Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC] 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonnidezzi ignores the hologram giving Malidasaria a concerned look, << [ "...we need not give information to an automated interface that might be compromised by enemy influence or under direct control." ] >>

Sonni gestures to the wall panel of the elevator shifting the electrical flow and deactivates the elevator from operating blocking the flow of current to its motors and controls.. or surveillance electronic cameras within.

Environmental Influence: Electricity [Deplete -3], Area {3 Base} = Lvl 1, 1 Environment - Electricity; +Area/2 '5' [100m r] <+2>, Range/2 [100m] <+2> {3pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Environmental Influence = +Lvl 1 {Lvl 2}, +1 Environments {Magnetism}; <2 VPP>

Speaking to the Commander << [ "Commander Ferox, I would advise us not utilizing any powered systems of this station as they can be monitored by hostiles in control of this facility. I would also suggest we STOP interfacing with this holo-Avatar. We can move through the elevator shafts without it monitoring our progress as we will not be in regular hallways or monitored systems. We do not want to let the enemy know where or how we are advancing. It would seem prudent Commander." ] >>

Not waiting for a response Sonnidezzi stretched out her magnetic senses scanning the interior of the elevator. Then looked up and gestured the maintenance hatch to the elevator shaft discovered in the roof of the elevator.. and tendril of TK force opening the hatch with but a thought.

A quick glance at Charlie. << [ "Sergent. With me." ] >>

...And lightly Sonni lifted from the floor of the elevator up throught he maintenance hatch... and as if weightless Charlie lifted as well to be settled gently on the top of the elevator. Yellow Sun entered as well and with a slight delay lifted up as well as Sonni moved to the side making room for her as she knelt and aimed her Blaster rifle up the shaft covering for any hostiles.

Telekinesis [Deplete -3], Range {1 Base} = Lvl 1, 1kg, 10m, Flight 10m/turn {5pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Telekinesis = +Lvl 2 {Lvl 3}, 100kg <12 VPP>

Over the Marine Comm-net, << [ "...I'm accessing the data of the stations schematics to plot out a route using the elevator shafts to the CIC... it of course will have security countermeasures.. but we should be able to ascend undetected and unhindered - at least until we get to the floor we need, Commander Ferox." ] >>

Skill: Computer [Electronic Warfare] - Lvl 1 = 2d6 + 5 + 1 + 1 → [4,5,5,1,1] = (16)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1287662
* Modifiers = {+5} Mind, {+1} Skill, {+1} Specialization {?}

[ P72 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[Enough!] Hadrid barked with exalted voice. [Sergeant get back to line. Your squad moves last.]

Hadrid climbed to opened hatch. Rising his head and picking from it he could see that entire shaft lost it's lights...propably thanks to sparky's doing.... Switching to NV mode Hadrid could see two ladders placed on opposite walls.

[It's dark there. Switch to night-vision and move out. We climb by twos. Soroin you with me. Ruyter, Fiore you after us. Sergeant Stone you after us.]

POST 46


Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 49

The machine women rebuffed the Commander, the avatar was being cooperative as he expected to be.
[...maintenance.]
Whatever that really meant it wasn`t good, she migh've even looked sad, were she Human. It wasn`t clear what powers she had beyond simply greeting functions, given that she'd tried to turn away the task force something wasn`t entirely right, especially considering that this station should be for refueling something which this one was not. Still, she was being reasonably cooperative, although her answers were evasive for a computer perhaps the SHISF Security Man might have more luck considering his standing. Regardless, this was time being wasted, the element of surprise might be lost if it is not already. Questions about skin color and uniforms were a time suck if anything, Charlie was beginning to worry that bugs might be crawling around in the vent work setting up ambush points while discourse over who might need a doctor was going on.

The Scandinavian may have more luck dealing with the inquisitive system, at least Charlie hoped as much. Solid intelligence may immeasurably.
"Inoue. Commander Grand is KIA. Do you have realtime footage from the corridor outside the CiC?"

<< "...we need not give information to an automated interface that might be compromised by enemy influence or under direct control." >>
A troubling though, if the bugs could grab Human systems it would indicate a disterbing level of knowledge of TCA Military Hardware.

<< "Commander Ferox, I would advise us not utilizing any powered systems of this station as they can be monitored by hostiles in control of this facility. I would also suggest we STOP interfacing with this holo-Avatar. We can move through the elevator shafts without it monitoring our progress as we will not be in regular hallways or monitored systems. We do not want to let the enemy know where or how we are advancing. It would seem prudent Commander." >>
{Gonna be slow progress cracking every door manually, might be they already know we are here, also gonna be tough to shut down internals like security. Worse, the iron giant might not fit up there thats some serious steel he has. He would have good intel on the goings on of this place. Still, the caution is definitely not misplaced. Whatever, it`s a decision that`s above my pay grade.}

Not willing to wait for the Commander Sonni forced the elevator`s maintenance hatch open, it wasn`t too high up, an easy jump to grab on pull ones self up.
<< "Sergent. With me." >>
Charlie looked at Sonni to try and guess as to what she might be thinking, clearly she wanted to get up there, where she was going besides up was anyone's guess. She had a map courtesy of the Commander. Still, it was a rough map, it didn`t list everything on the station.

But before he could gleam anything from that look she was floating away, up out the hatch.
{Easier than jumping I guess, a lot more graceful if anything. Kind of angelic.}
Before Charlie even had time to line up a proper jump he was inexplicably floating.
{WHAT THE... SHIT! SHIT! I can`t... I can`t move! UP? Is it Sonni? Don`t drop me, please!}
The weightless feeling was disorienting, and it`s suddenness was frighting. Charlie had micro gravity training but this was unexpected and extremely unnerving. It was all Charlie could do not to cry out or struggle at first. Once he knew whom was lifting him it got somewhat better, even though the flight and landing were gentle, smooth and without fault, it was not something Charlie would want to do again without being ready. It was something that would take getting used to.
{Breath, don`t show anything, I am fine now. What? I can`t see anything, even the emergency lights are out. Strange.}

Charlie switched to Night Vision, the shaft was fairly standard as elevator shafts go. Two ladders on either side gave access to the floors above. Nothing of note was above. One of the Loroi followed in her harrowing flight, probably not scary for her anyway, as she immediately to up position watching the skies.

Sonni used the radio to make a general broadcast.
<< "...I'm accessing the data of the stations schematics to plot out a route using the elevator shafts to the CIC... it of course will have security countermeasures.. but we should be able to ascend undetected and unhindered - at least until we get to the floor we need, Commander Ferox." >>
{Yeah, if I don`t need a change of pants on the way, I think I'll climb.}

<< "Enough!" >> The Commander barked with every bit of authority that his high rank brought him, it was maybe half a frighting as the flight up, it had a considerable amount of fear, fear drilled in by different Boot Camps.

<< "Sergeant get back to line. Your squad moves last." >>
<< "B-b-but Sir. We are... already up here. You want me to climb down?" >>
Charlie didn`t give the order to ascend, but Charlie Squad was already up on top of the elevator. However, given space it would be possible to get down from up there.
<< "Commander, sir. Perhaps my Squad should take point. Teidar Stormrage will be able to shut down electricals." >>
Charlie had made his case, the Commander was the highest ranking officer on mission and gave his orders, orders that he would follow.

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Hadrid looked up to see "flying" Charlie. {damm you Aldridge} While it was starting to piss him off badly he couldn't let his anger do the job for him. He had to control entire situation and 'Sparki' did not help.

[No, Stay there and wait for the rest. And sergeant stay there!]

Turning to remaining squads in elevator and at entrance. [Stone move. Let's see if Mr. Vättenman fits the hatch.]

POST 47


Last edited by Beliskner on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonnidezzi peering down the hatchway nods to Nelopaio and Malidasaria and gently plucks them from the deck plates one by one lifting them up through the hatch and up into the elevator shaft floating them near the ladders within easy reach for them to secure themselves before releasing her gentle telekinetic hold upon them.

Switching to Comms, << [ "Commander Ferox, if you would like I can easily lift all of you into the shaft to make this ascent quicker - rather than you all clambering up on your own. Also, do I infer correctly, that you now want Charlie Squad on rear guard? My abilities are best utilized on point... but it is your decision." ] >>

[ P73 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 pm
Posts: 717
Location: Central Florida
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
23

Malidasaria is floated up the shaft, grinning rather idiotically in the process. She then takes hold of the ladder and begins to climb.

_________________
Hoenn


Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:07 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 772
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: Just a quick update tonight to catch up with you. Couldn't finish everything and will post the rest, including a decent plan for that station, as soon as I can.]

The hologram listened to Malidasaria and answered:

[Irasshaimase Mizol Losat Malidasaria and Teidar Sezon Sonnidezi! Welcome aboard this combined SHI and TCA installation! I am not familiar with a SHI or branch called Loroi. Please specify and or explain further details.]

Having said that she replied to Torleif:

[I am sorry, the videolink to the CIC is not working because of... maintenance... I am awaiting further orders from Commander Grand. His last instructions happened jus....]

Suddenly some kind of interference could be seen running through the hologram. Its form and colors were changing randomly for a brief moment, before it was deactivated, together withe the strange music and the lights of the elevator.

As the Lorois and Humans from Cydonia then entered the shaft, the emergency lights of started to do their work, turning everything into a strange, orange colored light. At the same time a small handrail detached from the side of the wall close to the ladder upwards and through their com link an all familiar voice could be heard:

[This is Inoue. Because of a malfunction I am using the stations com channel to be of use.] after a brief pause she added: [I must inform you that using strong electromagnetic fields inside the station is not allowed and won't be tolerated by SHI and TCA security. Keep in mind that you are using the emergency ladder at your own risk. Keep in mind to use the security rail and connect your suite to it. It is recommended to wait in the elevator till SHI repair teams have arrived.]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:57 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:28 pm
Posts: 131
Location: US North Carolina: Eastern standard Time Zone
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Roland Made a few mental notes on Unit discipline and cohesion int he future. The abilities of the Loroi were definitely going to make things interesting. Even in his armor Roland could manage the door and the shaft, the marine armor was designed to make it very easy to move about in most combat environments, including ship board. If there was a space too small for his armor, you probably didn't need a marine for the job.

"Aye sir, on the move. Mr. Vättenman... Follow me, stay close, and Be ready for action...the rest of you move in pairs. One up, one on watch." Roland barked orders crisply and started up the lift shaft."I'll o it the old fashioned way if you don't mind. He added toward who ever was doing the lifting trick.


Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm
Posts: 197
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Hearing the warning from the automated system, Nelopaio sighs slightly as she's raised via telekinesis, then takes hold of the ladder, climbing after Malidasaria. For now, she's quiet... Stormrage is in tactical command, and she herself is mostly just following for the time being, mind occupied by her own thoughts...


Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:50 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:49 pm
Posts: 116
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
De Ruyter, being on his best behavior for now, does exactly as asked. Staying close with the group for now, at least happy he's getting some eye candy as the group prepares to move. Female forms are just that much nicer to be around then males. He relaxed slightly and took a position that gave him a good overview, masking his lechery by taking broad looks through the environment.


Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Stormrage directs all of Charlie Squad to begin their ascent... all the while she holds position atop the elevator watch them all ascend until she is the only her and Charlie remain.

<< [ "Sergeant Aldridge, go. I'll hold position here ... inform me when everyone has completed the ascent. I'll ascend when all have reached our objective level. If anyone should fall I'm here to catch them with telekinesis." ] >>

[ P74 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:46 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:32 am
Posts: 37
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Torleif switched his suit optics per Cmd.Ferox order. With hulking steps he walked to the elevator where the door to the shaft was. It didn't let him through. But after some persuasion from the exosuits servos the door gladly let him inside. Pros and cons, pros and cons...
He thought to himself that climbing inside a elevator shaft with his sort of ordinance would not be a walk in the park. Looking at a specific female he said ¤"Miss Teidar. Can you get me up there?"¤


Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonni looks down through the elevator maintenance hatch in ceiling of the elevator car... remembering the powered armor trooper from SHI.

Looking at the hatch and the bulk of his suit's shoulders... it is obvious to her that he will NOT fit through that hatchway... regardless of her talents. Looking at the elevator she is standing on... she is pretty sure she could... eventually tear open the top of it with enough applied Telekinetic force... but that would be Very unsubtle... possibly counter-productive as well as in setting off security alarms and angering the already touchy Human Field Commander Ferox.

She grimaces slightly then concentrates... expanding her magnetic senses... and suddenly a simple solution presents itself.

<< [ "Please step out of the elevator... Torr-leff. You will not fit through the hatchway... but there is an easier... non-destructive way." ] >>

With Torleif off the elevator Sonni seizes control of the electrical controls around her again and commands the elevator to lower into standby mode in the elevator pit below... lowering the top of the elevator to the level of the floor of the Hanger/Lab Bay floor outside the elevator.

<< [ "There... sorry I did not realize this was possible before. It would have been easier for other to make their accent... rather than clambering up through the hatch. Please fo9llow the others using the maintenance wall mounted rungs. I'll follow when all have made their ascent." ] >>

[ P75 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 50

Charlie tabbed his coms-unit to respond to the Commander.
<< "Aye, aye sir. Holding position." >>
<< "Commander Ferox, if you would like I can easily lift all of you into the shaft to make this ascent quicker - rather than you all clambering up on your own. Also, do I infer correctly, that you now want Charlie Squad on rear guard? My abilities are best utilized on point... but it is your decision." >>
{Hmm, somehow, I think, that won`t be happening, not ever. I mean, I wouldn`t want to go again, probably not... maybe.}

Charlie watches as more Loroi are lifted up, it was something that the Commander would definitely not consent to.

Charlie listened to the Virtual Station Assistant, he didn`t trust the machine as it tried to hide information before, without a good reason as of yet.
[This is Inoue. Because of a malfunction I am using the stations com channel to be of use.]{Oh, good, you won`t be leaving us.}
[I must inform you that using strong electromagnetic fields inside the station is not allowed and won't be tolerated by SHI and TCA security. Keep in mind that you are using the emergency ladder at your own risk. Keep in mind to use the security rail and connect your suite to it. It is recommended to wait in the elevator till SHI repair teams have arrived.]
{TCA isn`t owned by SHI, why does she keep going on about TCA. She tried to turn as away knowing full well whom we are. I don`t like it, something is wrong, more than just normal corporate interests. I just know we are going to find something bad in there.}
It made things mush easier knowing that the Staff Sergeant was about, Charlie knew his friend had a good head on his shoulders. Especially considering that he choose to take the easy jump over "Flight Time".

<< "Sergeant Aldridge, go. I'll hold position here ... inform me when everyone has completed the ascent. I'll ascend when all have reached our objective level. If anyone should fall I'm here to catch them with telekinesis." >>
<< "Right, then I'm moving up. Yeah, I'll give you the word. At least if someone did fall you could catch them, it`s good to know. >>

Charlie holstered his side arm and cradled the bomb drone a bit closer to his body, he was on the ladder but not very high before he heard the SHISF trooper asking after Sonni. He wanted to get up here, but there was no way he was gonna fit.
{Oh right, the Jolly Iron Giant, how is he gonna fit? Hmm, Sonni tearing off the top of the elevator car isn`t the best idea, I don`t think. Not very conspicuous, by any standards. I guess I could get the Plasma Cutter from the Shuttle, shouldn`t take to long to burn a hole right through, it'd be a lot more quiet.}
Yet, all of his ladder musings were moot, as Sonni had what could only be described as an eureka moment. While brilliant as a solution, she was right, it would have been easier sooner.
{Oh well, could be worse I guess, I wouldn`t have thought of that.}
Charlie tabbed his coms once more, broadcasting on Charlie Squads`s frequency.
<< "Nice going, I'm gonna start climbing, won`t be long till I reach up there. Once Torleif is up there with us, I'll call back down." >>

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:24 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:32 am
Posts: 37
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Stepping back inside. His armored face seemingly "looked" in the small womans eyes, telling her he was ready for whatever mind powers she uses to propell people up the elevator shaft.
Well. This oughta be different. He thought.


Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonni is looking up the elevator shaft when the powered armor trooper stepped back in the elevator. When she realized he did not start climbing the elevator shaft she turned her attention his way looking at him somewhat confused.

Realizing he was expecting her to lift him... she folds her arms across her breast and looks his suit up and down...pondering how likely heavy he was.

It was a simple contemplative gesture from the petite alien woman... but still very fetching even in her armored vacc-suit.

Thinking, {Hmmm... perhaps he's about 300 or so Humaniti kilograms... well within my capacity.}

Focusing her attention on him her posture shifts her arms dropping and her pretty green eyes burning with an intensity of concentration... gently she lifts from the floor about a foot...suspended in air.

For Torleif he feels his center of balance suddenly shift then vanish all together as he begins to 'fall' upwards... slowly the sensation very similar to being in space freefall weightlessness. But his is not alone keeping pace with his fall upwards near him is the petite alien woman..a slight smile on her face. The rate of their ascent is about 10meters/4sec at its fastest almost 1 G of acceleration. The effort does not seem to tax her overmuch.. though it is obvious some level of exertion is needed for such a feat of telekinetic power...

Telekinesis [Deplete -3], Range {1 Base} = Lvl 1, 1kg, 10m, Flight 10m/turn {5pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Telekinesis = +Lvl 3 {Lvl 4}, 1,000kg, 10kg-hurled object {Weapon Lvl1, Range/1 '10m'} <Shift VPP - Full TK 24pts>

Total Cost: 1EP{1 min} / Current Energy: 53


Sonni and Torlief swiftly pass the climbing marines and Loroi. At the top of the shaft on the floor of their destination she gestures to the wall rungs and Torlief floats within arms reach.

<< [ "There now take a grip of the rungs and wait for the rest to arrive. I'm going back down to make sure if someone should loose their grip... I can catch them." ] >>

With no further words she drops back down the shaft seemingly in freefall... until she is out of sight. To those climbing shortly Sonni drops by as if falling uncontrolled but she seems unconcerned in the brief glimpse of her they get as she falls past their laborious climbing efforts. Sonni returns to the elevator car and hold position again. Watching to catch any who might weaken from fatigue loose grip and fall.

[ P76 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:34 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:32 am
Posts: 37
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
As he was floating he wondered if the railings would hold his weight. But he didn't have much choice as the woman was gesturing him to grab them.
Not wanting to strain the railings for too long, he asked the stations AI/VI.
"-Inoue. What is the status on this floor and the imediate proximity behind the doors?"-


Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Hadrid looked as his team moved up. Hearing sparky's offer, he only chucked and jumped on the ladder, starting climbing up.



POST 48


Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:58 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 772
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: Ok, here we go again. Sorry for the very long delay, it was not planed. Anyway, please take a look at the map of the station, if you have not done that yet. Link: here I hope you don't mind that I speed up things.
Some (maybe) music for you: Link]


Inoue answered Torleifs question with a long delay, while the others were already on their way to the Command Deck and Fiore had almost reached the door to that deck.

[I am sorry Torleif, but this Cargobay is... closed down... Please go back to the lift. Help is on the way... The Commander promised!]

Suddenly the light in the shaft died down to almost complete darkness and a strange howling could be heard from below.

Corp. Fiore was the first to speak: [Hey! Hologram, whats the matter?]

But the only answer was: [I do n......] followed by a very loud static noise.

After a brief moment, the light switched on again, or at least some of them, flashing in a bright orange color and the howling got even stronger and the ladder started to slowly retract back into its hold. The disturbing static noise from the comunits stopped, too.
Suddenly, a louder and much more "male" human voice could suddenly be heard:

[Emergency lift evacuation! Electromagnetic launch system out of order! RATO failsafe system powering up! Please fasten your seatbelt and remain in an upright position! Time to launch: 59 seconds! Emergency lift evacuation! Electromagnetic launch system out of order! RATO failsafe...]

After a brief moment of silence Fiore asked: [Commander? I reached the door to the command deck, but its sealed! You know that those lifts are designed to work as an escape pod, too? So it will launch into open space and we shouldn't be here when it does!]

The she started to take a closer look at the door and tried to find an opening, a console, whatever. But the door was sealed with an bulkhead that closes in emergency situations and in her growing panic, she could not find a manual override.

[Cazzo!] she yelled into her helmet and wasn't sure if they could get out of here in time. Meanwhile, the male voice could be heard again:

[52 seconds till departure!]

To the Loroi:
Spoiler: show
Although weak, a sansai could be sensed by every Loroi in the shaft, as if someone was screaming with its last breath: {They found you! The masters have found you!}


To Hujedamig:
Spoiler: show
For a moment, Torleif heard a weak audio transmission filled with static, but all he could understand was:
[I am s[...]ry To[...]fe!]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:12 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:32 am
Posts: 37
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Quote:
[I am sorry Torleif, but this Cargobay is... closed down... Please go back to the lift. Help is on the way... The Commander promised!]

"¤Go back to... Inoue, what are you trying to do?¤"

Quote:
Suddenly the light in the shaft died down to almost complete darkness and a strange howling could be heard from below.

Corp. Fiore was the first to speak: [Hey! Hologram, whats the matter?]

But the only answer was: [I do n......] followed by a very loud static noise.

{Not this too...} Then the orange light came on and the ladders started to retract. {Damn.}
He had been briefed on the stations "lifeboats" and how it works. Then the voice of the automated system could be heard. Now this was a really bad place to hold up. Then he heard one of the Cydonia people:

Quote:
[Commander? I reached the door to the command deck, but its sealed! You know that those lifts are designed to work as an escape pod, too? So it will launch into open space and we shouldn't be here when it does!]
[Cazzo!]


"Cazzo" sounded much like a curse. She probably could not find the override. Switching to the com he adressed one who probably had his cool.
[Mr Steen! Bottom left, next to the bulkhead. Red lever. Break the glas and yank it down! If the doors don't open automatically, slide them manually. The clamps will release.]

Looking down he saw the small woman standing on top of the lift and the commander still climbing. He then said; [Teidar. Get up here at once.]

As the ladders were retracting in a synchronized, even flow, he lowered his cannon and held the barrel pointing downwards next to the commander. If the ladders would catch up to him he could grab on to the cannon. If they were unlucky enough.


Quote:
To Hujedamig:
For a moment, Torleif heard a weak audio transmission filled with static, but all he could understand was:
[I am s[...]ry To[...]if!]

"¤INOUE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?¤"
For the others he seemingly yelled out in the blue. But still... He treated the AI as a friend and that personal transmission made him nervous. He didn't know if she was compromised or in some way were forced to engage the "lifeboat system".

If they survive he would damn well find out.


Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Hearing the warning messages from the automated system... and the sanzai warning all her crew sisters also heard. Sonni was briefly perplexed... she had told them they should not interact with the hologram...as likely the Enemy had compromised its systems. Sonni wish she had followed her first instincts and electric surged the whole system to disable the main computer in the first place. It was a standard policy when the very few times a Loroi crew executed a boarding action of a hostile vessel.

Torlief's shout for her to get up the elevator and assist were unnecessary... Sonni was already in action.

Stretching out her electromagnetic senses to search the elevators electromechanical systems... Sonni found the actuators for the emergency stop breaks. With a twist of electrical fields she energized those motor actuators locking the elevator in place... then she burned out the connecting control circuitry that might be used to actuate them remotely to disengage. They might not stop the manual rocket ejection systems from firing... but they might slow or arrest the elevators movement ...enough to give the crews time to exit the elevator shaft... at least once she'd opened the likely security pressure door at the floor of their exit.

Environmental Influence: Electricity [Deplete -3], Area {3 Base} = Lvl 1= Lvl 1, 1 Environment - Electricity; +Area/2 '5' [100m r] <+2>, Range/2 [100m] <+2>
+ w/Amplifier: Environmental Influence = +Lvl 1 {Lvl 2}, +1 Environments {Magnetism}; <2 VPP>
{Control electricity... finding needed circuitry to control the elevator systems}
Total Cost: 1EP {1minute maintenance} / Current Energy: 52

Perception Check = Mind + 1{Heightened Awareness}; 2d6 + 5 + 1 → [2,3,5,1] = (11)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1306128
* Mods = Mind {+5}, Heightened Awareness {+1}, 'technically Envirnomental Influence levels {+2} should also apply...
{To spot the needed electrical systems...}

Replying to Torlief over the Marine net, << ["I understand and I'm coming..."] >>, to a few snickers from some of the Marines in puerile mirth at her turn of phrase that was completely lost on her...

Looking up suddenly Sonni shot up the shaft like a bullet! Gone was the graceful freedom of flight replaced with the urgency of a mind and powerful will in motion. Sonni shot past the still climbing troopers reaching the door to the Command Deck floor.

Telekinesis [Deplete -3], Range {1 Base} = Lvl 1, 1kg, 10m, Flight 10m/turn {5pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Telekinesis = +Lvl 1 {Lvl 2}, 10kg, 'flight 100m/turn' <8 VPP>
Total Cost: 1EP {1minute maintenance} / Current Energy: 51

Hovering before the door then positioning herself just to the side of it - still floating so as to use the door frame as cover she spied Roland Streen desperately trying to actuate the mechanical override. She didn't bother...

color=#0000FF]Environmental Influence: Electricity[/color] [Deplete -3], Area {3 Base} = Lvl 1= Lvl 1, 1 Environment - Electricity; +Area/2 '5' [100m r] <+2>, Range/2 [100m] <+2>
+ w/Amplifier: Environmental Influence = +Lvl 1 {Lvl 2}, +1 Environments {Magnetism}; <2 VPP>
{Control electricity... finding needed circuitry to control the Security Door systems}

Perception Check = Mind + 1{Heightened Awareness}; 2d6 + 5 + 1 → [3,2,5,1] = (11) {Huh? Similar rolls?}
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1306132
* Mods = Mind {+5}, Heightened Awareness {+1}, 'technically Environmental Influence levels {+2} should also apply...
{To spot the needed electrical systems...}

Sending out her electromagnetic sense Sonni scanned the door for its electrical veins... seeking the motors and pump actuators that held the door shut and pressurized.

Seizing control of the flow of electricity ... blocking the digital control commands coming for the control circuitry she took control directly of the pumps and motors and actuating them opened the door spreading her deflector shield of tele/electromagnetic force before her Roland and the fringes of it over Torlief as she was expecting defenders in position to open fire when the door opened fully.

”Electro-Static / Telekinetic Shield” Force Field [Deplete -3, Detectible: sight 'arcing lightning'/smell 'ozone' -1] = Lvl 3,
12pts Armor Rating, Regenerating <+1>, Air-Tight <+1xp>, Area/1 [1m radius] <+1> {7 '8' pts}
{1 meter radius should be enough to effectively cover the entire opening of the door}
Total Cost: 1EP {1minute maintenance} / Current Energy: 50

Panels upon her armored Vaccsuit and the oddly bulky gauntlets began to glow and raw lighting began to arc furiously about her... she was prepared to fill the hallway with deadly lightning to give as well as the Enemy might dish out in return!

As a side thought Sonni brought the human Assault Railgun to her shoulder... ready to add bouncing and electrically charge projectiles to the swath of dead she was... admittedly eager to unleash...!

NOTE: @Suederwind - Hey GM, I feel that Sonnidezzi uses her flight and electromagnetic senses enough that... much as I might like to save the points for other things.. I need to buy flight and a new sixth sense to accurately and fairly account for her abilities. Technically, her current abilities do allow her to do this perfectly well without the new powers... but the Game system suggests that it should be avoided using one power to do things another power covers. She uses the abilities enough that in fairness to the other characters... she should buy the correct powers in xp expenditure to account for these talents. In either case these 'new' powers will not be able to be boosted by her current Amplifier...until a Dorazer has had a chance to look at it. However, her amplifier is already been stretched to its limits in abilities..much more and it will not be able to be so compact an innocuous a device.

"TK Flight" Flight [Deplete -3] = Lvl 1, 10kph {5pts}
"Electrokinetic Senses" Sixth Sense [Electricity, Magnetism; Deplete -3] = Lvl 1, Area {3 Base} [10m r], Range/3 [1km] <+3> {2pts}

Total Cost: 7xp {Currently all her banked xp}
... with your approval of course if you feel it is a fair and needed expendature?

[ P77 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 51

The climb wasn`t really hampered by the fact he was still carrying the wheeled drone, perhaps slightly more challenging one handed, as Charlie made decent enough progress to catch up to the rest of the climbing group. Charlie looked back down at the Heavy Steel SHISF Trooper and Sonni, simply making sure there where no more problems with there ascent, he was more than surprised to see them both start floating upwards. They both start to 'fall' upwards, as if gravity was reversed for them, it wasn`t flight per say but as if magnetism was pulling them up. It was mere moments before they both passed those still on the ladder. Torleif bypassed everyone on the ladder and received a position at the very front of the queue due to Sonni`s courtesy flight.

Charlie was ambivalent about it, his first flight was terrifying if nothing else, an experience but a scary one. Still it was something awe inspiring none the less; to move like that, to be free from gravity. Charlie briefly mused on it, she could easily be described as a Wizard. Having powers beyond the humble ken of mortals; flying around, commanding lighting, blocking arrows and other missiles. Yes, if all Loroi were the same they may as well be all Wizards, but for the moment, they are highly competent allies.

As quickly as they ascended; Sonni dropped like the proverbial stone, straight down. At first Charlie panicked, she had dropped so quickly, had he tired from the reversal of gravity? Fatigued, had he fallen? Yet, as she dropped past at high velocity, Charlie got a brief glimpse, she was unconcerned. Clearly, Charlie needn`t worry, so much for her, she was conntrolling her fall completely, simply returning to the bottom to catch any that might fall. But needing to not worry and actually not worrying were separate matters. Charlie stopped climbing to watch her landing. "Just to make sure." He told himself.

Besides feats of magic and flight. The rest of the climb was uneventful. Charlie was the very last person to start climbing, besides Sonni but she had just demonstrated that he could move freely as a bird might. Even at the back of the stack Charlie could hear clearly that avatar he almost shot and the Viking Axeman speaking to her.

"Inoue. What is the status on this floor and the imediate proximity behind the doors?"
[I am sorry Torleif, but this Cargobay is... closed down... Please go back to the lift. Help is on the way... The Commander promised!]
Charlie swiftly tabbed the Commander Channel with his free hand.
<< "Sir, somethings not right. I find it hard to believe a dead man is sending help." >>

Before Charlie got a response from the LC the lights all died, worse, there was a ominous sound from bellow. Charlie looked down to see if anything was wrong with Sonni but the darkness prevented that, he hadn`t engaged his NV while climbing, he'd had more than enough light to see well.

Corporal Fiore had been the first of many to speak up.
[Hey! Hologram, whats the matter?]
Marines had a very good noise discipline instilled in them, else wise there would have been panic and the channels would have filled with many voices looking for answers. Still this was highly troubling.

More troubling was her response.
[I do n......]
The rest had be cut off with a volume of static.

Charlie heard the SHISF Trooper trying to question the machine women.
"¤Go back to... Inoue, what are you trying to do?¤"

Yet, the ordeal was only getting worse by the secound. Now the shaft was illuminated by Orange lights, less of them sure, these lights were some kind of warning lights. Charlie knew that much. Far more distressing was the slow inexorable retraction of the ladder. Charlie would survive a fall from this height, the armor would absorb most of the impact or Sonni might catch him. Yet, there were many people to catch, she wouldn`t be able to get them all. And there will be broken legs even with the armor. A fall could be bad head first would mean death. Charlie pushed aside thoughts of a bad fall, mostly he was worried for Sonni again. He had to find information fast. At he very least some how stop the ladder. Maybe jamming his rifle there might do it. The sound got louder, it was amlost sounding like howling or grinding or something. Charlie hoped Sonni was ok.

A voice came over the inter com, but gone was Inoue`s voice. Replaced by a male one. Given his message, Charlie dearly missed the Japense women who had made a fool of him.
[Emergency lift evacuation! Electromagnetic launch system out of order! RATO failsafe system powering up! Please fasten your seatbelt and remain in an upright position! Time to launch: 59 seconds! Emergency lift evacuation! Electromagnetic launch system out of order! RATO failsafe...]

{We will first fall far onto the elevator then be ejected into space, might surive the fall, most of us maybe, but suit breach in vacuum is death. Worse the ejection will also probably be death. Dammit it, I cant do much here. I can`t do anything, I need to check on Sonni first. I don`t think my rifle can stop this ladder. Think! LESS THAN A MINUTE! THINK!}

Charlie still had the bomb, but an explosion in close quarters like this would probably kill a few Marines, worse Charlie still had the bomb. He was at the very back of the pack. Sonni might be bale to fly it up. Yet, it would be impossible to safely set it and detonate it in less than a minute without casualties. No, then.

Sonni might be able to force a or two door open, but the ejection sequence might still activate, and could everyone get up and out in less than a minute? Maybe, this plan might work.

Everyone could jump back down the the elevator. There would be broken legs and maybe deaths but we could get out back the way we came. No, it would take to long to move all the inevitable injured. Maybe Sonni could catch everyone. Doubtful, panic would ruin any plans, and there were many in this shaft, perhaps too many. Not worth trying then.

As if to hi-light the impeding pain filled experience a certain pilot spoke over the coms.
[Commander? I reached the door to the command deck, but its sealed! You know that those lifts are designed to work as an escape pod, too? So it will launch into open space and we shouldn't be here when it does!]
{I really hope that changes soon. We won`t have long to get everyone out a door I don`t think anyway. She wand anyone else up there, have to figure out a way top stop it. I will not die here, I have promises to keep.}

The now cruel uncaring sounding male spoke again, reminding everyone one how long they had to live.
[52 seconds till departure!]
{Our suits can last long enough in space for us to be rescued, the Loroi have that other shuttle. But I feel like this all was a trap, they might leave us out in space then shoot down the boat that comes for us. I know this wasn`t an accident, I must not die here. I refuse. Maybe I should tell everyone to jump, maybe we should take our chances on the way out. No, I am a lowest on the ladder, and even from here it will be bad. I have to hope they can do something. I don`t want to die like this.}

Charlie looked down, now that he could see well enough with the orange glow from the hazard lights, he was happy to note that Sonni was completely unharmed.

Charlie was also glad to hear Thor, son of Odin, speak.
"Mr Steen! Bottom left, next to the bulkhead. Red lever. Break the glas and yank it down! If the doors don't open automatically, slide them manually. The clamps will release."
His instructions seemed very concise, like he had already been in this shaft before. Charlie had to wonder if it wasn`t all some kind of elaborate set up. He had the strongest armor. No, that was a stupid thought. He would fair as bad as the rest of us, maybe worse. At least then he was doing something good. He might know how to shut it off. Perhaps then this will not be so fatal.
He spoke again.
"Teidar. Get up here at once."
Charlie was less glad now. It was an improper way to summon his most favorite Angelic Wizard. Odd, considering that he may very well die by being scrapped off the wall by a high speed metal coffin and out into the a vacuum of space, and what annoyed him most at the current moment was that someone made a completely reasonable call to have a very competent mission member get to the top of the shaft where she was most needed. It was a highly childish and banal thing to think. Charlie had noticed he'd be hypersensitive around Sonni as of late. Perhaps not so unthinkable in hindsight. He'd eaten lunch with her everyday for a few days, had become an easy target for outlandish rumors, maybe have been spied because of those rumors, and had accepted that he felt clearly defined but sometimes confusing things for her.

Charlie looked down at Sonni once more. He heard her reply.
<< "I understand and I'm coming..." >>
Amazingly, It drew snickers from some of the Marines. Charlie felt annoyed that they were wasting time on such frivolous activities. But his brain quickly reminded him he was doing the same. Thinking about things that weren`t escaping this strange death trap. Still, Charlie knew he could do nothing from were he was, he had a whole minute of time to think about stuff. He grimly knew he couldn`t do anything else, he wounldn`t call on the radio and waste the time of the problem solvers at the top. There was simply nothing better to do right now, he had a whole minute after all. However, he knew he wasn`t being apathetic just realistic. if there was anything he could do, he'd have done it already. Leaving him with one choice, wait for those at the top to doing something.
Hurry up and wait was the phrase that came to mind.

Charlie was still looking down at Sonni. She flew up, much faster than before, she reached the top very quickly.
Charlie couldn`t see past everyone at what was happening, but he saw a light. He saw lighting cover Sonni who was at the top. Was the door stuck? Was she going to break it open? Was it open but protected by hostiles? Charlie didn`t know. As before there was nothing he could do, but now he felt bad about being helpless, he felt useless down here. Charlie truly hoped they would be quick...

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:42 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 772
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: Ok, this took me longer to finish. Sorry for the delay. I hope you don't mind that me make a little jump forward and start a new scene? However, some music for you: Link]

Corporal Fiore was the first who awakened after they had got out of the elevator shaft. Her head was hurting quite a bit and she didn't know exactly what had happend. But there was no time to worry for such things now.
She looked around and realized that she was on deck 3 of that station, on the floor in front of the elevators, to be precise. She saw the others lying around were they had fallen or jumped out of the shaft, like she did, all of them started to move a few moments later. Luckily no one appeared to be seriously hurt, except from quite a bit of soot that covered them and her, too.
Apparently the door couldn't close fast enough to save them or the stations carpet from the blast of the RATO rocket and, as it seems, some parts of the door were still red hot, while others had molten to the floor. So not much time could have passed.

{Could take a while to open that door again...Oh yes... now I remember...}

She though as the memories came back to her:
Somehow she couldn't get that door open fast enough, too many damn seals on that door! She only managed to open 2 of the 5 seals in time, as suddenly the hydraulic started working, trying to open the door, regardless if the seals were open or not. She remembered the loud squeaking noise the door made, the black fume coming out of the hydraulic engine next to the door and how the seals slowly bended and the door opened.
Somehow, an unknown force kicked her and the others through the door, just in time, but thanks to the damaged seals, the blast and the heat of the RATO got through, as the door couldn't close completely.

After another moment, she grabbed her weapon and got up.

{Time to get going...}
[Everyone alright? Someone hurt?] she asked over the com unit.

[Plan of this deck: Link]

Looking around a bit more and she checked the environment for foes or possible hazards.
It looked like a bomb had detonated in here: Parts of the ceiling seemed to have been removed and simply dropped to the ground, strange cables and equipment was attached to walls and ceiling. Parts of the walls were cut open in great haste as it seemed, cables and unknown parts seem to have grown out of them. Or in other words: complete chaos.
A sign on the other side of the corridor indicated that behind a door close by were the lifesupport controlls of the station. But somehow the light on this part of the station was much more dim than usual. Regardless of that, she saw someone lying close to the elevators door, behind them, that had not been so lucky. The body was still wearing on of these formfitting female SHI uniforms and was missing her head.

{As usual...}

But the side of her body, close to the doors, was roasted from the rocket blast. She walked closer to the body and realized that something with the gravity was off as well. It was much lower than the usual 0.7G on such a station.
However, the body was still holding a datapad in her dead hand and as she touched it, it started working again, requiring a password.

[Commander? This might be of interest...]

An unknown noise behind her back let her turn around as quick as she could and raise her weapon to the possible foe. But all she saw was a small, dark yellow colored box with, what appeared to be a black lens, that somehow had been lowered from the ceiling at the end of the corridor to her left. That box followed every movement of her...

{So they know that we are here. Great!}

Without much further thinking she fired a round of her gun on that thing and watched pleased as it burst asunder in tiny parts.

{So they are not invincible... Good...}

[Sorry Sir, but they know that we are here anyway and I don't like being watched. I hope you don't mind.]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 52

Charlie had been last of the ladder, the closet to the bottom. They must have opened the door at the top, for everyone began moving up with a speed piling through the new breach. He tried to climb fast, but being the last meant he had to wait for everyone else to get through, worse still he was starting to lag behind. Charlie might been able to carry the wheeled bomb normally but getting up the ladder quickly was impossible. He dropped it to climb faster, the Commander may be upset but the bomb may cost him his life other wise.

Charlie got near the top, he could see the open door. He got so close, but he didn`t make it, he felt the vibrations in the ladder they must have been start up sequences for the ejector rockets. Charlie climbed as fast as his arms could carry him, he felt the vibrations in the ladder and then felt something else but it was too late. He fell into a void, the deepest darkness. Charlie briefly felt something hit his head and then a quick flash of pain on most of his back, something told him that was his death. The rockets had burned him unfortunately and now he was dead.

His thoughts were slow, ponderous, he didn`t think things so much as he knew them, "Must come with being dead." he thought. Still, he'd had a decent life, could have been worse. At first Charlie wasn`t angry he was dead, but the more he thought about it the more it bothered him. He promised not to die, he wanted to kill all of the bug scum and he wanted to live longer. Charlie was feeling strange, for being dead, his back still felt like it burned, his head still hurt. Maybe he was just feeling them now, maybe he was just feeling what killed him. Yet, the more he thought, the faster his thoughts came. Now he regretted letting down Sonni, the Commander, the Staff Sergeant, the Captain and everyone else. Now his back blazed and his head throbbed, was it always like that or was he just feeling it now?

The void seemed lighter somehow, but worse still, it was filled with nondescript sounds. Random noise. To really bothered him now leaving behind Sonni for this noisy dead place. His head and back really hurt now. It wasn`t fair to leave her behind, if he could just escape this place. Charlie felt it really wasn`t his time yet, he felt it just wasn`t fair. The noise was worse now, loud and everywhere. Some of it sounded almost like words.
[E____y ____ht. S_______e hurt?]
That last bit sounded like a word, a real word. Somehow, he knew if he wanted out all he need to do was stand up. So put all of his power into his imaginary arms and legs, and stood. But he fell back down and rolled of his face onto his back. All he felt was pain. Such a pain that could wake dead men. It brought him back. He was alive, and it hurt.

Like a blindfold coming off his senses returned to him. The ceiling was black and burned, he could tell because he was on his back looking at it. His ears reported that people were around him. His back reported that it was burned. His head reported that it was in pain. He tried to remember how he got in here, he wasn`t dead but he didn`t think he made to the top in time. One clue was the pain in his head, he had bumped it, another was the burns on his back which were now hurting because he was lying on them. He could be worse, he was alive, and he had things to do.

Charlie back onto his face and pushed up, it felt both easier than it should be and harder, a good sign that he was staring to recover. The burns probably weren`t that bad, the armor had saved him, he'd be dead for real if the were. The worst injury might be the bump on his head, a knock though a helmet to make him forget was a hard one.

Charlie was standing now; looking back at the door, it was still burning, red hot and scorched everywhere. Somebody had saved him, even he had made it inside, which he didn`t, he would be dead if was closer to the door. Looking around; he mentally counted everybody, some had black on them, but nobody was hurt seriously lucky, undoubtedly Charlie was burned the worst. He was still very dizzy and had noxious felling in his stomach. But Army training had shown him that anything could be overcome with willpower, he did his best to force it from his mind.

First thing to do was check on his own squad, then check on the others. He switched to his own squads frequency.
<< "Are all of you ok? Tell me your present conditions" >>
Then to the Command Channel.
<< "Sergeant Aldridge, a little crispy but ok. I'm waiting for conformation but I believe Charlie Squad is unharmed." >>
And finally to the general channel.
<< "This is Aldridge, did someone pull me though the door? I don`t think I made in time. Who got me in?" >>
He had to ask, whom ever had saved him he owed his life to.

It was a trivial matter to clean his rifle which had been on his back, it was a strong weapon and had less damage than he did. But he was ready, he'd check the status of his squad and wait for the Commanders orders.

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:43 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Hadrid looked around, quickly inspecting his men. Hearing corporal Fiore calling him, he started moving to her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Commander? This might be of interest...]

An unknown noise behind her back let her turn around as quick as she could and raise her weapon to the possible foe. But all she saw was a small, dark yellow colored box with, what appeared to be a black lens, that somehow had been lowered from the ceiling at the end of the corridor to her left. That box followed every movement of her...

{So they know that we are here. Great!}

Without much further thinking she fired a round of her gun on that thing and watched pleased as it burst asunder in tiny parts.

{So they are not invincible... Good...}

[Sorry Sir, but they know that we are here anyway and I don't like being watched. I hope you don't mind.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hadrid turned toward Fiore's target. Seeing broken devise falling to the floor.

[Drone? We need to move.]

Fione handed over datapad. It's locked sir.

Hadrid grabbed roasted device which lighted up with touch. Seeing password demand line he activated his personal computer and activated connection between both computers.

Hacking datapad account:
computers roll : 2d6 + 5 + 5 = 21 critical success
Spoiler: show
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4234763/


Let see what we got here.



POST 49


Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:37 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.