Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC] 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1068
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonni lie crumpled on the floor furthest down the hallway. Her shields were down and her head was a splitting headache of overexertion... she had reacted in panic stretching the use of her talents too far after her head trauma only a few days past. What would have normally have been just strenuous and taxing was now hurtful ... her head throbbed with the effort.

She had not thought of it she had reacted...

She was opening the doors when she heard the firing of the elevator RATO rockets... and the rush of air as the top of the shaft was opened to vacuuum without the seal of the doors as would normally happen for she had forced the doors to their floor ... and the doors to the hanger were held open and not shut either... and oversight on her part.

Suddenly the shaft was a wind tunnel as all the air on the hanger deck and the command floor were trying to rush out at the same time!

To make matters worse.. she had locked the elevators emergency breaks so the RATO rockets were only slowly pushing the elevator us the shaft... the measure had saved those in the shaft from being struck and likely seriously injured perhaps killed along with being swept out of the station on uncontrolled vectors into space. but her efforts had only brought her a few precious seconds... then all would be swept from the station... including her Charlie...

She had just reacted lashing out with her telekinetic strength she grabbed hold of everything not attached to the station within her reach and down the shaft... no time for precision and she flung everything she could grab - all up the shaft and out the door to the command Deck...

So much for Loroi arrogance.. the weight was in fact more than she could lift the armored suits of the marines, the powered armor of the SHI soldier Torleif it was all just too heavy. So she pushed herself to go beyond her limits... and like working a muscle too hard she had hurt herself to do it.

The Loroi Dorazor had theorized that telekinesis somehow tapped into fundamental forces of the quantum or even sub-quantum superstrings of space-time itself in effect changing the gravitational constants of the universe from behind the back of space itself. It was still theory for the Loroi psychokinetic violated the laws of thermodynamics with their every effect... it was the only way to explain where the energy for cause and effect, action and equal and opposite reaction came from and could be so violated. In truth no one really knew the truth...

but the effect of what Sonni did was fast... suddenly all in the shaft were briefly weightless then gravitational 'down' became up... and bent... into the floor area of the Command deck. Immediately they all fell up.. including the bomb Charlie had dropped as it was within the event horizon of her telekinetic effect. They all fell up the shaft and were then suddenly slammed by the bent gravitic forces into a differing perpendicular vector as gravity twisted and they fell laterally onto the command deck and dropped unceremoniously and roughly retaining unfortunately some of the inertial velocity as Sonni dropped the effect only able to hold onto it very briefly from the exertion.

If that had been all she did... perhaps she would have not hurt herself so much but the rush of air had to be stopped or they would still all be swept out into the shaft... and ultimately out into to space...!

Gritting her teeth Sonni willed the electrical motors and pumps on the door to close again.

However, due to the fact she had not taken into account the seals that Corporal Fiore had been trying to cut through when she forced the door open.. it did not close fully or quickly... and her gravitic telekinetic effect had the added effect of actually sucking the flames of the RATO rockets onto the floor even before the elevator had passed the command deck on its way to space. The slowly disintegrating elector emergency stop breaks only made it worse as the elevator roared by laboriously letting the rocket engines fire wash over the deck as she was trying to force the doors close.

The effort was just too much.. her head exploded with agony.. a pain felt by all her crewsisters before she lost consciousness. She cried out in pain, a brief gasp before being flung like the rest to the floor ... blackless claiming her mind...

{..I have to save Charlie...! I have to~...} "Aaah...Arrgh~ uhhn!"

Sonni did not know how long she was out... perhaps not long. Slowly consciousness returned to her and with it pain... she lie still trembling from involuntary mirco-seizures that wracked her as her mind attempted to right itself. Her neurons firing uncontrollably from her over-stressed efforts...

Her mind was racing, {Oh spirits.. that hurt... oh no... the enemy! They may be near... I have to stand .. have to be ready to fight... get up .. GET UP..!!!}

Sonni tried to stand and only managed to roll over on her side and groan painfully.. across the marine net << ["Uhhh.. 'gasp'.. mhhmuh..."] >>

Her legs trembling uncontrollably... and her arm flopping uselessly, tangled in the strap of human Assault Gauss rifle...

Total Cost: 20EP {drop telekinesis, force field, environmental influence} / Current Energy: 30

Pushing Attribute {p. 210} and Dramatic Feats {p.148}... effectively Sonni 'pushed' her telekinesis a level and spent 20 energy points to give her a +2 to the roll to push her attribute. I will leave it to the GM if he wishes to charge Sonni for the Advancement point to do this since it was 'sort of' a scripted thing. Whether she succeeded or failed is a forgone conclusion at this point obviously she succeeded.. either case is an advancement point is charged she just spent 1 xp into her telekinesis ... she'll need another 6 to raise her base TK to lvl 2. but for story this is how I'm hoping to define this miraculous safely arriving on the Command Deck floor.

[ P78 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:55 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 771
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: Just a small, but (hopefully) interesting update today. ;) ]

[Drone? We need to move.]

Hadrid said to her.

[I am not sure sir. It looked more like a surveillance camera of some sort. Nevertheless I suggest that we destroy them on sight.]

She then handed over the pad and watched curious how Hadrid easily managed to hack the password.

[Not the first time, you are doing this?] She asked him, not expecting an answer.

Within the pad there was not much useful information, as most of it was corrupted.
Among other things:
-It belonged to a SHI scientist and her name was Dr. Irmgard Jaeger.
-A list of vegetables currently grown in the experimental gardens on the station.
-The Names of the last few Chess Champions of the station.
-Various complaints over rude TCA personal.
-A complete edition of Goethes "Faust".
And more interestingly, the last video message that had been send from that device, still lurking in the outbox.


Starting the recording an 40ish years old female appeared on the screen, with shoulderlong strawberry blond hair, emerald green eyes and quite a few freckles on her skin. The recording was done in some kind of lab, judging from the stuff appearing in the background and apparently Dr. Jaeger was in great haste, as she was speaking very fast and walking somewhere, while the stations alarm could be heard:
[Dr. Levetzow I think we can use IT against them. I and my team just need a bit more time and more of the stations power. Yes, Commander Grant won't like that, I know! But why use those primitive peashooters with an uncertain outcome, if we can easily protect the entire station with the field IT produces?]
The following about 5 minutes were corrupted, too. However, the end could be played:

Directed to someone in the background she shouted:
[...so! Was machen sie da? No! Redirect more power to deck 8! We need this power to start the new generator! They are too fast for our guns anyway!]

and again facing the camera, with tear filled eyes:

[Radoslaw! I fear it might be too late. Try to get to deck 8 and activate IT! Its our only hope... Good luck! ... I love you!]

As the recording ended, the strange noises of the station filled the air again. Silence filled with the sound of unfamiliar equipment and the feeling that something or someone was watching them.

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Hadrid shut down the device and dropped it to the floor. Hearing strange noises again he turned facing it's source.

[Squads, let's move, CIC is right ahead. Let's hope it will give us some clues about current situation.]

Hadrid started moving in the direction of the CIC doors, leading 3 teams behind him.

POST 50


Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 53

Charlie heard a gun shot further along in the hall, he turned to see what was being fired on. Far be it from enemy contact, Corporal Fiore had shot some kind of drone. Since the Commander didn`t give any orders regarding it Charlie put it from his mind. He set to work checking his squad.
Yellow Sun - Fine
Ashe-Eyes - Fine
Sonni - Not Fine, the other two were crowding around her, clearly she was hurt. Odd, Charlie didn`t see anything happen to her. He had being out of it for a bit. Still, he felt bad for not reacting faster.
Charlie could see Sonni wasn`t ok, she was on her back, she looked bad. Charlie

started moving in that direction. His own head was still throbbing, it must have been a hard knock through his helmet to knock him unconscious. His back was burned a little, the armor had saved his life undoubtedly, any lesser armor and he'd have being cooked alive. But Marine armor was vacuum sealed so it could with stand high temperatures but back blast from rail rockets was very much higher. He must have a few blisters and a a various first and secound degree burns but nothing serious really, just a bit of pain.

Then how did she get hurt? He wondered. He'd been the last one through the breach, someone had pulled him through. She didn`t look burned. What hurt her? Charlie mused on these things are he moved closer.

He saw her roll over, he saw his radio come online, it showed her as broadcasting on Charlie squads frequency.
<< "Uhhh.. 'gasp'.. mhhmuh..." >>

Charlie could see she was hurting. She was shaking, she was trying to stand but she didn`t seem able to. Charlie all but ran to the fallen Loroi, Charlie couldn`t see what was wrong with her there was nothing wrong with the outside of her armor. Regardless, he knew something wasn`t right. Maybe, that Loroi Ghost kid, maybe. She was making progress, she was already on her knees, but she looked unsteady.

"Sonni... no wait, don`t... lay back down, don`t try get and up... wait a while, where are you hurt? Whats wrong? Tell me..."
Charlie wanted to keep her down, but he remembered what had happened to Doctor Noel, he kept his hands back.
{Dammit, I don`t know what to do, I don`t have anything to give her. Morphine might be as well be poison to her, damn this.}

He turned to the two Loroi.
"What happened to her? Is she ok? What can I do?... Was it that other one?"

Charlie heard the Commanders Orders over the coms.
<< "Squads, let's move, CIC is right ahead. Let's hope it will give us some clues about current situation." >>

Charlie switched to the Private Command Channel.
<< "Commander, I have wounded. I don`t know what happened, it may have be some kind of mental attack, I don`t know if I can move her yet. Sonni.. I mean Sonnidezzi the Loroi Group Commander, she`s down, I don`t know what I can do for her. I will stay here for the moment, I don`t want to abandon her here. I'll move up with the squad as soon as I am able." >>

Charlie turned back to the Loroi.
"Can you do anything for her? Do you want happened?'

Charlie split his attention between watching out for a surprise attack, and the fragile Loroi struggling on the ground.

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:08 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1068
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonni had heard the gunshot and feared they were under attack... but then she heard his voice and his insistent and growing concern in his voice... he called her name.

Taking deep breaths and forcing calm through the rush of adrenaline {or the equivalent for Loroi}

Sonni spoke softly, << ["C-Chaar-lee? I-I'm ok.. I telekinetically picked everyone up and flung us all onto the Command deck... it was more than I ...c-could normally lift! I've p-pushed myself too.. hard is all. Like straining a muscle to hard.. I'll ..r-recover.. just a little weak now."] >>

Sonni slowly... weakly gets to her feet on her own... she is obviously weary her breathing coming in long gasps. Resolutely, the petite Loroi woman shoulders the human rifle and moves slowly to follow the advance of the Marines.

She favors Charlie with a gentle smile... but a telling detail is she is manifesting no more psychokinetic effects...

[ P79 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
<< "Commander, I have wounded. I don`t know what happened, it may have be some kind of mental attack, I don`t know if I can move her yet. Sonni.. I mean Sonnidezzi the Loroi Group Commander, she`s down, I don`t know what I can do for her. I will stay here for the moment, I don`t want to abandon her here. I'll move up with the squad as soon as I am able." >>

Hearing Aldridge in coms Hadrid turned to see swaying 'sparky' who tried to regain focus.

[Sergeant, fireman! Grab her and let's go! We are exposed here!]

POST 51


Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:22 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 771
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: Sorry, took me longer to get back on track. I hope you still want to play.]

After a few moments, they came to the short corridor that lead to the Command Center of the station. The fighing here must have been much more intense, as there was blood on the floor, as well as some human body parts. The buckeled Corridor panels were full of bulletholes, scorchmarks and cracks. The quivering lights of the corridors ceiling didn't made this terrible sight any easier. However, no bodys could be seen on the floor, instead 6 massive cables lay on the floor and vanished in cut out openings in the walls, a few centimeters in front of the massiv door at the end.
In contrast to this mess, the massiv door to the Command Center looked as if it was brand new. There were no holes or cracks to be seen in its surface made of, what appears to be, solid steel. The red lights on the side of the door indicated, that it was sealed from the inside.

[OOC: Do a preception check here if you want to find out more. ;-)
EDIT: I was asked how to do this: Just roll 2d6 + Mind (+hightened awareness) and tell me what you got, link included.]


[Okay, sir. What to do next?] Fiore asked on the general com channel.

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 54

There was no ambush forthcoming from the supposed attackers, and even less in the of answers from the other Loroi. The shock factor hadn`t completely worn off after seeing her like that, yet Colonial Marines didn`t panic under pressure. She seemed to be breathing better at least. The possibility of surprise attack didn`t leave his mind, it was a tactically sound plan for the bugs to pick off their only defense against the tele-magic possessed by their prisoner. She was trying to speak.

<< ["C-Chaar-lee? I-I'm ok.. I telekinetically picked everyone up and flung us all onto the Command deck... it was more than I ...c-could normally lift! I've p-pushed myself too.. hard is all. Like straining a muscle to hard.. I'll ..r-recover.. just a little weak now."] >>

"So then, you pulled me in? I see now, thank you you doubtlessly saved my life and probably others too. Are you ok? Can you stan-"
[Sergeant, fireman! Grab her and let's go! We are exposed here!]
<< "Yes, sir!" >>
Charlie didn`t need to carry her, she had manged to get up on to her feet on her own. She looked fatigued, but the Commander was more than right. Where they were was a killing box if they got trapped with their backs to the void behind them.

She flashed an 'I'm fine' smile, even though she probably wasn`t.
Sonni was shaky but up, Charlie understood a scratching of Loroi sensibilities, carrying her wouldn`t be the best even if it was him. Yet, it might come to that considering the quick pace of the Commanders lead.

Charlie Squad had the rear guard, this gave Sonni a slightly slower pace to work with. Still it must have been hard for her considering the pain or fatigue see must have. Charlie remebered the elevator again, he would've died without her help, crushed, burned or ejected into space to die of asphyxiation. Not to mention he must have 'pulled' others into. He had to say something.
Charlie moved slightly closer to her and spoke in a conspiratorial whisper, but considering it was over radio it the volume was meaningless.
<< "Uhm... I just wanted to say thanks for saving me... and the others too. But don`t push yourself too hard like that, I know you had to but, I can`t... The TCA cannot afford to lose an ally like you." >>


A short hall lead to the Command Centre of the command, the entire hall showed signs of severe battle damage. Holes punched by railers, a wrecked interior blood stains on show of the walls and floors, even the roof and lighting was damaged. In some places a more grisly sight was could be observed, pieces of people. None of what remained looked armored, might have been techs that got gun down or what was left of them didn`t have any armor left. Charlie wasn`t bothered by this scene, it was unfortunate that people died here, but he would give the bugs the due in time.

<< "Okay, sir. What to do next?" >>
<< "I'd like to know what those cables are, also, the door doesn`t look like it has been breached. It could mean that some of us are still alive in there or that the bugs killed everybody quick enough that they didn`t have to time button up in there. Or worse yet those cables cracked the door, I suggest using E-recon, maybe we are able to see in there without cracking the door now. Might be a trap." >>

Perception check;
Mind: 7
2d6+7 → [4,3,7] = (14)

Roll

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:14 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Reaching sealed doors Hadrid looked around, inspecting surroundings.

Perception check: 7 + 5 = 12

Spoiler: show
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4260862/


Hadrid could notice the human remains on the floor and how parts of flesh and bone are plastered on some of the panels of the wall. This marks indicates that they were trying to defend this position against the umiak. However, the door to the command center is not damaged in any way, which is odd, as the dead defenders are standing right in front of it and the walls are covered with holes and scorch marks.

[Indeed sergeant, let's look for console. There is no quick way to open it manually, it would take 2-3h to cut thru it with plasma cutter.]

Hadrid approached the door and gently knocked it's surface with his fist inspecting doors type.

That type of door seals off in case of an emergency, but the readings on the door opener indicate that it was, indeed, sealed from the inside. Fingerprints made of blood show that someone wounded tried to open it. The door, however looked nearly brand new, except from a few small scratches near the side of it.

POST 52


Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1068
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Charlie wrote:
"So then, you pulled me in? I see now, thank you you doubtlessly saved my life and probably others too. Are you ok? Can you stan-"


The Loroi woman merely smiles tiredly and replies softly her cheeks coloring a soft violet in embarrassment, << ["...actually, I pulled you onto the deck first, but I... slammed your head against the rim of the door in my eagarness and lost grip of you at the door. It must have knocked you out cold but, I left you there because you at least were on the deck. That's why you were closest to the elevator door. I didn't realize how.. powerful the elevators ejection rockets would be... sorry you were burned. I will always keep YOU safe ...char-lee..."] >>

Charlie wrote:
[Sergeant, fireman! Grab her and let's go! We are exposed here!]
<< "Yes, sir!" >>


Sonni smiled at Charlies as he looked at her pondering his Commander's orders... leaning her helmet against his she silenced her comm to say to him...

["...you have my permission to touch me anytime you desire to... Char-lee..."]

Then chuckled at the reaction of his crimson-colored blush...

Charlie wrote:
<< "Uhm... I just wanted to say thanks for saving me... and the others too. But don`t push yourself too hard like that, I know you had to but, I can`t... The TCA cannot afford to lose an ally like you." >>


Sonni regarded him her emerald eyes deep and piercing, ["You belong to my heart Char-lee.. and I to yours. I would lay waste to worlds for your sake if need be! But I'll be more careful.. I promise."]

She lightly pats the side of his helmet face in affection, before striding toward the door...all business again.

Charlie wrote:

<< "Okay, sir. What to do next?" >>

<< "I'd like to know what those cables are, also, the door doesn`t look like it has been breached. It could mean that some of us are still alive in there or that the bugs killed everybody quick enough that they didn`t have to time button up in there. Or worse yet those cables cracked the door, I suggest using E-recon, maybe we are able to see in there without cracking the door now. Might be a trap." >>


Triggering her Comm finally, << ["..hmmm.. I think I might be able to open it. But I will need to disable its security systems first... as it is obviously a high security door. That will take time... but not nearly as long as cutting through it would take. Its far too massive for my to just rip it free with telekinetic force... at least by me; without dangerously overtaxing myself. Unless of course you can infiltrate it security systems and by-pass any counter intrusion measures in place?"] >>

Sonni looks around the foyer they find themselves in looking to see if there are any clues to the doors operation or other evidence that might be important.

Perception Check = Mind + 1{Heightened Awareness}; 2d6 + 5 + 1 → [5,4,5,1] = (15)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1328959
* Mods = Mind {+5}, Heightened Awareness {+1}

After looking around Sonni approaches the door, letting the Assault Railgun hang on it's sling... she places her hands upon its surface and closes her eyes... concentrating.

Environmental Influence: Electricity [Deplete -3], Area {3 Base} = Lvl 1, 1 Environment - Electricity; +Area/2 '5' [100m r] <+2>, Range/2 [100m] <+2> {3pts}

{Control electricity... finding and identifying the power lines as opposed to the control lines feeding the door mechanisms for the motor and the motor control processors. Looking to identify the control mechanisms that have nothing to do with actually opening the door. Once those are all located she with one by one begin blocking power or signals to those discrete Control and Security systems so... all that is left is the actual power lines that actuate the door motors and servos to open or close the door. Yes, that will also mean the pumps for pressurizing the door as well.. and their control systems and security control circuitry. This will take time...}
Total Cost: 1EP/min {environmental influence} / Current Energy: 29

[ P80; +1XP ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 55

<< ["...actually, I pulled you onto the deck first, but I... slammed your head against the rim of the door in my eagerness and lost grip of you at the door. It must have knocked you out cold but, I left you there because you at least were on the deck. That's why you were closest to the elevator door. I didn't realize how.. powerful the elevators ejection rockets would be... sorry you were burned. I will always keep YOU safe ...char-lee..."] >>

Charlie tried to think of an answer, but none was forthcoming, he was more than happy to have been saved from probable death. A few blisters, if that, and a knock to the head wern`t anything to bad considering the alternative. Charlie might have been cooked other wise, but the armor more than protected his back dissipating most of the heat, and the knock to the head was almost mitigated by the helmet, ironically enough made by this same Heavy Industries. No, Sonni had out right saved his life and more than likely others lives too. Still, many suspected more than a formal working relationship had developed between the two, some flat out accused. Her kind words thus far hadn`t really helped anything, her declaration less so. Sometimes Charlie even suspected that they were silently observing them two together to see what was happening and to get information on the Loroi. Charlie couldn`t really afford to waste any brain power on that topic at the moment, so he put it far from his mind.

She bumped her helmet to his, a sure sign of quiet coms, so he offed his coms unit temporarily.
"...you have my permission to touch me anytime you desire to... Char-lee..."
His mind set to the task of decoding those words.
Loroi don`t often speak, there words are often literal, they consider lying, half truths, and any other deception to be horrific. Then she may mean it in a literal sense, in example a Fireman`s carry, perhaps even something a kin to the hand holding at previous lunches. Unlikely, Sonni is strangely very well versed in Human customs, even before speaking with her regularly then which it was even more apparent, probably a result of that "Captain". Which brings up the question, why say it and why say it privately. Well, from a Human perspective there would be only one reason to say a in such a manner and given their relationship it would not be unreasonable to think that "permission" "touch" be associated with...
Charlie felt his face spontaneously combust, it quickly rose to a temperature hot enough to melt lead. There was a soft girlish laugh accompanying his now flaming red cheeks, although a nice laugh inof itself it served to confirm that his thoughts had been no doubt correct. Which was worse, far be it for Charlie to have not thought of such things, no he had carefully considered them. Charlie thought of several engineering spaces which did not have any security cams or sensors, a dead zone in the security net. After this, he would take her there and he asked about such things. But in the mean time, Charlie put it as far as he human could from his mind. Else his ability to do anything at all would be compromised.

"You belong to my heart Char-lee.. and I to yours. I would lay waste to worlds for your sake if need be! But I'll be more careful.. I promise."
"Thanks, you mean a lot to me, I don`t want that taken away. we can talk about everything later, but for now maybe we should do what we came here to do I think."
She patted the side of his helmet, he could almost feel the softness and affection through the composite armor.

<< " I think explosives are out too, anything strong enough to get the job done would do severe damage to everything, also if they don`t already know we are here they would then. The cutter is on the shuttle, but it wouldn`t help much. It`s not just the door, the walls are also reinforced." >>

<< "..hmmm.. I think I might be able to open it. But I will need to disable its security systems first... as it is obviously a high security door. That will take time... but not nearly as long as cutting through it would take. Its far too massive for my to just rip it free with telekinetic force... at least by me; without dangerously overtaxing myself. Unless of course you can infiltrate it security systems and by-pass any counter intrusion measures in place?" >>

The door had no real damage was apparent. Charlie looked to the cables running everywhere, while he couldn`t divine their purpose they appeared to be active, they looked to be glowing or pulsing. He then studied the remains more closely, among the remnants of people were what was left of weapons. The weapons were as shredded as the people, nothing serviceable was left. On what was left on the rifle parts was a thick viscous substance, dark, very dark, almost black. Charlie didn`t know what it was but it was bad, he could feel that much. He didn`t want to touch any of it, in case it was acid or worse. He couldn`t smell anything in his helmet but he could tell it probably smelt worse that what remained of the Humans here.

<< "That doesn`t look to good, I don`t really have anything safe to store it in." >>
Charlie switched to the command channel.
<< "Sir, once we have secured the deck, I would like to check the med bay among other things, for survivors and for something to store this stuff." >>
Charlie pointed to the black tar.
<< "I don`t know what it is, but the Good Doctor may be able to tell us." >>

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:11 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
<< "..hmmm.. I think I might be able to open it. But I will need to disable its security systems first... as it is obviously a high security door. That will take time... but not nearly as long as cutting through it would take. Its far too massive for my to just rip it free with telekinetic force... at least by me; without dangerously overtaxing myself. Unless of course you can infiltrate it security systems and by-pass any counter intrusion measures in place?" >>

[Hmm] Hadrid stepped back and looked at walls around the door. There is a simple console on the right side. Simple numeric keypad with space for a card. No screws or inlets.

[Simple electronic lock, some may say hackingproof device.] Hadrid turned his head toward his team.

[So what do we do Sir?] Corporal Antonia Fiore spoken

Hadrid knelt striping off his backpack. [For every problem there is a solution ms.Fiore.]

Opening his backpack he grabbed and pulled out small one-hand hammer.

[I don't think...] Her voice was cut off by sound of smashed keyboard and plastic elements hitting the floor.

Physical strength roll: 2d6 + 5 + 2(from armor) = 9 + 5 + 2 = 16
Spoiler: show
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4271923/


Hadrid easily breached panel's housing, pulling integrated circuit out his teammates could see small board with many cables fixed to it.

Putting the hammer back to is backpack Hadrid looked at puzzled Fiore [What?]

Grabbing panel Hadrid looked at it. INSPECTION ROLL 2d6 + 5 + 5(Electronics) = 15 SUCCESS

Spoiler: show
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4271932/


[This one goes there, this one there ok I got it.] He murmured under his nose.

[Sergeant, get ready, when doors Flashbang and clear room.]

Ripping proper cables from the circuit Hadrid was ready to make short circuit which was supposed to open locked doors.


POST 53


Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:56 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 771
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: Yeah, finally a working connection, again! :lol: Time to go on. Here is some music for you: Link]

In the Moment, the Commander wanted to short circuit the controls for the door, the light on the ceiling in the floor suddenly went off. From one moment to another, all that could be seen were some dim lights on the controls and the indicators on the walls. For a brief moment, it became dead silent, but then the indicator on the disembowelled console turned green and with an eerie noise, the door opened swiftly and some kind of mist poured out.

A part of the command center could be seen: the light was darker and more yellow-ish than usual. It revealed A lot of wires, cables and additional unknown machinery that seemed to have been randomly stuffed inside the room. Those machines made strange and uncommon noises. Much louder and shrieking than anything a human or loroi would find comfortable. Almost the entire room, up to the hight of the knees was filled with some kind of mist and the humidity of the air was much higher in there.

In the middle of the room, right were the commanders position would be, stood a massive structure and most cables lead to this machine. Various lights and a few screens showed that this thing was active. Very active to be precise.

[Sir, your orders?] Fiore asked.

Having said that, some kind of box shaped attachment popped up from the machine and from it, a line of light ran across the corridor, through the door, and ozone could suddenly smelled in the air. Fiore aimed at that thing, as suddenly a strange voice could be heard, coming from nearly everywhere through the stations loudspeakers, and was speaking in a weird mixture of trade and english[*]:

[[Forces of the hierarchy] who have conquered this installation/station from the [degenerated] witches are finding it necessary to engage in communication with [the enemy] that has come aboard. For this [the Forces of the hierarchy] have disabled communication with your ship, lurking not far away.]

After a brief pause, the voice added:

[That which speaks to you [exists as] TikTikKi-Hat87-HakTik. Who of [the enemy] is the designated "Grant" of your [unit/squad]?]

The voice sounded very strange: while the trade seemed to have clearly been synthesized, the english seemed to have been cut out from various conversations with many different persons, in various moods. "Behind" that voice, a staccato of clicks and ticks could be heard. Obviously the real voice of whoever was speaking to them.

Corp. Fiore turned her head to Cmdr. Ferrox, her skin a tone paler than usual and said:

[What in Hell is that?]

* =[OOC:everything in additional [] is in trade]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 pm
Posts: 709
Location: Central Florida
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
24

Malidasaria steps forward.

"I am. What business have ye shells here."

_________________
Hoenn


Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:30 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1068
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
The control center doors slide open and Sonnidezi ends her electrokinetic action... grateful for the electronic infiltration skills of Commander Ferox.

Sonni steps into the room recognizing the crude patch work alterations of the Umiak. Silently she mentally directs her squad to take up positions at the edges of the open security door facing the elevator shaft to cover the rear flank from any hostiles.

At the first sound of the... all too familiar 'klicking' sounds of Umiak speech Sonnidezzi reacts on pure reflex spinning to aim her TCU Assault Rail Rifle along with Yellow Sun {albeit a slight bit slower} bearing her Blaster Rifle toward not the sound of the crudely translated trade-speak... but the characteristic kicking of Umiak speach - weapons aimed and fingers on triggers to fire...

Sonni only nervously relaxing on the realization it was only a speaker...

She remains pointedly silent as the Mizol speaks up.. Sonni's version of negotiation with the shells was more traditional loroi - blaster fire...

[ P81 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:12 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 771
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
As Sonni and her squad entered the control center, they were immediately scanned by further of these "attachments". However, no actual Umiak could be seen.
Then, the voice replied to Malidasarias answer:

[[Delighted/surprised] we are to finally meet the ones behind this [charade]. We [knew/deduced] from the beginning that those crude artifices are a work of the [blue vixens] and their [followers]. We do understand that you are [desperate/in fear] of us [and this situation], because you are losing this war. But we did not [expect] that move before we found your [pathetic] tools, spying in our [space/area] and their secret [base/deployment zone]. But there is no need for violence here at this time, as we already have secured what the [blue witches] wanted to [save/retrieve] from their primitive base.]


Meanwhile aboard Cydonia:

[Sir... we have lost the com link to the boarding party.] Ensign Cho reported to the Captain in her shy and slightly afraid voice. Blake was sitting in his chair and holding his usual cup of tea, after taking a long sip from it.

[Thats not unexpected. Parat Twilightsaber, maybe you can contact them in your... "Loroi ways"?] he replied and raised an eyebrow.

After a brief moment, she answered him [Captain, whatever it is, that is blocking our " Loroi ways" of communication, it is gone. At least here on the ship. However, we are to far away for contacting them on this way.]

[Thats unfortunate... Cho, try to get a connection again. In case that is not working: helm, set the fastest course to that station. We will not abandon them there and we need the fuel to get home.]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[quote="Suederwind"]Corp. Fiore turned her head to Cmdr. Ferox, her skin a tone paler than usual and said:

[What in Hell is that?]

[Some kind communicator.]

Hadrid approached the device, slowly inspecting strange machine.

INSPECTION ROLL 2d6 + 5 + 5(Electronics) = 18

Spoiler: show
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4300908/


Observation notes:

From afar that thing looks like a cylinder with various attachments in different shapes. Various blinking lights and what appears to be some smaller displays indicate a huge amount of activity going on in that thing. Most of the thick cables run in (or out?) of that thing and it seems to be connected to the stations internal systems.

[[Delighted/surprised] we are to finally meet the ones behind this [charade]. We [knew/deduced] from the beginning that those crude artifices are a work of the [blue vixens] and their [followers]. We do understand that you are [desperate/in fear] of us [and this situation], because you are losing this war. But we did not [expect] that move before we found your [pathetic] tools, spying in our [space/area] and their secret [base/deployment zone]. But there is no need for violence here at this time, as we already have secured what the [blue witches] wanted to [save/retrieve] from their primitive base.]

Stepping closer, Hadrid notices that this "thing" looks as crude welded together as the other "improvements" he has noticed earlier on this deck. However, there is no clue to what it might be connected and there is no remains of the console for the stations commander that should be there.

Detecting movement smaller attachment immediately starts scanning him.

[Sir... that looks like something a lot bigger than a communicator... and it seems to doesn't like you getting closer...] Fiore responded.

[It won't like many things ahead.] Hadrid snapped back. Turning back to strange device and pocking it with his hand. [You there, can you hear me?]

POST 54


Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 56

Charlie readied a flashbang, at the Commanders orders. He watched as the Commander tore the cables from their housing. It was odd that their was no alarm triggered by that act, it was a nother sign that the door already already been breached. The Command must have succeeded, the lights flickered ominously, then were gone, replaced by much dimmer lights. The door opened and gas or mist pored forth.
{Gas? We are sealed against Gas attacks.}
The interior was wrecked, much of it was replaced by some as of yet undetermined machines, maybe communications, maybe cracking systems, hard to say. In the conffusion Charlie hadn`t throw the flashbang, yet, lucky there wasn`t anything to stun. The pilot spoke, but was interrupted by some-kind of computer generated voice. It spoke in broken Trade and English. The Trade sounded somewhat more uniform, but the English sounded as if it had been recorded by many people speaking at the same time, all of them different. Charlie didn`t like what ever it was that had made that compiled speech. It didn`t sound malevolent, but he could feel it in his bones, that was the enemy. They had confirmed as much, they had disabled, somehow, com lines with they Cydonia.

Charlie had scanned the entire room, with both sensors and Mk.1 Eye Balls, but nothing was amiss any more than a enemy occupied command center. No guards or body traps of any kind were readily apparent. All the machine voice did, was put one on edge.
One of the Loroi spoke to the disembodied voice, her name was Malidasaria.

The thing spoke again, there still wasn`t anything in the general area that posed a risk, yet Charlie hated it talking. It raised so many more questions that it answered. Secret bases, spies, and other nonsensical statements.

The Commander correctly guess the function of the biggest machine in the room, some-kind of communications. He moved closer to it and it activated something, a scanner maybe, it was diffently not something to be messed with. The Commander continued the advance on the strange machine, and renewed the attacked with his finger. Charlie raised his rifle in anticipation of hostility from the device.

<< "Watch yourself, sir. It could be booby-trapped or armed with some-kind of defensive weapons." >>

Charlie was ready to turn the thing into scrap at the first sign of anything unseemly.

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:19 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 771
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: No, I have not been eaten by Spambots, fear not. Just took me a bit longer than expected to come back and write an new (small) post.]

[You there, can you hear me?]

As the attachments had finished scanning him, they turned their attention back on Malidasaria, but after a brief moment, the Commander got his answer:

[Why does it think that the [Forces of the hierarchy] should answer a pathetic [menial/thrall] if we can talk with its masters?]

And then, after another moment and starting to scan Malidasaria again, it added:

[The lies of your playthings are [underwhelming/disappointing]. We would have expected better from your kind and you should at least show them their place and were a mere tool belongs. Tell us what you want with what we have [captured/occupied] here and don't try to fool us. Your plans are clear to us. We have time to have a [discussion/conversation] about this topic.]

Meanwhile, Crp. Fiore whispered to the Commander:
[Menial? Sir, that "thing" is rather rude... I wonder what it is talking about. We are not servants of the Loroi, shouldn't that thing know that?]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1068
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonnidezzi grimaces within her helmet turning slightly to hide her sour expression... grateful for the empathic static making reading her emotions by her fellow Loroi more difficult.

Sonni was not pleased at the deviousness of the Mizol. With but a few words she has falsely inferred to the Umiak that humanity and the Loroi were one race... in effect FORCING humaniti's hand to ally publicly with the Loroi Union in front of the Umiak solidifying their false assumption that humaniti and the Loroi were the same race. Strategically... it was a masterful stroke of political manipulation... morally it was unfair to humaniti as a whole to drag them willing or not into the war. Regardless of what the human commander said... the Umiak would never accept that humanity was its own unique race... convenient for the Loroi ... but her conscience bothered her... for many reasons.

Sonni believed that indeed humanity and the Loroi were in some distant fashion related... the Loroi had much more in common with Humaniti than it did with the implacable enemy. She also believed that the Loroi were a much superior ally and better for mankind than the self-destructive all-consuming Umiak, but she had wanted to prove that with fact and common goals.. for it was truth... rather than a twist of political pressure in a tense "first contact" moment like this! It... 'cheapened' the truth of her belief in the Loroi and Humaniti compatibility. Such measures she was certain were not necessary!

But this was CLEARLY not her place to say... the Mizol's word and authority in this case was without question...!

Distastefully misleading and opportunistic as her tactics were.

[ P82 ]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[Menial? Sir, that "thing" is rather rude... I wonder what it is talking about. We are not servants of the Loroi, shouldn't that thing know that?]

[Fool doesn't know who the fuck he his messing with.]

Grabbing violently attachment Hadrid made it look at him.

[Now you listen to me, you space garbage.] Holding attachment's arm by one hand and removing his helmet with another. [I am Hadrid Ferox, Commander of human race fleet. Your presents in this system is a violation of our race's interstellar borders. AND your hostile actions from now on are open act of war. Human high council will know how to respond accordingly.]

Ending his speech Hadrid put his helmet back on and with force squeezed arm of umiak scanner.

Physical strength roll: 2d6 + 5 + 2(from armor) = 8+ 5 +2 = 15
Spoiler: show
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4314105/


With sound of squeezed and twisted material Hadrid literally ripped attachment from the machine. With few sparks shooting from it's mount.

[That concludes negotiations...] Corporal Antonia Fiore spoken.

[alright change of plans.]

[Awaiting your orders.]

[Let's find them and kill them.]

POST 55


Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Somewhere in Middle Lane
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Post number: 57

Charlie didn`t like the the machine voice, he liked it less so after it called Humanity a bunch of pathetic slaves. Fact was, he hated the Umiak for what they had done here, they deserved to die. Small incidents likes this were often enough to trigger hostilities, let alone the fact that they butchered and beheaded most of the stations inhabitants, Charlie couldn`t forgive them. Charlie doubted that anyone could forgive them after something like this. So maybe, maybe it was better to throw their lot in with the Loroi. They looked almost Human, as far as anyone knew they haven`t killed any Humans. In the end, while annoying, to Charlie to be lumped in with the same group as Loroi wasn`t too bad, yet, he would correct their flawed view of slaves and playthings.

Charlie found it odd, though, none of the Loroi corrected the bug. Only the Commanded had tried, unsuccessfully, to rectify the false statements. Did the see Humans that way? A grim thought from their new allies. Charlie always knew that there would be an alliance, it just seemed right, but this proved it. The bugs had brought this on them selves, and Charlie didn`t believe that an accord could be reached between Humans and bugs now. That left one power to form a lasting alliance with. Not the worst of outcomes, but Humanity will defiantly be embroiled in conflict now.

At least the Command spoke for the feelings of all the Humans present, nobody wanted anything less than blood.

<< "I concur Commander, we'll kill them all." >>

_________________
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus


Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 pm
Posts: 709
Location: Central Florida
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
25

Suederwind wrote:
[Why does it think that the [Forces of the hierarchy] should answer a pathetic [menial/thrall] if we can talk with its masters?]


"Humaniti is not under the control of the Loroi Union. Therefore, you will answer all questions posed by their commander as well."

Suederwind wrote:
[The lies of your playthings are [underwhelming/disappointing]. We would have expected better from your kind and you should at least show them their place and were a mere tool belongs. Tell us what you want with what we have [captured/occupied] here and don't try to fool us. Your plans are clear to us. We have time to have a [discussion/conversation] about this topic.]


At this statement, Malidasaria starts to twitch, and the other loroi can feel her seething with psionic rage.

"You should fucking know better than to try and get the glorious Loroi Empire to negotiate with a piece-of-shit bug like yourself!"

_________________
Hoenn


Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:37 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 771
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Quote:
"Humaniti is not under the control of the Loroi Union. Therefore, you will answer all questions posed by their commander as well."


After a brief moment, the Umiak voice answered here:

[Please we are to finally receive an [answer/reply] of the enemy. If you want that your [playthings/puppets] speak for themselves, be it so. [The Forces of the hierarchy] do not understand why [the enemy] choose to do so, as the evidences are clear. Do they posses some kind of sentimental value to your kind?]

Quote:
"You should fucking know better than to try and get the glorious Loroi Empire to negotiate with a piece-of-shit bug like yourself!"


It took the voice a while to answer, and at first only strange noises could be heard coming from the speakers:

[CHT-CHT-CHT-CHT-CHT-CHT-CHT-CHT-CHT]

It took a moment to understand that this was the Umial equivalent of laughter. Then, the voice replied:

[The situation seems not clear to [the enemy]. We therefore gratefully share information with [the blue witches and their puppets] to make them better understand their situation. [The Forces of the hierarchy] in this system are not short on time, we can wait and discuss. The ship of your [creations/tools] is not far away. Our vessel might be crippled, but we could easily disable or destroy it. But doing so would give us no [Gratification/Benefit] and both of us would be stuck here. We therefore suggest [prevention of] unnecessary bloodshed.]

After a short pause, the voice added:

[[The Forces of the hierarchy] on this station can not have you get the [strange object you came for]. We therefore demand you to handover the vessel of your puppets, in exchange we offer [the enemy forces] and their [puppets] the chance to live the rest of their natural life in peace on a planet of their choice. Take your time to answer, we have time, we can wait.]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Hadrid listened to last part of Umiak speech.

[Sooner I will scuttle the station than I will give you my ship.]

Turning to his men [Let's move out.] Picking up from his pocket detonator Hadrid thrown it in to Charlie's hands.

[Sergeant, use my RC car and blow this big fucking thing with it.] he pointed the largest Umiak computer in the middle.

Post 56


Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:06 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.