[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

sunphoenix

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Post by sunphoenix »

Stormrage followed the human doctor's instructions a little unnerved by the big machine they asked her to lie down on the table before. She almost refused but saw there were no means to strap or restrain the subject on the table so she relented.. and besides she could shut it off if she choose. No physical restraints could hold her anyways.. even with her head-piece amplifier in the room with her bioplas armor... she could still kill everyone here before any actual armed guards with sufficient firepower could show up to hinder her... so she humored the human researchers... she was pretty sure the machine had other functions...but if it was betrayal the humans wanted.. they would NOT find her unprepared even disarmed and unarmored... she was Unsheathed!

Storm was pleasantly surprised...! The moment the machine began to operate she realized exactly what it did despite the human's clumsy subterfuge as she physically felt the soothing magnetic fields ripple across her body - her psychokinetic ability to manipulate and control electricity made her sensitive to magnetic fields about her.. especially ones this powerful!

Storm chuckled inside, {how crude... don't they have better scanning technology than this?}

She knew they could scan her physically in great detail getting a recording of her internal skeleton, organs... everything... it did not matter... especially when it felt this good! From the initial examination of Captain Jardin, Stormrage knew that Loroi were physically very similar to humaniti... almost unnervingly so. Though no Loroi Doranzor researcher wished to voice it... it was too close a similarity for there not to be some common if not ancestry at the very least origin convergence... the ramifications of which would shake Loroi understanding of themselves to the core... at the VERY least!

Storm wanted to stretch out her psychokinetic talents and really flex in the soothing magnetic fields washing across her.. but refrained from any psychokinetic manifestations. It was too soon and it was something the humans did NOT need to know about the Loroi until it was needed.

Try as she might not to Storm relaxed and drifted to sleep as the machine hummed and caressed her with magnetic fields.

She was awoken by an orderly touching her thigh to tell her the scan was done.

She sat up and felt the ice pack at her head. It had greatly soothed her pain to a dull manageable throb and it had indeed reduced the swelling lump she was sporting from her concussion. Weariness clawed at her will and she involuntarily yawned.

Speaking in Trade, "I thank you. This ...ice pack has seemed to help greatly. My head feels much better and I am no longer dizzy. Have I sustained any continuing trauma? Please share any data with Paiad or Softsapphire... they are medical and scientific experts among my crewsisters. If we are done here, I am... tired. I would like to rest now in our... guest quarters."

Her voice was soft and melodious. No different or distinctive from a human voice. From her tone and inflection were one not looking at her... there would be no difference between her tonal quality and any other human voice... it was remarkable! The Loroi were not just a warrior race... they were 'Art' given flesh... very lovely sexy flesh at that!

She stands gathering/straightening her exam robes and walks for the exam room to recover her disrobed gear. She carries herself with a dignity and bearing that is proud and self-assured. She casts her gaze about the medlab to assess how the other Loroi are being seen too and seems satisfied.

There is no doubt she is a officer of some sort, keenly measuring her surroundings.

She enters the exam room and puts her bioplas armored crew suit on. It is very form fitting.. but clearly functionally effective even if oddly color... perhaps some denotation of a rank or a chaste system? She dons her headpiece and, holsters her blaster again... this time snapping the securing flap down. She picks up her armored vacc-suit and helmet to leave and wait to be shown her guest quarters.
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

Sitting on her assigned bunk, Nelopaio discarded her EVA suit at her earliest opportunity, the cumbersome thing arrayed neatly in one corner of the tiny cabin, leaving her in her bioplas uniform armor... Somehow, she feels a bit lost in the mix, having mostly had time to herself since being recovered and reunited. Though she made her rounds through the medbay, stopping to speak with her sisters when she could to either offer reassurance or some minor bit of direction, especially to the Soroin she knows is starting to burst, having been expecting for some time now. Spending what time she can there, eventually, she found herself back in this tiny cabin, dutifully composing a report to be read much later, upon their return, regarding first contact... Day one. As the ranking officer, it falls to her to keep track of such things, to a degree...

...Regardless, her presence feels superflous to her own perceptions... Mostly just lost in thought, she's slowly scrubbing away at the dried blood on the side of her face, unconsciously roving near the scar under her hair. Another ship... Another crew... And again, here she is, among the survivors... Nelopaio can't help but wonder how much of their collective luck she's managed to use up on her own.

Sighing quietly, she eventually finishes her self-cleaning, then pulls her legs up into a seiza like position, closing her eyes and quieting her mind... It's times like this that the minor meditative techniques imparted to her come into their own. Lacking focus among the rest of the weary survivors, Nelopaio starts to seek it in the depths of her own mind, her modified amplifier set safely aside to prevent any accidents if someone enters...
Last edited by Senanthes on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Charlie looked toward Loroi female laid on one of the stretchers in medbay. He looked back to Costello,

[She doesn`t speak at all? I don`t suppose we know her name at least? Look it shouldn`t be a problem, I'll get right on it.]

Somehow it felt like a brick impacted the back of his head. He worked up the courage and he started to move slowly towards the Lorai women. Removing his gloves, clipping them to his belt he sat down next to her.

In Trade:
[My name is Charles Aldridge, my rank is Sergeant. You can call me Sergeant Aldridge or Charlie if you like.]

Charlie slowly and hesitantly put his hand on her shoulder as not to spook her. He removed it as quickly.

[If you ever need anything just let me know.]
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Stormrage watched the unfolding activity and saw her pregnant crewsister feeling her emotional distress from among the others. Stormrage wanted to rest ...but her sister needed some help. As Stormrage approached she saw the human solider trying to comfort her crewsister and his shy and almost tender attempt to comfort her was... cute.

There was one thing the Loroi and humanity shared - it was a ... natural empathy for the injured or ill.

Stormrage stepped up carrying her vacc-suit she acknowledged the soldier - she recognized him from the Hanger Bay; speaking in Trade,"Thank you for trying to aid my distressed crewsister. That is kind of you... Charlie..."

There was the slightest hint of a smile upon her lovely features.

Stormrage stepped around to the other side of the cot and set down the bundle of her vacc-suit and gently took her sisters hand saying nothing her expression very tender and concerned. As she leaned over the pregnant loroi sister Storm brushed a stray stand of blonde hair from her face as she knelt. Her footsteps were light - surely her shapely, petite, very feminine form could not be as strong as she appeared to be in the cargo bay?

In sanzai, {"Sister are you in pain? I can feel your distress... if you are in pain I will call Paiad or Softsapphire over. How is your child sweet sister?"}
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Victor_D

Post by Victor_D »

Ctirad Black was sitting in his chair in the Science Lab, reviewing Dr. Murasaki’s findings concerning the Loroi anatomy and DNA analysis.

{That’s impossible,} he thought. He remembered discussing the topic with his academic colleagues in university back on Earth. Any aliens we might encounter would be vastly different from us in appearance and the contact with the Orgus seemed to confirm that. Yet here they were, these ‘Loroi’. The chances that Nature would produce a species so *markedly* similar to humans in anatomy, yet so different in genetic makeup, were practically nil.

He looked at the computer screen at his desk, which was replaying footage from the security cameras in the Medbay, and paused it when one of these Loroi females undressed before examination. {So human like…} He shook his head to dispel the uncomfortable thought that were going through his head.

{Are the Loroi playing with us? Have they captured one of our scout ships, and made these creatures in our image for some reason? But if they did, why not make them even more similar to us? What would they gain by making them look like this?} A painful realization flashed in his mind. {I could have been on one of those Scout Ships, if they didn’t send me to “advise” our “friends” in the Colonial Fleet.} He exhaled. {But then I wouldn’t have got this opportunity. I need to find out more about these people.}

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Sorry for the delay. As for music, I think this fits somehow (ok, the movie was bad...): Link]

Costello watched as Charlie took the hand of that pregnant Loroi woman. She had very short dark blue hair, was about 1,78m tall and looked like an about 19-21 year old human female. Everyone could see that she was pregnant, but she had no idea why they put someone in her situation on a warship.

{Very strange people, those Loroi.} she thought for a moment.

The pain of that woman must been terrible, judging from her face. She however didn´t say a word or screamed. She just laid there, her hands holding her belly and made that face that was contorted with pain.

For Stormrage:
SpoilerShow
[I´m sister Soroin Paset Sedoinelo (= Yellow Sun)... Please help... that terrible pain... Whats with my child?]
Stormrage could easily feel the horrible pain, running through the body of that young crewsisters and the fear for her unborn child. That young sister must be very strong to not scream in pain about that situation.
Somehow, the unexpected touch of Charlies hand mesmerised and calmed her to some extend. It was strange to her that a male would touch her so freely. She couldn´t help herself, but she somehow had to look in his face and in his eyes for a long time...

Stormrage heard someone cough slightly behind her. It was that human physician and he was holding some kind of handheld computer terminal.

[Hello, I´m Doctor Murasaki. You are... Stormrage... right?] he pointed on an image of Stormrage skull shown on that terminal display, a thin line was visible.

[This is a picture of the scanning results from earlier. As you can see, there is a tiny fracture in your forehead. This is nothing to worry about, it will heal itself in no time. However, I would like you to come here once every day for 2 or 3 days, so that we can check it. Against the pain, I give you some of these cooling packs.]

He gave her two tiny, transparent bags, filled with a blue gel and a little metallic disc.
[Just press on the disc if you need some cooling for your forehead. You should rest in the next few days, if that is possible. If you want to go to your quarters, I will call a marine that brings you there.]

The he looked over to that young crewsister and started speaking to himself:
[I wish I could give her something against the pain...]

Then he turned around and walked into his office and pressed the intercom and choose a direct channel to Dr. Black, as he called him.

[Dr. Black, are you finished looking at those test results? I might need your... expertise over here.]

[At the same time, in the containment room]

Dr. Noel help that Loroi in the room and helped her to sit on a stretcher. He suited himself in a protective suit with a helmet and got her some medicine: a glass of water and some kind of black tablet

[My name is Doctor Jean Noel, you can take off your helmet and your suit now. I have some medicine prepared for you and I hope that it will help you.]
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

"This is carbon I asked? Thank you, Doctor Jeannoel."
[You can call me Jean or Dr. Noel, if you like. Yes, that are some carbon tablets. I hope they work on you the same way they do on humans. In the glass is water, so you can swallow them down easier.]
"I'm a medical expert and I can probably identify some of your food and medicines and say which of them can be safely used by us."
[That is good to know. I think Dr. Murasaki will like to know that. We could need your help finding some medicines and other things or need your expertise with that pregnant comrade of yours.]
"Could you leave for moment? I have to exhaust... release myself and I can't do that while male watching."
[Oh, yes of course.]
He points to some kind of water filled bowl mounted on the wall with some kind of red button next to it. [You might want to use that... if something goes wrong or you need help... Please push that red button next to it.]
"Those illustrations are guide? I think I can follow the example of the stick figure."
Paiad smiles to Dr. Noel, who then leaves tactfully.
Supporter of forum RPG

Victor_D

Post by Victor_D »

Mr. Black was dictating notes and his computer automatically transcribed them into writing. Not that he needed to do that; his eidetic memory rarely forgot an important detail, but he had found out in the past that translating the chaotic streams of consciousness circling in his brain into spoken words helped to categorize his thoughts and made it easier for him to systematically work with the knowledge he had gained. Plus, the bureaucrats always wanted “logs” and “progress reports” of what he was doing, so this way he could kill two birds with one stone.

[ (…) The absence of males among the Loroi survivors is as conspicuous as it is baffling. At first I thought Loroi social customs required the males to preferentially evacuate females and children from dying ships, similar to the cavalier maritime tradition that had once been in use on Earth. However, after reviewing the video footage of the Loroi interaction with the crew of Cydonia, I discarded the idea. The Loroi females, if they indeed *are* Loroi and not just their artificial constructs, seem to react with surprise and unease to the male members of the crew, especially those in full combat gear. From that I surmised that in the Loroi military tradition, males are not usually allowed to partake in combat. Personally, I find that possibility rather an ironic twist on similar gender prejudices that were once widespread in the armed forces of Earth nations, but at this point I am loathe to speculate about the causes of this curious social trait. The other possibility is that the Loroi do not have the male sex of the species at all and reproduce asexually. I strongly doubt that considering the anatomical similarities between our reproductive organs as reported by Dr. Murasaki. Of course, all these points are quite moot if they really are a—]

A voice from the intercom interrupted his dictation: [Dr. Black, are you finished looking at those test results? I might need your... expertise over here.]

{Speak of the devil…} Black grimaced. [Yes. I’ll be there momentarily,] he replied into the intercom and paused the dictation app. He stood up and began walking toward the Medbay, which was just across the corridor. As always, he hesitated for a split second before leaving the quiet safety of his lab.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Stormrage sanzaied a broad sending to all Loroi present, {Sisters, Our crewsister Soroin Paset Sedoinelo "Yellow Sun" is in pain... she may be in labor! Paiad please come help she needs your assistance!}

Then to Yellow Sun she says, "Be not frightened sister we are with you... help is coming. Perhaps it is time for your young one to make their arrival?"

Stormrage paused a looked very closely at the apparently female nurse {Angela Costello} standing by with increased curiosity... this was the first human female she'd ever met. Stormrage stood slowly regarding her closely - she seemed about as tall and healthy as any Loroi female and slightly smaller than her male gender counterparts, {She has some form of ... mottling 'freckles' on her cheeks. How odd.}

Speaking, "What is your name... Human? You seem to be female... is that correct? Do you have some sort of rash on your face... is it contagious.. or is that some form of tribal body paint?"

It was at that moment that Doctor Murasaki addressed her.

Stormrage turned and was... confused. The Doctor looked... noticeably different from Charlie 'Asian' {who is apparently too shy to reply to me...} though the Doctor was obviously male...

She listened to him stepping a little closer to get a much closer detail of his features... seeming to pay more attention to his looks than to his words.

There is a delay in her reply, "Thank you Doctor Murasaki. I will do as you ask... I must ask, please take no offense... are you human as well? Your skin is a different shade from Charlie and your features are markedly different."

Looking around she comments, "...there are so many males! Should there not be more females of your species within your crew? We were led to believe humaniti has a 1 to 1 gender distribution... is that incorrect?"

But noticing Doctor Murasaki's concern for her pregnant crew sister she informs him, "My Crewsister, Soroin Paset Sedoinelo is our youngest crew member. Soroin Paset is her caste and rank... equivalent to a soldier of lower rank. Her name - Sedoinelo means "Yellow Sun". She.. is pregnant from her first mating awarded to her."

Stormrage smiles, "Such youthful fertility... occasionally happens."

Turning back to the Doctor, "What does your name mean Doctor Murasaki?"
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

hearing via comms from captain [Ferox, please take care that none of our guests leaves their quarters, at least for the moment and check if they need anything else. There will be a meeting in conference room 2 in about an hour, all higher officers should be there. We will discuss what to do next there. Please take care that the others are there as well.]

Hadrid sighed, {what this time...} He looked at troopers at guest-room's door.

[Make sure that no Loroi leave their quarters without direct permission from ME or captain himself. Is that clear?]

Seeing nod he turned toward elevator and went strait to conference room.

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

In trade:
[If you ever need anything just let me know.]

Charlie rose slightly away from the Loroi women, he'd done all he could. But something tickling the hair on the back of his neck told him someone was coming. In all the conflicting sounds of the medical bay he could hear with clarity boots, not human boots that have hard impacts on the deck but boots worn by a cat or a lion. He turned to face this feline, all he saw was the Loroi who lifted the box. He still felt a little ambivalent about her, weather this came from her strength at the docking bay or her form was unknown to him.

His mind raced to interpret why she was coming to him. Until he remembered he was near the wounded Loroi women, what would she say was she angry. She spoke in trade it almost did not register the words simply passed through his mind.

[Thank you for trying to aid my distressed crewsister. That is kind of you... Charlie...]

He snapped off a salute, more training than thought.

In trade:
[Thank you Ma'am, I wish that I could have done more.] That pitefull sentence was all he could mange before his nerves gave up.

Wait, she said my name. Should I say her`s? But I don`t know it. Charlie could not help but fear he had violated the inscrutable Loroi social convention. If he did, he could not help it. He did not know her name. And his growing fear at that revelation, made his mind far slower than usual.

His relief was almost palpable when she stepped around Charlie. She may have smiled but Charlie did not know. He started to walk away, as to better give her and the wound Loroi room and privacy such that it was on the medical bay. He looked back for a moment and saw the Loroi holding the hand of the other, well at least he did not go wrong in the treatment he provided. He saw in more detail now the Loroi who moved the locker, she did not look so strong she looked far to human in Charlie`s eyes. Too strong to be human, but to soft not to be. This confused Charlie to a great extent, the fact that he did not know her name but she knew his made it worse.

As he walked to his helmet and rifle he turned back to the hurt Loroi and her strong friend, only to see Doctor Murasaki speak to her.

He addressed her as if he knew her name, curses Charlie was out of ear shot and at the wrong angle to read his lips.

He looked for Angela, but to his utmost fright she was near the same Loroi who he still did not know the name of her.

Angela seemed to be thinking of an answer to a question posed the Loroi, before she could answer Doctor Murasaki spoke to the Loroi women. Angela, now freed, retreated towards Charlie at his behest, with not so subtle hand signals.

[Tell me Angela, do you know the name of the Loroi speaking to Doctor Murasaki? She knows mine and I did not respond like wise, I don`t want to offend her. At least If I speak to her again, I will be less likely to freeze up like a fool.]

Armed with new information the name of the Loroi, Stormrage, a fitting name it would seem. Charlie exchanged good natured banter with Angela before she was called away to see to some medical matter. Charlie put his gloved back on, and noticed Doctor Murasaki head to his office.

He no doubt went to summon the mad scientist, what a grand comedy a sad scientist calling forth a mad scientist.

Though Doctor Murasaki was undoubtedly sad, Ctirad Black was less mad than say... eccentric.
Charlie was fairly highly educated but Lieutenant Black was something else. Perhaps not much smarter than Charlie, he was smarter. His education was also far superior to most, on the ship.
But with all this knowledge Lieutenant Black dismissed most of the less intellectually inclined as troglodytes. Charlie took some small comfort, little and savage though it was, in the fact that in the school yard - Charlie would've eaten Lieutenant Black for breakfast.

The savage though left his head quite quickly when he remembered that Lieutenant Black was among the most high educated on the ship, if not thee most. He entitled to his ''high valued'' opinions, Charlie has only seen him a few times, and not once spoken to him all of it comes from rumor mill mostly as he spends a lot of time in the lab - a lot like a mad scientist super villain. Until Charlie knew him better he stick with scuttle butt.

His thoughts jarred from amusement, derived from Lieutenant Black laying waste to some helpless city, he saw Doctor Murasaki walk back to Stormrage.

Charlie moved back to the door and stood in the place he had before trying to help that wounded Loroi, and once again assumed the post stance.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Just a small post for tonight. Sorry, but I had to work an a few other things that took longer than expected.]

"Thank you Doctor Murasaki. I will do as you ask... I must ask, please take no offense... are you human as well? Your skin is a different shade from Charlie and your features are markedly different."

[Yes, I am a human.] he said and smiled. [We are just from different... parts of our homeworld. I´m sure there are differences in Loroi as well?]

He looked a bit at that Loroi woman as she looked around as asked further questions

"...there are so many males! Should there not be more females of your species within your crew? We were led to believe humaniti has a 1 to 1 gender distribution... is that incorrect?"

[Well... ] he tried to think about an answer to that... interesting question... [...traditionally human males are the fighters and workers in our society, as they are physically stronger than females. Thats why there are more males on the crew of Cydonia and in our military in general. Woman are however not excluded from working in any profession.]

A series of loud beeps from a medical scanner at the side of the pregnant Lorois bed caught his attention. Looking over the readings, he started to think out loud, again...

[Thats not looking good... Or... wait... That looks like... contractions?]

"My Crewsister, Soroin Paset Sedoinelo is our youngest crew member. Soroin Paset is her caste and rank... equivalent to a soldier of lower rank. Her name - Sedoinelo means "Yellow Sun". She.. is pregnant from her first mating awarded to her."

He looked back to Stormrage and couldn´t help asking:

[First mating awarded to her? What do you mean? Well... We might need help from one of your doctors here...]

---------------------

Meanwhile at the door to the guest quarters:

[Sir, do you have a moment?] Bomber asked Hadrid [There is something... odd... about one of the Loroi. She seams to keep following and observing me. Not that it is in any way distracting me from my duties, but it is just... very strange. Maybe you can ask their... What was her name again? I think it was Nelopaio, or so... Their commanding officer, about that? I think she wanted to talk with you anyway...]
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Victor_D

Post by Victor_D »

Black entered the Medbay just as Dr. Murasaki was explaining the human sex ratio. {It’s not precisely correct,} he wanted to add. {In reality, among humans male births are slightly more numerous.} But the presence of so many unfamiliar people, many of them being attractive alien females, squeezed his throat. Murasaki hadn’t noticed him standing in the door, and continued inquiring about the pregnant Loroi. {If they are artificial constructs, they clearly are capable of reproduction...} His suspicion was getting weaker the more evidence against it he was seeing. He waited for the doctor to finish, committing every detail of the conversation into memory. Then he said:
[You called for me, Doctor? How can I be of assistance…?] He looked at the pregnant Loroi again, and then back at Murasaki. His face, never really full of colour, went even paler. [I hope you don’t mean… I am in no way qualified to--] he stammered.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Stormrage seemed ...somewhat distracted for a few seconds her expression.. oddly distant...

Sanzai Conversation...
SpoilerShow
Stormrage sanzaied a broad sending to all Loroi present, {Sisters, Our crewsister Soroin Paset Sedoinelo "Yellow Sun" is in pain... she may be in labor! Paiad please come help she needs your assistance!}

{I'm at this moment unable to leave my position! How is she looking? Has her water leaked or her bottom lips opened? If the child is coming, you may have be my eyes and hands.}

{...I have never done this before. But I'll not fail my sister or her newborne... I'll do what must be done.}

{Haven't you given birth yourself? I'll do everything I could to assist you. You need clean cloth and cutting tool. If you don't find hermetically closed one, you can disinfect one with steaming water.}

{... No. I... haven't any children yet... a Teidar is always busy. I have been on the front lines for many deployments... by request. Rank has been more important to me than children. My mother is Torrai Soshret Lomisonni ‘Bright-Storm’... I have focused on trying to gain prestige to earn her respect... we are... estranged. I know its foolish.. but that has been very important to me. I have something of a ... less than adequate reputation in her eyes.}
Then she looks at Dr. Murasaki and focuses on him, "There are... not such distinctions as prominent among the Loroi. Limited mostly in intensity of skin pigment... Loroi that spend long periods aboard warships tend to be paler than most. Perhaps there is some distinction in lenght and shape of ears... but our species is very homogenous in appearance. How interesting such is not the case with humaniti!"

She cocks her head an smirks at his comment about human cultural gender roles, "Our males are... somewhat smaller than females and far less numerous. Our traditional Leadership and military roles are performed by our female gender for that reason. We see it as a evolutionary adaptation of a warrior species... at anytime we can produce more warriors as the majority of our species are female."

Stormrage steps back over to Yellow-Sun's side taking her hand, "Yes they are contractions she is giving birth. Males being rare among our species mating rights are awarded for rank and prestige - military personal having priority over civilian professions. We loroi have a usual gender distribution of 7 female children to 1 male .. therefore males are too valuable to risk in combat. I will have to help deliver Yellow-Sun's child. We must get her out of her vaccsuit."

Touching Yellow-Sun's hand she sanzai's, {Yellow-Sun, sweet sister your child is deciding now is their time to arrive I will help. Mind-link deeply with me and I shall, when you are ready, telekinetically draw your child gently forth.}

Speaking to both Dr. Muraski and Dr. Black as she starts to help Yellow-Sun out of her vacc-suit, "I'll need clean cloth and hermetically sterilized cutting tool. If you don't have such technology I'll have to disinfect one with steaming water. Hurry please doctor, I must be ready to cut and tie off the umbilical cord for the mother and the child."

It is not lost on both doctors that All Loroi females are very attractive as Storm begin to remove Yellow-Sun's vacc-suit. It doesn't seem fair that nature for some reason or another has not chosen to produce homely Loroi, at least none that have been witnessed by the crew of the Cydonia!

Once Yellow-Sun is out of her vacc-suit her bioplas armor comes next. Though Storm does something that was not obvious from her recently recorded observation... there is NO zipper or buttons to the bioplas armor! She triggers a switch at Yellow-Sun's wrist on her bioplas crewsuit... and suddenly the jumpsuit is loose on her body... some kind of memory-plastic? And a almost 'zip-lock' seal in the front of her jumpsuit is peeled open to begin removal...

Apparently Loroi have few modesty taboos either... more concerned with efficiency!
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Hi, sorry for the delay, again.]

Carefully listening to what Stormrage had to say about their culture and racial differences, he asked her:

[Would you mind, if we could talk about that later in more detail? I think Dr. Black will be here soon and he could share some more inside.]

Having said that, he could hear the door of the sickbay opening and saw Dr. Blacks face.

[I hope you don’t mean… I am in no way qualified to--]

Dr. Murasaki couldn´t help but had to start smiling.

[No, don´t be afraid. We need to find a way to ease the pain of the injured Loroi. I do not think that our... painkillers will work on them. Maybe, we both can have a look at that problem together, when this... situation is over?]

Saying that, he pointed to his office and thought for a moment on the things that are about to happen:

{Actually, that is the first baby born on board Cydonia... Do they know no shame?}

[Costello, bring her what she needs: A sterilized scalpel, some disinfecting agent for our hands, a blanket for the mother and clean towels for the child.]

He could see the others gazing at the now nude mother. He rolled his eyes and added:

[The blanket first, Angela...]

Then he turned his head back again to Stormrage:

[So, you are some form of physician? If you want, I could assist you...]

and looking back and noticing his pale face, he said to Dr. Black:

[Maybe you can start working on that... medicine against the pain? I have prepared some interessting... results there for you, that I want you to double-check. Is that okay for you? Maybe you can ask our brave "hero" at the door first, to call down our Captain and the First Officer? They might like to welcome Cydonias first baby...]

Maybe that sarcastic smile of him was a bit to much, however he likes to put Dr. Black in such situations...

---------------------

Meanwhile at the containment room:

Dr. Noel was slightly worried. He didn´t peek at the strange guest, but she hasn´t said anything since she left the room, didn´t call for help or anything.

{I should check if she is well...}

[]Having said that, he cautiously looked through the porthole of the door, seeing the "medical expert" gesticulating as if she was speaking to someone. The room was empty, he was sure of that and he could not hear the slightest sound from the inside. What he could hear was the discussion between Dr.Black, Dr. Murasaki and the other Loroi woman. Obviously, something was wrong with the pregnant one.[/i]

He gently knocked at the door and tried not to look through the porthole:

[Are you well, in there? Are you feeling better? We might need your help over here...]
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Charlie though he should be more useful, at-least go over to the Loroi is was wounded try to do...anything. She seemed to be getting worse as time went on.

But she was in good hands, Stormrage, Dr. Murasaki and Dr. Black, looking paler than usual, loomed around her in a semi circle. Charlie was to far to hear what they were saying but it seemed important somehow.

He was however at an angle that he could read Dr. Murasaki Murasaki lips, while he didn`t get it all he got the last part well enough.

[a blanket for the mother and clean towels for the child.]

She was pregnant?...

{How dense of me! That`s why Angela said go over to her, I must remind her of the farther or at least a male.}

Seeing the removal of her armor and jumpsuit was imminent, Charlie found a reason to intently study his boots.

Charlie risked a glance and saw the now blanketed Loroi. Dr. Murasaki was speaking to Dr. Black, the Loroi Stormrage was holding the hand of the pregnant Loroi and Angela was shuffling around gathering supplies.

Charlie could only stand and wounder at the humanness of it all.

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

Breaking out of her meditative state, Nelopaio almost falls off the bunk, then rights herself and barges out of the room in the wake of the Sanzai from the medical section... Following the sense of it down to where Sedoinelo has gone into labor, she slips in among those present. Knowing all too well the pains of giving birth herself, she glances at Stormrage before moving to the head of the bed, taking a seat on the edge and leaning over, one hand taking the other that Stormrage isn't already holding, and the other moving to her crewsisters cheek... Partially for comfort... Partially so she doesn't have to use that accursed amp just to 'speak'... Linked more closely through the skin to skin contact, Nelopaios mind is soothing, calm as a placid day on a lake...

{Share the pain with me, sister... I'll bear it with you.} her normally weak Sanzai murmurs into Sedoinelo's mind, {It will pass, and then your child will be among us...} Looking into her eyes, she lets her mind fall free, seeking to embrace a part of the pain, drawing it away from Sedoinelo... Nodding very slightly towards Stormrage with an 'I hope you know what you're doing' expression, she closes her eyes as the first hints of Sedoinelo's pains start to filter through...

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

"Is there something wrong?"
Paiad asked and rised up from toilet, which autoflushed itself and gave some machine voiced alarm. She ignored the message and started to examine the door and walls to the medical room. The large dimmly glowing white glass was probably a dimmered window or monitor and it took only moment to her to find out the inconspicuously looking controls. She couldn't read anything useful from the buttons and she hoped that she wasn't doing anything stupid like flushing her air, before she pushed one of them.

And her room went black. {?} Pushing the same button again gave lights back and she heard Stormrage's message of Nelopaio's arrival.
{Don't worry Stormrage. Nelopaio has done this before.}
Then she tried what the other buttons on the frame would do.
Supporter of forum RPG

Victor_D

Post by Victor_D »

[No, don´t be afraid. We need to find a way to ease the pain of the injured Loroi. I do not think that our... painkillers will work on them. Maybe, we both can have a look at that problem together, when this... situation is over? (...) Maybe you can start working on that... medicine against the pain? I have prepared some interesting... results there for you, that I want you to double-check. Is that okay for you? Maybe you can ask our brave "hero" at the door first, to call down our Captain and the First Officer? They might like to welcome Cydonias first baby...] said Dr. Murasaki, and Black almost exhaled in relief. The closest he came to participating in a surgery was an autopsy, and there is hardly much one can do to harm the patient there.

[Of course, Dr. Murasaki, I’ll take a look,] he said quickly and turned away from the awkward scene before him. He walked to the heavy set, square jawed marine who seemed preoccupied with inspecting his boots.

[Hello,] he said in his British-accented English which he learned over the course of his studies in England. [It’s Charles, isn’t it? Eh, the doctor would like you to get the Captain or perhaps the XO to get down here to see this. Could you bring one of them here, please?]

Black then proceeded to the doctor’s office to take a look at whatever he prepared for him. He was intrigued, he had to admit.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Stormrage was getting frustrated, she was tired, injured and completely not trained for delivering a baby... it was grating on her to be forced into a situation totally not her field! She was a killer and a very tired one right now... the edge of her emotional annoyance she was now too tired to expend any concentration on hiding from her aura. All the loroi could sense her growing ... moodiness.

She sanzaid tiredly, { Twilightsaber... we have an issue. Yellow Sun is having her child now! And we have no Loroi medical crewsisters available. I'll attempt to do my best here... but I'm very tired. }

Stormrage looked at Nelopaio and sanzai'ed, { Paiad says you have done this before... I haven't. Should I follow your lead in this? I was going to when Yellow Sun was ready ease the child gently from her with telekinesis in one motion... it that wise? I'm very proficient with such fine manipulation... but I will be closing my eyes so as not to reveal my talents to the watching humans. Mind link with me as well so I can see through your eyes as well ... I'll share the pain with our sister as well... to lessen your burden. }

To the watching humaniti the Loroi women Stormrage and Sunbloom hold hands and while they both touch the pregnant mother skin to skin all in silence... waiting for the moment of birth...

Sanzaing to Yellow Sun, { Whenever you are ready sweet sister.. we are ready to bring your little on into the world... }
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke