Reply to topic  [ 663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC] 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm
Posts: 484
Location: Finland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Paiad knows that she can't win this fight of wills.
{ Your pride will either save or doom us. I pray the ancients it will be the first one. }
But the tone of her sanzai isn't accusative but reassuring, maybe even little bit of pride with it and she backs to her other patients.

_________________
Supporter of forum RPG


Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:55 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:28 pm
Posts: 131
Location: US North Carolina: Eastern standard Time Zone
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Senanthes wrote:
Letting herself be secured to the Seargeant, Nelopaio is about as resistant as a found kitten in her state of relief. Hearing him speak, she shakes aside the haze in her mind to answer, having heard Twilightsabers communique as well... Triggering her comm, she answers her sister first...

"Unless this one is completely dim, which I doubt, he knows what we are, and whom we represent. I'm answering nothing more than my name and the fact that it's flown by others of our number, and will insist that more wait until they've recovered you and any other survivors as well. It's only in their best interests to do so, after all." she replies over the comm... Leaving it open for the Mizol to monitor, her Sanzai unreliable anyways, she turns a little in the suit to answer Sergeant Roland in turn, "My spoken name is Nelopaio... Sunbloom. And the shuttle is being flown by more survivors of the Argent Fire. Though your assistance is..." she pauses, making herself understate the notion a bit, "...Appreciated, I must ask that we recover any other surviving crew before further questioning."

After a moment, she adds, "As Soroin Mallas, and without knowledge of any others of the command staff who live, their well-being is my responsibility." in minor explanation of what might seem like obstinance, as well as confirmation of her status as an officer. "Do you have a parent vessel in the area? And what can we expect once we're aboard?", she concludes, keeping her sophrano tone mild, calm, and steady, despite the crushing fatigue of the ordeal so far...


[{trade} " fair enough," Roland replied as he was given a very polite, response. [ {trade}" That's a shuttle?"] He glanced at the alien ship, and then to their own shuttle, feeling very much like a worm on a hook again.
[' Whats going to happen isn't m place to say Ma'am. The Skipper will want some answers, and no doubt they will be curious as to what all the shooting was about. Safe to say your not a prisoner though."]

Guiding them back toward the shuttle he signaled The Lieutenant with a hand sign to let him know it was all clear. and moved on toward the shuttle. he broke contact with the woman for a moment and tabbed his comm again.[ {english} "one survivor, alert, sounds like an officer type. just her sidearm..I haven't tried to disarm her yet. Figured that might cause some issues." }


Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 am
Profile YIM WWW

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Wolffe watched carefully as Roland made the recovery of the drifter. The Sergeant was experienced and practiced in his movements, quickly securing her and preparing her for retrieval. With the pair properly fastened together Wolffe signaled for Bomber to bring them in via their lifelines. Once Bomber had activated the winch it was only a few moments before they were wound in and standing back in the open cargo bay, with Nelopaio cradled in Roland's arms as they continued to float in zero-g.

"That's enough talking for now Roland, good work keeping her focused. Now let her focus on getting better, at least until Irish can get her some O2. There will be plenty of time for talking later."

Wolffe would then direct his attention to Nelopaio directly. Wolffe depolarized his faceplate and spoke in practiced Trade to the alien female.

"Please follow all of our medic's instructions. Our aim is to keep you healthy and bring you back safe, not interrogate you."

As Roland assisted Irish with maneuvering the drifter to lie on the stretcher and be secured to it in zero gravity, Wolffe closed the exterior door to the cargo bay and allowed to room to re-pressurize and gravity to be reinitialized. Once the room was buttoned up once more, Irish and Roland carried the drifter on the stretcher into the oxygenated passenger area of the shuttle. It was here that she would be asked by Irish to remove the helmet of her environment suit so that he could begin performing a check on her vitals before insisting that she breathe from an oxygen mask to counter the effects of the deprivation that she was experiencing. With the expert ministrations of Irish to help her, Nelopaio would be back in action before too long.

Meanwhile Wolffe responded to the message he had received from the strange vessel. There was no way that he was going to let an alien vessel board with the Cydonia without first having it boarded and checked out. What if there was a bomb aboard? What if this was all a trick? What if they had a shuttle full of fully armed marines ready to storm the ship? What if the damage to the shuttle was worse than they realized and it exploded in the Cydonia's hold? As Security Officer and BPO these were unacceptable risks, regardless of what the Captain said. He would not be undermined in his efforts to do his duty to the Cydonia and to humanity.

Most importantly, the aliens had wounded aboard who needed immediate attention, and he was not about to let them bleed out or suffer while they made the ponderous trip back to the Cydonia. If they did so they would also be giving the aliens ample opportunity to consider the technology gap between the races and afford them the opportunity to observe the capabilities of the Cydonia itself. Leading the shuttle back would be damaging to the cause of humanity, but more importantly it would be tantamount to telling the survivors to keep waiting for assistance. No. Not while he was here.

"Union shuttle, hold your position as we move to link up with you. We will provide immediate medical assistance and take you back to our parent vessel with haste. All personnel will be moved onto our shuttle as per security protocols and given immediate assistance. We ask that you turn over all weapons for the safety of both of our crews temporarily until we have you safely aboard our parent vessel. Thank you for complying."

With that said Wolffe then looked up into the passenger bay camera of the shuttle, speaking directly to the Pilot.

"Maneuver us to that shuttle and begin boarding protocols. We are taking the rest of them aboard now."

Anything else would be an unacceptable risk to the safety of the Cydonia, it's crew, and all of the people that Wolffe was responsible for. The Captain's cavalier attitude was beginning to grate on Wolffe's nerves, the man's ignorance of the purpose of the Security Officer and the BPO duties that he had were unacceptable for a man of his experience. An emergency or first contact situation was not an excuse to throw the notions of safely and drills out the window. He would have to consider lodging a formal complaint with command when they returned to port. Wolffe managed to hold his tongue and replied on the same channel as the Captain had contacted him;

"Please remain patient Sir, rescue operations are still in progress."


Once the shuttle had finished it's maneuvers to link up with the Union shuttle Wolffe ordered his Marines to form up on him in the cargo bay. With Nelopaio sealed in the oxygenated passenger section they could conduct their boarding action without worrying about their backs.

"We will be performing an Unopposed Boarding. I know you all know how this goes. Weapons at the ready, but keep them pointed at the ground in front of you until we confirm it is safe. If they are on the level then we will be taking them aboard and performing emergency assistance as required. Keep your masks depolarized and be diplomatic, we are the good guys here to save the day."

With that, all they had to do was wait for the Pilot to complete the linkup and the Union shuttle to open the door. Otherwise they would have to break out the cutting tools.


Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:28 pm
Posts: 131
Location: US North Carolina: Eastern standard Time Zone
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
["Aye sir."] Roland acknowledged the orders and focused on keeping himself an his passenger from getting tangled in the tether, slammed by debris, or bouncing off the side of the shuttle on the approach.
If he had the chance to do so, and there was no resistance he planned to secure the woman's side arm and keep it close at hand as she was treated.
once inside he turned his passenger over tot he medic and stepped aside to give he man room to work. He nodded as he was given a new set of instructions stepped back tot he suit locker and stripped out of his EVA suit and back into his armor. rearming himself in the process.
Once in his armor Roland Paused and clicked to a private com channel to the Lieutenant. It was just good manners to have some conversations out of earshot.

Spoiler: show
[ {to Wolfe only } [" Sir might i suggest we go with a two man inspection team sidearms only... Hold the rest of the team in reserve in the airlock, anyone tries anything funny then send in the rest.
"Might be a little more diplomatic, if I take one man and we both keep our weapons holstered... It also might keep us from sending half our team into an ambush, if something does go wrong you can break away and haul ass out of her, let the Cydonia flash this thing to vapor without risking more men than we need to.....You're call sir..just my two cents worth
."]


Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 173
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Back at Cydonia

Spoiler: show
[Lt Cmdr, there is somehow no response from Dr. Murasaki. Could you please check... discreetly... what is wrong? You know of his... problems...]

Hadrid hearing those words looked around and said:
[Ramius*, you are in charge, make sure this airlock is hermetic. I will be back in moment.]

Seeing nod form fellow engineer he moved back over airlock and went straight to med-bay.

Entering med-bay he saw two girls sitting 2 sitting at medical suitcases and apparently waiting for someone. Seeing First officer entering the room they instantly pop out to their feet.
[Sir, we are ready to go.]
Hadrid smiled [I can see that BUT why aren't you downstairs at dock?]
[It's Dr. Murasaki, we are still waiting for him...]
[Take your things and move to dock, make preparations for our guests. I will deal with good doctor. NOW go.] he pointed with hand at doors.
[Yes, sir] they quickly grabbed what they could and almost run out form room.
Seeing them go he entered infirmary. Walking down the corridor he saw doc in his office sitting in his chair.
Hadrid knocked the door and entered. [Doc I need you in dock-bay....] he paused when a familiar smell of strong alcohol made it's way to his nose.. [.. wow someone has put booze on fire. You alright Doc?]
[Ohh it's you Commander.] Doctor said, tightening small flask and putting it to desk drawer. [I just had to... you know..]
[I know but why? We had this conversation before. You promised to put that away... at least on duty]
Murasaki stood up [It's over, I got no more. And I needed it] looking at his no shaking hands. [It's only way to calm a bit. Hadrid]
Hadrid reluctantly nodded [Yet, you risk lives of men and woman aboard and our guest if needed be. You know I can not turn a blind eye every time... it happens]
[I would NEVER risk lives of anybody. I need that to stop my hands shaking. That risk lives.] - Murasaki fired back with visible anger
[Calm your self, Lieutenant, that's what I'm talking about! You need to stay cool, specially in such situation. NOW can you handle this or should I call someone else?]
[I got this. Just give me one more chance Hadrid, one more.]
[I will think about this. Now pack up and let's go!]

------------
*Petty officer Peter Ramius, Russian, 175cm height with red cheeks. Engines specialist


Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Stormrage sat at the helm of the "Slipper" shuttle and watched the 'rescue' completed as solons ticked by.

Then came a transmission, [ "Union shuttle, hold your position as we move to link up with you. We will provide immediate medical assistance and take you back to our parent vessel with haste. All personnel will be moved onto our shuttle as per security protocols and given immediate assistance. We ask that you turn over all weapons for the safety of both of our crews temporarily until we have you safely aboard our parent vessel. Thank you for complying." ]

Stormrage was at first in agreement then she was in a fury.

Turning to the Mizol Twilightsaber, "Absolutely positively NO! Do I make MYSELF Clear! We are NOT abandoning our ship nor will we SURRENDER our weapons to these PRIMITIVE UPSTARTS! I was hoping this was not just an attempt to acquire a hostage... but I kept my peace in difference to your authority Mizol. It seems your diplomacy was misplaced! To follow those instructions is nothing short of surrendering... We will do no such thing! THAT is a security issue and I hold rank on all such matters... barring Copperspear's revival. If this is unacceptable to the primitives tell them to release our sister to us and we will see to our own problems without humaniti intervention... I need not add OR ELSE! Need I remind you I can fry EVERY electrical system on-board that tiny excuse for a shuttle at this range with but a thought!! So work your diplomatic mischief or I will act!"

Stormrage is in a fury and her electrokinetic abilities are 'bleeding' in a noticeable sparking banner of psychokinetic effects causing the hair of any near her to stand on end as the static in the very air increases...

...needless to say the shuttle does not move to comply.

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:09 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 767
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: A little update for the loroi side, I hope its okay. As for music, I found this kind of fitting: Link Edit: corrected some minor spelling errors.]
For the Loroi side:

Twilightsaber listened carefully what that leader of "wolfpack alpha" had to say. Those humans really seemed to have no clue who they are talking to.

{How could they be so stupid to even think that we would leave our vessel? Besides, how would more than 30 sisters fit in that tiny craft? Its time to make some things clear now...}

She thought to herself, trying to get her anger under control and remain calm. She spoke to Stormrage first, as her anger was the strongest and most dangerous:

[Remain calm, sister and let me do the talking. I have no intention to hand them over any sister as a hostage, nor will I surrender this vessel to them. Don´t think I´am this stupid. They are primitive upstarters, yes. But they are our only hope of survival at the moment, however derogative that may sound. Besides, _they_ have send a diplomat to _us_ to form an alliance. Why not test their intentions by taking advantage of their hospitality? We do not have the luxury of endless air, water and food. You and many other sisters need medical care that we can not provide in this craft at the moment. We will find a way to solve this problems.]

She turned to Softsapphire and requested a channel to that "wolfpack alpha" leader:

[Leader of "wolfpack alpha", I´m Mizol Parat Beganenzit. My spoken name means "twilight saber". Who am I speaking to? We are glad to hear that you offer us medical assistance and we will let two of your unarmed physicians aboard. However, I doubt that your vessel has enough space to accommodate us all. Therefore we will not leave our shuttle and go over to your craft. We insist on having our sister back on board our vessel as soon as possible and have her medical condition checked by our physicians. Finally, to make things clear: we are not a thread to you and this vessel is unarmed. I guarantee you that we will not use our personal weapons against you, your "wolfpack alpha" or anyone aboard your parent vessel, as long as you do not attack us. However we will not turn those weapons over to you at the moment. This is a topic we would be happy to discuss with your superiors aboard your parent vessel. We hope that you found this conditions... acceptable.]

After this words and they were waiting for an answer, she turned her head to Stormrage once more:

[Feeling better now? Do really think I would surrender us to them?]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Last edited by Suederwind on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Stormrage ...blinks. She is truly ... impressed. Her anger and wrath disapating in almost an instant of uncertainty then... dawning respect for the Mizol's handling of the situation. Stormrage had never really thought much of the Mizol caste. Oh she followed proceedure and gave them the proper respect due their position and caste and she knew they had been historically very important, but with the realities of the here and now... the Very War for survival she had ...mostly considered them a moot caste. There IS NO PEACE...why do we need diplomats? But Twilightsaber had... definitely changed her opinions.

Stromrage formally saluted the Mizol and sanzaied in a broad sending... addressed to all those onboard and very formal in her tence, {"...I am corrected, Mizol Parat Beganenzit. You have my full support."}

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm
Posts: 197
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Allowing her helmet to be removed, Nelopaio eyes Roland a little warily as he removes her sidearm... Strapped onto a stretcher, in an EVA suit, she's hardly able to do much... Her dagger is sheathed under the blaster, possibly also taken... Her amplifier still in place, even with her less than controllable telekinetic ability, leaves her some cold comfort, though she can't help but feel a little exposed right now, regardless of the humans intent. Remaining quiet for now, she simply cooperates with the medic, filling her lungs with the welcome rush of sweet, sweet oxygen.

Unknown to them, her Sanzai reaches out, an odd, echoing undertone to it that anyone who has worked with her before will recognize...
Spoiler: show
(Sanzai) "They seem intent on administering aid... But I've also been mostly disarmed. They don't seem to have identified my amplifier as a weapon, but I'd be loath to try my... Abilities short of a last resort. There are a number of them here, all save the pilots are armed with infantry weapons and vacuum suits." An undertone of controlled wariness is there...


Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 173
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Meanwhile at Cydonia:
Spoiler: show
Hearing new message from alien shuttle Hadrid stopped and opened his coms and made link with shuttle and bridge of Cydonia(Captain and Lt. Wolffe can hear it):
[Lt. Wolffe, this is First officer, I heard alien transmission AND I will not allow armed aliens land on Cydonia. Standby for further orders form Captain.]
Continuing on channel(Captain and Lt. Wolffe can hear it)
[Captain, We all heard alien transmission, they refusal to disarm is severe treat for ship's safely. If I may recommend, perhaps we should play harder on this one.]
[What you mean Hadrid? Speak your mind... you want sent them to hell?]
[Well, not now but... They said that they want their crew member back so we give her back and order our shuttle to withdraw. Make impression that 'our terms or no terms Sir']
[What about helping them? They said they need medical care. You want to leave them?]
[We cannot help they if they don't want to.. while safely of our vessel in priority one. WE are not responsible for their condition nor we will be responsible for they fate.].
Captain sighed, {'clever badger*' have the point} - he thought
[Very well, Lt. Wolffe inform aliens that if they not comply to our terms we will be forced to leave them.]
------------------------------------------------------------
Hadrid closed channel and turned toward taken-aback Doctor
[What?]
[Nothing.. just you got him by the balls... with captain you need to do gently... old guy's heart may not withstand all today crap...]
[Yea, I guess but how we handle this?]
[Don't look at me. I'm just a doctor with alcoholic problem] - there was little bit of irony in his voice.
[Letting them land and disembark with weapons is problematic, we don't know ow many we can expect.]
[Then don't let them leave shuttle. Catch them, disarm and put to brig. But this may be stupid idea... they won't stand still when we will be catching them like chickens one by one, do they?]
[Yea, if we could hit them all..........at once?] - he said, his face made cleaver "idea face".
[Doc they said that they need "air" to breath the same as ours?]
[They said but why you ask?]
[If so they would have similar, alike resistance for it?]
[Possible but again,why you ask? Ohh I get it you want to gas them?]
[I saw Isoflurane gas tanks at surgery tables. Isn't that anaesthetic gas?]
[inhalational anaesthetic agent to be specific, yes it can be used to put somebody to coma but we don't know how they would react to it. Wait that marine...Roland he took medbag, there should be one small vial inside.]
[Now I follow you...]
-----------------------
Hadrid opened com to bridge:
[Captain, this is Lt Cmdr Ferox, we got idea how to deal with this situation...]
[Let's hear it, hope it's good one this time.]
[We let them aboard, they land in dockbay but before that we spay sleeping gas inside, when they open their doors they get knocked cold.]
[That's your plan? Gas them? With what?]
[We use anaesthetic gas, Isoflurane to be precise, it's colorless and odorless so they won't find out. But..]
[What is the catch?]
[Dr. Murasaki and I don't know if they would be effected so we need to check it out first. There is standard issue vial inside medbag inside shuttle. Our team could try it at "passenger"]
[You know how many things can happen wrong Hadrid? What if she dies because of it?]
[That is just possible solution sir, We could peacefully disarm them, give medical aid to needed, and put them to isolated room for further questioning. We can also use it emergency situation it's better than opening blast doors and sucking everything and everyone outside...]


-------------------
*Captain's nickname for Hadrid - only few people in engineering know about this nickname for reason..


Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm
Posts: 484
Location: Finland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Paiad sitts down tiredly. The one looking at her can see sweat on her face and moisture condensating inside of her helmet and it is clear that she has breathed only her suits air in whole time they left Arhent Fire. When someone tries to help her by opening her helmet, she push her away. Don't do that. { I'm contamined. I shouldn't be carrying anything dangerous to loroi or human, but we can't take any risks now. I have told you, what to do. }

_________________
Supporter of forum RPG


Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:31 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 767
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
For the humans:

Spoiler: show
The conversation between Dr. Murasaki and Hadrid came to an end as it suddenly knocked on the door.
The doctor stared scared at the door and said dysfluently:

[I... t...t... told you, this isn´t necessary, Ferox. I can walk to the shuttlebay myself, no need to worry!]

Hadrid turned around a saw the familiar face of a marine in full combat gear standing in the now opened doorway.
It was Sergeant ''Charlie'' Aldridge, one of the marines who should be preparing the shuttlebay for the possible arrival of those aliens.
He looked worried, somehow.



For the Loroi:


Mizol Twilightsaber waited for the answer from the humans. As she noticed the malaise of Paiad and turned her attention to the sick Mazil.

{What has happen exactly, sister? Can we help you somehow?}

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm
Posts: 484
Location: Finland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
{ You know the samples, what we had on the biolab. The safety class was broken in first explosion and the samples were all around med bay. I had vaccinated us against their most virulent threats, but without tests with living ...subjects we can't be really sure, how they affect us. }
She is starting to turn pale and green, while trying to gasp her dimishing oxygen.
{ Did you knew that... Alex, she was puking around Stillstorm's ship when she first tasted our food. I'm sure this isn't nothing more serious than our bodies trying to get accustumed with new environment. I still have air for 200, no, for 1000 solon. }
(Paiad has never meet the Alex herself, so when she don't think about it, she usually refers him as her. I think this is common loroi mistake.)

(For authorized eyes only! ;) )
Spoiler: show
She wanted to forget the other purpose the lab. The amount of different viruses found on human body had scared the shit out almost everyone, who studied the bodies. It was believed that humans either has no consept of hygiene, lived all together and transfers the germs to each other very actively or they were trying to prepare for biological war. She had also collection of more dangerous viruses and with order, she should develope weapon from these. For security reasons, she was not told, who others knew of this and who would make this decision. But those were inside of safety box, which could survive anything less than planetary crash and Paiad hoped that they all were atomized by last explosion of Argent Fire.

_________________
Supporter of forum RPG


Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Standing outside the Medical bay waiting for an opening out of respect for the commander and the Doctor. Charlie made sure to be out of earshot, just far enough to make out the sound of it, of the conversation.

Working up the nerve and hearing a lull in the conversation... Charlie stepped towards the door. It opened automatically.

[Sirs.]
Charlie salutes and waits for them to do like wise before speaking.

[Commander, how should we prepare the docking bay? Including myself there are six Marines on board at the moment, the rest of the men are with Lieutenant Wolffe. If I may sure can these aliens pose a threat either though an attempted or contagion? Shall I have the Marines don protective gear?]

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Stormrage notices Paiad's condition and does not ask she acts. Gesturing to the control for the comm to the Mizol she comments, "..I'll take care of Paiad you focus on the Humans."

Storm moves into the crew compartment and surveys the sisters in vacc-suits. She collects two replacement air canisters from two of the crewsisters with the most air unused - her authority as 'defacto' security officer unquestioned at this point. First she replaces her combat vacc-suit's air and then Paiad's with the fullest canisters she can acquire. Storm unseals her armored vacuum suit to save her air supply... completely.

Her private thoughts turning dark and steely hard [ If all goes bad... I must have freedom to act and do what MUST be done... even if it is to detonate the anti-matter plant so my sisters are not given over to the mercy of primitives and our tech stolen.. spirits pray that not be my last act of duty... but I'll not shirk it should it come to that... Torrai Lashret Dellasoni 'Stillstorm' was VERY explicit of my actual task and service to the Loroi should it be needed. I hope my mother Torrai Soshret Lomisonni ‘Bright-Storm’ will be proud of me.. at last... her wayward daughter dying nobly for duty to the loroi. Maybe ... in death... would I finally earn her notice...? ]

Commenting to Paiad in sanzai her sending soft and weak but close images added to her mental speech to accentuate and share her experiences, {"I was on the "Tempest" when Captain Ambassador Alexander Jardin was rescued.

http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider022.html

Fireblade, Crimson Heart and I were those who were tasked by Stillstorm to interrogate the human male. His gender is not female... though his profession is odd for a male.

http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider025.html
http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider026.html

It is part of this reason - because of my 'first-hand' experience with the human, that I was tasked to this mission of diplomacy. If there are any pathogens he carried I too have been exposed. But we will need your scientific skills now the most Doranzer Mazil..."}


Storm casts her gaze at the Mizol, {"Especially if these ...'negotiations' take some time... you and I must remain operational. We have much to do right now..."}

Speaking aloud because of the headache building from use of her sanzai with her head injury and no rest, "Paiad, I need you to gather any water onboard and build a moisture collector from our atmospheric purifiers. With my electrokinetic powers I can electrolysis oxygen and hydrogen from the water including any waste water. It will increase our air supply. But I'll need your skills to make it possible. We allso need to find a source of ice water of some sort in this system...if there is water even in impure ice crystals..we can have air. The antimater plant can provide power for longer than we have food or water to survive so we have no need of worry of that.. but I will also work on recharging our energy cells onboard ...just in case."

Then addressing her crew sisters, "Attention crewsisters - we must reclaim all liquid water and conserve it immediately... our air will not last forever but if we act now we can Greatly extend our supply and survivability! Now lets organize a search of our inventory of tech, chemicals, waste products and inventory of supplies..."

Stormrage gets EVERYONE involved to give them a purpose and a job..immediately one to give them direction and build morale.. 'An Officer has a plan and is organizing the crew to survive their predicament' is the message she is projecting...leaving the intence negotiations to the Mizol to worry over. Even if she has nothing for anyone to do she will set them to watching the view ports to keep watch on the human's activities and identify any wreckage that might be investigated for additional resources. There is certainty in her directions.. the Loroi are not dead nor helpless.. and she won't let them die... OR think their helpless... NOT ON HER WATCH!

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:24 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm
Posts: 197
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Separated from events on both sides, Nelopaio frowns a bit at the silence gretting her Sanzai, and resigns herself to being strapped to the gurney... The oxygen helps clear her head at least, and whatever injuries she sustained being blown clear of the Argent Fires bridge don't seem to be incapacitating... Taking to silence while the medic works, she finally glances at whoever seems to be directing the flow of events around her, "Have you made contact with the others yet? I heard their communique clearly, so they must be close..." she ventures, an officer concerned with the well-being of her crew.


Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm
Posts: 484
Location: Finland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Some of the color returns to Paiad's face when she takes deep breaths of fresh air. She feels herself little better, stands up and collect some water from air purifier, but uses it to keep Copperspear cool and hibernating. Knowing that the human resque may delay, she looks around the shuttle to decide where the emergency operation could be done. The airlock would be best choice, as it easy to clean, but she could fit in only minimum equipments and medical crew in and when they start the operation, nobody could enter or exit the shuttle. She informs her thougths to Stormrage.

Spoiler: show
I can't believe that I forgot to make a resistance roll. :roll:
Body roll (2d6+5=10)
Ouch. She will have some serious flu, travelers' diarrhea or maybe all of them. But I think she still have some time before the full effect.

I'm out of town on this weekend, so I can't play much, but you can use my character.

_________________
Supporter of forum RPG


Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
As Stromrage organizes her crewsisters into action and those of the Doranzer caste begin cannibalizing parts to create the Water Electrolysis collector. Stormrage assists Paiad in preparing the Airlock to become a make-shift operating room. Storm offers Paiad her abilities to telekinetically help perform any internal surgery upon Copperspear to minimize the need of major invasive surgery keeping any surgical wounds very small.

Stormrage grimaced again how she missed having her Teider sister Berairodai 'Crimson-Cloud' with her... her uniquely specialized Biokinesis 'Psychic Healing' abilities would be most useful now!

Easily feeling the shift of emotions from her crewsister Nelopaio with her powerful signature sensing Stormrage sanzais to her weakly but clearly, {"Fear not sister we have heard you... and the Mizol is working to secure your return to us. We are salvaging what water we can onboard to extend our air-supply now and Paiad is preparing the airlock to serve as a operating theatre for some of our more injured sisters. We must trust the Mizol..please.. be paitient. You will NOT be abandoned!"}

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:04 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm
Posts: 197
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Nelopaio suddenly looks confused, a 'huh...?' expression crossing her features as she replies with her own, tinny Sanzai, "I'm hardly worried about abandonment... If anything, I'm reasonably secure, aliens or not... What seems to be the issue that requires further extension of your oxygen supply? This ship cannot have come from a long distance. There has to be a parent vessel close at hand... Have they not extended assistance to you as well? Is there some ceremony or request required?" Her utter confusion is palpable in the Sanzai... And only slightly less obvious to anyone else.


Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:18 pm
Posts: 57
Location: Toyama, Japan
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Softsapphire was getting nervous.

{Damn our loroi psyche. You sisters are all going crazy. No matter what happens, we CANNOT go back to Loroi territory by our own means. For all intent and purpuse, we are DEAD. We are in no position to negociate, and if it fails, we might have some speed, but we are doomed to die. They might be crude primitives, full of germs and whatnot, but they are at this time the most hospitable thing we can get our hands on. And, of the few things I have understood of the human we host back home, they might be primitive, but they are definitively not the violent kind. Either way, they already have one of us, so they will be able to study her and what she has if we do not cooperate. We are discovered.

Stormrage, you wish not to hand them our weapons? Fine, let us put these few weapons into a box or some other location their may designate and have a representative make sure they do not touch our stuff. We may not be able to know their intentions, we may as well look over their actions. One of us can still alert everyone if they do something, especially something foolish to piss me. I might as well do it, because I will be able to communicate with all of you as soon as they do one foolish thing. I also do not require anything in terms of treatment; I have been the luckiest of all, being relaxing in my quarters because I am most useless for travel or combat situations; I can do the guardian for the first round.}


All while she was getting angry for the sheer ridiculousness of the situation, she was still using her full knowledge. Using the sensor data she gathered when the human vessel arrived, she tried to back-track the vessel's path vector.

2d6 + Mind 8 + Physical Science 4 + Heightened Awareness 2 = 22
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3884470/
(OOC: I better have at least a clue of where they came from.)

{Also, by coming here, they blowed their own game. Not satisfied with my first option, which would make clear our peaceful intentions? Use this data, and follow the damn breadcrumbs they left (OOC:The path vector) coming here. I still prefer the first option. Diplomacy is all fun, but I have studied many a mind during my career. Do you think I was chosen just because I was ranking Historian? My speciality is the mind and how it works. And making them afraid of us as we are appearantly doing will just bring out a very bad response.}

2d6 + Mind 8 + Social Sciences (Psychology) 5 = 18
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3884489/
(OOC: Using all my experience and abilities to understand psychologies, I give a small account of what is just happening here.)

{But that is not my call. My call is to be the science girl here, making sure ignorance won't kill us all. Or at least, in this case, make our end stupid and foolish.}

_________________
la nɔtʀʏltsɪmœ ʀɛv, dɛ ʒã puʀ la pʀɔtɛʒe
nu vœnõ dõkœ dœ tupaʀtu, puʀ ɛtʀœ sa ɡʀãdaʀme
dœ la site pʀɔtɛktœʀ, dœ sœ ʀɛvœ defãsœʀ
ynjõ dœ la fɔʀsœ dœ tus, nu vwasijalɔʀ lɛzɔʀiɔnɪt

- The Chant of A Certain Army


Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 767
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: Sorry guys, I had to do something to get the story back on track, as that current situation is going nowhere. I hope you do not mind. I will expand that post back home and add some music, if you like. Music: Link Edit: done with bug fixing and removed the wip tag, enjoy! ]


For the Loroi side:
Spoiler: show
Twilightsaber was almost at the point where she was losing her patience, as the humans hasn't answered yet and the tensions aboard the shuttle grew higher. She had to do something, before the situation got out of controll, but in the moment she wanted to send another message, the com-unit went active again:

[(static)...f the Cydonia speaking. I repeat: This is the Captain of the Cydonia speaking. Union survivors, please state who you are and what you want here.]

The voice of this human "Captain" sounded deep and somehow old, but she could notice a certain fire in it and he was a male, too. That ambassador didn't lie to them. Many human fighters seam to be male, indeed.
{Thats going to be interessting...} she thought to herself. Time to sort some things out:

[This is Mizol Parat Twilightsaber, we are on a diplomatic mission on behalf of the Loroi Union to establish diplomatic contact to humaniti. I assume that you are the highest ranking humaniti representative in this system? If yes, I can assure you that we have no hostile intentions. However, as you might or might not have observed, our ship was destroyed as we tryed to prevent the enemy from reaching your space. I therefore recomend that we continue this discussion aboard your ship, as soon as possible. We also have news from the diplomatic vessel that had reached us.]


For the humans:

Spoiler: show
Captain Blake couldn't belive it at first. They were indeed Loroi and one of the scout ships made it to them? This was exiting news!

{But what happened to the crew of that scout? Is this a trick? ... Can't be...} he thought for a moment.

However, they had to be sure that there was nothing harmful on that shuttle and those personal weapons... He had to find a solution to this problem before he could let them aboard!

Captain Blake and Parat Twilightsaber discussed that mater for quite some time, but they were able to agree on some basic points in the end, before the Loroi would be allowed landing aboard Cydonia.

-Captain Blake acknowledged the status of Prarat Twilightsaber as diplomat.
-Two unarmed medics from Wolfpack Alpha will check if anything dangerous is on board the loroi shuttle and provid needed first aid, as well as some water and food.
-The rescued Loroi "Officer" will be medically examined by a loroi physician.
-The Loroi would will hand over their few personal weapons aboard Cydonia, where they would be locked in a guarded storage container. They will get it back, if the situation demands it or they leave Cydonia. Those weapons will not be analyzed by humans. Allowed to keep her personal weapon is Teidar Stormrage, as she was considered responsible for the security of the Loroi, she is however only allowed carrying it, accompanied by a marine guard.
-The Loroi would receive as much medical assistance on the Cydonia as needed.
-Furthermore would they be regarded as guests on Cydonia and not as prisoners.
-Other points should be talked about on board the Cydonia from eye to eye.

After this compromise was agreed on by both sides, the humans checked the loroi shuttle for any possible danger. They found no explosives or other dangerous things (except the personal weapons), provided some medical supplies, first aid, as well as food and water.
Mallas Nelopaio was examined carrefully by a loroi physician and considered fit for transport at an acceleration of about 5 G. After this, both shuttles together set a course to a rendezvous point with Cydonia, which left its hiding place for the first time in several months.


Meanwhile Chief Engineer Abramovic stood in engeneering, close to the main fusion reactor. He watched carefully, as the weak blue light emitted by the reactor shine brighter every second.
[Ah, its good to move again!]
he said in his typical loud voice, drinking a sip of coffee and looked up to the reactor controlls.
[Hey! don't pull that lever on the right! Its the left one!]
He shaked his head in disbelife, and went on with his work...

About an hour later, both shuttles reached the meeting point and it was the first time, the Loroi saw the proud human ship.
Lt. Cmdr. Ferox, Dr. Murasaki, a groupe of marines, medics, and engineers waited in the shuttlebay, dressed in their eva suits, for the shuttles to land. The marines had formed a defensive perimeter around landing site two, which should be used by the Loroi shuttle.

The gates of the shuttlebay opened slowly, showing the darkness of open space, a tiny bit of that gas giant and far away in the distance the glowing of thrusters could be seen. The shuttles had started to arrive...

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Last edited by Suederwind on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Dressed in his EVA Suit Charlie was standing shoulder to should with the best the Human race had to offer. During the wait for the shuttles Charlie was alone with his thoughts in the near silence of the docking bay.

{Someone told me they look like us...} He thought silently.

The feeling of anxiousness is growing unbearable for Charlie.

{I have a job to do, but, I still wish they'd get here more quickly, at-least then for good or ill they'll be here.}

Even seeing both of the shuttles glowing exhaust could not dispel Charlies unease.

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:26 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:28 pm
Posts: 131
Location: US North Carolina: Eastern standard Time Zone
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
"Keep you suits sealed, no one returns to the interior of the ship without a full scrub down and decontamination. "The manuals on contact with off world biological agents were still pretty thin, but the basics were simple enough." Keep you eyes, and ears open, and your mouths shut. One wrong word and this could get ugly fast."

Roland Motioned several marines out the door and the landing bay.Posting a pair at the shuttle hatch, and sending another two to near the Loroi Shuttle, weapons slung, and standing at attention as the provided as much as an Honor Guard as he could manage with the limited men available to the Lieutenant.
"[ Security detail posted and ready sir."] Roland radioed the lieutenant and took a position where he could watch his own men and the door To the Loroi Shuttle, and waited.


Last edited by Dragoon on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[Sealed and tight, sir.]

Charlie recalled the rather tiny books on biological cross species contamination, most of them have to do with the Orgus.

Sergeant Roland sent Charlie and another man to the Lorai shuttle, in a mock Honor Guard positions.

Charlie was acutely aware of how small he was in the now bigger universe.

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:18 pm
Posts: 57
Location: Toyama, Japan
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Softsapphire was enjoying her new sight. She had received from her colleage images of the broken ship back home, but this was the first sight of a human ship. Primitive, perhaps, but certainly not the most primitive she had encountered. She was even able to read the few marks on the ship.

{Twilightsaber, thank you for your negociations. I'll make sure to be the first to give out my weapons, just to prove my point. If I have failed all of you, sisters, and they turn out to be unfriendly, simply get rid of me. It would not have been the first time my own people would abandon me. And if you are worried of them getting me alive, have Stormrage here kill me on spot. She will be happy to oblige, I presume.}


Softsapphire than proceeds to gather as much information on the vessel as she can with her limited sensors.

_________________
la nɔtʀʏltsɪmœ ʀɛv, dɛ ʒã puʀ la pʀɔtɛʒe
nu vœnõ dõkœ dœ tupaʀtu, puʀ ɛtʀœ sa ɡʀãdaʀme
dœ la site pʀɔtɛktœʀ, dœ sœ ʀɛvœ defãsœʀ
ynjõ dœ la fɔʀsœ dœ tus, nu vwasijalɔʀ lɛzɔʀiɔnɪt

- The Chant of A Certain Army


Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:38 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.