[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Senanthes

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Post by Senanthes »

Separated from events on both sides, Nelopaio frowns a bit at the silence gretting her Sanzai, and resigns herself to being strapped to the gurney... The oxygen helps clear her head at least, and whatever injuries she sustained being blown clear of the Argent Fires bridge don't seem to be incapacitating... Taking to silence while the medic works, she finally glances at whoever seems to be directing the flow of events around her, "Have you made contact with the others yet? I heard their communique clearly, so they must be close..." she ventures, an officer concerned with the well-being of her crew.

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Some of the color returns to Paiad's face when she takes deep breaths of fresh air. She feels herself little better, stands up and collect some water from air purifier, but uses it to keep Copperspear cool and hibernating. Knowing that the human resque may delay, she looks around the shuttle to decide where the emergency operation could be done. The airlock would be best choice, as it easy to clean, but she could fit in only minimum equipments and medical crew in and when they start the operation, nobody could enter or exit the shuttle. She informs her thougths to Stormrage.
SpoilerShow
I can't believe that I forgot to make a resistance roll. :roll:
Body roll (2d6+5=10)
Ouch. She will have some serious flu, travelers' diarrhea or maybe all of them. But I think she still have some time before the full effect.

I'm out of town on this weekend, so I can't play much, but you can use my character.
Supporter of forum RPG

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

As Stromrage organizes her crewsisters into action and those of the Doranzer caste begin cannibalizing parts to create the Water Electrolysis collector. Stormrage assists Paiad in preparing the Airlock to become a make-shift operating room. Storm offers Paiad her abilities to telekinetically help perform any internal surgery upon Copperspear to minimize the need of major invasive surgery keeping any surgical wounds very small.

Stormrage grimaced again how she missed having her Teider sister Berairodai 'Crimson-Cloud' with her... her uniquely specialized Biokinesis 'Psychic Healing' abilities would be most useful now!

Easily feeling the shift of emotions from her crewsister Nelopaio with her powerful signature sensing Stormrage sanzais to her weakly but clearly, {"Fear not sister we have heard you... and the Mizol is working to secure your return to us. We are salvaging what water we can onboard to extend our air-supply now and Paiad is preparing the airlock to serve as a operating theatre for some of our more injured sisters. We must trust the Mizol..please.. be paitient. You will NOT be abandoned!"}
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

Nelopaio suddenly looks confused, a 'huh...?' expression crossing her features as she replies with her own, tinny Sanzai, "I'm hardly worried about abandonment... If anything, I'm reasonably secure, aliens or not... What seems to be the issue that requires further extension of your oxygen supply? This ship cannot have come from a long distance. There has to be a parent vessel close at hand... Have they not extended assistance to you as well? Is there some ceremony or request required?" Her utter confusion is palpable in the Sanzai... And only slightly less obvious to anyone else.

Yiuel

Post by Yiuel »

Softsapphire was getting nervous.

{Damn our loroi psyche. You sisters are all going crazy. No matter what happens, we CANNOT go back to Loroi territory by our own means. For all intent and purpuse, we are DEAD. We are in no position to negociate, and if it fails, we might have some speed, but we are doomed to die. They might be crude primitives, full of germs and whatnot, but they are at this time the most hospitable thing we can get our hands on. And, of the few things I have understood of the human we host back home, they might be primitive, but they are definitively not the violent kind. Either way, they already have one of us, so they will be able to study her and what she has if we do not cooperate. We are discovered.

Stormrage, you wish not to hand them our weapons? Fine, let us put these few weapons into a box or some other location their may designate and have a representative make sure they do not touch our stuff. We may not be able to know their intentions, we may as well look over their actions. One of us can still alert everyone if they do something, especially something foolish to piss me. I might as well do it, because I will be able to communicate with all of you as soon as they do one foolish thing. I also do not require anything in terms of treatment; I have been the luckiest of all, being relaxing in my quarters because I am most useless for travel or combat situations; I can do the guardian for the first round.}

All while she was getting angry for the sheer ridiculousness of the situation, she was still using her full knowledge. Using the sensor data she gathered when the human vessel arrived, she tried to back-track the vessel's path vector.

2d6 + Mind 8 + Physical Science 4 + Heightened Awareness 2 = 22
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3884470/
(OOC: I better have at least a clue of where they came from.)

{Also, by coming here, they blowed their own game. Not satisfied with my first option, which would make clear our peaceful intentions? Use this data, and follow the damn breadcrumbs they left (OOC:The path vector) coming here. I still prefer the first option. Diplomacy is all fun, but I have studied many a mind during my career. Do you think I was chosen just because I was ranking Historian? My speciality is the mind and how it works. And making them afraid of us as we are appearantly doing will just bring out a very bad response.}

2d6 + Mind 8 + Social Sciences (Psychology) 5 = 18
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3884489/
(OOC: Using all my experience and abilities to understand psychologies, I give a small account of what is just happening here.)

{But that is not my call. My call is to be the science girl here, making sure ignorance won't kill us all. Or at least, in this case, make our end stupid and foolish.}
la nɔtʀʏltsɪmœ ʀɛv, dɛ ʒã puʀ la pʀɔtɛʒe
nu vœnõ dõkœ dœ tupaʀtu, puʀ ɛtʀœ sa ɡʀãdaʀme
dœ la site pʀɔtɛktœʀ, dœ sœ ʀɛvœ defãsœʀ
ynjõ dœ la fɔʀsœ dœ tus, nu vwasijalɔʀ lɛzɔʀiɔnɪt

- The Chant of A Certain Army

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Sorry guys, I had to do something to get the story back on track, as that current situation is going nowhere. I hope you do not mind. I will expand that post back home and add some music, if you like. Music: Link Edit: done with bug fixing and removed the wip tag, enjoy! ]

For the Loroi side:
SpoilerShow
Twilightsaber was almost at the point where she was losing her patience, as the humans hasn't answered yet and the tensions aboard the shuttle grew higher. She had to do something, before the situation got out of controll, but in the moment she wanted to send another message, the com-unit went active again:

[(static)...f the Cydonia speaking. I repeat: This is the Captain of the Cydonia speaking. Union survivors, please state who you are and what you want here.]

The voice of this human "Captain" sounded deep and somehow old, but she could notice a certain fire in it and he was a male, too. That ambassador didn't lie to them. Many human fighters seam to be male, indeed.
{Thats going to be interessting...} she thought to herself. Time to sort some things out:

[This is Mizol Parat Twilightsaber, we are on a diplomatic mission on behalf of the Loroi Union to establish diplomatic contact to humaniti. I assume that you are the highest ranking humaniti representative in this system? If yes, I can assure you that we have no hostile intentions. However, as you might or might not have observed, our ship was destroyed as we tryed to prevent the enemy from reaching your space. I therefore recomend that we continue this discussion aboard your ship, as soon as possible. We also have news from the diplomatic vessel that had reached us.]
For the humans:
SpoilerShow
Captain Blake couldn't belive it at first. They were indeed Loroi and one of the scout ships made it to them? This was exiting news!

{But what happened to the crew of that scout? Is this a trick? ... Can't be...} he thought for a moment.

However, they had to be sure that there was nothing harmful on that shuttle and those personal weapons... He had to find a solution to this problem before he could let them aboard!

Captain Blake and Parat Twilightsaber discussed that mater for quite some time, but they were able to agree on some basic points in the end, before the Loroi would be allowed landing aboard Cydonia.

-Captain Blake acknowledged the status of Prarat Twilightsaber as diplomat.
-Two unarmed medics from Wolfpack Alpha will check if anything dangerous is on board the loroi shuttle and provid needed first aid, as well as some water and food.
-The rescued Loroi "Officer" will be medically examined by a loroi physician.
-The Loroi would will hand over their few personal weapons aboard Cydonia, where they would be locked in a guarded storage container. They will get it back, if the situation demands it or they leave Cydonia. Those weapons will not be analyzed by humans. Allowed to keep her personal weapon is Teidar Stormrage, as she was considered responsible for the security of the Loroi, she is however only allowed carrying it, accompanied by a marine guard.
-The Loroi would receive as much medical assistance on the Cydonia as needed.
-Furthermore would they be regarded as guests on Cydonia and not as prisoners.
-Other points should be talked about on board the Cydonia from eye to eye.

After this compromise was agreed on by both sides, the humans checked the loroi shuttle for any possible danger. They found no explosives or other dangerous things (except the personal weapons), provided some medical supplies, first aid, as well as food and water.
Mallas Nelopaio was examined carrefully by a loroi physician and considered fit for transport at an acceleration of about 5 G. After this, both shuttles together set a course to a rendezvous point with Cydonia, which left its hiding place for the first time in several months.

Meanwhile Chief Engineer Abramovic stood in engeneering, close to the main fusion reactor. He watched carefully, as the weak blue light emitted by the reactor shine brighter every second.
[Ah, its good to move again!]
he said in his typical loud voice, drinking a sip of coffee and looked up to the reactor controlls.
[Hey! don't pull that lever on the right! Its the left one!]
He shaked his head in disbelife, and went on with his work...

About an hour later, both shuttles reached the meeting point and it was the first time, the Loroi saw the proud human ship.
Lt. Cmdr. Ferox, Dr. Murasaki, a groupe of marines, medics, and engineers waited in the shuttlebay, dressed in their eva suits, for the shuttles to land. The marines had formed a defensive perimeter around landing site two, which should be used by the Loroi shuttle.

The gates of the shuttlebay opened slowly, showing the darkness of open space, a tiny bit of that gas giant and far away in the distance the glowing of thrusters could be seen. The shuttles had started to arrive...
Last edited by Suederwind on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Dressed in his EVA Suit Charlie was standing shoulder to should with the best the Human race had to offer. During the wait for the shuttles Charlie was alone with his thoughts in the near silence of the docking bay.

{Someone told me they look like us...} He thought silently.

The feeling of anxiousness is growing unbearable for Charlie.

{I have a job to do, but, I still wish they'd get here more quickly, at-least then for good or ill they'll be here.}

Even seeing both of the shuttles glowing exhaust could not dispel Charlies unease.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

"Keep you suits sealed, no one returns to the interior of the ship without a full scrub down and decontamination. "The manuals on contact with off world biological agents were still pretty thin, but the basics were simple enough." Keep you eyes, and ears open, and your mouths shut. One wrong word and this could get ugly fast."

Roland Motioned several marines out the door and the landing bay.Posting a pair at the shuttle hatch, and sending another two to near the Loroi Shuttle, weapons slung, and standing at attention as the provided as much as an Honor Guard as he could manage with the limited men available to the Lieutenant.
"[ Security detail posted and ready sir."] Roland radioed the lieutenant and took a position where he could watch his own men and the door To the Loroi Shuttle, and waited.
Last edited by Dragoon on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

[Sealed and tight, sir.]

Charlie recalled the rather tiny books on biological cross species contamination, most of them have to do with the Orgus.

Sergeant Roland sent Charlie and another man to the Lorai shuttle, in a mock Honor Guard positions.

Charlie was acutely aware of how small he was in the now bigger universe.

Yiuel

Post by Yiuel »

Softsapphire was enjoying her new sight. She had received from her colleage images of the broken ship back home, but this was the first sight of a human ship. Primitive, perhaps, but certainly not the most primitive she had encountered. She was even able to read the few marks on the ship.

{Twilightsaber, thank you for your negociations. I'll make sure to be the first to give out my weapons, just to prove my point. If I have failed all of you, sisters, and they turn out to be unfriendly, simply get rid of me. It would not have been the first time my own people would abandon me. And if you are worried of them getting me alive, have Stormrage here kill me on spot. She will be happy to oblige, I presume.}

Softsapphire than proceeds to gather as much information on the vessel as she can with her limited sensors.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

OOC: Opps {blush}! Sorry got Softsapphire's caste wrong..corrected that!

Stormrage is in the middle of preparations... mostly giving her many crewsisters some task so they feel useful and that efforts were being taking to preserve their lives weather they are welcomed by the humans or not. They were still Loroi. Occassionally Stormrage cast a concerned glance the Mizol's direction in the cockpit as she entered intense discussions with the ranking humaniti representative... presumably. There had been a long... truly uncomfortable silence to her reply to their demands. Stormrage was not use to being so completely unable with her own efforts to further the cause of the Loroi peoples. She was a tool of war.. not of words.

As the negotiations dragged on Storm was frankly shocked at Softsapphires explosion of sanzai nervous ranting. It was obvious to Storm she was truly frightened at their situation and far to aware of their predicament... the very intelligent usually are. She was not a warrior... it was not her fault... the battle with the Umiak the loss of their cruiser, all the many deaths and now stranded with no way to call for help save from the relatively unknown aliens... humaniti the only help available... it was too much for her to cope with! The certainty of known species and known situations denied her... was fraying her confidence.

There were several ways Stormrage could handle or calm her down... but she needed to do something that would keep panic from spreading the the rest of her crewsisters... Storm chose a gentle approach...

Speaking gently - avoiding painful sanzai her head practically throbbing, "Please calm sister. Peace, we are not helpless nor are we dead! We live. We are Loroi. We will overcome!"

Stormrage walked over to Softsapphire and gently took her hand and smiled her mind gently touching hers not with any directed thought... but letting her calm, her courage, her sense of pride and the steely certainty of Storm's belief in their ability to survive and triumph no matter the obstacles flow into her senses!

Still holding her hand Storm turned to address all her crewsisters, "Know this crewsisters. Our purpose and mission have not changed. We are a diplomatic delegation sent in polite reply to humaniti's own efforts to open negotiations with our Union. That does not change weather we are on a shuttle, or in a fully armed Union Battleship! We are representatives of the Loroi Union to humaniti... our mission is not changed. We are a peaceful envoy.. and though our means of conveyance is... not grand..." {she turns to look Softsapphire kindly in the eyes smiling at this} "... we STILL bear the authority, dignity and pride of the Loroi Union to treat terms for peaceful and hopefully mutually beneficial relations with humanity."

She gently pats Sofsapphire's hand one last time as she steps away to position herself in front of the airlock gesturing to the humaniti shuttle in the view port holding the attention of her sisters she continues...

Stormrages tone hardens but not in anger.. but pride and honor...

"We are the Loroi, we are not helpless, we are not prisoners, we are not beggars and I will NOT allow humaniti to think or treat us as otherwise! We are not here seeking their help... we are here to represent our Union in opening relations with their species! Our current situation, not withstanding, the Loroi Union does not owe humaniti anything that they can hold over us as a debt! 'But they're rescuing us...!' So what! We did the same to their envoy that does not mean they owe us! The same is the case here... we are an official Envoy and I will demand we be treated with the same respect, dignity and honor that they would most certainly be showing us were we in a Vortex Battleship! We are the Loroi."

"As for the technology of the Loroi - our weapons and our persons; we still belong to the Loroi Union! If humaniti wants our technology and to know us as friendly neighbors and potential allies - they will respectfully negotiate for such knowledge ... they DO NOT get it for FREE... as is the respect and honor due to ANY diplomatic Envoy!"

"Now as for Softsapphires suggestion .. her skill as a Listel are shining through.. I agree that is a most equitable solution as we would also not allow armed aliens who we do not have current diplomatic treaties with to roam any of our vessels! Placing our weapons in a place both the humans and we can monitor them to make sure they are not disturbed is a fine idea..." she smiles at softsapphire, "But your nobly volunteering to do so ... though admirable dear sister, is not needed. You are Listel and will be needed to support Twilightsaber's efforts when the truly detailed negotiations begin. We have Soroin for such tasks."

"In truth the weapons are immaterial as long as their technology is not taken without properly negotiated terms... as you ALL well know... I am FAR more dangerous without a blaster! I have no need of weapons... I am unsheathed.. I AM a WEAPON!"

"My point in insisting on keeping them .. or at least some of them... is a matter of mutual trust and respect. We trust Humaniti not to just kill us all once we are on their ship and respect their wishes to maintain security upon their vessel... well that is a two way trade.. they should be willing to trust us not to attack them and to respect their authority onboard their ship. ANY negotiations under lesser trust and respect is doomed to failure! I don't care if I'm armed or not .. but I do care that they respect my honor to behave civilly and respectfully EVEN if armed onboard their vessel under a flag of diplomacy and negotiation! We cannot know for sure if they are being truthful and must resort to ... 'words'... but if they expect us to trust and believe their... words... then they must do the same! We deserve it and I will demand it!"

Then turning to address Softsapphire again her tone soft once again, "Now do not worry sister.. Twilightsaber understands all this.. we do not need to fret over finding the human ship they will show us where it is... in time.. we must trust to Twilightsaber's skills. I have full confidence in her! Trust me.. I'm sure your skills will be invaluable to the Mizol once face to face negotiations begin as humaniti has the Lotai. We must all be patient... yes even I the weapon.. must sheath myself as well for this is the time for diplomacy. The precariousness of our situation is NOT lost on me.. but we have our duty to do.. regardless of the obstacles presenting themselves. Believe me.. I too want us to accord ourselves for the sake of the Union with dignity and wisely... if we must end unsuccessful... it will be with that dignity and honor intact... I promise!"

Stormrage was not Torrai like her honored mother the Fleet Admiral... but some of that command aura shined in her occasionally she hoped she had reached Softsapphire and had settled her fears. Seeing everyone in activity Stormrage found a seat in the engineering compartment near the plant to sit, rest, and more importantly - stay our of everyone's way... as her skills were.. indeed mostly useless in this situation! When needed she performed her electrokintic skills to test the electrolysis apparatus in case the worse came to worse and an extended amount of time in space was... unavoidable. The activity kept Storm awake as slowly great weariness began to overtake her... the stimulants were fading on her...soon she must sleep...

{Just a little longer.. I must see to it my sisters are safe.. then I can fall... but NOT YET...!!}

As it turned out. It was not necessary. A Soroin called her to the cockpit to hear the results of Twilightsaber's negotiations.

Stormrage was more than satisfied. She only nodded in and smiled silent acceptance.

At Softsapphire's words Stormrage's expression looked hurt.

He voice was... much softer... obviously fatigue was clawing at her and the head wound starting to impair her, "Softsapphire, you have me wrong. Right or wrong.. you are my crewsister... I WILL NEVER abandon you! I would NEVER kill a sister... for simply making a mistake! We all do eventually... I am my crewsister's weapon. My life is forfeit in your defense! I would be happy to die in defense of your life..."
Last edited by sunphoenix on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Yiuel

Post by Yiuel »

sunphoenix wrote:"Softsapphire, you have me wrong. Right or wrong.. you are my crewsister... I WILL NEVER abandon you! I would NEVER kill a sister... for simply making a mistake! We all do eventually... I am my crewsister's weapon. My life is forfeit in your defense! I would be happy to die in defense of your life..."
"Thank you for your concern, but if this turns out bad, it would not be a simple mistake. It would be a major catastrophy. Not only for us, but for all Loroi. If they turn on us, there is no way to know what will happen, but it certainly could turn ugly. I just trust myself enough to be sure this will not be a failure.

And while I am Listel, I stay a Listel, a knowledge-eater. I can calculate things and handle concepts the same way you handle your weapons and safety procedures. I am not combat personnel. But if your duty calls for my death, you will have to allow it. I know you will do what is best to save us all whatever happens, but remember that if anything the Loroi as a whole, my survival is lower in your priorities if my survival is part of the threat. But about that we shall talk when you can rest."

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

OOC: One more for the Loroi side. At first I wanted to add it to the last post, but I decided to expand it a little. I will be out of the city for the weekend, but I will try to read and answer any PMs you write me, I try to post a few smaller storyparts, too.]

Parat Twilightsaber was tired from their escape and the long negotiations with the human Captain, nervertheless she watched out out of the front windows, as the human ship got closer. To her relief the human ship was bigger than she first had thought. Almost the since of the Argent Fire, although it looked somehow strange and clumsy to her eye. The ships hull was covered in gray and only small parts had been marked in red and white color. This ship was definitely different from that human scout vessel, which remains she had helped to analyze. She could see that it was heavier armored and those turrets for sure hold some form of weapon within.

{Hm... they look like some form of Massdriver and Laser to me. Some of them aim at us... That Captain still doesn´t trust us. Can´t blame him for that, would have done the same thing...} She kept thinking for herself.

She hoped that the humans would keep their word and did not plan to do anything else, than what they had promised.
Slowly the shuttle turned around now, and a large door was opened, leading to what appeared to be the hangar of that human ship. The human shuttle landed first and theirs came in shortly after. She could see a line of humans that awaited them, some of them clearly armed and all in those eva suits she had seen earlier. She could feel as the shuttle touched the surface of the hangar and a lamp turned from yellow to orange and finally to green. The sensors showed that the hangar doors had closed and there was even breathable air now, outside the shuttle.

[Sisters, its time to leave the shuttle now. Keep your suits on, as long as the humans say so. Paiad, if you feel able to, help those humans to check if there are any for them hazardous bacteria or viruses on us. Softsapphire, maybe you can help her with that.]

{Time to meet the neighbours...} she couldn´t help thinking.

[Everyone ready? If yes, open that airlock...]
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Yiuel wrote:"Thank you for your concern, but if this turns out bad, it would not be a simple mistake. It would be a major catastrophy. Not only for us, but for all Loroi. If they turn on us, there is no way to know what will happen, but it certainly could turn ugly. I just trust myself enough to be sure this will not be a failure."
Stormrage only replies soft and disturbingly cryptic..., "...do not worry sister. I have... taken precautions. The humaniti negotiators had best be... trustworthy for their sake."

At Mizol Twilightsaber's direction Stromrage powers up the shuttledrives to follow the humaniti craft to its mothership...

------

Stormrage leaves the pilot's seat powering down the drives of the "Slipper" and setting its security access protocols and failsafe from the console.

She strode back to the main airlock and did a chem-sniff scan of the atmosphere outside the shuttle... waiting for the shuttle's external environmental sensors to declare the outside atmosphere free of any anomalous readings. Satisfied Stormrage seals her combat vaccsuit. Stormrages own signature sense pick up Twilightsaber's personal emotions and her uncertainty at the bargain she has struck...ostensibly with the humaniti representatives. Stepping over to the removed weapons locker bolstered with her telekinesis she lifts the locker onto her shoulder... incongruous with her petite shapely feminine form and triggers the atomospheric pumps from inside the shuttle storing its own atmosphere... following Twilightsaber's uncertainty... just in case.

Stormrage tirggers the airlock opening both doors and she clambers down the unfolding ramp to the hanger deck with the weapons locker hefted upon her shoulder. She smiles with a inner jest as appearing to be far stronger than she would seem.

{Let the humans ponder that!}

She sanzais to her sisters to hold momentarily as she walks over to the side setting the heavy weapons locker down next to two marines with a shuddering thump...on the decks. Stepping around the locker she very slowly pulls a datacard... that favors a 'metal guitar pick'{?} and swipes it in the security scanner on the locker and lights flash amber the door unlocking. Opening the locker she shows all present the small array of four blaster sidearm pistols, two blaster rifles, three swords and a pair of ornate daggers.

Making sure all can see them first she closes the locker and swipes the datacard again locking the locker light glowing red again.

Stepping back she gestures to the holstered blaster pistol at her left shapely hip and slowly deliberately draws it with her off hand and ejects its powercell. Showing the marines it is unloaded... she holsters it and places the energy cell in a belt pouch of her vacc armor.

Turning she walks back to the ramps and takes up a position of honor to the left side of it... none of the males present can miss the unconscious sway of her very shapely hips...even clad in armor.

Sanzaing, {You may now exit Mizol Twilightsaber... this is now your battle.}

...to the loroi though Stormrage seems confident... but she is broadcasting in her sanzai her dizzying pain and fatigue bleeding through her own mental defenses... its not intentional but she is reaching the limits of her endurance... both physical and mental.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Charlie was still at attention when the shuttle dropped in ever so slowly for a landing, the shuttle itself looked almost delicate, no, elegant. As if form was as important as function, nothing in the human fleet looked anything close to as nice as that small shuttle.

Charlie depolarized his helmet to better see with his own eyes the small shuttle land. It wasn`t long before the engine sounds became still and silence reigned.

The fear grew at the bottom on Charlie `s stomach as the air lock opened, something worse than even the most terrible nightmare stepped out.

A human, or the refection of one.

The Lorai women was near as Charlie could tell almost human looking, but something not quite human. This shocking development slowed Charlie`s mind to paste, he could barley think.

He pondered this fact for an age, only forced back in to reality with a thump under is armored boots.

He remembered she was carrying something, what was it, some kind of box.

Now that the box was next to him he could see what it was, a steel weapons locker. It looked to be of considerable weight, enough to give Charlie a good workout, and she had been carrying it causally on her shoulder with on hand.

He a scant time, because on his slowed mind, to see what was in side; four hand gun type weapons, two rifles, three swords and two daggers. Before the Lorai women closed the box and tagged it to a data card.

In this time Charlie was studying her face, pretty almost human.

She took a step back and pointed to the hand gun on her hip, for a fleeting moment Charlie thought he was about to get shot. He though that he should at least open fire on the women, not go noiselessly into the night.

But his slower than tar brain told him that she was showing him the gun and not making threats.
She ejected some kind of power cell and placed into a pocket on her armor.

She promptly walked back to her craft, not caring about the marines in the least. When she was going Charlie noted that if she was human she would be attractive, he also noted something seemed off he could not put a finger on it but of thing was wrong with her ( Biological Sciences - Physiology And Medical 2 )

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

As the Loroi Moved out into the landing bay and presented the case with their weapons, and locked it up he Stepped forward and stood next tot he lieutenant as he signed off on the case.
He watched the one who had been given permission to retain her weapon. he sized her up first and foremost, she carried herself like a warrior, proud, he had a feeling she wasn't at all worried about him and his entire team.
He paused for a moment, women in armor was not new, but he scanned the ranks of the lori for just a second, they were all fit, and even in their close fitting armor, he could tell they were female, all of them.
He was a tall, physically fit and heavily muscled man, but he'd be an idiot to assume the smaller slighter woman couldn't handle themselves even without sidearms.

" Sergeant William Roland Steen." Roland introduced himself with a crisp salute toward the woman that seemed ot be leading the group. [{trade}" I am your escort, Honored to Welcome you aboard ma'am. If you need anything ask your escort and they will pass it on to our officers. We will be going through decontamination as a precaution Ma'am it isn't hazardous."]

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

Finally released from the confines of the human shuttle, Nelopaio exits the hatch onto the hangar deck, looking around at the scene at hand... The shadow of dried blood still clings to one side of her face, just below the amplifier that serves as an artificial telepathic larnyx... Sensing the fatigue of her sisters, in particular Sezon Stormrage, she starts across the deck, still in her EVA suit, her movements marred only by a slight limp...

Without bothering to say a word, she moves to stand with her fellow officers, her stance crisp and straight, but somehow lacking the entirety of the sharp edge of either the Teidar or the Mizol present. Her amplifier warms slightly against her cheek as she sends through Sanzai, ("Glad to see you've caught up Sezon. It was getting boring in there.") the specifically directed sending tinged with a certain good humor that Stormrage may or may not have become familiar with during their time on the Argent Fire. Sensing the weight of her crushing fatigue, she flicks her amethyst eyes towards her sister in arms, widening the range of her mental speech to be heard by those close at hand... ("My apologies for my absence, sister... You've done well in seeing to the well-being of the crew.") she offers, an earnest compliment in the thought.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: So, finally I´m back home and can add something new here. If there are any comments, questions, whatsoever, feel free to PM me. Thanks!]

Parat Twilightsaber stepped out of the shuttle, shortly after followed by her sisters. She nodded slightly in the direction of Stormrage and Nelopaio who stand close to the human soldiers that formed some form of honor guard. She could feel Stormrages tiredness and was alarmed somehow, she hoped that she didn´t overstrains herself. It was a relieve to her, that Nelopaio was well and not a dead body drifting somewhere in outer space.
SpoilerShow
{Nelopaio, it is good to see you again. It looks like they threated you well.}
she used her sanzai.

She looked down to that case with their weapons and hoped that this was a wise decision. However, she still had to talk to that Captain immediately and clear out some possible problems.
The other sisters had now left the shuttle, most of them were standing. Only that young pregnant sister and Copperspear had been placed on two stretchers and are examined by a human, a male as it seams.

For the human players:
SpoilerShow
Dr. Murasaki: [They appear to be clean, but that one girl is pregnant and the other... Well, I need to examine both in sickbay as soon as possible.]
Two other humans were scanning the other sisters and those two, together with that male, were dressed in white eva suits with a red cross on them. Apparently they were medics and checked if there were any hazardous substances, bacteria, viruses or else on or in the sisters. As they came to Mazil Paiad, they suddenly stopped and repeated their scans over and over again and looked in the direction of that man, speaking to him over their radios, as it seamed. Even without humans being able to sanzai, she knew from the look on their faces that they were deeply worried.

For the human players:
SpoilerShow
[Dr. Murasaki, this one appears to be ill. She is infected with some form of... Escherichia coli... How is that even possible?]
one of the Nurses* asked.

[I have no idea! If she can walk, she should follow us to sickbay and we will see there what we can do for her.]
After that discussion with the male, one of the medics, a female with lightly red-blond hair and freckles on her face, leaned her helmet on that of Mazil Paiad and shouted in trade, so that she could hear her:
[ I´m Angela Costello, a medic. Are you able to walk a short distance? If yes, please follow us when the examinations are over to the sickbay, we will treat you there. If not, we will get a stretcher for you. But please leave your helmet on. Okay?]

After the examinations where finished and all Loroi, except three, where declared clean. Only those three should keep their helmets on, the others were allowed to remove them and the humans (except the medics and Dr. Murasaki) did so as well.
Twilightsaber breathed the air of the human ship for the first time. It smelled of metal, grease, some unknown chemicals and a few other things she wasn´t sure of. Not pleasant as the air on a loroi ship or station and somehow it was much to warm here for her taste.
She looked around in the faces of those humans.

{Indeed, many males her... I hope those young sisters can keep themselves out of trouble...} she thought for a moment and then started to speak to the humans (in trade):

[Who is the commanding officer?]

----------------------------
* Is that the correct term?
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Lost in thought at the smallness of the universe and the sameness of the guests, Charlie could only ponder at the these things as the medics went about their business.

At the medics instruction Charlie gave twist to his helmet and removed it. It gave a slight hiss and let in the smell of men and steel, the smell of home.

Charlie stepped forward and offered a crisp salute, towards the black haired female who asked a question.

In Trade:
[Ma'am, the commanding officer of this vessel is Captain Jeremiah Blake. It may please you to know that he is on his way. If you would like, I can page him via the intercom as to find out his present location and estimated time to arrival.]
Last edited by Charlie on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

The seriousness how humans scanned them, did make little impression on Paiad.
{They live so near each other that they know how to protect themselves from the epidemics. Or perhaps it is from the experience.}
She cooperated with the human medics, when they probed through her spacesuit and their worried faces of the results wasn't surprise to her.
For the human medic Angela, she answered. "I'm am called Paiad. I understand and I follow."
Paiad was tired, but she wanted to look human's medical facilities before surrendering on their care. The surgery she made on to Copperspear was successful and she wouldn't lose her in the humans hands. The operation ended only little before landing and Copperspear wasn't in danger of dying anymore, but it would be still hours or days, before Copperspear is strong enough to wake up.
Medical +4, Mind +6 (2d6+10=18)

Even with her determination, she did had to take a hold of the hand belonging the female human, before they arrived on their destination.
Supporter of forum RPG