[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

sunphoenix

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Post by sunphoenix »

Stormrage enters Sun Blooms room not requesting entry as she is expected...

And is surprised to find the human female crewmen there...

Storm walks up not having had any close contact with human females she eyed them curiously.

They were about the same stature and build as Loroi females... faintly she smelled... flowers of some sort. The scent of human female flesh she pondered... or are they wearing some form of perfume? Judging them closely... Storm could understand why human males might find Loroi so appealing.. human females were very similar in build and makeup. Fascinating... briefly she wondered if human females would have a different lotai 'feel' to them...

Stormrage only nodded in greeting remaining silent for the time being for Sunbloom to direct her to where she would want to speak. She did not cherish the thought of 'experimenting' with human food... especially when she was finally feeling her own hunger growing...

She waited to be addressed... sanzaing, {Sun Bloom. You wished to speak with me?}

Was she supposed to met these human women for some reason she wondered?
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Yiuel

Post by Yiuel »

Softsapphire was getting ready. She knew that the next step will be the meal. Nobody knew what food should they eat; she thus decided to bring her personal analyser to check out the food. How many times did it save her from a very bad stomachache with the Neridi. All dressed up in her Lister attire, she got out, and then addressed Twilightsaber through Sanzai.

{Twilightsaber, I wish to speak with you. I also made sure to bring my analyser; I don't want any of you to get a stomachache by eating food that doesn't suit Loroi metabolism. At least, I know that the basics of our internal chemisty match; we share the same chirality.}
la nɔtʀʏltsɪmœ ʀɛv, dɛ ʒã puʀ la pʀɔtɛʒe
nu vœnõ dõkœ dœ tupaʀtu, puʀ ɛtʀœ sa ɡʀãdaʀme
dœ la site pʀɔtɛktœʀ, dœ sœ ʀɛvœ defãsœʀ
ynjõ dœ la fɔʀsœ dœ tus, nu vwasijalɔʀ lɛzɔʀiɔnɪt

- The Chant of A Certain Army

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

To Softsapphire:
SpoilerShow
{I am listening, sister. What do you want to talk about? Its a wise choice to bring that analyser along...}
She sanzaied this to her, together with a strong, but friendly feeling of curiosity.
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Charlie did not notice as Roland sat, strange considering Charlie liked the man.

{I'm still distracted...}

[Good morning sir.]

Roland nodded in the direction of Commander Ferox.

[Charlie, hope the eggs are better than they look today.]

[Not by much, and I haven`t even have any.]

Charlie answered.

The three men ate breakfast and drank coffee in relative silence, no one saying much. Then what can only be described as a throng of giggling school girls hovered at the edge of Charlie`s perception. But at the moment Charlie still felt distracted, and gave them no notice.

[Good morning!] spoke Ensign Anderson in a obviously mischievous voice, as usual, Charlie however could not see her big smile as he did not look up.

The small women glided into her seat with hardly a sound, and sipped at her coffee.

Charlie felt something weird... he found out what a moment later he he hazarded a glance at Ensign Anderson. She was staring at him as far as he could guess, but she had a huge grin - as if she knew something secret.

{I hope she doesn`t know anything... She can`t I don`t remember anyone else...}

[Oh, poor Charlie...]

{What? What does she know?}

[What's it all about?] Hadrid said, finishing his coffee.

[Ah never mind probably I don't want to know.]

Charlie relief was palpable.

Commander Ferox stood and looked at Roland and spoke.

[Sergeant, please sent those training drills which you were working on to my computer. I will look at them in free time.. ]

Ensign Anderson turned to Ferox as he was about to leave, a look of worry clear on her face.

[Sir... you´re leaving already? I´m sorry... It was just some gossip about him and I wanted to check if he was okay...]

Then he left, heading towards "kitchen return window", and promptly dropped off his tray.

{I have to find out what she knows...}

Charlie looked at Ensign Anderson, he looked more distressed than before.

[Uhm... Ensign? I'm... fine. Would you mind telling me what they are saying?

Charlie remained looking hopefully in Anderson`s direction.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Yiuel

Post by Yiuel »

To Twilightsaber:
SpoilerShow
{I am listening, sister. What do you want to talk about? Its a wise choice to bring that analyser along...}

{Well, first, I wanted to let you know about Stormrage. She is feeling well, but I will go through a few sessions with her to heal a wound she got long in the past that wasn't well healed. This should not impede on her duties, and it will make her even better. I also checked on her relation with the human and will keep monitoring about it.

Otherwise, I still have that meeting with their own Listel, or "scientist" as they say. I believe I heard he had some issues, but I will also question him on a few things. Also, I will try to get a hold on the human Stormrage touched. I want to make sure he is alright as well. And if he isn't, well they have a good psychologist and a professional about sanzai on hand to help him.}

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Suederwind wrote:“There is a... recreation area... in the mess deck, too. I am sure I can take you there, if you like.”
Mallidasaria's stomach rumbles as she turns to face Ensign Cho.

“I would appreciate that at present.”
Don't delay, join today!

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Complied Conversation between Stormrage & Sun Bloom
SpoilerShow
Sunbloom simply nods, looking at Stormrage momentarily... Then addresses Ensign Cho once more, "If you could give us a brief time alone, Ensign Cho, it would be greatly appreciated." she says, slightly more authority in her tone, but still with it's pleasant overtone. Assuming she complies, Nelopaio waits until she is out of the room, then stands, her gaze fixed on the Teidar...

{There are two matters I wish to discuss with you, Sezon.} she sanzai's, the 'static' not so bad at this range, an undertone of seriousness to the thought, {As you have been under great strain during the last two days, I'll be somewhat lenient... But my concerns will be addressed, regardless. First, there is the issue of the blatant challenging of Mizol Parat Twilightsabers authority the other night.} she sends, surprisingly mild in its undertone, an understanding there, {I assume that it was merely immense fatigue talking, yes?}

Stormrage watches as the human women leave... again curious about their thoughts... and emotions on the sudden presence of so many 'human-like' females among their crew.

{I wonder if human females are territorial...?}, she ponders in silence.

When they are alone Stormrage moves closer.

But her expression and mental response to Sun Bloom's inquiry is one of puzzlement.

Her sanzai response is calm and her aura unagitated, {I'm not exactly sure I understand your meaning Sun Bloom. Teidar do not answer to Mizol. It is not a challenge to her overall mission directives to follow my orders from Torrai - Command. Personally, I think Twilight Saber is making excellent progress in dealing with the humans. And nothing I did ... or will do will jeapordize that... I assure you. But the absence of our Captain Copper Spear is a ... unfortunate development. Twilight Saber an I must discus that at some point.. but I think the matter is obvious..at least to me that YOU should take command of the overall mission... of course, in proper deference to Twilight Saber's authority in matters of Diplomacy. The chain of command must be addressed at some point since our Captain is likely going to remain unfit for duty until proper Loroi medical treatment can be obtained. }

There is calm power in her thoughts... whatever her private proclivities ... there is a controlled serene undercurrent of confidence... not defiance but a surety of their success.

Nelopaio waits through the answer, her expression neutrally unreadable... Letting a moment of silence fall into place before continuing, {You seem to be misinformed... First, you DO report to her, as the ranking diplomat on a diplomatic mission, regardless of your feelings in the matter, Sezon. I also report to her, regardless of mine. There will be no dissension in this matter. We cannot afford it.} she sends, the finality in the sending rock solid, tinged with a genuine concern for the crew and the mission. A moment later, her tone changes to be more informative, {As for your concerns of the chain of command itself, the chain of command takes care of itself, so there will be no confusion there. As the surviving, ranking officer of the Argent Fire, I'm now acting commander, which also encompasses all of the surviving Teidar, including yourself, as well as Soroin. This is how it was laid out to start with, long before either of us, and thus, is what takes place. Consequently, that makes YOU the first officer, and I need to be able to rely on that no matter what.} she continues, the tone dropping a few degrees to take on a cool undertone... Neither uncivil nor outright rude, but commanding in the purest sense, {Second, these orders from Torrai command. As the ranking officer of the Argent Fire, I'm hereby ordering you to disclose them. With the captain incapacitated, her responsibilities fall to me, which includes your actions in every way, shape, and form. Regardless of any assurance, or my trust in it, and you, lacking the knowledge needed to react to it could endanger myself, the crew, and the mission, which is unacceptable. I need to know.}

Storm sighs but there is not the hint of defiance merely weariness of being in a political struggle that is not of her making, {No. Teidar do not answer, report to, or are under the command of Mizol. Especially, when I have orders expressly specifying otherwise - albeit, limited to the concerns of Torrai Command. I am ... of course obliged to assist the Mizol in accomplishing her duties and deferring to her situational authority during diplomatic proceedings - I am expected to be cooperative which I have every intention to be for the sake of the mission... but I am not under her command. My feelings on the matter are inconsequential... I have orders. My feelings are I wish that Torrai Command and Mizol Intelligence would have left me OUT of this inner squabble of theirs! You are correct the dissension between them is counter-productive and unaffordable. I'm a Teider.. not a spy or saboteur!}

Storm listens and grimaces a little her emotions softening at next sending almost as if pitying her simple understanding of the situation, {I wish it were that simple Sun Bloom really. Have you pondered this... what happens if you are, as would naturally occur, take command of the mission and say in a weeks time Copper Spear awakes? She will obviously want her command back... naturally.. what if she does not agree with the issues that have been negotiated? She IS overall mission commander. There would be an argument and a un-united front presented to the Humans. It could cause issue with the negotiations in the future and uncertainty over what has already been negotiated. I know it is on the surface a 'diplomatic' mission within Mizol jurisdiction.. but we BOTH know its not that simple! Twilight Saber and Copper Spear did not get along well. It was Copper Spear's first serious command and Twilightsaber was always challenging her on her decisions. Drag YOU into the mix and things could get very much out of hand on this. It would have been far simpler if Torrai would have just placed a Commander in the Captaincy... instead they sent me with... questionable directives. Trust me I don't envy anyone at this point being in command of this mission.}

Storm listens to the request and gets a sour look on her face, {My orders were specifically not to reveal them to any other crew save the Captain. Which is totally the problem in this situation as Copper Spear knows what those directives were. Will you accept responsibility for removing Copper Spear from overall Command of the mission to replace her 'here and now' as Captain of the Argent Fire Crew? I agree in this case you Need to Know.. but you accept a great amount of responsibility and accountability for pulling rank to be made party to this... as then the directives become also your responsibility! Just keep in mind... you may assume command and as Captain order me to reveal my orders... I can only tell you what I know, but you still won't know everything! I have no idea what orders or additional secret directives Copper Spear was given. You don't think I'm the only one operating under unrevealed Torrai Command Directives do you? You take on a lot of responsibility to assume the captaincy... uninformed.}

...It's a momentary bit of amusement that crosses her mind, compounded with a headache, when she answers, {Sezon... Neither of us are in an enviable position. First, yes, I'm willing to stick my hand into the fire for you. I always am. I know what I'm asking, and I know what the consequences might mean for us both, but in this case, I need to know what these directives are, and what effect they may have... And normally, no, neither of us would report to a Mizol... But are you trained in diplomacy? I certainly am not. We all need to be in the same chain of command, Sezon, in these circumstances.} she sends, her tone softening in empathy...

She continues her sending, an earnestness in it, {We no longer have a ship to return to the Union. However much I may hate it, we're dependent on these humaniti to both return home, and do so successfully. That shuttle would never sustain us. It's not designed to. So, for the good of every one of our surviving sisters, we're playing good diplomats, weather we are or not... And to clarify, I'm hardly pulling rank... The moment she was incapacitated, her command falls to me, along with all the headaches and inter caste games she might have gotten caught up in. Am I up to the challenge? I'd like to think so. Do I want to be a party to this mess? No. But I don't have a choice, and I refuse to shy away from my duty.}

{As for assuming her command completely? I have to do just that, and I will. She might awaken tomorrow, or never. And our mission itself was ordered by the Emperor. Compared to that, the games of the Torrai and Mizol don't mean a damned thing, even if we do have to play them... I was you, not long ago. I was Unsheathed. I know risk, and I know what the price can be. If you burn, so do I. And think of me what you will for this... But she was not the only one who challenged the captain's orders. I was entirely against engaging that scout ship, given our mission, but whats done is done, and cannot be undone. All we are left with is what we can do.} she continues, a bit of bitterness, but also a kindred sensation entering her thought-speech.

{The simple answer is, yes, I will assume that responsibility. Yes, I understand that the captain may have additional directives. But so long as she remains insensate, she wont be carrying much of anything out, will she? And yes, I know I might well wind up answering to a lot of very displeased Torrai... In the end, little of that matters. Beyond all the games, and their implications, do you realize the implications for their race? Humaniti? Do you know what will happen if this mission fails to construct channels of communication? The anti-neutrality policy is clear. They wont survive. That is what pushes me into stepping into a position I do not want, right alongside carrying out our mission, Sezon. Do you understand me now?} she asks, every word spoken truthfully, with a resolve to it that speaks volumes of the one behind it.

Stormrage listens and slowly visibly relaxes her mental shields and emotions visibly settling the tension in her aura. Her expression one of relief... and mutual respect.

{You don't know how relieved I am to have someone to speak to who understands my prickly situation! Thank you for being understanding. So let's make this official for the crew and for the record... then I can fill you in on my ...'directives' so we can both get on with our tasks of making the best of this messed us situation!}
To the Loroi {A Broadband General Sanzai}
SpoilerShow
Shifting her sharp mind to a broad sanzai transmission for all the crewsisters to hear... {Twilight Saber. Sun Bloom and I have come to an ...accord. She is wishing to replace our incapacitated captain and assume full Command in her place for the duration of our diplomatic mission. I can see no reason to deny or question her suitability. Do you concur?}
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Paiad listened the sanzai broadcast and thought, how it will affect to their mission.
SpoilerShow
.o{It should have done earlier, but she was sure that every caste had their own secret missions.
She had her own, but now she had no equipments to follow them, which was probably good thing.
No need to mention those to anyone.}
Last edited by bunnyboy on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supporter of forum RPG

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Sorry for any confusion and me being a lazybones. I hope the Loroi can finally leave their quarters now.]

To Softsapphire:
SpoilerShow
{Well, first, I wanted to let you know about Stormrage. She is feeling well, but I will go through a few sessions with her to heal a wound she got long in the past that wasn't well healed. This should not impede on her duties, and it will make her even better. I also checked on her relation with the human and will keep monitoring about it.

Otherwise, I still have that meeting with their own Listel, or "scientist" as they say. I believe I heard he had some issues, but I will also question him on a few things. Also, I will try to get a hold on the human Stormrage touched. I want to make sure he is alright as well. And if he isn't, well they have a good psychologist and a professional about sanzai on hand to help him.}

{I am aware of her mental status and are monitoring her because of that. Please understand, that we can not let her endanger those fragile relations we have established with her actions. I would appreciate it, if you could keep checking her mental status once in a while. But be aware that dealing with a mental instable Teidar is not without danger. Contact me if something... goes wrong... You know what I mean...

These other things sound very reasonable to me. I will ask that "Ensign" if she could arrange a meeting with that "scientist".}

Twilightsaber waited outside Nelopaios quarters with the humans, Softsapphier, Paiad and Mallidasaria. Whatever they were discussing inside that cabin, she was sure it wouldn´t stay inside those walls forever. So there was no need for her to investigate that any further. She turned towards Ensign Cho and asked:

[Ensign? One of our sisters had requested a meeting with one of your "scientists"...]

Esign Cho looked up from a datapad she was holding in her hands and checked something.

[A scientist? She must have meant Dr. Black. I will ask him for meeting us at the messdeck, if she likes?]

However, the sisters were receiving that broadband Sanzai from Stormrage at that moment and Twilightsaber was surprised. She hadn´t expected this meeting to be over that quick. She tought for a brief moment and answered this:

SpoilerShow
{I concur that she is in command of the military part of the mission, as long as Copperspear is not able to fulfill her duties.}

She then turned her full attention back to Ensign Cho who was talking to Mallidasaria. She looked a bit surprised seeing her like this.

[Uhm... if you could just wait another moment, please? ... I have orders to take you there in one group. I hope this is okay for you? ... Uhm... I am sorry, but I think that I don´t know your name yet... My name is Cho and my rank is Ensign. Who are you?]

Twilightsaber waited for her to end her speech, smiled and then said to her:

[I am sorry for interrupting you, but yes, we would appreciate if you could arrange such a meeting.]

[Cho looked a bit confused and quickly answered:]

[Oh, yes... thats not a problem, I think.] she then pushed a button on her com-unit and tried to reach Dr. Black. [Ensign Cho for Dr. Black: Could we please meet at the messdeck? One of our "guests" wants to speak with you... Cho out.]

She then waited for Mallidasaria and Dr Blacks answer, after which Stormrage and Nelopaio left the private cabin of the now new commanding officer. Cho noticed that and asked the waiting Loroi:

[Are these all volunteres? Should we leave now and go to the messdeck? The Captain asked the chief to prepare a range of meals for you to try. Is there anything we should know about diet restrictions or similar things?]

Meanwhile in the messdeck:

[Uhm... Ensign? I'm... fine. Would you mind telling me what they are saying?]

Anderson turned back to him

[Are you sure you are fine? You don look like that... More like there is something troubling you... Oh Well... what they said? There are some who have seen you leaving those "guest" quarters... You looked like you have seen a ghost or had been drinking... Uhm... some even say... ] she blushed a bit and then continued: [...that you and one of those... uhm... "blueskins"... you escorted there did more than just... talking. Please tell me that isn´t true...]
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Suederwind wrote:“Uhm... if you could just wait another moment, please? ... I have orders to take you there in one group. I hope this is okay for you? ... Uhm... I am sorry, but I think that I don´t know your name yet... My name is Cho and my rank is Ensign. Who are you?”
“My name is Mizol Losat Malidasaria. Mizol Losat denotes respectively my caste and rank, the latter being the second highest that a Mizol can attain. My spoken name translates as ‘Thoughtvenom’, although I much prefer its native form.”
Don't delay, join today!

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

Nodding slightly at the responses, without a hint of self-satisfaction, but rather a simple sense of progression, Nelopaio regards Stormrage for a few moments, {We'll hold a debriefing later today regarding these directives. I think we both need something to eat, and a little time to relax. Besides... It would be rude to keep them waiting any longer. The firepits might get cold.} she quips, the sending tinged with a bit of humor regarding the 'primitive' state of the vessel, limited to the two Loroi she had been speaking to. Emerging from the cabin, the first one she regards is Ensign Cho, offering the woman a faint smile, "My apologies for my earlier misunderstanding of your duties, Ensign Cho. I did not mean any offense. As it is, we have concluded our business for the moment, and would be quite willing to accompany you." she states in that velvet smooth tone of hers... "And it would also be quite helpful to arrange a meeting of the senior staff of your vessel with the surviving members of the command staff of the Argent Fire. I suspect we will have much to discuss."

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Back in the guest quarters:

“My name is Mizol Losat Malidasaria. Mizol Losat denotes respectively my caste and rank, the latter being the second highest that a Mizol can attain. My spoken name translates as ‘Thoughtvenom’, although I much prefer its native form.”

[Uhm... I understand, is it okay if I call you Losat Malidasaria? I... don´t want to offend you...]
{Thoughtvenom? A strange name...}

Ensign Cho turned to Nelopaio as she and Stormrage left the cabin.

"My apologies for my earlier misunderstanding of your duties, Ensign Cho. I did not mean any offense. As it is, we have concluded our business for the moment, and would be quite willing to accompany you."

[I was not offended. I am the youngest officer aboard this vessel...] She started to blush slightly. [We should then go to the airlock...]

"And it would also be quite helpful to arrange a meeting of the senior staff of your vessel with the surviving members of the command staff of the Argent Fire. I suspect we will have much to discuss."

Ensign Cho thought for a short moment and replied:

[I think that this is not a problem. I will ask the Captain or the Second in Command to speak with you about that issue. If you please follow me then?]

Ensign Cho lead the way to the airlock, while Corporal Nordstroem followed as last in the column. As the passed the airlock to the main corridor, the Loroi could observe a frenzy of activity: Some technicians were doing tests on Cydonias systems, crewmembers were on their way to theirs station or to their quarters, as it was time for a new shift. Most crewmembers gazed at them while they passed by and for the first time they realized how loud it was compared to their former home Argent Fire. Those humans surely had no Sanzai abilities, otherwise they wouldn´t speak so much or use those com-units, loudspeakers, etc...

After a short walk, just down the main corridor, they reached and entered the messdeck. It was far less crowded than before, nevertheless, the Loroi were surprised from what they saw. The room was basically split into two parts: the first one in which few members of Cydonias crew were still eating and drinking while sitting in groups at some tables, and a second part which was nothing like the Loroi had ever seen, apparently stuffed full with various ways of entertainment, games and other more bizarre stuff.
One very strange thing they noticed was that the human females had no problem with eating in front of males.
As the doors behind them had closed, the voices inside the room fell silent. Almost every human in that room stared at them, except some guys in the second part of the room, who were apparently playing with some kind of long stick on a strange table.
Cho turned her head to the Loroi and said:

[Uhm... Please don´t mind them. You are.... welcome here. Please, follow me...]

She directed them to the counter where the chief had already prepared a dinner tray for every Loroi with various types of food and cutlery (a spoon, fork and a small, blunt knife). The chief smiled as he saw the small Ensign with that group of warrior woman, a very strange sight!
After they had taken their tray, Cho pointed at some kind of pillar with various taps and buttons.

[If you... uhm... want to drink something... this "dispenser" is able to "deliver" you various forms of drinks if you hold a cup under one of the taps and press one of the buttons next to it. The blue button will always fill your cup with water, as long as you press it, but there are other drinks as well. The cups are in cupboard under the dispenser.]

She then demonstrated how the dispenser worked and filled a cup full of coffee for herself.

[Have you... understood how that dispenser is working? Uhm... If you have your... tray and something to drink, I suggest we sit down at one of the tables, if you like.]

After she did this, she carefully searched for a familiar face. Someone who she at least knew to some extend. While doing so, the "Ice Queen" stood guard that nothing "funny" happend.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Yiuel

Post by Yiuel »

To Twilightsaber:
SpoilerShow
{I would appreciate it, for the meeting with their scientist. As for Stormrage, she is not mentally unstable, just mentally scarred. But I will inform you if anything goes wrong.}
Softsapphire was all ready for their first meal with the humans. It could be seen that she was actually looking forward to the whole circus. What was she more eager about, nothing in her composture could tell it, but she didn't show any apprehension at all.

She looked at the young Ensign, Cho was it.

"Ensign Cho, thank you very much. I can see this whole thing is stressing you out. And your language skills are superb."

If anything, Cho can see that the whole body language and demeanor of Softsapphire when she communicates is different from the other Loroi, as if it was more relaxed and simple. There is absolutely no hint of any proudness; it actually feels more like empathic demeanor. And more over, her speech pattern seems to flow naturally, almost as if melodic, compared even to the Mizols.

"As for diet restrictions, whatever some of us might like or not like, I do not think that anything here should be covered by any restriction. We might even prefer things you possibly hardly think as food anyways. Back home, we are in a state of war; not a good situations to refuse sustenance. And here, we will only have what you have, so that even more. So present us with anything you may call food, and we will sort it out with our tools and stomaches."

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

Looking around for a moment before heading for the proffered table, Nelopaio can't help but chuckle to herself... She's seen stranger sights, and the sudden silence could be taken any number of ways. Mostly, she's too focused to care... If they wish to say anything, they'll say it... Otherwise, it's their time to spend sitting silently. Nodding at the presentation of the dispenser, as well as Softsapphires words, she tilts her head slightly at the young Ensign as she watches her look around, the expression of searching for a familiar face all too familiar to her in and of itself...

Oddly handsy for a Loroi, she reaches out and taps the Ensigns elbow after having a seat, "If you'd care to join us, Ensign Cho, I don't think you would meet with any objection. Least of all from me. And Softsapphire is right, your Trade is very good. I assume it's something of a standard to be learned now, for your military, yes?" she queries, her voice alone probably enough to arrest a few stares in her direction with it's purring quality... Working to pay it no mind, Nelopaio keeps her tone bantering, wondering at Cho's skittish demeanor. Most crewsisters tend to find their place quickly... Was it not the same among Humaniti? Or was she simply THAT new to the crew?... Either way, she has no intent of leaving her stranded, so to speak, even if the most welcoming face here is an alien.

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

[Are you sure you are fine? You don look like that... More like there is something troubling you... Oh Well... what they said? There are some who have seen you leaving those "guest" quarters... You looked like you have seen a ghost or had been drinking.]

[But I wasn`t...]

Charlie noticed Anderson blushing a bit, strange not the worst rumor to crop up. It was odd though, as Charlie was confused at her apparent embarrassment, on small ships rumors were the bread and butter entertainment. Certainly rumors were not great, if you were the butt of them, but there could be a lot worse ones - and they blow over once people got bored with them or relized that they were completely baseless.

Charlie, however, was mildly surprised when she continued.

[.. Uhm... some even say... that you and one of those... uhm... "blueskins"... you escorted there did more than just... talking. Please tell me that isn´t true...]

Charlie stiffed noticeably, at hearing what Ensign Anderson said.

{Blueskins? Why do I find that offensive? I shouldn`t should I? I mean they aren`t humans, I shouldn`t care... Why do I care, I wounder?}

He composed himself before speaking, quickly enough not to be obvious.

[Ah, I am not exactly sure what you heard... but I can imagine...]

Charlie sighed, and rolled his eyes as derisively as he could muster - perhaps a little defensively.

I can assure you... I just led her to your room, nothing else. You know how it is, bored people. small ship. Charlie lied, he hoped that it would taken at face value.

[Honestly though don`t call them "blueskins" near of the Loroi, they understand English...] Charlie kicked himself inwardly at this, he hoped that the inquisitive Ensign would not notice. It would mean that she knew he had spoken far to long to one of them, as they mainly used trade.

Maybe she could guess more - the rumor had been scarily accurate.

And yet before Ensign Anderson could give an answer, a tidal wave of silence washed over the mess deck. It`s was a deafening quiet, the only sound was a hit on a pool ball - it too went silent before long.

Charlie looked towards the door, he felt that the silence came from the direction.

The first person he saw was Ensign Cho, the young shy girl from the bridge. Charlie remembered, ironically enough, that a few rough rumors about her past had been told to him - not that he believed them.

Ensign Cho was leading a large group of Loroi into the room, Charlie could not make out all of their faces - they had stopped at the threshold to the mess deck, apprehension or what looked like it on humans seemed to stop them.

Ensign Cho said something but even with the silence it was to far away to hear, it must have been Cho reassuring them of our goodwill.

Charlie scanned the now moving crowd nothing new, but he saw Stormrage.

He wanted to smile at her, but knew if he did Anderson would eat him alive - slowly. So he looked away before any information could be gleamed from him.

Charlie watched the group move towards the coffee machine, it did dispense other things but hardly anyone got anything except coffee and maybe water.

Ensign Cho must have explained the full use of the machine, as she ended up with a cup of coffee.

Cho`s explanations brought back memories of yesterday, when he was explaining the uses of light switches and such to Stormrage. He found Stormage, It brought an involuntary smile to Charlie face, he hoped that Anderson did not make the connection to Stormrage - no telling what she knew. So Charlie scanned the crowd once more.

Charlie noticed Corporal Nordstroem, Icy Queen that she was, standing guard, likely against over inquisitive stares - which she could most defiantly easily quell.

He at least hoped the the ruckus would cause Anderson to forget about what ever she though she knew.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Suederwind wrote:“Uhm... I understand, is it okay if I call you Losat Malidasaria? I... don´t want to offend you...”
“This is good.”
Don't delay, join today!

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Senanthes wrote:Nodding slightly at the responses, without a hint of self-satisfaction, but rather a simple sense of progression, Nelopaio regards Stormrage for a few moments, {We'll hold a debriefing later today regarding these directives. I think we both need something to eat, and a little time to relax. Besides... It would be rude to keep them waiting any longer. The firepits might get cold.} she quips, the sending tinged with a bit of humor regarding the 'primitive' state of the vessel, limited to the two Loroi she had been speaking to.
Stormrage nods, {That would be... sufficient Captain Sun Bloom.}

The difference in her sanzai sending noted in the tnece and emotional content of acceptance and respect for Sun bloom's official authority clear in her aura and demeanor. Sun Bloom was sure there would be no debate again as to her authority - at least not from Stormrage. If anything was true of Storm.. she was a stickler for proper decorum of command structure. 'Once one was clearly the superior officer...' they remained so to her until such time as that was changed through official direct orders. Storm would support her though all the crew turn against her... if need be - it was just how her personality worked. She had no ambition... other than perfomr her duty to the fullest and best she could...for her superior officer. Nothing else mattered.

Storm smiled in silent mirth at her comment about the fire-pits of the primitive human technological standards, but also in a ironic cynicism about her consideration of 'those directives'... pondering in silence that she might not eat so calmly if she knew the full extend of those directives... but Storm made no comment. She was weary playing the role of spy... and welcomed a chance to forget about it for now.

Storm mainly stayed silent as they all gathered to follow ensign Cho.

Though none of the other Loroi seemed to pay her much mind Storm immediately noticed Corporal Nordstroem, and recognized her for the deadly threat she actually was. eying her Storm noted the gait of her walk the way she watched everything... THIS human women was a warrior.. a killer.. a watchdog for the Loroi's good behavior! Stormrage smirked... recognizing a kindred killer on sight. Cold, methodical, efficient... deadly - Stormrage could respect that. It was nothing a person could put in words ... but a feeling, a bearing the woman had about her. It left no doubt to Storm that she was one of the human's elite warriors! Storm did not shy away from Nordstroem but noted not to make any too swift motions as she was the only armed loroi in the group... and could feel the woman's trained gaze upon her at regular intervals. No need to alarm her... though Storm chuckled mentally at the game. The human woman had no idea how dangerous Storm was... but Storm was determined not to underestimate her either!

Storm entered the 'mess hall' and followed watching all that transpired saying nothing. Keeping an eye on Corporal Nordstroem in passing. Storm watched as the appliances and food and drink distribution machines were demonstrated. She noted the room was split into two sections and certainly noted the drop in conversation between the humans present on their arrival. Intriguing.

When most of the Loroi went to collect trays of food... Stormrage did not but watched as the crewsisters and humans began to socialize and coalesce into the small clicks and social groups. Storm was trying to understand the distribution of human crew to loroi and the general interaction and reaction to the loroi as they took seats. Every race of social beings has rules of socialization and storm was trying to get a clue to the humans socialization. She noted that males and females mixed in social company freely... but that some males and some groups of females 'few as there were' tended to group to themselves... with a few smaller groups of mixed male and female groups that likely were crewmen that worked in similar ship-board positions or perhaps were acquaintances outside of job familiarity. She did see Charles and ... held back her smile - she was not looking for him not really... she was more looking at groups trying to understand some of the social dynamic. At least that is what she told herself...

She became curious about the second half of the room and decided to look closer at what the humans were doing there.. as the activities they were involved in did not seem to have a ship crew function. But first she wanted the killer toknow she noticed her and walked over to Corporal Nordstroem, then spoke to her in perfect english.

"I am Teidar Sezon Sonnidezzi. Teidar is my caste... effectively warrior elite, Sezon my rank. Sonnidezzi my proper name... it means Stormrage. I am in your tongue Security Chief of the Loroi Union Diplomatic crew. I perceive you seem more than you appear. I ask respectfully what is your crew function, rank and name?"

Storm waits for a reply and only nods in acceptance.

Then she makes her way to the 'recreation side' of the room walking boldly among the humans seemingly not bothered by their looks and stares - observing their games and pastimes. There is no missing the feminine sway of her shapely hips, her petite form or the catlike grace of her light steps. Her shoulder-length blonde hair stirs softly with each step and the twin braids at the nape of her neck dance as she moves looking closely at the pastimes & games of distraction the humans enjoy trying to understand them. She is very lovely... catching many eyes male and female as she walks among the games being played. She asks no questions merely observing, pondering {the games a species enjoys can tell a lot of their social personality and make up... the values they hold important and how they achieve them}.

Those humans she passes close enough can catch the slightest hint of an acrid scent of fresh sea water in the air as she passes by...
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Hadrid quickly Left dirty dishes in kitchen window and moved across messhall. Looking around he spotted someone who was looking for.
He came closer to a man of his height, similar body shape with brown hair shaped in short mohawk. Hearing steeps behind him he turned around with his brown eyes narrowed.

[Kvasir*, A man who I was looking for some time now.] Hadrid said with cheerful voice, It could be seen that both of them know each other for long time and consider themselves friends.

[Hadrid, good to see you. Have some time?] He extended his hand to greet approaching friend.

Hadrid accepted his hand and answered [Depends on what. Besides you were avoiding me for some time now.]

[Nah just had some problems, 2 to be specify.]

[Only two? I have 30 problems, walking eating and talking aboard to worry about.]

[I heard, for once I don't envy you .... heheh .. well come on We got two pricks to outplay in cards.]

Looking around [Well... sure but just once. I got things to do. And by the way do you have what I asked for?]

[Whoops..I got one but need some time to make another one. I will leave it in machineshop so you know.]

[Alright hope you make it right.]

[I made it using strictly your plans. So don't complain if doesn't work.]

Both men entered second part of messhall and went directly to one of green large tables which two another men(who Hadrid recognized as engineering staff) were already preparing(shuffling cards, set chairs).

[So ladies are you ready? I got partner with me. We came for your money.]

[Fuck you.] looking at first officer [Fuck, Aldeans again.]

[At least we have good company today Kvasir. Good luck guys.]

Not soon they begun game using copies of casino tokens as currency. There was old times music* playing in the background only hear-able to table surroundings. With every round Hadrid's pile was rising at the rest expense. Game brought some observers who hoped for another fist fight after someone loose but with Hadrid in table it was very unlike to happen.

With another loss Kavsir made facepalm and said :

[Fuck me, How is it that you always win, badger?]

It this moment Stormrage enters the recreation section of messhall making agitation.

[Check it out! Circus drove into town.]

Hadrid who was sitting with his back to the entrance turned to see Loroi entering and walking around.

[Who opened a cage?]

[Maybe you forgot to lock it.]

----------------------------
*Lt Kvasir Rockwool, Aldean, second engineer, joined crew of Cydonia after Hadrid's promotion. He went along Hadrid to Military academy. Good engineer, one of "Hadrid's men" aboard.
* music:

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: I was asked when that experience system will start. As long as this chapter is going on, there will be no experience points to earn. With the new chapter, this will change. The new chapter will start with the jump to the Lacrimosa System where Cydonia should team up with Alberta, refuel and go on.]

Part 1:

Corporal Nordstroem listend to what Stormrage had to say. That Loroi was different from the others, she could tell. The way she moved, watched the others in this room, checked it for possible dangers and so on. She showed no surprise to her and just gave a brief answer in Trade.

[I am Corporal Nordstroem and responsible for your security here. Do not leave this room.]

She didn't turn her eyes of her, as she realized the particular danger of this Loroi. If anyone would cause her trouble, it would be her.
She hand't expected that any Loroi would not go with Ensign Cho to one of the tables and eat something. This Loroi however went directly to the recreation part of the messdeck and as it seems, Cho hasn't noticed, yet. She was busy explaining what was on their trays.

{Time to catch that bird...}

She followed her, as quick as she could without running or showing signs of concern. Many of the crew started to speak in low voices again, others were leaving. As she reached her, she pointed with one hand at the table with Cho and the other Loroi, secured the grip of her rifle and said (again) in Trade:

[Ma'am... this way.]
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Part 2:

Cho listened to the Loroi which called herself "Softsapphire".

"Ensign Cho, thank you very much. I can see this whole thing is stressing you out. And your language skills are superb."

[Uhm... thank you... This is just... uhm... not what I had expected.] she blushed, looked away for a short moment and added [I... meant no offense...]

"As for diet restrictions, whatever some of us might like or not like, I do not think that anything here should be covered by any restriction. We might even prefer things you possibly hardly think as food anyways. Back home, we are in a state of war; not a good situations to refuse sustenance. And here, we will only have what you have, so that even more. So present us with anything you may call food, and we will sort it out with our tools and stomaches."

[We were not sure about what you might like to eat, so the Chief had prepared small amounts of various dishes on those trays. Please... take one... Uhm... I could explain what you are eating...]

She then waited for them to take their trays, sipped on her coffee, as Nelopaio talked to her.

"If you'd care to join us, Ensign Cho, I don't think you would meet with any objection. Least of all from me. And Softsapphire is right, your Trade is very good. I assume it's something of a standard to be learned now, for your military, yes?"

[I... should be with you anyway...] she looked around and found an empty table next to that of Charlie and the others. She pointed at it and said: [This table is free, so... If you don´t mind, ... I suggest we sit down there?]
Thinking about the rest of what she had said to her, she added:
[Thank you... Uhm... Yes, everyone in the military has to learn a basic level of Trade. However... I was chosen for this mission because of my... linguistic skills...]

She then waited for the others to get something to drink out of the dispenser. To her surprise, she didn´t had to help them using that machine. Then she lead the group to the table she had seen before. Thinking about what to say next, she sat down on one of the chairs. She felt uneasy to start some kind of conversation, as this was not something she liked. Most of the time she would just eat here, meanwhile read a book on her datapad and tried to avoid the others. However, she liked to observe the others sometimes and that young marine on that other table was one of the few crewmembers that ever smiled at her. The current head of security was there, too. So she felt kind of save for now and she hoped that they might help her if something goes wrong. She the realized that she hat just starred the whole time in her cup of coffee. Something she had tried to avoid from the beginning. Cho looked up and saw that the Loroi sitting opposite of her was the one who called herself "Malidasaria". Thinking about what to say, she pointed at the cutlery and asked:

[Uhm...Do you use similar "tools" for eating?]

For Softsapphire
SpoilerShow
Twilightsaber answered her:
{Please report to me, what you found out from that "scientist". Stormrage... yes, I realized quickly that something was... wrong with her. We can not allow her to get unstable, any suggestions how to keep her sane? Should we grant her some time off, to relax?}
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]