[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

sunphoenix

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonni hesitated at the incongruous appearance of the Human woman in the elevator.

She had been hoping the lift would not be on this current floor and there would be an open shaft to greet her.

The woman's word were totally incongruous to the situation especially with the carnage behind Sonni int he room that could easily be spotted from the illuminated elevator.

Then Charlie was pushing her aside stepping in the way to seemingly take the risk of any hidden threat. The gesture was... unnecessary but still... sweet... in a clumsy sort of way.

Sonni was undeterred stepping next the the Sergeant looking up at the roof of the elevator and she gently touched a hand to his upper arm mostly to get his attention...

Also stretching her will she wrapped her Electro/Telekinetic Screen around the both of them for cover... just in case it was a trick of some odd sort...

Triggering her Commlink, << [ "Don't shoot Sergeant... surly this is some automated hologram greeting?" ] >>

[ P71 ]
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Hujedamig

Post by Hujedamig »

Catching the commotion over at the elevator Torleif chuckled to the woman and marine being startled. A small pause from the grim situation they were in.
["Easy sergeant. She is no threat to you or your special friend."] He had noticed the way the marine behaved in close proximity to the grey clad woman. Even her behaviour were... funny. Not only the physice were similar it seemed.

Using the speakers he spoke up through the room. "Glad to see you up and about, Inue."
Last edited by Hujedamig on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

Shaking her head a bit, Nelopaio blinks repeatedly, swaying a bit... And trading glances with Malidasaria, nodding slightly at her knowing expression, not needing to say anything in turn. After a moment she motions in the direction she could sense the voice speaking from, "That way, Commander." she says, her voice a bit distant... Hefting her weapon, she waits to follow, sending a sanzai in turn to the Voice...
SpoilerShow
{We're coming... Be brave, and soon you will be among friends.} she sends, the sense of soothing confidence carrying well enough, even in her damaged sanzai.

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

De Ruyter just frowns and approaches Charlie, casually putting his hand on his weapon, thumbing the safety slowly and with a small click.

"Before you give everyone within a hundred yards a good idea of where we are, I highly suggest you read a manual on Automated human interface terminals that are currently all the rage in Japan."

His voice may be sharp as it usually is, but his expression is not cocky in the slightest this time.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

At the elevator:

The strange asian female looked at them and didn't say anything for a few moments. Then she replied:

[Irasshaimase, Duely appointed TCA Marine Sergeant! I am the stations holografic guidance and information system. The newest such system made by SHI. My name is Inoue.]

she bowed in his direction and then continued:

[I am not informed about the arrival of ECS-096 Cydonia or new TCA personal. The stations Commander...... doesn't know about it either.]

Then, she paused, two cat ears appeared on her head and various small and differently colored lights could be seen passing in and out of them, while she hold her hand on her chin. As the ears and lights vanished again, she smiled at Charlie and added:

[I am authorized to guide you to your designated quarter and the recreation facilities, Duely appointed TCA Marine Sergeant. Pleas step in.]
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Hadrid followed Nelopaio to the elevator where Charlie and Torleif stood. Hearing some shouts and bubbling he moved closer.

[Stand down, what's all about it? Soldiers?]

Looking at Japanese girl he could see small fluctuations of her image like a projection perhaps...

Roll Computers : 2d6 + 5 + 5 = 15 Hadrid could easy put things together.

[AI? Greeting bot? Interesting... program! take us to Command center.]

POST 45

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 48

Charlie was ready to kill the offending madwomen at the first sign of her being a threat. Still, things didn`t seem quite right, she hadn`t flinched at all on top of that she looked wrong somehow. Somehow not quite a person, while looking exactly like a person, it was uncanny and unnerving at the same time. Something touched his upper arm, Charlie knew it was proabaly Sonni trying to tell him something.
<< "Don't shoot Sergeant... surly this is some automated hologram greeting?" >>
"Yes, I think... I know you are right. I may have been..."
The Northern European may have been laughing at Charlie`s expense, not that it wasn`t deserved; a bit more perception on Charlie`s part would have avoided such an embarrassing situation. His reply wasn`t unexpected and only affirmed the fact that it was computer generated image.
"Easy sergeant. She is no threat to you or your special friend."
"...I can see that..."
{Hmm, Special Friend, it sounds... dirty somehow.}
There was undertones of irritation in his shortened answer, he wasn`t angry at the SHISF trooper or anyone really. But he still was feeling foolish and highly visible. A likely target of future jest...
"Glad to see you up and about, Inoue."
{Bloody Inoue! Making me look stupid, as if I needed the help...}
Charlie clouldn`t see the Ensign come up behind him, but, he knew, somehow, that he was holding a frown. De Ruyter reaching his hand to Charlie`s hand gun and flipped the safely like Charlie was a child. Charlie was feeling far to small to oppose the Ensign`s safeing of his sidearm. It may have been an highly offensive action but Charlie had little in the way of reasonable excuses to shooting a holo in the face.
"Before you give everyone within a hundred yards a good idea of where we are, I highly suggest you read a manual on Automated human interface terminals that are currently all the rage in Japan."
With that Charlie could all but feel his own palm impacting his face at high velocity. Charlie refused to allow his head to turn to the Ensign, for he had an idea of what he might find on the Ensign`s face; The smuggest of smug, conceited, self-satisfied expressions possible on a man. It would have been mocking Charlie`s own pratfall insistently. It would have been well deserved, but, it would have been a terrible salve to his wounded pride at such an obvious mistake.
"Look I know what she is, I have a fair amount of experience with these types of commercial adaptive greeting systems. I didn`t expect one on what is supposed to be a dust mote of a back water refueling station. Clearly, I was... I was wrong."
It is a difficult thing to admit such a silly mistake, but Charlie has some small reprieve the Ensign did not seem to be mocking him in the slightest. The lack of obvious mocking from the Ensign was a surprise, it made him dislike the Ensign a little less. Regardless, Charlie moved his arm to his side bringing the hand gun away from the troubling greeters face. He unsafed it the instant his arm was parallel to his body, a ready weapon would keep the situation stable.
[Irasshaimase, Duely appointed TCA Marine Sergeant! I am the stations holographic guidance and information system. The newest such system made by SHI. My name is Inoue.]
{A comedian to boot, I'm still not laughing...}
The almost Japanese women bowed in greeting.
[I am not informed about the arrival of ECS-096 Cydonia or new TCA personal. The stations Commander...... doesn't know about it either.]
Ears of some sort appeared on her avatar, glowing ears. Perhaps a literal representation of data transfer for the users benefit. She had her hand on her chin looking thoughtful before adding.
[I am authorized to guide you to your designated quarter and the recreation facilities, Duely appointed TCA Marine Sergeant. Pleas step in.]
{Yeah, right! Who is around to authorize you to do anything? Like I'm going to fall for that. The first you did was try to turn us away, fully knowing that we were TCA Military. Now you suddenly change your CPU cycle, and think; I should let them in, I should cooperate. Shunt that idea, something isn`t right. I will have answers.}
[AI? Greeting bot? Interesting... program! take us to Command center.]
Commander, before we follow it anywhere, let us question it. For starters why did it try to get rid of us? Or why it`s letting us in now. Who is the base Commander and what is his current status. OR anything about what is going on now and in the last three days. Our new SHISF friend might be able to help fill in some of the gaps too. I don`t really want to follow her anywhere until I know why she was so wishy-washy about who is allowed inside.
Last edited by Charlie on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Inoue listened to Torleifs comment and said to him with a bright smile:

[I am happy to see you well, Torleif. If I can be of help, just ask me.]

She then turned her attention to Commander Ferox:

[I am sorry to inform you, unidentified guest, that the Command Center is currently off limits due to...] after a brief "ear pause", she then added with a sad look on her face: [...maintenance.]

Afterwards she announced with a bright smile on her face:

[I am not aware of any recent arrivals. Please state your name, dear visitors, so I can address you personally and answer your questions, if you are...]
and another "ear pause" later she added:
[...authorized personal or appointed visitors. I will then ask the Commander for permission to offer you hospitality: a room and access to the recreation facilities, as long as you stay here. Please be aware that the station is currently not equipted with projectors for me on every deck or room, but there are projectors in the main hallways and the elevators. My appearance is also customizable to some degree.]

She then took a closer look at Stormrage and asked:

[Dear unknown guest, are you well? Your skin color looks unhealthy and you uniform is of unknown origin. Please state your name and origin, so I can request clearance to the medical facilities for you.]
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Malidasaria answers for Stormrage and the rest of the Loroi.

“My name is Mizol Losat Malidasaria, and this," she gestures to Teidar Sonnidezi, "is my sister-in-arms Teidar Sezon Sonnidezi. We are soldiers in the Imperial Fleet of the Loroi Union. We and our sisters that have boarded this station do so in alliance with the crew of the human ship Cydonia against the Hierarchical forces that have taken this station; and as for the matter of our skin color, it is perfectly normal for out kind, though access to medical facilities may seem to be needed if and when we make preparations to quit this station.”
Last edited by Hālian on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't delay, join today!

Hujedamig

Post by Hujedamig »

"Inoue. Commander Grand is KIA. Do you have realtime footage from the corridor outside the CiC?"

He said to the hologram. One he had befriended when he first arrived. Befriending a sort of AI/VI would seem wierd. But Torleif wasn't really great on human interaction.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonnidezzi ignores the hologram giving Malidasaria a concerned look, << [ "...we need not give information to an automated interface that might be compromised by enemy influence or under direct control." ] >>

Sonni gestures to the wall panel of the elevator shifting the electrical flow and deactivates the elevator from operating blocking the flow of current to its motors and controls.. or surveillance electronic cameras within.

Environmental Influence: Electricity [Deplete -3], Area {3 Base} = Lvl 1, 1 Environment - Electricity; +Area/2 '5' [100m r] <+2>, Range/2 [100m] <+2> {3pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Environmental Influence = +Lvl 1 {Lvl 2}, +1 Environments {Magnetism}; <2 VPP>

Speaking to the Commander << [ "Commander Ferox, I would advise us not utilizing any powered systems of this station as they can be monitored by hostiles in control of this facility. I would also suggest we STOP interfacing with this holo-Avatar. We can move through the elevator shafts without it monitoring our progress as we will not be in regular hallways or monitored systems. We do not want to let the enemy know where or how we are advancing. It would seem prudent Commander." ] >>

Not waiting for a response Sonnidezzi stretched out her magnetic senses scanning the interior of the elevator. Then looked up and gestured the maintenance hatch to the elevator shaft discovered in the roof of the elevator.. and tendril of TK force opening the hatch with but a thought.

A quick glance at Charlie. << [ "Sergent. With me." ] >>

...And lightly Sonni lifted from the floor of the elevator up throught he maintenance hatch... and as if weightless Charlie lifted as well to be settled gently on the top of the elevator. Yellow Sun entered as well and with a slight delay lifted up as well as Sonni moved to the side making room for her as she knelt and aimed her Blaster rifle up the shaft covering for any hostiles.

Telekinesis [Deplete -3], Range {1 Base} = Lvl 1, 1kg, 10m, Flight 10m/turn {5pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Telekinesis = +Lvl 2 {Lvl 3}, 100kg <12 VPP>

Over the Marine Comm-net, << [ "...I'm accessing the data of the stations schematics to plot out a route using the elevator shafts to the CIC... it of course will have security countermeasures.. but we should be able to ascend undetected and unhindered - at least until we get to the floor we need, Commander Ferox." ] >>

Skill: Computer [Electronic Warfare] - Lvl 1 = 2d6 + 5 + 1 + 1 → [4,5,5,1,1] = (16)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1287662
* Modifiers = {+5} Mind, {+1} Skill, {+1} Specialization {?}

[ P72 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

[Enough!] Hadrid barked with exalted voice. [Sergeant get back to line. Your squad moves last.]

Hadrid climbed to opened hatch. Rising his head and picking from it he could see that entire shaft lost it's lights...propably thanks to sparky's doing.... Switching to NV mode Hadrid could see two ladders placed on opposite walls.

[It's dark there. Switch to night-vision and move out. We climb by twos. Soroin you with me. Ruyter, Fiore you after us. Sergeant Stone you after us.]

POST 46

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 49

The machine women rebuffed the Commander, the avatar was being cooperative as he expected to be.
[...maintenance.]
Whatever that really meant it wasn`t good, she migh've even looked sad, were she Human. It wasn`t clear what powers she had beyond simply greeting functions, given that she'd tried to turn away the task force something wasn`t entirely right, especially considering that this station should be for refueling something which this one was not. Still, she was being reasonably cooperative, although her answers were evasive for a computer perhaps the SHISF Security Man might have more luck considering his standing. Regardless, this was time being wasted, the element of surprise might be lost if it is not already. Questions about skin color and uniforms were a time suck if anything, Charlie was beginning to worry that bugs might be crawling around in the vent work setting up ambush points while discourse over who might need a doctor was going on.

The Scandinavian may have more luck dealing with the inquisitive system, at least Charlie hoped as much. Solid intelligence may immeasurably.
"Inoue. Commander Grand is KIA. Do you have realtime footage from the corridor outside the CiC?"

<< "...we need not give information to an automated interface that might be compromised by enemy influence or under direct control." >>
A troubling though, if the bugs could grab Human systems it would indicate a disterbing level of knowledge of TCA Military Hardware.

<< "Commander Ferox, I would advise us not utilizing any powered systems of this station as they can be monitored by hostiles in control of this facility. I would also suggest we STOP interfacing with this holo-Avatar. We can move through the elevator shafts without it monitoring our progress as we will not be in regular hallways or monitored systems. We do not want to let the enemy know where or how we are advancing. It would seem prudent Commander." >>
{Gonna be slow progress cracking every door manually, might be they already know we are here, also gonna be tough to shut down internals like security. Worse, the iron giant might not fit up there thats some serious steel he has. He would have good intel on the goings on of this place. Still, the caution is definitely not misplaced. Whatever, it`s a decision that`s above my pay grade.}

Not willing to wait for the Commander Sonni forced the elevator`s maintenance hatch open, it wasn`t too high up, an easy jump to grab on pull ones self up.
<< "Sergent. With me." >>
Charlie looked at Sonni to try and guess as to what she might be thinking, clearly she wanted to get up there, where she was going besides up was anyone's guess. She had a map courtesy of the Commander. Still, it was a rough map, it didn`t list everything on the station.

But before he could gleam anything from that look she was floating away, up out the hatch.
{Easier than jumping I guess, a lot more graceful if anything. Kind of angelic.}
Before Charlie even had time to line up a proper jump he was inexplicably floating.
{WHAT THE... SHIT! SHIT! I can`t... I can`t move! UP? Is it Sonni? Don`t drop me, please!}
The weightless feeling was disorienting, and it`s suddenness was frighting. Charlie had micro gravity training but this was unexpected and extremely unnerving. It was all Charlie could do not to cry out or struggle at first. Once he knew whom was lifting him it got somewhat better, even though the flight and landing were gentle, smooth and without fault, it was not something Charlie would want to do again without being ready. It was something that would take getting used to.
{Breath, don`t show anything, I am fine now. What? I can`t see anything, even the emergency lights are out. Strange.}

Charlie switched to Night Vision, the shaft was fairly standard as elevator shafts go. Two ladders on either side gave access to the floors above. Nothing of note was above. One of the Loroi followed in her harrowing flight, probably not scary for her anyway, as she immediately to up position watching the skies.

Sonni used the radio to make a general broadcast.
<< "...I'm accessing the data of the stations schematics to plot out a route using the elevator shafts to the CIC... it of course will have security countermeasures.. but we should be able to ascend undetected and unhindered - at least until we get to the floor we need, Commander Ferox." >>
{Yeah, if I don`t need a change of pants on the way, I think I'll climb.}

<< "Enough!" >> The Commander barked with every bit of authority that his high rank brought him, it was maybe half a frighting as the flight up, it had a considerable amount of fear, fear drilled in by different Boot Camps.

<< "Sergeant get back to line. Your squad moves last." >>
<< "B-b-but Sir. We are... already up here. You want me to climb down?" >>
Charlie didn`t give the order to ascend, but Charlie Squad was already up on top of the elevator. However, given space it would be possible to get down from up there.
<< "Commander, sir. Perhaps my Squad should take point. Teidar Stormrage will be able to shut down electricals." >>
Charlie had made his case, the Commander was the highest ranking officer on mission and gave his orders, orders that he would follow.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Hadrid looked up to see "flying" Charlie. {damm you Aldridge} While it was starting to piss him off badly he couldn't let his anger do the job for him. He had to control entire situation and 'Sparki' did not help.

[No, Stay there and wait for the rest. And sergeant stay there!]

Turning to remaining squads in elevator and at entrance. [Stone move. Let's see if Mr. Vättenman fits the hatch.]

POST 47
Last edited by Beliskner on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonnidezzi peering down the hatchway nods to Nelopaio and Malidasaria and gently plucks them from the deck plates one by one lifting them up through the hatch and up into the elevator shaft floating them near the ladders within easy reach for them to secure themselves before releasing her gentle telekinetic hold upon them.

Switching to Comms, << [ "Commander Ferox, if you would like I can easily lift all of you into the shaft to make this ascent quicker - rather than you all clambering up on your own. Also, do I infer correctly, that you now want Charlie Squad on rear guard? My abilities are best utilized on point... but it is your decision." ] >>

[ P73 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Malidasaria is floated up the shaft, grinning rather idiotically in the process. She then takes hold of the ladder and begins to climb.
Don't delay, join today!

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Just a quick update tonight to catch up with you. Couldn't finish everything and will post the rest, including a decent plan for that station, as soon as I can.]

The hologram listened to Malidasaria and answered:

[Irasshaimase Mizol Losat Malidasaria and Teidar Sezon Sonnidezi! Welcome aboard this combined SHI and TCA installation! I am not familiar with a SHI or branch called Loroi. Please specify and or explain further details.]

Having said that she replied to Torleif:

[I am sorry, the videolink to the CIC is not working because of... maintenance... I am awaiting further orders from Commander Grand. His last instructions happened jus....]

Suddenly some kind of interference could be seen running through the hologram. Its form and colors were changing randomly for a brief moment, before it was deactivated, together withe the strange music and the lights of the elevator.

As the Lorois and Humans from Cydonia then entered the shaft, the emergency lights of started to do their work, turning everything into a strange, orange colored light. At the same time a small handrail detached from the side of the wall close to the ladder upwards and through their com link an all familiar voice could be heard:

[This is Inoue. Because of a malfunction I am using the stations com channel to be of use.] after a brief pause she added: [I must inform you that using strong electromagnetic fields inside the station is not allowed and won't be tolerated by SHI and TCA security. Keep in mind that you are using the emergency ladder at your own risk. Keep in mind to use the security rail and connect your suite to it. It is recommended to wait in the elevator till SHI repair teams have arrived.]
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

Roland Made a few mental notes on Unit discipline and cohesion int he future. The abilities of the Loroi were definitely going to make things interesting. Even in his armor Roland could manage the door and the shaft, the marine armor was designed to make it very easy to move about in most combat environments, including ship board. If there was a space too small for his armor, you probably didn't need a marine for the job.

"Aye sir, on the move. Mr. Vättenman... Follow me, stay close, and Be ready for action...the rest of you move in pairs. One up, one on watch." Roland barked orders crisply and started up the lift shaft."I'll o it the old fashioned way if you don't mind. He added toward who ever was doing the lifting trick.

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

Hearing the warning from the automated system, Nelopaio sighs slightly as she's raised via telekinesis, then takes hold of the ladder, climbing after Malidasaria. For now, she's quiet... Stormrage is in tactical command, and she herself is mostly just following for the time being, mind occupied by her own thoughts...

Roeben

Post by Roeben »

De Ruyter, being on his best behavior for now, does exactly as asked. Staying close with the group for now, at least happy he's getting some eye candy as the group prepares to move. Female forms are just that much nicer to be around then males. He relaxed slightly and took a position that gave him a good overview, masking his lechery by taking broad looks through the environment.