[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

sunphoenix

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonnidezzi ignores the hologram giving Malidasaria a concerned look, << [ "...we need not give information to an automated interface that might be compromised by enemy influence or under direct control." ] >>

Sonni gestures to the wall panel of the elevator shifting the electrical flow and deactivates the elevator from operating blocking the flow of current to its motors and controls.. or surveillance electronic cameras within.

Environmental Influence: Electricity [Deplete -3], Area {3 Base} = Lvl 1, 1 Environment - Electricity; +Area/2 '5' [100m r] <+2>, Range/2 [100m] <+2> {3pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Environmental Influence = +Lvl 1 {Lvl 2}, +1 Environments {Magnetism}; <2 VPP>

Speaking to the Commander << [ "Commander Ferox, I would advise us not utilizing any powered systems of this station as they can be monitored by hostiles in control of this facility. I would also suggest we STOP interfacing with this holo-Avatar. We can move through the elevator shafts without it monitoring our progress as we will not be in regular hallways or monitored systems. We do not want to let the enemy know where or how we are advancing. It would seem prudent Commander." ] >>

Not waiting for a response Sonnidezzi stretched out her magnetic senses scanning the interior of the elevator. Then looked up and gestured the maintenance hatch to the elevator shaft discovered in the roof of the elevator.. and tendril of TK force opening the hatch with but a thought.

A quick glance at Charlie. << [ "Sergent. With me." ] >>

...And lightly Sonni lifted from the floor of the elevator up throught he maintenance hatch... and as if weightless Charlie lifted as well to be settled gently on the top of the elevator. Yellow Sun entered as well and with a slight delay lifted up as well as Sonni moved to the side making room for her as she knelt and aimed her Blaster rifle up the shaft covering for any hostiles.

Telekinesis [Deplete -3], Range {1 Base} = Lvl 1, 1kg, 10m, Flight 10m/turn {5pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Telekinesis = +Lvl 2 {Lvl 3}, 100kg <12 VPP>

Over the Marine Comm-net, << [ "...I'm accessing the data of the stations schematics to plot out a route using the elevator shafts to the CIC... it of course will have security countermeasures.. but we should be able to ascend undetected and unhindered - at least until we get to the floor we need, Commander Ferox." ] >>

Skill: Computer [Electronic Warfare] - Lvl 1 = 2d6 + 5 + 1 + 1 → [4,5,5,1,1] = (16)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1287662
* Modifiers = {+5} Mind, {+1} Skill, {+1} Specialization {?}

[ P72 ]
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

[Enough!] Hadrid barked with exalted voice. [Sergeant get back to line. Your squad moves last.]

Hadrid climbed to opened hatch. Rising his head and picking from it he could see that entire shaft lost it's lights...propably thanks to sparky's doing.... Switching to NV mode Hadrid could see two ladders placed on opposite walls.

[It's dark there. Switch to night-vision and move out. We climb by twos. Soroin you with me. Ruyter, Fiore you after us. Sergeant Stone you after us.]

POST 46

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 49

The machine women rebuffed the Commander, the avatar was being cooperative as he expected to be.
[...maintenance.]
Whatever that really meant it wasn`t good, she migh've even looked sad, were she Human. It wasn`t clear what powers she had beyond simply greeting functions, given that she'd tried to turn away the task force something wasn`t entirely right, especially considering that this station should be for refueling something which this one was not. Still, she was being reasonably cooperative, although her answers were evasive for a computer perhaps the SHISF Security Man might have more luck considering his standing. Regardless, this was time being wasted, the element of surprise might be lost if it is not already. Questions about skin color and uniforms were a time suck if anything, Charlie was beginning to worry that bugs might be crawling around in the vent work setting up ambush points while discourse over who might need a doctor was going on.

The Scandinavian may have more luck dealing with the inquisitive system, at least Charlie hoped as much. Solid intelligence may immeasurably.
"Inoue. Commander Grand is KIA. Do you have realtime footage from the corridor outside the CiC?"

<< "...we need not give information to an automated interface that might be compromised by enemy influence or under direct control." >>
A troubling though, if the bugs could grab Human systems it would indicate a disterbing level of knowledge of TCA Military Hardware.

<< "Commander Ferox, I would advise us not utilizing any powered systems of this station as they can be monitored by hostiles in control of this facility. I would also suggest we STOP interfacing with this holo-Avatar. We can move through the elevator shafts without it monitoring our progress as we will not be in regular hallways or monitored systems. We do not want to let the enemy know where or how we are advancing. It would seem prudent Commander." >>
{Gonna be slow progress cracking every door manually, might be they already know we are here, also gonna be tough to shut down internals like security. Worse, the iron giant might not fit up there thats some serious steel he has. He would have good intel on the goings on of this place. Still, the caution is definitely not misplaced. Whatever, it`s a decision that`s above my pay grade.}

Not willing to wait for the Commander Sonni forced the elevator`s maintenance hatch open, it wasn`t too high up, an easy jump to grab on pull ones self up.
<< "Sergent. With me." >>
Charlie looked at Sonni to try and guess as to what she might be thinking, clearly she wanted to get up there, where she was going besides up was anyone's guess. She had a map courtesy of the Commander. Still, it was a rough map, it didn`t list everything on the station.

But before he could gleam anything from that look she was floating away, up out the hatch.
{Easier than jumping I guess, a lot more graceful if anything. Kind of angelic.}
Before Charlie even had time to line up a proper jump he was inexplicably floating.
{WHAT THE... SHIT! SHIT! I can`t... I can`t move! UP? Is it Sonni? Don`t drop me, please!}
The weightless feeling was disorienting, and it`s suddenness was frighting. Charlie had micro gravity training but this was unexpected and extremely unnerving. It was all Charlie could do not to cry out or struggle at first. Once he knew whom was lifting him it got somewhat better, even though the flight and landing were gentle, smooth and without fault, it was not something Charlie would want to do again without being ready. It was something that would take getting used to.
{Breath, don`t show anything, I am fine now. What? I can`t see anything, even the emergency lights are out. Strange.}

Charlie switched to Night Vision, the shaft was fairly standard as elevator shafts go. Two ladders on either side gave access to the floors above. Nothing of note was above. One of the Loroi followed in her harrowing flight, probably not scary for her anyway, as she immediately to up position watching the skies.

Sonni used the radio to make a general broadcast.
<< "...I'm accessing the data of the stations schematics to plot out a route using the elevator shafts to the CIC... it of course will have security countermeasures.. but we should be able to ascend undetected and unhindered - at least until we get to the floor we need, Commander Ferox." >>
{Yeah, if I don`t need a change of pants on the way, I think I'll climb.}

<< "Enough!" >> The Commander barked with every bit of authority that his high rank brought him, it was maybe half a frighting as the flight up, it had a considerable amount of fear, fear drilled in by different Boot Camps.

<< "Sergeant get back to line. Your squad moves last." >>
<< "B-b-but Sir. We are... already up here. You want me to climb down?" >>
Charlie didn`t give the order to ascend, but Charlie Squad was already up on top of the elevator. However, given space it would be possible to get down from up there.
<< "Commander, sir. Perhaps my Squad should take point. Teidar Stormrage will be able to shut down electricals." >>
Charlie had made his case, the Commander was the highest ranking officer on mission and gave his orders, orders that he would follow.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Hadrid looked up to see "flying" Charlie. {damm you Aldridge} While it was starting to piss him off badly he couldn't let his anger do the job for him. He had to control entire situation and 'Sparki' did not help.

[No, Stay there and wait for the rest. And sergeant stay there!]

Turning to remaining squads in elevator and at entrance. [Stone move. Let's see if Mr. Vättenman fits the hatch.]

POST 47
Last edited by Beliskner on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonnidezzi peering down the hatchway nods to Nelopaio and Malidasaria and gently plucks them from the deck plates one by one lifting them up through the hatch and up into the elevator shaft floating them near the ladders within easy reach for them to secure themselves before releasing her gentle telekinetic hold upon them.

Switching to Comms, << [ "Commander Ferox, if you would like I can easily lift all of you into the shaft to make this ascent quicker - rather than you all clambering up on your own. Also, do I infer correctly, that you now want Charlie Squad on rear guard? My abilities are best utilized on point... but it is your decision." ] >>

[ P73 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Malidasaria is floated up the shaft, grinning rather idiotically in the process. She then takes hold of the ladder and begins to climb.
Don't delay, join today!

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Just a quick update tonight to catch up with you. Couldn't finish everything and will post the rest, including a decent plan for that station, as soon as I can.]

The hologram listened to Malidasaria and answered:

[Irasshaimase Mizol Losat Malidasaria and Teidar Sezon Sonnidezi! Welcome aboard this combined SHI and TCA installation! I am not familiar with a SHI or branch called Loroi. Please specify and or explain further details.]

Having said that she replied to Torleif:

[I am sorry, the videolink to the CIC is not working because of... maintenance... I am awaiting further orders from Commander Grand. His last instructions happened jus....]

Suddenly some kind of interference could be seen running through the hologram. Its form and colors were changing randomly for a brief moment, before it was deactivated, together withe the strange music and the lights of the elevator.

As the Lorois and Humans from Cydonia then entered the shaft, the emergency lights of started to do their work, turning everything into a strange, orange colored light. At the same time a small handrail detached from the side of the wall close to the ladder upwards and through their com link an all familiar voice could be heard:

[This is Inoue. Because of a malfunction I am using the stations com channel to be of use.] after a brief pause she added: [I must inform you that using strong electromagnetic fields inside the station is not allowed and won't be tolerated by SHI and TCA security. Keep in mind that you are using the emergency ladder at your own risk. Keep in mind to use the security rail and connect your suite to it. It is recommended to wait in the elevator till SHI repair teams have arrived.]
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

Roland Made a few mental notes on Unit discipline and cohesion int he future. The abilities of the Loroi were definitely going to make things interesting. Even in his armor Roland could manage the door and the shaft, the marine armor was designed to make it very easy to move about in most combat environments, including ship board. If there was a space too small for his armor, you probably didn't need a marine for the job.

"Aye sir, on the move. Mr. Vättenman... Follow me, stay close, and Be ready for action...the rest of you move in pairs. One up, one on watch." Roland barked orders crisply and started up the lift shaft."I'll o it the old fashioned way if you don't mind. He added toward who ever was doing the lifting trick.

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

Hearing the warning from the automated system, Nelopaio sighs slightly as she's raised via telekinesis, then takes hold of the ladder, climbing after Malidasaria. For now, she's quiet... Stormrage is in tactical command, and she herself is mostly just following for the time being, mind occupied by her own thoughts...

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

De Ruyter, being on his best behavior for now, does exactly as asked. Staying close with the group for now, at least happy he's getting some eye candy as the group prepares to move. Female forms are just that much nicer to be around then males. He relaxed slightly and took a position that gave him a good overview, masking his lechery by taking broad looks through the environment.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Stormrage directs all of Charlie Squad to begin their ascent... all the while she holds position atop the elevator watch them all ascend until she is the only her and Charlie remain.

<< [ "Sergeant Aldridge, go. I'll hold position here ... inform me when everyone has completed the ascent. I'll ascend when all have reached our objective level. If anyone should fall I'm here to catch them with telekinesis." ] >>

[ P74 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Hujedamig

Post by Hujedamig »

Torleif switched his suit optics per Cmd.Ferox order. With hulking steps he walked to the elevator where the door to the shaft was. It didn't let him through. But after some persuasion from the exosuits servos the door gladly let him inside. Pros and cons, pros and cons...
He thought to himself that climbing inside a elevator shaft with his sort of ordinance would not be a walk in the park. Looking at a specific female he said ¤"Miss Teidar. Can you get me up there?"¤

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonni looks down through the elevator maintenance hatch in ceiling of the elevator car... remembering the powered armor trooper from SHI.

Looking at the hatch and the bulk of his suit's shoulders... it is obvious to her that he will NOT fit through that hatchway... regardless of her talents. Looking at the elevator she is standing on... she is pretty sure she could... eventually tear open the top of it with enough applied Telekinetic force... but that would be Very unsubtle... possibly counter-productive as well as in setting off security alarms and angering the already touchy Human Field Commander Ferox.

She grimaces slightly then concentrates... expanding her magnetic senses... and suddenly a simple solution presents itself.

<< [ "Please step out of the elevator... Torr-leff. You will not fit through the hatchway... but there is an easier... non-destructive way." ] >>

With Torleif off the elevator Sonni seizes control of the electrical controls around her again and commands the elevator to lower into standby mode in the elevator pit below... lowering the top of the elevator to the level of the floor of the Hanger/Lab Bay floor outside the elevator.

<< [ "There... sorry I did not realize this was possible before. It would have been easier for other to make their accent... rather than clambering up through the hatch. Please fo9llow the others using the maintenance wall mounted rungs. I'll follow when all have made their ascent." ] >>

[ P75 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 50

Charlie tabbed his coms-unit to respond to the Commander.
<< "Aye, aye sir. Holding position." >>
<< "Commander Ferox, if you would like I can easily lift all of you into the shaft to make this ascent quicker - rather than you all clambering up on your own. Also, do I infer correctly, that you now want Charlie Squad on rear guard? My abilities are best utilized on point... but it is your decision." >>
{Hmm, somehow, I think, that won`t be happening, not ever. I mean, I wouldn`t want to go again, probably not... maybe.}

Charlie watches as more Loroi are lifted up, it was something that the Commander would definitely not consent to.

Charlie listened to the Virtual Station Assistant, he didn`t trust the machine as it tried to hide information before, without a good reason as of yet.
[This is Inoue. Because of a malfunction I am using the stations com channel to be of use.]{Oh, good, you won`t be leaving us.}
[I must inform you that using strong electromagnetic fields inside the station is not allowed and won't be tolerated by SHI and TCA security. Keep in mind that you are using the emergency ladder at your own risk. Keep in mind to use the security rail and connect your suite to it. It is recommended to wait in the elevator till SHI repair teams have arrived.]
{TCA isn`t owned by SHI, why does she keep going on about TCA. She tried to turn as away knowing full well whom we are. I don`t like it, something is wrong, more than just normal corporate interests. I just know we are going to find something bad in there.}
It made things mush easier knowing that the Staff Sergeant was about, Charlie knew his friend had a good head on his shoulders. Especially considering that he choose to take the easy jump over "Flight Time".

<< "Sergeant Aldridge, go. I'll hold position here ... inform me when everyone has completed the ascent. I'll ascend when all have reached our objective level. If anyone should fall I'm here to catch them with telekinesis." >>
<< "Right, then I'm moving up. Yeah, I'll give you the word. At least if someone did fall you could catch them, it`s good to know. >>

Charlie holstered his side arm and cradled the bomb drone a bit closer to his body, he was on the ladder but not very high before he heard the SHISF trooper asking after Sonni. He wanted to get up here, but there was no way he was gonna fit.
{Oh right, the Jolly Iron Giant, how is he gonna fit? Hmm, Sonni tearing off the top of the elevator car isn`t the best idea, I don`t think. Not very conspicuous, by any standards. I guess I could get the Plasma Cutter from the Shuttle, shouldn`t take to long to burn a hole right through, it'd be a lot more quiet.}
Yet, all of his ladder musings were moot, as Sonni had what could only be described as an eureka moment. While brilliant as a solution, she was right, it would have been easier sooner.
{Oh well, could be worse I guess, I wouldn`t have thought of that.}
Charlie tabbed his coms once more, broadcasting on Charlie Squads`s frequency.
<< "Nice going, I'm gonna start climbing, won`t be long till I reach up there. Once Torleif is up there with us, I'll call back down." >>
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Hujedamig

Post by Hujedamig »

Stepping back inside. His armored face seemingly "looked" in the small womans eyes, telling her he was ready for whatever mind powers she uses to propell people up the elevator shaft.
Well. This oughta be different. He thought.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonni is looking up the elevator shaft when the powered armor trooper stepped back in the elevator. When she realized he did not start climbing the elevator shaft she turned her attention his way looking at him somewhat confused.

Realizing he was expecting her to lift him... she folds her arms across her breast and looks his suit up and down...pondering how likely heavy he was.

It was a simple contemplative gesture from the petite alien woman... but still very fetching even in her armored vacc-suit.

Thinking, {Hmmm... perhaps he's about 300 or so Humaniti kilograms... well within my capacity.}

Focusing her attention on him her posture shifts her arms dropping and her pretty green eyes burning with an intensity of concentration... gently she lifts from the floor about a foot...suspended in air.

For Torleif he feels his center of balance suddenly shift then vanish all together as he begins to 'fall' upwards... slowly the sensation very similar to being in space freefall weightlessness. But his is not alone keeping pace with his fall upwards near him is the petite alien woman..a slight smile on her face. The rate of their ascent is about 10meters/4sec at its fastest almost 1 G of acceleration. The effort does not seem to tax her overmuch.. though it is obvious some level of exertion is needed for such a feat of telekinetic power...

Telekinesis [Deplete -3], Range {1 Base} = Lvl 1, 1kg, 10m, Flight 10m/turn {5pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Telekinesis = +Lvl 3 {Lvl 4}, 1,000kg, 10kg-hurled object {Weapon Lvl1, Range/1 '10m'} <Shift VPP - Full TK 24pts>

Total Cost: 1EP{1 min} / Current Energy: 53

Sonni and Torlief swiftly pass the climbing marines and Loroi. At the top of the shaft on the floor of their destination she gestures to the wall rungs and Torlief floats within arms reach.

<< [ "There now take a grip of the rungs and wait for the rest to arrive. I'm going back down to make sure if someone should loose their grip... I can catch them." ] >>

With no further words she drops back down the shaft seemingly in freefall... until she is out of sight. To those climbing shortly Sonni drops by as if falling uncontrolled but she seems unconcerned in the brief glimpse of her they get as she falls past their laborious climbing efforts. Sonni returns to the elevator car and hold position again. Watching to catch any who might weaken from fatigue loose grip and fall.

[ P76 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Hujedamig

Post by Hujedamig »

As he was floating he wondered if the railings would hold his weight. But he didn't have much choice as the woman was gesturing him to grab them.
Not wanting to strain the railings for too long, he asked the stations AI/VI.
"-Inoue. What is the status on this floor and the imediate proximity behind the doors?"-

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Hadrid looked as his team moved up. Hearing sparky's offer, he only chucked and jumped on the ladder, starting climbing up.

POST 48

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Ok, here we go again. Sorry for the very long delay, it was not planed. Anyway, please take a look at the map of the station, if you have not done that yet. Link: here I hope you don't mind that I speed up things.
Some (maybe) music for you: Link]

Inoue answered Torleifs question with a long delay, while the others were already on their way to the Command Deck and Fiore had almost reached the door to that deck.

[I am sorry Torleif, but this Cargobay is... closed down... Please go back to the lift. Help is on the way... The Commander promised!]

Suddenly the light in the shaft died down to almost complete darkness and a strange howling could be heard from below.

Corp. Fiore was the first to speak: [Hey! Hologram, whats the matter?]

But the only answer was: [I do n......] followed by a very loud static noise.

After a brief moment, the light switched on again, or at least some of them, flashing in a bright orange color and the howling got even stronger and the ladder started to slowly retract back into its hold. The disturbing static noise from the comunits stopped, too.
Suddenly, a louder and much more "male" human voice could suddenly be heard:

[Emergency lift evacuation! Electromagnetic launch system out of order! RATO failsafe system powering up! Please fasten your seatbelt and remain in an upright position! Time to launch: 59 seconds! Emergency lift evacuation! Electromagnetic launch system out of order! RATO failsafe...]

After a brief moment of silence Fiore asked: [Commander? I reached the door to the command deck, but its sealed! You know that those lifts are designed to work as an escape pod, too? So it will launch into open space and we shouldn't be here when it does!]

The she started to take a closer look at the door and tried to find an opening, a console, whatever. But the door was sealed with an bulkhead that closes in emergency situations and in her growing panic, she could not find a manual override.

[Cazzo!] she yelled into her helmet and wasn't sure if they could get out of here in time. Meanwhile, the male voice could be heard again:

[52 seconds till departure!]

To the Loroi:
SpoilerShow
Although weak, a sansai could be sensed by every Loroi in the shaft, as if someone was screaming with its last breath: {They found you! The masters have found you!}
To Hujedamig:
SpoilerShow
For a moment, Torleif heard a weak audio transmission filled with static, but all he could understand was:
[I am s[...]ry To[...]fe!]
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Hujedamig

Post by Hujedamig »

[I am sorry Torleif, but this Cargobay is... closed down... Please go back to the lift. Help is on the way... The Commander promised!]
"¤Go back to... Inoue, what are you trying to do?¤"
Suddenly the light in the shaft died down to almost complete darkness and a strange howling could be heard from below.

Corp. Fiore was the first to speak: [Hey! Hologram, whats the matter?]

But the only answer was: [I do n......] followed by a very loud static noise.
{Not this too...} Then the orange light came on and the ladders started to retract. {Damn.}
He had been briefed on the stations "lifeboats" and how it works. Then the voice of the automated system could be heard. Now this was a really bad place to hold up. Then he heard one of the Cydonia people:
[Commander? I reached the door to the command deck, but its sealed! You know that those lifts are designed to work as an escape pod, too? So it will launch into open space and we shouldn't be here when it does!]
[Cazzo!]
"Cazzo" sounded much like a curse. She probably could not find the override. Switching to the com he adressed one who probably had his cool.
[Mr Steen! Bottom left, next to the bulkhead. Red lever. Break the glas and yank it down! If the doors don't open automatically, slide them manually. The clamps will release.]

Looking down he saw the small woman standing on top of the lift and the commander still climbing. He then said; [Teidar. Get up here at once.]

As the ladders were retracting in a synchronized, even flow, he lowered his cannon and held the barrel pointing downwards next to the commander. If the ladders would catch up to him he could grab on to the cannon. If they were unlucky enough.

To Hujedamig:
For a moment, Torleif heard a weak audio transmission filled with static, but all he could understand was:
[I am s[...]ry To[...]if!]
"¤INOUE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?¤"
For the others he seemingly yelled out in the blue. But still... He treated the AI as a friend and that personal transmission made him nervous. He didn't know if she was compromised or in some way were forced to engage the "lifeboat system".

If they survive he would damn well find out.