of his EVA suit. Just waiting to be useful again, waiting for the captain.

[Sergeant Aldrige, are you trying to meld with that wall?]

The voice only belong to Captain Blake, Charlie had heard it to many times to think else wise.
and yet voice had an undertone of stress with a dash of sleep deprivation and a good sprinkling of apprehension of this being a worth while visit.

[SIR!]

Charlie said while shooting bolt up right, smacking the back of his head against the metal wall with an audible clonk. The specticule may have made lesser men laugh, but Captain Blake was not lesser nor was he in a good mood now it seemed worse than before.

Charlie saluted but saw Captain Blake would not soon do the same, and dropped it very quickly.

[Sir, if I may, before you go in let me give you some information on events inside so that you may be better prepared.]

Captain Blake did not say anything nor did he move toward the door. Charlie took this a cue to go on.

[Sir, the situation inside is... delicate at the moment. One of the Loroi seemed to be wounded but in fact she is pregnant and what appears to be a final stages of pregnancy. She is been attended to by Doctor Murasaki and Doctor Black along with another Loroi whose name is spoken as ''Stormrage'', she was the one who carried the weapons locker box out of their ship, Doctor Murasaki asked me request your attendance to witness the... childs birth.]

The Captain`s face changed to surprise for the briefest moment, before returning to an impassive mask.

[That will be all Sergeant, wait for Commander Ferox and brief him on the situation then assume your previous position in the medical bay. I will hold you personally responsible if any of the Loroi in there want for anything. Do you understand me?]

[Yes, Sir!]

The Captain stepped into the medical bay without a word further.

{Is my heart still beating? I can feel it, but it could be cardiac arrest setting in. I thought he was going to have me Keelhauled. At least he seemed if anything slightly surprised that could have gone a lot worse for me.}

Charlie would not make the same mistake with the Commander and remained at alert.
Last edited by Charlie on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Victor_D

Post by Victor_D »

{Negative, again.}

It was getting frustrating for Dr. Black. He had isolated the component substances and tested them on the Loroi blood and tissue samples, but nothing seemed to work. Dr. Murasaki had left him alone in his office-slash-laboratory-slash-personal junkyard, and for that Ctirad Black was grateful; things would go even slower if there were other people looking over his back, distracting him. Despite the miracles of modern technology which allowed him to grow samples and test substances in a matter of minutes or hours instead of days or weeks, he was approaching a dead end. Nothing seemed to work. {Why doesn’t it work? It *should* work! What makes the difference?}

Then it occurred to him. {It’s the blood.} Of course it had to be the blood. Loroi anatomy and physiology were remarkably similar to those of humans, except for the mechanism they used to transport oxygen in their blood. They used a form of hemocyanin, which on Earth only certain species of molluscs and marine crustaceans utilized as the respiratory protein of choice. It made their blood look blue when oxygenated, and also affected dozens of other chemical processes which in the end made human drugs ineffective. They *would* work, but the Loroi blood simply failed to transport them to their destination.

Clearly, something in the laudanum created some sort of chemical carrier which allowed the opiates to bond with Loroi neuroreceptors. But what? He froze for a moment. {No, it can’t possibly be that simple!}

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3915534/
2d6+7+4 → [4,4,7,4] = (19)

As he was pondering over his breakthrough hypothesis, his personal communicator beeped, startling him for a moment. A male voice came out:
[Harris to Dr. Black, if you are not too busy, could you please come down to the guest quarters for a moment? Harris out.]

Black was too irritated and distracted to remember courtesy.
[Actually I *am* quite busy at the moment,] he replied curtly. [If you have a problem that requires my presence, bring it to me, for I cannot leave the Medbay at the moment.]

Then he realized something else. [Wait, Harris, did you say you were in the guest quarters? Could you please ask our ‘guests’ whether there is a scientist among them, someone with decent knowledge of their biochemistry? I might need some help here.]

He didn’t wait for a reply and returned back to work.

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

CJ Miller wrote:
"I shall -- thank you. But I must ask: why do you insist upon speaking Trade to me when I speak to you in your language?"
"I spent a lot of time learning Trade. I guess i just wanted to give it some use." Roland switched to English. He led the woman to the showers." I'm a little surprised you speak English so well. we weren't aware that our scouts had actually managed to make contact much less teach anyone English. One is hot, one is cold, That counter over there tells you how much time you have left."

"we have a good recycling system but there is only so much water it can process, so we have to monitor water use."

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Stormrage listens to Nelopaio's sanzai feeling her crewsister's thoughts and closeness in her mind... her singniture sence also felt her presence and Yellow Sun .. and her newborn close...

{It vaguely disturbed her she could feel nor sense anything from the many humans standing about! They all seemed somehow... uncomfortable with the awaited birthing. How odd? They looked very similar to Loroi ... why would the birth of a child seem so... disturbing to them? Stormrage remembered Captain Jardin when he was first recovered... she knew human males were physically similar and at least on the surface apparently sexually equipped like male Loroi. From seeing the few human females about - they also looked to be physically very similar to Loroi females as well! It would be no long conjecture that they would similarly possess physically similar loroi female sexual organs as well... and yet.. all of the humans about seemed pensive.. as if they might rather be elsewhere then there! Perhaps it was some social cultural selan of humaniti? Storm could not be sure... {an annoying fact with dealing with humaniti their lotai kept her from sensing their emotional states}, but many of those present seemed to be embarrassed at what they were witnessing! Was it some societal taboo witnessing a birth, or a cultural restriction of some sort... maybe they were apprehensive to know what an alien child might appear as...? But that was odd too.. certainly it would be obvious that a loroi child would be human-like as the rest of her crewsisters? Storm was also familiar with how male loroi reputedly behaved around loroi females... the male humans seemed to react the same way with how much attention they paid to her and her crewsisters what their gazes drifted too... she could not know for certain... but Storm was getting the feeling the humans males found the loroi appealing to the eyes... as she in fact secretly found them appealing to the eyes as well. Rarely were this many males ever seen by a loroi career soldier in one place at a time. Storm conjectured... this would be a interesting voyage if it took some time to find the human's 'earth'... as she was certain at least a few of her crewsisters would be interested in finding out just how 'compatible' human males actually were... and the thought even excited her curiosity somewhat...}

Storm's mental postulations were all revealed to Yellow Sun and Nelopaio from their close proximity and she raised her mental shields quickly to hide her ...more ...puerile thoughts somewhat embarrassed at reveling such ideas to her crewsisters.

Nelopaio & Yellow Sun
SpoilerShow
...meaning all the italicized script above as thoughts are revealed to you... you heard what Storm was thinking
She sanzaied to Nelopaio, {Very well sister.. I will do... as you suggest.}

...then ...without warning the moment came.

Yellow sun's contractions heightened briefly, becoming more powerful and sustained though strangely not more painful from her outward reaction. Storm touched the child within her with her telekinesis - feeling the child's delicate form and the the contractions of Yellow Sun moving the child.

Stormrage closed her eyes seemingly in concentration - a gentle telekinetic pull and one heavy gasp of exertion from Yellow Sun ... and the child was in Stormrage's waiting warm hands...

...There was very little blood and the mother seemed to suffer nowhere near as much pain as a human birthing mother would - something else the female human crewmembers watching had to grimace in envy at. The loroi appeared to be... superwomen and totally comfortable with that!

Yellow Sun's... Son...was in Storm's hands a wonder to behold.. that even effected Storm with.. his beauty! The child briefly cried out in frustration at the sudden pressure and then release from his previous home but his mind reached out to the loroi and he quieted almost immediately as the warmth of their minds filled his and his little softly amber eyes opened and he looked about wondering at his new environment.

Stormrage tied and cut the cord for both mother and child... then wrapped the observant child in a towel to protect his softskin... not to protect from any temperature change as humans kept their ships at almost tropical temperatures.

Stormrage could not contain her surprise and joy, "Oh Sweet Yellow Sun.. your child is here.. and its a male!!! Oh.. he's so beautiful! We are all proud of you dear crewsister!"

She handed the child to his mother and pulled back her thoughts to allow the telepathic emotional communion between mother and child as the little boy already knew who and where his mother was.

Shortly afterward... seeming mere moments the mother's cord came free the residue gently pulled free... there was no placenta.. no biological waste - as again the Loroi biochemistry was extremely efficient!

Stormrage smiled openly watching the mother and child. She cleaned Yellow Sun and the child with the warm water then began to gently help Yellow Sun put on her Bioplas crewsuit though the chest remained open... though unlikely the child would need nursing just yet.

"If you might take suggestions for his name, crewsister - I like 'Amber-Eyes'..."

Nelopaio could sense a deeply personal tinge of envy from Stormrage... now the seed of desire to bear a child of her own grew within her heart... and a vast amount of fatigue...
Last edited by sunphoenix on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Moments after Captain arrival, Hadrid appeared in medbay doors. Before he could enter medbay, he was greeted by sergeant.

[Commander! Sir. Captain ordered me to brief you in actual situation.]

[Well, Sergeant what's going on?]

[Sir, one of the Loroi women has been confirmed to be in the final stages of child birth, Doctors Black and Murasaki are in attendance with her now. There is also another Loroi by the name of ''Stormrage'' with them assisting, you may remember her as the one who hefted a weapons locker. Doctor Muruasaki thought it best to have you and the Captain here, I believe he meant it to show some goodwill towards our guests.]

[Heh, we showed them much already...]

[Sir, if I may be so bold. The captain seems... under pressure. This there anything I should know?]

[No, Sergeant nothing I know of but thanks for tip. I will look in to this.]

Leaving Sergeant to his duties he moved deeper to medbay. He was about to pass glassed room where red hair Loroi was laying when he stopped to inspect it. {let's see what we have here.}
He pressed two buttons and when doors opened he moved in to the room. He picked up surgery report and read it. {Hm she had much beating... wait.... she or he?} He looked at alien laying on medical table. "It" was more less 5'9" tall, had red hair made in long ponytail. A bit skinny, looked like athlete, off course it had female features, specially.... small breasts pointing from flat chest. {Looks like a girl, whats about their skin color.}

He approached closer to the table to see "her" face. She had calm face, without grim of pain or suffering. He was about to leave when he turned to see her face again. She had bandage on the left eyebrow which was almost falling away. He carefully garbed flowing part of it and lifted up to see huge edema overgrowing the left eye. {wow.. that looks too much familiar to me...}.

He moved back to intercom console at room's wall and activated personal comlink to Dr. Murasaki

[Dr. Murasaki please come to room......damm..... room where red-hair loroi is laying..].

Dr. Murasaki was observing the birth and tried not to think about his secret stash of various types of booze when Lt. Cmdr Ferox voice sounded in his intercom.

[Commander, I'm little busy what's wrong. You know that we are preparing for birth..] Doc said pressing him mobile com unit.

[If I know the woman she will have "hell of the ride" for hours yet this one will lose her eyeball in minutes...]

Hearing no more Doc rushed to room number 5 where Copperspear was laying leaving everybody around confused.

[What did you do?] he spoke rushing in.

[I did nothing!] He pointed laying loroi [She did it herself]

[O crap] Doc said taking closer look at huge edema growing. [Ok that will be problematic...here] He moved to one of shelfs and took trauma pack. [Keep pressing it.]

[You are kidding me. She need injection with muscle release agent.]

[I don't know if it would work on her, maybe it would even kill her. Damm wait I will go ask somebody about that.... keep pressure on it] He said and rushed away from room.

[Well, that won't work] he thrown a trauma bag away and started inspecting shelfs until he found what he needed.{Ok this gonna be a fun..}

He rolled up his polar sleeves, put on latex gloves, and when all tools where prepared he begun. Using his right hand he put his thumb in to upper part of eye socket pressing gauze coating lower part of edema while he placed forefinger at upper part also with gauze (making forceps). He took scalpel and leaning he moved a blade to make a cut. {Now gently...and} He pressed blade to taut eyebrow which "exploded" with mostly transparent liquid with a touch of blue. {Fuck me..} Hadrid thought feeling something "gluing" to his face. He finished his cut and slowly cleared "patient" face with right hand's gauzes. Seeing almost instant release he grabbed small inspection pen with flashlight build in. He expanded her eyelid only to see clear reaction to light. {look good..}. He looked at heart monitor seeing even improvement in her breathing, probably result of muscle release.

With passing moments Copperspear eyebrow was stitched. It must be said that Hadrid skills in stitching are a bit rusty... {Well it will work...eventually} Hadrid said cutting last line. He placed few gauzes in to her eye socket fixing them with patch.

He thrown a bowl with dirty gauzes, scalpel and gloves aside and moved to exit when he meet good doctor in doorstep.

He moved patting him on the shoulder. [What?!? What did you do?] Dr. Murasaki rushed in to the room while Hadrid almost run away across med-bay where he joined the Captain at lobby.

[Sir?]

[Oh Hadrid here you... are] Captain looked closer at his face. [You have something at your face.]

Hadrid felt suddenly stupid, he forgot to clean his face from previous "explosion" [Ehh, sorry sir, it's nothing] He cleared his face using forehand as a towel. [How's labor going?]

[ i think it's about to happen.] He pointed with his head at Stormrage who was helping in labor.

[Already? that's fast.]

<what a f***!!!> Loud curse in foreign language was heard-able from distant opened room. [Commander!!!] Dr. Murasaki rushed from the room, holding scalpel in his hand and looking around for "someone". Seeing Ferox with Captain, he approached both of them.

[You!] Doc pointed first officer with dirty scalpel. [You! Have you any idea what you done?]

[I save her eye?]

[HOLD one both of you, Doctor please put that thing down, NOW!] - captain said irritated by both men. [What's going on?]

[Well, first officer here made good call, saving one of our guests eye but.... WHO the hell tough you to make stitches?]. Doc said, dropping scalpel to the floor.

[So good new or bad news? I'm tired of games for today.] Captain said, visibly tired and angry.

[Well good one sir, just never mind, I fixed things.] he looked forward to see Stormrage holding small child in her hands. [What? Already?]

[Wow that's new record..] Hadrid said with grin.

------
SpoilerShow
Sergeant Aldrige - Charlie
Lt Cmdr Ferox - Beliskner
Dr. Murasaki and Captain - Beliskner\Suederwind
thanks for all help

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Paiad took the mask and the gloves, but when she was ready to leave the containment, she heard that through the door and sanzai that birthing had started. Se asked if the human could open the door, but got no reply. She tried to sense, if he was still there, but his lotai was too strong.
{Perhaps the human males aren't allowed stay or maybe he is too fascinated to pay other attention. There is no panic and stress seems to be within normal limits, so I can assume everything is going well.}
She studied the door, ready to claw her way through it by violence if necessary, but the noices lessened and she knew it was over. She heard fast footsteps when more human arrived.
{Good. But listen their sounds. The humans are fighting themselves. No coordination at all. And from those we seek safety. I have to rest. I'm so tired it makes me slow.}
She examined the room again, but this time more systematically and compared the items to the artifacts she had seen from Bellarmine.
Supporter of forum RPG

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Well, time to bring this birthscene to an end and go on. I hope you don´t mind. Some music I listen to will writing that part: Link. Not sure if it fits, however, if you want to add a few posts to that scene, feel free to do so.]

The humans who had assembled at the medbay suddenly turned silent, as the child was born. Most of them gazed at the young one, as they were surprised to see how human like this young baby was.

{No tentacles, fangs, or other unusual things... What a relief..} Dr. Noel thought for a moment, then it hit him: he totally had forgotten the other Loroi in the containment room! He ran back to her, pushed the intercom button and spoke in the microphone:

[I´m very sorry. I have forgotten you in there. I am opening the door now and let you out.]

He pushed another button, the door opened and he looked inside. Relieved that the Loroi was okay, he asked her:

[Would you like to to come with me and check if the baby is okay?]

The captain looked in disbelieve at the young mother and her child. He never had seen or heard of a birth than had gone so fast and without difficulties. As uncle of five kids, that meant something... He stepped a bit closer to get a better look at the baby and her mother. He could see how the small one yawned, griped the finger of his mother and closed his eyes.

{A "he"? Now thats a surprise... And "he" is kind of cute... However, that other Loroi... "Stormrage"... what a fitting name...}

A brief smile was visible on the captains face, letting him look happy for a moment. An expression not seen on his face, since he has entered sickbay. He looked at the face of the mother and said (in trade):

[Congratulations! Your... son... seems healthy, thats a relief. Did you choose a name for him? However, If we can help you with anything, please let us know. But, you must understand, this is a warship and not a place for a child. It is very unusual for humans ships to have a child on board.]

The mother blushed a bit, gazed at him for a moment and then answered in a low and weak voice: [Amber-Eyes...]

The Captain nodded and then he turned back to Dr Murasaki:

[Doctor, tell me: do we have anything... baby related on board? Diapers, etc...? Or anything else that could be of use in such a case? Please, check it out now.]

The good Doctor crawled his chin and answered:

[Maybe... I will have a look at a few things, as long as this... well... the "First Officer" doesn´t make a mess out of it, too...]

The Doc turned around and went to the medical storage. The captain couldn´t hide a smile about his reaction and added:

[Don´t forget the meeting, Doc...] he then looked to Ferox with a big grin and said: [Yeah... the good old Doctor, doing his job...]

The Captain then excused himself and left for the conference room, as he still had some preparations to make in the last 30 minutes or so.

Meanwhile in the good Docs combined office/lab/etc...

It took Harris a moment to think about an answer to Blacks question, but then the intercom beeped again:

[Uhm... Dr. Black, I think I am speaking to the person you are interested in. Should I asked the First officer to bring her to you?]

At the same time, a strong Sanzai message was received by every Loroi officer:

{Sisters, there important things we have to discuss and informations from the humans to be shared. Please meet with me in those quarters in around 900 solon.}

[OOC: There will be two "meetings" now, a Lori one with the Mizol and a Human one with the Captain. Pleas consider this Part WIP, as I need to make some maps for the next System and a starmap for the travel ahead. I hope you don´t mind, I will try to add them later and explain as good as I can in the meantime.]

First for the humans:
SpoilerShow
Captain Blake sat in a chair in the large conference room. This room was one of the very few luxury parts of the ship, as Cydonia was designed to patrol in human space, transport diplomats and help negotiate various problems at the colonies. Such a room was necessary for that. In the room was a large holographic screen on one side and some portholes on the other side, so that diplomats could marvel at the beauty of space. In the middle was a large, oval shaped table made of some kind of dark wood and brass elements that formed an abstract version of the TCA logo in the middle of the table, visible from every side. Comfortable chairs were placed around it and a datapad was laing on every place.
The Captain waited for every commanding officer of a department* of Cydonia or his replacement to arrive. He somehow looked tired and older than usual while hold a mug of coffee in his hands. A very strange sight and everyone that entered the room could see that something unpleasant was in the air.
As everyone had arrived, the Captain stood up, looked into the eyes of everyone and started his speech:

[Ladies and gentlemen, I think you all know how important the current incident and the journey, that lays ahead of us, are for mankind.
Our orders are very clear for the case that we make contact with the Loroi: we should guide their ship to our space, if their intentions are not hostile and we should do so as fast as we can. We should avoid any delays, too. These orders come from the highest colonial authorities, as you can see on your datapads. However, in the current situation, I intend to take them directly to earth, as quickly as possible...]

He waited for everyone to take a look at those orders, some looked very confused about them and Chief Engineer Abramovic was the first to comment them:

[Sir... this is... nonsense... They don´t have a ship anymore and we are short on fuel after 3 months here and we don´t even have enough fuel to travel to Esperanza at full speed and make all the jumps. However, those orders do not request to travel at maximum speed and they don´t insist on traveling directly to earth... We need to refuel somewhere in between to do that, get a few spare parts, supplies and...]

The Blake cut off his words and the Chief looked irritated at the Captain.

[I know and I will explain that... Traveling to the nearest colony, Esperanza, at normal speed would take more than 6 weeks. We have to do that in less time and we need more fuel to do so. We have to bring them directly to earth, too and I also do not intend to wait for Captain Ferguson and his Alberta to arrive. But, I come back to that later. Now back to more important things: Abramovic, you think that we can make it, if we refuel in between. That is exactly what I was intending to do...]

The Captain pushed a button an the screen displayed an holographic image of the next system on their way to Esperanza or earth itself. They all knew that it had the odd name "Lacrimosa". In it where three gasgiants (from the inside: a hughe red one called "Urd" (Lacrimosa-A or "big red one" by the scout corps. ~1,9 Jupiter masses), a slightly smaller green one called "Verdandi" (Lacrimosa-B, or nicknamed "green lantern" for its strong and well visible Auroras, ~1,8 jupiter masses) and a smaller blue one (Lacrimosa-C, ~1,2 Neptune masses, called "little blue")) and an awful lot of asteroids, up to half the size of pluto, on irregular orbits. All ships traveling home from the three "checkpoints" had to go through this system. However, there was something unusual: a blinking dot, orbiting "Verdandi".
Ensign Metzger noticed this at once:

[Captain, Sir... what is that dot? I remember seeing this charts back, when we traveled here and this was clearly no there. That system should be empty, bu that dot... it indicates an... outpost?]

Blake smiled about the question, as he knew about his exceptional observation skills and answered it at once.

[You haven´t noticed it back then, because it wasn´t there. The information is classified, all you need to know is the following: This is Auzon station, a small research outpost build by Shenuda Heavy Industries and the TCA. According to our information, they should have started building it, a few days after we traveled through the system and should have been finished a few weeks later...]

The screen now displayed a plan of the station, that was within Cydonias database. It consists of five huge frightcontainers that have been connected by some sort of pipes and grids to each other, with a large cylinder in the middle. A cheap, but very fast way to build an outpost and very ugly, too.

[Those stations are quickly assembled and easily maintained, as you know. Shenuda Heavy Industries and the TCA had interest in that particular System. I can tell you this much: The fleet is interested, because of its great strategic significance and that corporation, because Lacrimosa-B is rich on Helium-3, which is as you know the basis of our fusion fuel. So, they killed to birds with one stone: the Shenuda scientists can research there about new and more efficient fusion fuels and the TCA can refuel their ships. A fair deal... don´t you think?]

The Captain paused for a moment, closed his eyes and his face seemed to loose some of its color... then he continued

[You may ask yourself now, why we should travel to earth in such a hurry... Well... thats the hard part... the Loroi "diplomat" explained to me that that ship that we saw fighting them, usually doesn´t travel alone, but in groups up to five ships. They only split up if they are searching something and that particular model was modified in a way, even they haven´t seen before... I have therefore good reasons to believe that there are more of those other, Umiak ships coming... Searching a way to earth. Thats why we have to warn the fleet as fast as we can... I recommend that we jump to the Lacrimosa system at once, meet Alberta there, refuel and travel to earth with them. We all have seen what those alien weapons are capable of... Two ships will survive more likely an engagement with them, than just Cydonia alone... Or at least give us a chance to escape...]

He then paused again and looked at the faces of his officers, giving them a chance to understand his words. Than he added:

[Any questions till now? There is more...]

For the Loroi side:

SpoilerShow
Parat Twilightsaber sat on one of the beds in the quarter given to her. She looked tired and somehow worried, every Loroi could feel that. Definitely not her usual, arrogant self... One of the humans was so kind to give them some folding chairs and placed them in front of the bed, so that no Loroi officer had to sit on the floor. She then looked around and greeted everyone in sanzai as they arrived. As every sister had sit down and looked at her, she started:

{Dear sisters, its good to see you all again and well. I know, that is not the way, this mission should have turned out and I am very sorry for that outcome... However, I talked with the human captain for a long while and he was able to share some insight. They were apparently waiting here and thought that the mission of the ship they send to us, was a failure. As we all have noticed, their tech level is not as high as we hoped, too. On the positive side, they had no contact to the enemy and the Captain seemed relieved that we are Loroi and not Umiak, apparently they have heard some "stories" from the Orgus about the Umiak. On the downside, they know almost nothing about the enemy and he was very surprised to learn that those scouts rarely travel alone and only split up their quincunx squadron, when they are searching something. He was very concerned about that...}

She paused for a moment and continued

{I assume that they may need our help to reach their nearest colony or their homeworld, especially if they encounter one of the other Umiak ships. Any suggestions on that topic?}
[OOC: * I hopte thats the right term.]
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

Having been bearing a good deal of the discomfort through Yellowsuns mind, Nelopaio takes another minute or so to orient herself, her brow beaded with sweat beneath her bangs... For once, glad that she studied archaic methods such as that, she smiles thinly, a smile that grows warm and genuine at the sight of the baby boy...

{Sister... He's beautiful...} she sends, letting their continued physical contact carry the nuance of the tone before taking her hand away from Yellowsun, sighing softly and smirking, {Not to mention historic. The first of our children born on a Humaniti vessel.} she offers in both compliment and good humor, despite her fatigue...

And speaking of which... Glancing over at Stormrage, Nelopaio can immediately see the bone numbing, crushing degree of weariness. It's almost palpable in the air. Waiting until mother and child are reunited, she walks over and gives the Teidar a nudge towards the exit... She's oddly... Handsy, for a Loroi.

{And you... It's time for sleep, and a lot of it.} she Sanzai's, the tone almost motherly, {If it has to be an order, consider it as such, Sezon.} she quips, the faintest of smirks still on her lips as she starts to guide Stormrage out towards her own quarters, unsure where the other officers would be at this point, in regards to individual bunk assignments. She can always change rooms after the fact, but Storm needs the rest now...

Frowning a bit at the 'wideband' Sanzai from Twilightsaber, she sighs, responding... {Teidar Sezon Stormrage has been awake for days now... I cannot speak for her directly, but pushing much farther than she has is going to take a toll...} Glancing at Stormrage, she shrugs one shoulder very subtly, {I'll leave it to you to decide, sister. If you're going to have an involuntary meeting with the deck, feel free to get some sleep, and the Mizol can yell at me all she wants. In the end, you're my responsibility as well.}

Regardless, weather accompanying Storm to the meeting or seeing her off to bed beforehand, she'll be there within minutes...

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Stormrage smiles with great weariness at Sunbloom sanzaing in response, { ... yes sister. Rest is what I need more than anything now... I must be sharp to perform my duty to the mission.. and I am barely standing right now. No need to make it an order... there seems to be no... current, intent of threat from our human hosts. }

In apparent silence to the humans present the two loroi females trade a wordless gaze and Stormrage smiles standing and allowing Sunbloom to lead her away toward their provided sleeping quarters. Even to the lotai humans they can tell Stormrage is very tired and shaky on her feet from extreme fatigue.

Hearing also Twilightsaber's 'wideband' Sanzai Stormrage agrees, { I think it would be best for me to rest my Mizol... if the Umiak are indeed searching these systems... I will need to be my sharpest to do what must be done. I... believe I have the longest ranged Signature sensing talents of the current crewsisters. My amplifier will need to be ...'altered' somewhat so that my range can be greatly increased... it will not be as efficient or as accurate as a true Far seer with a ship-amplifier but it will be far better than the humans primitive sensors in detecting the Umiak long before they spot us! In this archaic vessel of theirs it could mean the difference between life ad death! But to use this ...I must have my strength.. I'd be useless right now. }

There is a pause and her emotions turn... contrite but there is a undercurrent of defiance!

{ And... I.. must make a confession sisters. I did not trust the humans entirely and I have set failsafes on our shuttle. Should I not return to it in a {term} 'week's-time' to enter the needed security codes its has been instructed to shutdown the anti-matter containment fields in its reactor... it would certainly make sure none of our technology or ill treatment by deceitful human captors would not last or give them anything for such a betrayal! It is not critical at current... but I will now give Twlilightsaber the command codes to cancel the failsafes... another bargaining point in your hand my Mizol. I hoped it would not be my last duty to the loroi or it be needed ... but I could not risk this turning bad for the Loroi Union. I am not sorry I did not inform you.. but I felt you all needed to know now that the danger seems less likely. }

{ I will rest now.. you can inform me of the decisions and points brought up once I have rested... I doubt I have anything of great import to contribute in my weary mental state right now anyways. }

Her sanzai is soft and tinged with some pain... her head is starting to ache again.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Yiuel

Post by Yiuel »

If Harris tells me that Dr. Black would like to meet me, I answer in Trade :

[I will be pleased to meet Mr. Black. However, my leading officer wishes to meet us all in a few moments for some debreifing. I can meet him afterwards.]

If Harris tells me it's urgent for some kind of reason of life or death, I will meet him; if not, I will make sure to be at the common loroi meeting. No matter what happens, I will sanzai with the loroi anyways (I have 1km reach with sanzai. Should be enough.). If I go to meet Black, I will first excuse myself for not being physically present, explaning that something requires my expertise and that I will keep everyone informed live about it. Then...

{Well, Twilightsaber, I believe it would be best to share as much information as we can. If you want, I can debrief the humans on the many things we know about the Umiak. I might not be the greatest expert on our enemies, I can probably give them a good lecture on all of it. That should do more than enough. Also, my sister who was aboard the Tempest gave me one crucial detail which might tip the balance.

As for you Stormrage, please take some good rest. You did what you thought best, and I have full faith in your capacity to insure our safety and security. Being cautious was not a bad thing. Anyways, that little ship would not have brought us far anyways, so better self-destruction than having it picked up by our enemies, or worse.

As for turning you into a temporary Farseerer, I remember you being quite good at sensing people at a distance; well, this is not a bad thing, because you happen to have the Listel's whose main field is understanding sanzai. And I am quite competent at that. I can probably work something out to use your full talents. And if need be, I can work as a replacement; I was able to practice more of my sanzai and with work got to make it more sensible. So you will not have to always be monitoring.}
la nɔtʀʏltsɪmœ ʀɛv, dɛ ʒã puʀ la pʀɔtɛʒe
nu vœnõ dõkœ dœ tupaʀtu, puʀ ɛtʀœ sa ɡʀãdaʀme
dœ la site pʀɔtɛktœʀ, dœ sœ ʀɛvœ defãsœʀ
ynjõ dœ la fɔʀsœ dœ tus, nu vwasijalɔʀ lɛzɔʀiɔnɪt

- The Chant of A Certain Army

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

reply to Captain Black
SpoilerShow
"No questions about the tactical situation sir." Roland spoke up as he looked over his notes and the briefing report." I'm sure the engineers have been bending your ear already about the extra load on life support with all the extra warm bodies on board, so moving to a station makes good sense.."
"My only question is pretty basic, what exactly is the status of our guests. Right now we have them in lock down in the guest quarters or down in med bay. If they are diplomats and diplomatic staff, usually that indicates a bit more freedom to move around,privacy, the right to talk to people without a marine listening in... He paused looking up, not at all used to speaking in briefings other than to ask straightforward questions and confirm orders.

Not saying they should get the run of the ship at all. Do I let them move around with an escort, or keep them in isolation till Someone sends a ship to pick them up? I can details couple of men to act as escorts, and I'd like to have a few crewmen to help explain the basics of the ship to our guests. I'd hate for someone to find their way into an airlock looking for the head."

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Stormrage hefting her armored vacc-suit leaves the medbay area heading towards the clear mental image she has from her sisters already in the guest rooms. A human marine waiting outside the medbay immediately moves to follow her... his eyes glancing at the sidearm holstered at her side. There is little need to worry her expression is one of weariness as she moves down the hallways as if she knows where she is going.

Fatigued her poise is not the proud elite soldier she was leaving the shuttle and the sway of her shapely hips is even more pronounced as she carries her somewhat burdensome armored vacc-suit... The twin briads at the nape of her neck bounce fetchingly with every light step she makes - making one ponder how soft her hair is. Also... now that she is not in the highly air circulated medbay... there is a slight scent to her skin and hair. Closest approximation is like an acrid almost fresh sea air smell - like clean water... very faint but there... not unpleasant... just noticeable. She smells faintly of sea air.

She grouses mentally, {Far easier to wear it and move than carry it and do the same...}

To all outward appearance from behind she seems a lovely athletically built, shoulder-length blonde haired woman who is just very tired... hard to think of her as a blue-skinned alien elf woman!

Eventually she makes it to her room and looks into the quarters after the Marine shows which button on the panel triggers the door to open.

Before entering she looks around the room from the doorway... looking for any obvious threats... its simply her natural warrior's wariness.. but she mentally chides herself for being foolish.

{We are in this waay to far to get suspicious now...!}

Storm looks at the door stretching her electrokinetic influence... and is satisfied when she easily finds the electronic locking mechanism and the motor servos for actuating the door. She smiles her worry was unnecessary... {...the humaniti tech is so primitive they don't have a room onboard this vessel I cannot leave if I wish too... best to get some rest and leave worry to others ...for now...}

Looking up at the Marine her deep pretty green eyes on his and her long delicate pointed ears framing her lovely face, thinking, {... so tall!}

Speaking in perfect English, "These seem adequate quarters. What is your name? Will you explain the functions of the conveniences and the technical amenities? I would like to lower the room temperature... you humans appear to like it very warm onboard your vessels... I'd rather not need to sleep nude just to be comfortable."

Stormrage continues to hold his gaze waiting for a reply - it's somewhat unnerving to be so focused on by the very lovely blue alien elf woman.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke