RP

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Hālian

Re: RP

Post by Hālian »

Contemplating playing a Terraphile flunkie Loroi, ie a Nelodez 2.0 ;)
Don't delay, join today!

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

Hey, just popping in to ask, if there would be room for a Human security trooper, not actually an officer, but a regular marine type crewman in this game.

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

CJ Miller wrote:Contemplating playing a Terraphile flunkie Loroi, ie a Nelodez 2.0 ;)
:lol: You are welcome.
Dragoon wrote:Hey, just popping in to ask, if there would be room for a Human security trooper, not actually an officer, but a regular marine type crewman in this game.
I think yes. Because there is need of muscle, when $*** hits the fan.
Supporter of forum RPG

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

excellent..... I can see some fun here... I imagine knowing human men are bigger, and combatants and actually coming face to face with a male combat marine should be an interesting situation :D

VonWolffe

Post by VonWolffe »

I just wanted to say to Seuderwind that I appreciate him answering all my questions to my satisfaction, I appreciate that he has put a lot of thought into this scenario which will benefit the game immensely. I see now that the given scenario is perhaps the natural result from Alexander's contact with the Loroi in the comic, short of the appearance of the Umiak. I suppose if the Loroi wanted to mount a surprise attack on the Umiak flank the Human worlds would make an excellent staging point. You really turned me around on this one, good work. :)

I see that Humanity have no spaceworthy fighters on the boards, which is a shame as I have a massive crush on Talon and would welcome the opportunity to fight alongside the Loroi fighter pilots. I would like to take the role of helmsman in any case, I'll see if I can make this destroyer dance.

And thanks again to sunphoenix for supplying the BESM rules. Seems this RP has Arioch's blessing. :D

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

@CJ Miller:
Contemplating playing a Terraphile flunkie Loroi, ie a Nelodez 2.0
That sounds interessting. Tell me more... ;)

@Dragoon:
Hey, just popping in to ask, if there would be room for a Human security trooper, not actually an officer, but a regular marine type crewman in this game.
But of course! Just send me send me your character, his background and his motto/motivation. I might choose to make the Head of Security on Cydonia a NPC. I hope thats ok?

@VonWolffe:
I just wanted to say to Seuderwind that I appreciate him answering all my questions to my satisfaction, I appreciate that he has put a lot of thought into this scenario which will benefit the game immensely. I see now that the given scenario is perhaps the natural result from Alexander's contact with the Loroi in the comic, short of the appearance of the Umiak. I suppose if the Loroi wanted to mount a surprise attack on the Umiak flank the Human worlds would make an excellent staging point. You really turned me around on this one, good work.
Thanks! Good to have you on board! :D
The scenario is indeed a conclusion of some of the thoughts I had on what might happens after Alex´s mission.
I see that Humanity have no spaceworthy fighters on the boards, which is a shame as I have a massive crush on Talon and would welcome the opportunity to fight alongside the Loroi fighter pilots.
As someone who has played the Wing Commander series and watched Space: above and beyond as a kid, I can feel your pain. But I really want to keep this Game very close to the comic.
Seems this RP has Arioch's blessing.
I try not to mess up things, then. ;)
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

VonWolffe wrote:I just wanted to say to Seuderwind that I appreciate him answering all my questions to my satisfaction, I appreciate that he has put a lot of thought into this scenario which will benefit the game immensely. I see now that the given scenario is perhaps the natural result from Alexander's contact with the Loroi in the comic, short of the appearance of the Umiak. I suppose if the Loroi wanted to mount a surprise attack on the Umiak flank the Human worlds would make an excellent staging point. You really turned me around on this one, good work. :)

I see that Humanity have no spaceworthy fighters on the boards, which is a shame as I have a massive crush on Talon and would welcome the opportunity to fight alongside the Loroi fighter pilots. I would like to take the role of helmsman in any case, I'll see if I can make this destroyer dance.

And thanks again to sunphoenix for supplying the BESM rules. Seems this RP has Arioch's blessing. :D
So two helmsmen? :) Kamielle was designed for that position And I agree.. I wanted to play a fighter pilot as well...
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

VonWolffe

Post by VonWolffe »

Don't worry about it sunphoenix, I wouldn't want to step on any toes so I will pick a different slot. I was on the fence between helmsman and 2IC anyway. Provided the position is available that is.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Now don't sweat it.. I'm almost ready to post my Loroi Teidar Sonnidezi 'Stormrage'... I'm planning on leaving it up to the players and the Storyguide [Suederwind] to decide which I play.. I'm good with either one.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

I'm good with either one.
Good to know. :) At the moment we are a little low on Loroi characters, I think.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Yiuel

Post by Yiuel »

If it is not too late, I may join in as a Loroi. :)
la nɔtʀʏltsɪmœ ʀɛv, dɛ ʒã puʀ la pʀɔtɛʒe
nu vœnõ dõkœ dœ tupaʀtu, puʀ ɛtʀœ sa ɡʀãdaʀme
dœ la site pʀɔtɛktœʀ, dœ sœ ʀɛvœ defãsœʀ
ynjõ dœ la fɔʀsœ dœ tus, nu vwasijalɔʀ lɛzɔʀiɔnɪt

- The Chant of A Certain Army

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

I'm thinking of loroi medical scientist, Paiadi of Doranzel Mazil, who has weak telekinesis power with range of couple of inches from her fingertips. She uses it mostly picking and preparing medical samples.
Supporter of forum RPG

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Hi Yiuel!
If it is not too late, I may join in as a Loroi.
Welcome and: no problem!
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

It's been ages since I've seen anything on this... If there's a spot open, I wouldn't mind pulling in my own Loroi... Nelopaio, from one of the older RP efforts. Could easily be either Torrai or Teidar, with some minor changes to her backstory.

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Lt Cmdr Hadrid Ferox First officer

"Well, turns out that trying to create something much simpler is, ironically, much more difficult. In the end we are always forced to compromise."

Bibliography
Hadrid was born in 14/12/2136 along with his twin sister Samantha(he is older by 20 minutes) in a small town 'Faragat' on Aldea. From birth he was raised in an atmosphere of equality and respect. His father firstly flag officer and later captain of ECS-102 Pellew, despite the obligations tried to spend with his children all his spare time. Hadrid grew normally and quickly became an independent taking over some household chores and the constant care of his sister.
In 2154 he graduated from the prestigious secondary technical school, showing great skill and promising prepositions. His plans were temporarily halted by mandatory military service, where he spent single year in Marines corps. After the return, seeing no future in a small town he submitted ​​the papers on SMTA(Space military-technical academy). Shortly after recruitment he got on the list of first 10 best cadets.
During those years Hadrid showed high physical and mental efficiencies, passing the stages without much toil. Thanks to an helpful and good nature, he earned the respect and friendship of both his peers and leading staff. In 2157 he finished his first degree in "Spaceship's mechanical and electromechanical systems" and was promoted to 2Lt Cmdr with recommendation to continue studying at "Tactical Analysis and Bridge operation" additional faculty which he made in 2158.
After the graduation, Hadrid quickly found him self aboard ECS-096 Cydonia, firstly as a second engineer only to be promoted to Flag officer with rank of Lieutenant Commander in 2160.

Important dates
SpoilerShow
Hadrid is born - 2136
Finished secondary school - 2154
Finished Marines corps training - 2155
Finished STM academy with first degree - 2157
Finished STM academy with second degree - 2158
Joins a crew of ECS-096 Cydonia as second engineer - 2158
Promotion to Flag officer - 2160
MIA status of "ECS-102 Pellew" during "Naam incident" - 2160
Face
SpoilerShow
Basic info
SpoilerShow
Name: Hadrid Ferox
Name meaning, for loroi: ( Wild stone spirit)
Role: First officer
Rate: Human* Aldean
Appearance: Tall,athletic
HT: 182cm
WT: 74kg
Hair: Brown Faux hawk
Eyes: Blue
Alignment: LawfulGood
Personality: Friendly and open minded Likes to speak his mind
Hobby: books reading, table war games, manufacture in metal
Religion; Atheist
Politics: Liberal
Flaws: easy to offend (But he quickly forgets mover on.)
Shipboard Feedback
SpoilerShow
Hadrid Ferox service aboard Cydonia as second engineer made him work on every major and less important problems. His friendly attitude and great knowledge made him popular companion for conversations and off duty activities. Since 2160 and promotion to first officer Hadrid become one of most reliable officers at ship's hold. He practices 'open door' policy for all crew members vastly used since first announcement.

"Respectful family background, good schools and good grades. A career that ascended smoothly, and plateaued at flag officer. He's like an old cargo freighter - sure, steady, reliable..." - Cpt. J.Blake, Quarterly staff report(QSR)
Stats (318pt)
SpoilerShow
Body: 5, Mind: 5, Soul: 5 {150pts}
Health Points = 50
Shock Value = 10
Energy Points = 50
Attack Combat Value = 5+1; Defense Combat Value = 5+1; Damage Multiplier = 5 x {Weapon Attack Level} + ACV
- ACV: Unarmed [6+1], Pistols [8+1], Rifles [9+1]
- DCV: Unarmed [6+1], Ranged-Personal [8+1]
Movement {per round} / m {kph}:
* Walk {Body - m/turn} = 5m {Indefinite}; Jog {Body x 1.5m/turn} = 7.5m {long}; Run {Body x 2m/turn} = 10m {moderate}; Sprint {Body x3m/turn} = 15m {short}
* Jump = 2m LT x 1m HT/Back {standing}; 3.75m LT [Body check TN12] {run}
* Swim/Crawl = 1m {long}; Swim/Crawl = 2m {short}

Race: Human {10pts}
{Human-Base} {Lotai 'Untouchable'} Block Power [Source-Psionic: Telepathy, Sixth Sense, Super-senses] = Lvl 5 {10pts}

Organizational Ties: TCU Military - {Navy} Lieutenant Commander - OF-3 = Lvl 4 {8pts}
Skill: Piloting [Spacecraft] = Lvl 2 {4pts}
Skill: Military Sciences [Tactics] = Lvl 5 {10pts}
Skill: Mechanic [Spaceship] = Lvl 5 {10pts}
Skill: Electronics [Spaceship] = Lvl 5 {10pts}
Skill: Repairs and maintenance [Spaceship] = Lvl 5 {10pts}
Skill: Navigation [Space] = Lvl 2 {4pts}

Other Attributes: {102pts}
Melee Attack [Unarmed] = Lvl 2 {6pts} Krav maga
Combat Techniques = Brutal = Lvl 2 {6pts}
Melee Defense [Unarmed] = Lvl 2 {6pts} Krav maga
Ranged Attack [Pistols] = Lvl 2 {6pts}
Ranged Attack [Rife] = Lvl 3 {9pts}
Ranged Defense [Personal] = Lvl 2 {6pts}
Attack Combat Mastery {+1 All combat attack rolls - +1ACV per level} = Lvl 1 {10pts}
Defensive Combat Mastery {+1 All combat defensive rolls - +1DCV per level} = Lvl 1 {10pts}
Extra Actions {additional combat actions in one combat turn +1/level} = Lvl 1 {15pts}
Extra Defenses {additional defensive rolls in one combat turn +1/level} = Lvl 1 {5pts}
Skill: Craftsmen [Metal working] = Lvl 3 {3pt}
Skill: Electronics [Communications, Sensors] = Lvl 2 {4pt}
Skill: Languages [Trade, English-Native,] = Lvl 2 {2pts}
Skill: Physical Sciences ['Aerospace' Engineering] = Lvl 5 {5pt}
Skill: Computers = Lvl 3 {6pt}
Skill: Demolitions = Lvl 3 {3pt}
Equipment, only personal one, standard insures not added
SpoilerShow
1. Handgun:
.357 Magnum revolver. The weapon uses a side break action rather than conventional swing-out cylinder for reloading which makes reload faster. Hadrid holds this gun in his locker in his cabin rather that in armory. = Item, Lvl 4 Weapon, <8 pts>
Lvl 1 Range, 50m, effective 25m, <1 pts>, Lmtd Shots - 7rounds [-0];
Addons:
Amber laser sight = Item, Accurate 2 'Weapon Variable' <2pts>, Detectable-Sight [-1]; Total Cost: {'0' 1pt}
Amber Trijicon sights = Item, Accurate 1 'Weapon Variable' <1pts>, ; Total Cost: {'0' 1pt}
Accessories:
Modular holster(can be fixed at modular systems or used as traditional under arm holster)
5x Fast reloaders

2. Several discs with books, music, films personal photos etc.
Last edited by Beliskner on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Its BESM... 320 points as per Suederwind's post...
Suederwind wrote:@sunphoenix:
Hm... I´m a bit slow today, or so it seems. :lol:
I realized that to make an effective 'soldier' with only 225 points - ALL he can do is fight or shoot! There are no points to spare for a actual 'person', that's not really enough points to make a rounded character. Most players will spend at least 170 to 190pts on stats alone!
Thats a valid point. I did not generate an NPC/PC yet to try BESM out, so that info is important. A character that can only shoot and nothing else can be fun to play, but I think it would not fit here.
{Creating a character in TDE seems a bit more complicated, if you play for example a mage, your character will most likely be only good in doing a few low lvl spells (like a flimm flamm funkel = creates a sphere of light next to your spot) that are most likely useless, he can read and write and thats about it. Its fun to play such a character, but he would be in no way useful in dangerous situations. I think they wouldn´t send up mechanics that can only fix your toilet to a spaceship.}

You used 319 Points on your character (334 stats -15 defects), so lets raise that points up to 320 for everyone?
On the other hand: do you think that this amount of points would work for Loroi characters as well?

I will send you some more thoughts about your character via PM.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

So what are basic templates and costs for humans and loroi?

Humans
- Common skills from trail of education and work.
- Lotai (untouchable by telepathy)

Loroi
- Common skills from schooling and working with caste.
- Telepathy.
Supporter of forum RPG

VonWolffe

Post by VonWolffe »

I should also mention that I would be very surprised to find an Army officer serving as the first officer aboard a Naval vessel, especially one of such low rank. The equivalent of a 2Lt in Navy ranks (if we are using a British rank structure cause the American one is just bananas) would be Acting-Sub Lieutenant which implies that you do not yet have any trade training, let alone be trusted with a first officer posting. I would recommend for the First Officer's rank be either Lieutenant Commander (Lt Cmdr) or Commander (Cmdr), if only to keep me from laughing at the idea of a 2Lt telling anyone what to do.

Edit: After looking more closely I see that you did indeed indicate your Character's rank is Lieutenant Commander, I was thrown off by the writing of his title as 2Lt Cmdr. It would be written as simply Lt Cmdr, you worked hard to get rid of that 2Lt. Also, a 24 year old Lt Cmdr? Flag officer?

Also, since you beat me to the punch I'll be working on the Security Officer to team up with Dragoon. Seems I need to hurry up on this! :D
Last edited by VonWolffe on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

I'd use this for Humans...

Race: Human {10pts}
{Human-Base} {Lotai 'Untouchable'} Block Power [Source-Psionic: Telepathy, Sixth Sense, Super-senses] = Lvl 5 {10pts}

Edit: Opps..lol.. fixed it! :)
Last edited by sunphoenix on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

I'd use this for Humans...
Im fine with that one. I will make a new OOC thread for the Cydonia Rising RP soon, to sum up the infos, so they are easier to be found. It would be good if you could post your finished characters there.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]