[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

sunphoenix

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Post by sunphoenix »

Stormrage directs all of Charlie Squad to begin their ascent... all the while she holds position atop the elevator watch them all ascend until she is the only her and Charlie remain.

<< [ "Sergeant Aldridge, go. I'll hold position here ... inform me when everyone has completed the ascent. I'll ascend when all have reached our objective level. If anyone should fall I'm here to catch them with telekinesis." ] >>

[ P74 ]
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Hujedamig

Post by Hujedamig »

Torleif switched his suit optics per Cmd.Ferox order. With hulking steps he walked to the elevator where the door to the shaft was. It didn't let him through. But after some persuasion from the exosuits servos the door gladly let him inside. Pros and cons, pros and cons...
He thought to himself that climbing inside a elevator shaft with his sort of ordinance would not be a walk in the park. Looking at a specific female he said ¤"Miss Teidar. Can you get me up there?"¤

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonni looks down through the elevator maintenance hatch in ceiling of the elevator car... remembering the powered armor trooper from SHI.

Looking at the hatch and the bulk of his suit's shoulders... it is obvious to her that he will NOT fit through that hatchway... regardless of her talents. Looking at the elevator she is standing on... she is pretty sure she could... eventually tear open the top of it with enough applied Telekinetic force... but that would be Very unsubtle... possibly counter-productive as well as in setting off security alarms and angering the already touchy Human Field Commander Ferox.

She grimaces slightly then concentrates... expanding her magnetic senses... and suddenly a simple solution presents itself.

<< [ "Please step out of the elevator... Torr-leff. You will not fit through the hatchway... but there is an easier... non-destructive way." ] >>

With Torleif off the elevator Sonni seizes control of the electrical controls around her again and commands the elevator to lower into standby mode in the elevator pit below... lowering the top of the elevator to the level of the floor of the Hanger/Lab Bay floor outside the elevator.

<< [ "There... sorry I did not realize this was possible before. It would have been easier for other to make their accent... rather than clambering up through the hatch. Please fo9llow the others using the maintenance wall mounted rungs. I'll follow when all have made their ascent." ] >>

[ P75 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 50

Charlie tabbed his coms-unit to respond to the Commander.
<< "Aye, aye sir. Holding position." >>
<< "Commander Ferox, if you would like I can easily lift all of you into the shaft to make this ascent quicker - rather than you all clambering up on your own. Also, do I infer correctly, that you now want Charlie Squad on rear guard? My abilities are best utilized on point... but it is your decision." >>
{Hmm, somehow, I think, that won`t be happening, not ever. I mean, I wouldn`t want to go again, probably not... maybe.}

Charlie watches as more Loroi are lifted up, it was something that the Commander would definitely not consent to.

Charlie listened to the Virtual Station Assistant, he didn`t trust the machine as it tried to hide information before, without a good reason as of yet.
[This is Inoue. Because of a malfunction I am using the stations com channel to be of use.]{Oh, good, you won`t be leaving us.}
[I must inform you that using strong electromagnetic fields inside the station is not allowed and won't be tolerated by SHI and TCA security. Keep in mind that you are using the emergency ladder at your own risk. Keep in mind to use the security rail and connect your suite to it. It is recommended to wait in the elevator till SHI repair teams have arrived.]
{TCA isn`t owned by SHI, why does she keep going on about TCA. She tried to turn as away knowing full well whom we are. I don`t like it, something is wrong, more than just normal corporate interests. I just know we are going to find something bad in there.}
It made things mush easier knowing that the Staff Sergeant was about, Charlie knew his friend had a good head on his shoulders. Especially considering that he choose to take the easy jump over "Flight Time".

<< "Sergeant Aldridge, go. I'll hold position here ... inform me when everyone has completed the ascent. I'll ascend when all have reached our objective level. If anyone should fall I'm here to catch them with telekinesis." >>
<< "Right, then I'm moving up. Yeah, I'll give you the word. At least if someone did fall you could catch them, it`s good to know. >>

Charlie holstered his side arm and cradled the bomb drone a bit closer to his body, he was on the ladder but not very high before he heard the SHISF trooper asking after Sonni. He wanted to get up here, but there was no way he was gonna fit.
{Oh right, the Jolly Iron Giant, how is he gonna fit? Hmm, Sonni tearing off the top of the elevator car isn`t the best idea, I don`t think. Not very conspicuous, by any standards. I guess I could get the Plasma Cutter from the Shuttle, shouldn`t take to long to burn a hole right through, it'd be a lot more quiet.}
Yet, all of his ladder musings were moot, as Sonni had what could only be described as an eureka moment. While brilliant as a solution, she was right, it would have been easier sooner.
{Oh well, could be worse I guess, I wouldn`t have thought of that.}
Charlie tabbed his coms once more, broadcasting on Charlie Squads`s frequency.
<< "Nice going, I'm gonna start climbing, won`t be long till I reach up there. Once Torleif is up there with us, I'll call back down." >>
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

Hujedamig

Post by Hujedamig »

Stepping back inside. His armored face seemingly "looked" in the small womans eyes, telling her he was ready for whatever mind powers she uses to propell people up the elevator shaft.
Well. This oughta be different. He thought.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonni is looking up the elevator shaft when the powered armor trooper stepped back in the elevator. When she realized he did not start climbing the elevator shaft she turned her attention his way looking at him somewhat confused.

Realizing he was expecting her to lift him... she folds her arms across her breast and looks his suit up and down...pondering how likely heavy he was.

It was a simple contemplative gesture from the petite alien woman... but still very fetching even in her armored vacc-suit.

Thinking, {Hmmm... perhaps he's about 300 or so Humaniti kilograms... well within my capacity.}

Focusing her attention on him her posture shifts her arms dropping and her pretty green eyes burning with an intensity of concentration... gently she lifts from the floor about a foot...suspended in air.

For Torleif he feels his center of balance suddenly shift then vanish all together as he begins to 'fall' upwards... slowly the sensation very similar to being in space freefall weightlessness. But his is not alone keeping pace with his fall upwards near him is the petite alien woman..a slight smile on her face. The rate of their ascent is about 10meters/4sec at its fastest almost 1 G of acceleration. The effort does not seem to tax her overmuch.. though it is obvious some level of exertion is needed for such a feat of telekinetic power...

Telekinesis [Deplete -3], Range {1 Base} = Lvl 1, 1kg, 10m, Flight 10m/turn {5pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Telekinesis = +Lvl 3 {Lvl 4}, 1,000kg, 10kg-hurled object {Weapon Lvl1, Range/1 '10m'} <Shift VPP - Full TK 24pts>

Total Cost: 1EP{1 min} / Current Energy: 53

Sonni and Torlief swiftly pass the climbing marines and Loroi. At the top of the shaft on the floor of their destination she gestures to the wall rungs and Torlief floats within arms reach.

<< [ "There now take a grip of the rungs and wait for the rest to arrive. I'm going back down to make sure if someone should loose their grip... I can catch them." ] >>

With no further words she drops back down the shaft seemingly in freefall... until she is out of sight. To those climbing shortly Sonni drops by as if falling uncontrolled but she seems unconcerned in the brief glimpse of her they get as she falls past their laborious climbing efforts. Sonni returns to the elevator car and hold position again. Watching to catch any who might weaken from fatigue loose grip and fall.

[ P76 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Hujedamig

Post by Hujedamig »

As he was floating he wondered if the railings would hold his weight. But he didn't have much choice as the woman was gesturing him to grab them.
Not wanting to strain the railings for too long, he asked the stations AI/VI.
"-Inoue. What is the status on this floor and the imediate proximity behind the doors?"-

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Hadrid looked as his team moved up. Hearing sparky's offer, he only chucked and jumped on the ladder, starting climbing up.

POST 48

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Ok, here we go again. Sorry for the very long delay, it was not planed. Anyway, please take a look at the map of the station, if you have not done that yet. Link: here I hope you don't mind that I speed up things.
Some (maybe) music for you: Link]

Inoue answered Torleifs question with a long delay, while the others were already on their way to the Command Deck and Fiore had almost reached the door to that deck.

[I am sorry Torleif, but this Cargobay is... closed down... Please go back to the lift. Help is on the way... The Commander promised!]

Suddenly the light in the shaft died down to almost complete darkness and a strange howling could be heard from below.

Corp. Fiore was the first to speak: [Hey! Hologram, whats the matter?]

But the only answer was: [I do n......] followed by a very loud static noise.

After a brief moment, the light switched on again, or at least some of them, flashing in a bright orange color and the howling got even stronger and the ladder started to slowly retract back into its hold. The disturbing static noise from the comunits stopped, too.
Suddenly, a louder and much more "male" human voice could suddenly be heard:

[Emergency lift evacuation! Electromagnetic launch system out of order! RATO failsafe system powering up! Please fasten your seatbelt and remain in an upright position! Time to launch: 59 seconds! Emergency lift evacuation! Electromagnetic launch system out of order! RATO failsafe...]

After a brief moment of silence Fiore asked: [Commander? I reached the door to the command deck, but its sealed! You know that those lifts are designed to work as an escape pod, too? So it will launch into open space and we shouldn't be here when it does!]

The she started to take a closer look at the door and tried to find an opening, a console, whatever. But the door was sealed with an bulkhead that closes in emergency situations and in her growing panic, she could not find a manual override.

[Cazzo!] she yelled into her helmet and wasn't sure if they could get out of here in time. Meanwhile, the male voice could be heard again:

[52 seconds till departure!]

To the Loroi:
SpoilerShow
Although weak, a sansai could be sensed by every Loroi in the shaft, as if someone was screaming with its last breath: {They found you! The masters have found you!}
To Hujedamig:
SpoilerShow
For a moment, Torleif heard a weak audio transmission filled with static, but all he could understand was:
[I am s[...]ry To[...]fe!]
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Hujedamig

Post by Hujedamig »

[I am sorry Torleif, but this Cargobay is... closed down... Please go back to the lift. Help is on the way... The Commander promised!]
"¤Go back to... Inoue, what are you trying to do?¤"
Suddenly the light in the shaft died down to almost complete darkness and a strange howling could be heard from below.

Corp. Fiore was the first to speak: [Hey! Hologram, whats the matter?]

But the only answer was: [I do n......] followed by a very loud static noise.
{Not this too...} Then the orange light came on and the ladders started to retract. {Damn.}
He had been briefed on the stations "lifeboats" and how it works. Then the voice of the automated system could be heard. Now this was a really bad place to hold up. Then he heard one of the Cydonia people:
[Commander? I reached the door to the command deck, but its sealed! You know that those lifts are designed to work as an escape pod, too? So it will launch into open space and we shouldn't be here when it does!]
[Cazzo!]
"Cazzo" sounded much like a curse. She probably could not find the override. Switching to the com he adressed one who probably had his cool.
[Mr Steen! Bottom left, next to the bulkhead. Red lever. Break the glas and yank it down! If the doors don't open automatically, slide them manually. The clamps will release.]

Looking down he saw the small woman standing on top of the lift and the commander still climbing. He then said; [Teidar. Get up here at once.]

As the ladders were retracting in a synchronized, even flow, he lowered his cannon and held the barrel pointing downwards next to the commander. If the ladders would catch up to him he could grab on to the cannon. If they were unlucky enough.

To Hujedamig:
For a moment, Torleif heard a weak audio transmission filled with static, but all he could understand was:
[I am s[...]ry To[...]if!]
"¤INOUE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?¤"
For the others he seemingly yelled out in the blue. But still... He treated the AI as a friend and that personal transmission made him nervous. He didn't know if she was compromised or in some way were forced to engage the "lifeboat system".

If they survive he would damn well find out.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Hearing the warning messages from the automated system... and the sanzai warning all her crew sisters also heard. Sonni was briefly perplexed... she had told them they should not interact with the hologram...as likely the Enemy had compromised its systems. Sonni wish she had followed her first instincts and electric surged the whole system to disable the main computer in the first place. It was a standard policy when the very few times a Loroi crew executed a boarding action of a hostile vessel.

Torlief's shout for her to get up the elevator and assist were unnecessary... Sonni was already in action.

Stretching out her electromagnetic senses to search the elevators electromechanical systems... Sonni found the actuators for the emergency stop breaks. With a twist of electrical fields she energized those motor actuators locking the elevator in place... then she burned out the connecting control circuitry that might be used to actuate them remotely to disengage. They might not stop the manual rocket ejection systems from firing... but they might slow or arrest the elevators movement ...enough to give the crews time to exit the elevator shaft... at least once she'd opened the likely security pressure door at the floor of their exit.

Environmental Influence: Electricity [Deplete -3], Area {3 Base} = Lvl 1= Lvl 1, 1 Environment - Electricity; +Area/2 '5' [100m r] <+2>, Range/2 [100m] <+2>
+ w/Amplifier: Environmental Influence = +Lvl 1 {Lvl 2}, +1 Environments {Magnetism}; <2 VPP>
{Control electricity... finding needed circuitry to control the elevator systems}
Total Cost: 1EP {1minute maintenance} / Current Energy: 52

Perception Check = Mind + 1{Heightened Awareness}; 2d6 + 5 + 1 → [2,3,5,1] = (11)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1306128
* Mods = Mind {+5}, Heightened Awareness {+1}, 'technically Envirnomental Influence levels {+2} should also apply...
{To spot the needed electrical systems...}

Replying to Torlief over the Marine net, << ["I understand and I'm coming..."] >>, to a few snickers from some of the Marines in puerile mirth at her turn of phrase that was completely lost on her...

Looking up suddenly Sonni shot up the shaft like a bullet! Gone was the graceful freedom of flight replaced with the urgency of a mind and powerful will in motion. Sonni shot past the still climbing troopers reaching the door to the Command Deck floor.

Telekinesis [Deplete -3], Range {1 Base} = Lvl 1, 1kg, 10m, Flight 10m/turn {5pts}
+ w/Amplifier: Telekinesis = +Lvl 1 {Lvl 2}, 10kg, 'flight 100m/turn' <8 VPP>
Total Cost: 1EP {1minute maintenance} / Current Energy: 51

Hovering before the door then positioning herself just to the side of it - still floating so as to use the door frame as cover she spied Roland Streen desperately trying to actuate the mechanical override. She didn't bother...

color=#0000FF]Environmental Influence: Electricity[/color] [Deplete -3], Area {3 Base} = Lvl 1= Lvl 1, 1 Environment - Electricity; +Area/2 '5' [100m r] <+2>, Range/2 [100m] <+2>
+ w/Amplifier: Environmental Influence = +Lvl 1 {Lvl 2}, +1 Environments {Magnetism}; <2 VPP>
{Control electricity... finding needed circuitry to control the Security Door systems}

Perception Check = Mind + 1{Heightened Awareness}; 2d6 + 5 + 1 → [3,2,5,1] = (11) {Huh? Similar rolls?}
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1306132
* Mods = Mind {+5}, Heightened Awareness {+1}, 'technically Environmental Influence levels {+2} should also apply...
{To spot the needed electrical systems...}

Sending out her electromagnetic sense Sonni scanned the door for its electrical veins... seeking the motors and pump actuators that held the door shut and pressurized.

Seizing control of the flow of electricity ... blocking the digital control commands coming for the control circuitry she took control directly of the pumps and motors and actuating them opened the door spreading her deflector shield of tele/electromagnetic force before her Roland and the fringes of it over Torlief as she was expecting defenders in position to open fire when the door opened fully.

”Electro-Static / Telekinetic Shield” Force Field [Deplete -3, Detectible: sight 'arcing lightning'/smell 'ozone' -1] = Lvl 3,
12pts Armor Rating, Regenerating <+1>, Air-Tight <+1xp>, Area/1 [1m radius] <+1> {7 '8' pts}
{1 meter radius should be enough to effectively cover the entire opening of the door}
Total Cost: 1EP {1minute maintenance} / Current Energy: 50

Panels upon her armored Vaccsuit and the oddly bulky gauntlets began to glow and raw lighting began to arc furiously about her... she was prepared to fill the hallway with deadly lightning to give as well as the Enemy might dish out in return!

As a side thought Sonni brought the human Assault Railgun to her shoulder... ready to add bouncing and electrically charge projectiles to the swath of dead she was... admittedly eager to unleash...!

NOTE: @Suederwind - Hey GM, I feel that Sonnidezzi uses her flight and electromagnetic senses enough that... much as I might like to save the points for other things.. I need to buy flight and a new sixth sense to accurately and fairly account for her abilities. Technically, her current abilities do allow her to do this perfectly well without the new powers... but the Game system suggests that it should be avoided using one power to do things another power covers. She uses the abilities enough that in fairness to the other characters... she should buy the correct powers in xp expenditure to account for these talents. In either case these 'new' powers will not be able to be boosted by her current Amplifier...until a Dorazer has had a chance to look at it. However, her amplifier is already been stretched to its limits in abilities..much more and it will not be able to be so compact an innocuous a device.

"TK Flight" Flight [Deplete -3] = Lvl 1, 10kph {5pts}
"Electrokinetic Senses" Sixth Sense [Electricity, Magnetism; Deplete -3] = Lvl 1, Area {3 Base} [10m r], Range/3 [1km] <+3> {2pts}

Total Cost: 7xp {Currently all her banked xp}
... with your approval of course if you feel it is a fair and needed expendature?

[ P77 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 51

The climb wasn`t really hampered by the fact he was still carrying the wheeled drone, perhaps slightly more challenging one handed, as Charlie made decent enough progress to catch up to the rest of the climbing group. Charlie looked back down at the Heavy Steel SHISF Trooper and Sonni, simply making sure there where no more problems with there ascent, he was more than surprised to see them both start floating upwards. They both start to 'fall' upwards, as if gravity was reversed for them, it wasn`t flight per say but as if magnetism was pulling them up. It was mere moments before they both passed those still on the ladder. Torleif bypassed everyone on the ladder and received a position at the very front of the queue due to Sonni`s courtesy flight.

Charlie was ambivalent about it, his first flight was terrifying if nothing else, an experience but a scary one. Still it was something awe inspiring none the less; to move like that, to be free from gravity. Charlie briefly mused on it, she could easily be described as a Wizard. Having powers beyond the humble ken of mortals; flying around, commanding lighting, blocking arrows and other missiles. Yes, if all Loroi were the same they may as well be all Wizards, but for the moment, they are highly competent allies.

As quickly as they ascended; Sonni dropped like the proverbial stone, straight down. At first Charlie panicked, she had dropped so quickly, had he tired from the reversal of gravity? Fatigued, had he fallen? Yet, as she dropped past at high velocity, Charlie got a brief glimpse, she was unconcerned. Clearly, Charlie needn`t worry, so much for her, she was conntrolling her fall completely, simply returning to the bottom to catch any that might fall. But needing to not worry and actually not worrying were separate matters. Charlie stopped climbing to watch her landing. "Just to make sure." He told himself.

Besides feats of magic and flight. The rest of the climb was uneventful. Charlie was the very last person to start climbing, besides Sonni but she had just demonstrated that he could move freely as a bird might. Even at the back of the stack Charlie could hear clearly that avatar he almost shot and the Viking Axeman speaking to her.

"Inoue. What is the status on this floor and the imediate proximity behind the doors?"
Charlie swiftly tabbed the Commander Channel with his free hand.
<< "Sir, somethings not right. I find it hard to believe a dead man is sending help." >>

Before Charlie got a response from the LC the lights all died, worse, there was a ominous sound from bellow. Charlie looked down to see if anything was wrong with Sonni but the darkness prevented that, he hadn`t engaged his NV while climbing, he'd had more than enough light to see well.

Corporal Fiore had been the first of many to speak up.
[Hey! Hologram, whats the matter?]
Marines had a very good noise discipline instilled in them, else wise there would have been panic and the channels would have filled with many voices looking for answers. Still this was highly troubling.

More troubling was her response.
[I do n......]
The rest had be cut off with a volume of static.

Charlie heard the SHISF Trooper trying to question the machine women.
"¤Go back to... Inoue, what are you trying to do?¤"

Yet, the ordeal was only getting worse by the secound. Now the shaft was illuminated by Orange lights, less of them sure, these lights were some kind of warning lights. Charlie knew that much. Far more distressing was the slow inexorable retraction of the ladder. Charlie would survive a fall from this height, the armor would absorb most of the impact or Sonni might catch him. Yet, there were many people to catch, she wouldn`t be able to get them all. And there will be broken legs even with the armor. A fall could be bad head first would mean death. Charlie pushed aside thoughts of a bad fall, mostly he was worried for Sonni again. He had to find information fast. At he very least some how stop the ladder. Maybe jamming his rifle there might do it. The sound got louder, it was amlost sounding like howling or grinding or something. Charlie hoped Sonni was ok.

A voice came over the inter com, but gone was Inoue`s voice. Replaced by a male one. Given his message, Charlie dearly missed the Japense women who had made a fool of him.
[Emergency lift evacuation! Electromagnetic launch system out of order! RATO failsafe system powering up! Please fasten your seatbelt and remain in an upright position! Time to launch: 59 seconds! Emergency lift evacuation! Electromagnetic launch system out of order! RATO failsafe...]

{We will first fall far onto the elevator then be ejected into space, might surive the fall, most of us maybe, but suit breach in vacuum is death. Worse the ejection will also probably be death. Dammit it, I cant do much here. I can`t do anything, I need to check on Sonni first. I don`t think my rifle can stop this ladder. Think! LESS THAN A MINUTE! THINK!}

Charlie still had the bomb, but an explosion in close quarters like this would probably kill a few Marines, worse Charlie still had the bomb. He was at the very back of the pack. Sonni might be bale to fly it up. Yet, it would be impossible to safely set it and detonate it in less than a minute without casualties. No, then.

Sonni might be able to force a or two door open, but the ejection sequence might still activate, and could everyone get up and out in less than a minute? Maybe, this plan might work.

Everyone could jump back down the the elevator. There would be broken legs and maybe deaths but we could get out back the way we came. No, it would take to long to move all the inevitable injured. Maybe Sonni could catch everyone. Doubtful, panic would ruin any plans, and there were many in this shaft, perhaps too many. Not worth trying then.

As if to hi-light the impeding pain filled experience a certain pilot spoke over the coms.
[Commander? I reached the door to the command deck, but its sealed! You know that those lifts are designed to work as an escape pod, too? So it will launch into open space and we shouldn't be here when it does!]
{I really hope that changes soon. We won`t have long to get everyone out a door I don`t think anyway. She wand anyone else up there, have to figure out a way top stop it. I will not die here, I have promises to keep.}

The now cruel uncaring sounding male spoke again, reminding everyone one how long they had to live.
[52 seconds till departure!]
{Our suits can last long enough in space for us to be rescued, the Loroi have that other shuttle. But I feel like this all was a trap, they might leave us out in space then shoot down the boat that comes for us. I know this wasn`t an accident, I must not die here. I refuse. Maybe I should tell everyone to jump, maybe we should take our chances on the way out. No, I am a lowest on the ladder, and even from here it will be bad. I have to hope they can do something. I don`t want to die like this.}

Charlie looked down, now that he could see well enough with the orange glow from the hazard lights, he was happy to note that Sonni was completely unharmed.

Charlie was also glad to hear Thor, son of Odin, speak.
"Mr Steen! Bottom left, next to the bulkhead. Red lever. Break the glas and yank it down! If the doors don't open automatically, slide them manually. The clamps will release."
His instructions seemed very concise, like he had already been in this shaft before. Charlie had to wonder if it wasn`t all some kind of elaborate set up. He had the strongest armor. No, that was a stupid thought. He would fair as bad as the rest of us, maybe worse. At least then he was doing something good. He might know how to shut it off. Perhaps then this will not be so fatal.
He spoke again.
"Teidar. Get up here at once."
Charlie was less glad now. It was an improper way to summon his most favorite Angelic Wizard. Odd, considering that he may very well die by being scrapped off the wall by a high speed metal coffin and out into the a vacuum of space, and what annoyed him most at the current moment was that someone made a completely reasonable call to have a very competent mission member get to the top of the shaft where she was most needed. It was a highly childish and banal thing to think. Charlie had noticed he'd be hypersensitive around Sonni as of late. Perhaps not so unthinkable in hindsight. He'd eaten lunch with her everyday for a few days, had become an easy target for outlandish rumors, maybe have been spied because of those rumors, and had accepted that he felt clearly defined but sometimes confusing things for her.

Charlie looked down at Sonni once more. He heard her reply.
<< "I understand and I'm coming..." >>
Amazingly, It drew snickers from some of the Marines. Charlie felt annoyed that they were wasting time on such frivolous activities. But his brain quickly reminded him he was doing the same. Thinking about things that weren`t escaping this strange death trap. Still, Charlie knew he could do nothing from were he was, he had a whole minute of time to think about stuff. He grimly knew he couldn`t do anything else, he wounldn`t call on the radio and waste the time of the problem solvers at the top. There was simply nothing better to do right now, he had a whole minute after all. However, he knew he wasn`t being apathetic just realistic. if there was anything he could do, he'd have done it already. Leaving him with one choice, wait for those at the top to doing something.
Hurry up and wait was the phrase that came to mind.

Charlie was still looking down at Sonni. She flew up, much faster than before, she reached the top very quickly.
Charlie couldn`t see past everyone at what was happening, but he saw a light. He saw lighting cover Sonni who was at the top. Was the door stuck? Was she going to break it open? Was it open but protected by hostiles? Charlie didn`t know. As before there was nothing he could do, but now he felt bad about being helpless, he felt useless down here. Charlie truly hoped they would be quick...

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Ok, this took me longer to finish. Sorry for the delay. I hope you don't mind that me make a little jump forward and start a new scene? However, some music for you: Link]

Corporal Fiore was the first who awakened after they had got out of the elevator shaft. Her head was hurting quite a bit and she didn't know exactly what had happend. But there was no time to worry for such things now.
She looked around and realized that she was on deck 3 of that station, on the floor in front of the elevators, to be precise. She saw the others lying around were they had fallen or jumped out of the shaft, like she did, all of them started to move a few moments later. Luckily no one appeared to be seriously hurt, except from quite a bit of soot that covered them and her, too.
Apparently the door couldn't close fast enough to save them or the stations carpet from the blast of the RATO rocket and, as it seems, some parts of the door were still red hot, while others had molten to the floor. So not much time could have passed.

{Could take a while to open that door again...Oh yes... now I remember...}

She though as the memories came back to her:
Somehow she couldn't get that door open fast enough, too many damn seals on that door! She only managed to open 2 of the 5 seals in time, as suddenly the hydraulic started working, trying to open the door, regardless if the seals were open or not. She remembered the loud squeaking noise the door made, the black fume coming out of the hydraulic engine next to the door and how the seals slowly bended and the door opened.
Somehow, an unknown force kicked her and the others through the door, just in time, but thanks to the damaged seals, the blast and the heat of the RATO got through, as the door couldn't close completely.

After another moment, she grabbed her weapon and got up.

{Time to get going...}
[Everyone alright? Someone hurt?] she asked over the com unit.

[Plan of this deck: Link]

Looking around a bit more and she checked the environment for foes or possible hazards.
It looked like a bomb had detonated in here: Parts of the ceiling seemed to have been removed and simply dropped to the ground, strange cables and equipment was attached to walls and ceiling. Parts of the walls were cut open in great haste as it seemed, cables and unknown parts seem to have grown out of them. Or in other words: complete chaos.
A sign on the other side of the corridor indicated that behind a door close by were the lifesupport controlls of the station. But somehow the light on this part of the station was much more dim than usual. Regardless of that, she saw someone lying close to the elevators door, behind them, that had not been so lucky. The body was still wearing on of these formfitting female SHI uniforms and was missing her head.

{As usual...}

But the side of her body, close to the doors, was roasted from the rocket blast. She walked closer to the body and realized that something with the gravity was off as well. It was much lower than the usual 0.7G on such a station.
However, the body was still holding a datapad in her dead hand and as she touched it, it started working again, requiring a password.

[Commander? This might be of interest...]

An unknown noise behind her back let her turn around as quick as she could and raise her weapon to the possible foe. But all she saw was a small, dark yellow colored box with, what appeared to be a black lens, that somehow had been lowered from the ceiling at the end of the corridor to her left. That box followed every movement of her...

{So they know that we are here. Great!}

Without much further thinking she fired a round of her gun on that thing and watched pleased as it burst asunder in tiny parts.

{So they are not invincible... Good...}

[Sorry Sir, but they know that we are here anyway and I don't like being watched. I hope you don't mind.]
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 52

Charlie had been last of the ladder, the closet to the bottom. They must have opened the door at the top, for everyone began moving up with a speed piling through the new breach. He tried to climb fast, but being the last meant he had to wait for everyone else to get through, worse still he was starting to lag behind. Charlie might been able to carry the wheeled bomb normally but getting up the ladder quickly was impossible. He dropped it to climb faster, the Commander may be upset but the bomb may cost him his life other wise.

Charlie got near the top, he could see the open door. He got so close, but he didn`t make it, he felt the vibrations in the ladder they must have been start up sequences for the ejector rockets. Charlie climbed as fast as his arms could carry him, he felt the vibrations in the ladder and then felt something else but it was too late. He fell into a void, the deepest darkness. Charlie briefly felt something hit his head and then a quick flash of pain on most of his back, something told him that was his death. The rockets had burned him unfortunately and now he was dead.

His thoughts were slow, ponderous, he didn`t think things so much as he knew them, "Must come with being dead." he thought. Still, he'd had a decent life, could have been worse. At first Charlie wasn`t angry he was dead, but the more he thought about it the more it bothered him. He promised not to die, he wanted to kill all of the bug scum and he wanted to live longer. Charlie was feeling strange, for being dead, his back still felt like it burned, his head still hurt. Maybe he was just feeling them now, maybe he was just feeling what killed him. Yet, the more he thought, the faster his thoughts came. Now he regretted letting down Sonni, the Commander, the Staff Sergeant, the Captain and everyone else. Now his back blazed and his head throbbed, was it always like that or was he just feeling it now?

The void seemed lighter somehow, but worse still, it was filled with nondescript sounds. Random noise. To really bothered him now leaving behind Sonni for this noisy dead place. His head and back really hurt now. It wasn`t fair to leave her behind, if he could just escape this place. Charlie felt it really wasn`t his time yet, he felt it just wasn`t fair. The noise was worse now, loud and everywhere. Some of it sounded almost like words.
[E____y ____ht. S_______e hurt?]
That last bit sounded like a word, a real word. Somehow, he knew if he wanted out all he need to do was stand up. So put all of his power into his imaginary arms and legs, and stood. But he fell back down and rolled of his face onto his back. All he felt was pain. Such a pain that could wake dead men. It brought him back. He was alive, and it hurt.

Like a blindfold coming off his senses returned to him. The ceiling was black and burned, he could tell because he was on his back looking at it. His ears reported that people were around him. His back reported that it was burned. His head reported that it was in pain. He tried to remember how he got in here, he wasn`t dead but he didn`t think he made to the top in time. One clue was the pain in his head, he had bumped it, another was the burns on his back which were now hurting because he was lying on them. He could be worse, he was alive, and he had things to do.

Charlie back onto his face and pushed up, it felt both easier than it should be and harder, a good sign that he was staring to recover. The burns probably weren`t that bad, the armor had saved him, he'd be dead for real if the were. The worst injury might be the bump on his head, a knock though a helmet to make him forget was a hard one.

Charlie was standing now; looking back at the door, it was still burning, red hot and scorched everywhere. Somebody had saved him, even he had made it inside, which he didn`t, he would be dead if was closer to the door. Looking around; he mentally counted everybody, some had black on them, but nobody was hurt seriously lucky, undoubtedly Charlie was burned the worst. He was still very dizzy and had noxious felling in his stomach. But Army training had shown him that anything could be overcome with willpower, he did his best to force it from his mind.

First thing to do was check on his own squad, then check on the others. He switched to his own squads frequency.
<< "Are all of you ok? Tell me your present conditions" >>
Then to the Command Channel.
<< "Sergeant Aldridge, a little crispy but ok. I'm waiting for conformation but I believe Charlie Squad is unharmed." >>
And finally to the general channel.
<< "This is Aldridge, did someone pull me though the door? I don`t think I made in time. Who got me in?" >>
He had to ask, whom ever had saved him he owed his life to.

It was a trivial matter to clean his rifle which had been on his back, it was a strong weapon and had less damage than he did. But he was ready, he'd check the status of his squad and wait for the Commanders orders.

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Hadrid looked around, quickly inspecting his men. Hearing corporal Fiore calling him, he started moving to her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Commander? This might be of interest...]

An unknown noise behind her back let her turn around as quick as she could and raise her weapon to the possible foe. But all she saw was a small, dark yellow colored box with, what appeared to be a black lens, that somehow had been lowered from the ceiling at the end of the corridor to her left. That box followed every movement of her...

{So they know that we are here. Great!}

Without much further thinking she fired a round of her gun on that thing and watched pleased as it burst asunder in tiny parts.

{So they are not invincible... Good...}

[Sorry Sir, but they know that we are here anyway and I don't like being watched. I hope you don't mind.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hadrid turned toward Fiore's target. Seeing broken devise falling to the floor.

[Drone? We need to move.]

Fione handed over datapad. It's locked sir.

Hadrid grabbed roasted device which lighted up with touch. Seeing password demand line he activated his personal computer and activated connection between both computers.

Hacking datapad account:
computers roll : 2d6 + 5 + 5 = 21 critical success Let see what we got here.

POST 49

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonni lie crumpled on the floor furthest down the hallway. Her shields were down and her head was a splitting headache of overexertion... she had reacted in panic stretching the use of her talents too far after her head trauma only a few days past. What would have normally have been just strenuous and taxing was now hurtful ... her head throbbed with the effort.

She had not thought of it she had reacted...

She was opening the doors when she heard the firing of the elevator RATO rockets... and the rush of air as the top of the shaft was opened to vacuuum without the seal of the doors as would normally happen for she had forced the doors to their floor ... and the doors to the hanger were held open and not shut either... and oversight on her part.

Suddenly the shaft was a wind tunnel as all the air on the hanger deck and the command floor were trying to rush out at the same time!

To make matters worse.. she had locked the elevators emergency breaks so the RATO rockets were only slowly pushing the elevator us the shaft... the measure had saved those in the shaft from being struck and likely seriously injured perhaps killed along with being swept out of the station on uncontrolled vectors into space. but her efforts had only brought her a few precious seconds... then all would be swept from the station... including her Charlie...

She had just reacted lashing out with her telekinetic strength she grabbed hold of everything not attached to the station within her reach and down the shaft... no time for precision and she flung everything she could grab - all up the shaft and out the door to the command Deck...

So much for Loroi arrogance.. the weight was in fact more than she could lift the armored suits of the marines, the powered armor of the SHI soldier Torleif it was all just too heavy. So she pushed herself to go beyond her limits... and like working a muscle too hard she had hurt herself to do it.

The Loroi Dorazor had theorized that telekinesis somehow tapped into fundamental forces of the quantum or even sub-quantum superstrings of space-time itself in effect changing the gravitational constants of the universe from behind the back of space itself. It was still theory for the Loroi psychokinetic violated the laws of thermodynamics with their every effect... it was the only way to explain where the energy for cause and effect, action and equal and opposite reaction came from and could be so violated. In truth no one really knew the truth...

but the effect of what Sonni did was fast... suddenly all in the shaft were briefly weightless then gravitational 'down' became up... and bent... into the floor area of the Command deck. Immediately they all fell up.. including the bomb Charlie had dropped as it was within the event horizon of her telekinetic effect. They all fell up the shaft and were then suddenly slammed by the bent gravitic forces into a differing perpendicular vector as gravity twisted and they fell laterally onto the command deck and dropped unceremoniously and roughly retaining unfortunately some of the inertial velocity as Sonni dropped the effect only able to hold onto it very briefly from the exertion.

If that had been all she did... perhaps she would have not hurt herself so much but the rush of air had to be stopped or they would still all be swept out into the shaft... and ultimately out into to space...!

Gritting her teeth Sonni willed the electrical motors and pumps on the door to close again.

However, due to the fact she had not taken into account the seals that Corporal Fiore had been trying to cut through when she forced the door open.. it did not close fully or quickly... and her gravitic telekinetic effect had the added effect of actually sucking the flames of the RATO rockets onto the floor even before the elevator had passed the command deck on its way to space. The slowly disintegrating elector emergency stop breaks only made it worse as the elevator roared by laboriously letting the rocket engines fire wash over the deck as she was trying to force the doors close.

The effort was just too much.. her head exploded with agony.. a pain felt by all her crewsisters before she lost consciousness. She cried out in pain, a brief gasp before being flung like the rest to the floor ... blackless claiming her mind...

{..I have to save Charlie...! I have to~...} "Aaah...Arrgh~ uhhn!"

Sonni did not know how long she was out... perhaps not long. Slowly consciousness returned to her and with it pain... she lie still trembling from involuntary mirco-seizures that wracked her as her mind attempted to right itself. Her neurons firing uncontrollably from her over-stressed efforts...

Her mind was racing, {Oh spirits.. that hurt... oh no... the enemy! They may be near... I have to stand .. have to be ready to fight... get up .. GET UP..!!!}

Sonni tried to stand and only managed to roll over on her side and groan painfully.. across the marine net << ["Uhhh.. 'gasp'.. mhhmuh..."] >>

Her legs trembling uncontrollably... and her arm flopping uselessly, tangled in the strap of human Assault Gauss rifle...

Total Cost: 20EP {drop telekinesis, force field, environmental influence} / Current Energy: 30

Pushing Attribute {p. 210} and Dramatic Feats {p.148}... effectively Sonni 'pushed' her telekinesis a level and spent 20 energy points to give her a +2 to the roll to push her attribute. I will leave it to the GM if he wishes to charge Sonni for the Advancement point to do this since it was 'sort of' a scripted thing. Whether she succeeded or failed is a forgone conclusion at this point obviously she succeeded.. either case is an advancement point is charged she just spent 1 xp into her telekinesis ... she'll need another 6 to raise her base TK to lvl 2. but for story this is how I'm hoping to define this miraculous safely arriving on the Command Deck floor.

[ P78 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

[OOC: Just a small, but (hopefully) interesting update today. ;) ]

[Drone? We need to move.]

Hadrid said to her.

[I am not sure sir. It looked more like a surveillance camera of some sort. Nevertheless I suggest that we destroy them on sight.]

She then handed over the pad and watched curious how Hadrid easily managed to hack the password.

[Not the first time, you are doing this?] She asked him, not expecting an answer.

Within the pad there was not much useful information, as most of it was corrupted.
Among other things:
-It belonged to a SHI scientist and her name was Dr. Irmgard Jaeger.
-A list of vegetables currently grown in the experimental gardens on the station.
-The Names of the last few Chess Champions of the station.
-Various complaints over rude TCA personal.
-A complete edition of Goethes "Faust".
And more interestingly, the last video message that had been send from that device, still lurking in the outbox.

Starting the recording an 40ish years old female appeared on the screen, with shoulderlong strawberry blond hair, emerald green eyes and quite a few freckles on her skin. The recording was done in some kind of lab, judging from the stuff appearing in the background and apparently Dr. Jaeger was in great haste, as she was speaking very fast and walking somewhere, while the stations alarm could be heard:
[Dr. Levetzow I think we can use IT against them. I and my team just need a bit more time and more of the stations power. Yes, Commander Grant won't like that, I know! But why use those primitive peashooters with an uncertain outcome, if we can easily protect the entire station with the field IT produces?]
The following about 5 minutes were corrupted, too. However, the end could be played:

Directed to someone in the background she shouted:
[...so! Was machen sie da? No! Redirect more power to deck 8! We need this power to start the new generator! They are too fast for our guns anyway!]

and again facing the camera, with tear filled eyes:

[Radoslaw! I fear it might be too late. Try to get to deck 8 and activate IT! Its our only hope... Good luck! ... I love you!]

As the recording ended, the strange noises of the station filled the air again. Silence filled with the sound of unfamiliar equipment and the feeling that something or someone was watching them.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Hadrid shut down the device and dropped it to the floor. Hearing strange noises again he turned facing it's source.

[Squads, let's move, CIC is right ahead. Let's hope it will give us some clues about current situation.]

Hadrid started moving in the direction of the CIC doors, leading 3 teams behind him.

POST 50

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Post number: 53

Charlie heard a gun shot further along in the hall, he turned to see what was being fired on. Far be it from enemy contact, Corporal Fiore had shot some kind of drone. Since the Commander didn`t give any orders regarding it Charlie put it from his mind. He set to work checking his squad.
Yellow Sun - Fine
Ashe-Eyes - Fine
Sonni - Not Fine, the other two were crowding around her, clearly she was hurt. Odd, Charlie didn`t see anything happen to her. He had being out of it for a bit. Still, he felt bad for not reacting faster.
Charlie could see Sonni wasn`t ok, she was on her back, she looked bad. Charlie

started moving in that direction. His own head was still throbbing, it must have been a hard knock through his helmet to knock him unconscious. His back was burned a little, the armor had saved his life undoubtedly, any lesser armor and he'd have being cooked alive. But Marine armor was vacuum sealed so it could with stand high temperatures but back blast from rail rockets was very much higher. He must have a few blisters and a a various first and secound degree burns but nothing serious really, just a bit of pain.

Then how did she get hurt? He wondered. He'd been the last one through the breach, someone had pulled him through. She didn`t look burned. What hurt her? Charlie mused on these things are he moved closer.

He saw her roll over, he saw his radio come online, it showed her as broadcasting on Charlie squads frequency.
<< "Uhhh.. 'gasp'.. mhhmuh..." >>

Charlie could see she was hurting. She was shaking, she was trying to stand but she didn`t seem able to. Charlie all but ran to the fallen Loroi, Charlie couldn`t see what was wrong with her there was nothing wrong with the outside of her armor. Regardless, he knew something wasn`t right. Maybe, that Loroi Ghost kid, maybe. She was making progress, she was already on her knees, but she looked unsteady.

"Sonni... no wait, don`t... lay back down, don`t try get and up... wait a while, where are you hurt? Whats wrong? Tell me..."
Charlie wanted to keep her down, but he remembered what had happened to Doctor Noel, he kept his hands back.
{Dammit, I don`t know what to do, I don`t have anything to give her. Morphine might be as well be poison to her, damn this.}

He turned to the two Loroi.
"What happened to her? Is she ok? What can I do?... Was it that other one?"

Charlie heard the Commanders Orders over the coms.
<< "Squads, let's move, CIC is right ahead. Let's hope it will give us some clues about current situation." >>

Charlie switched to the Private Command Channel.
<< "Commander, I have wounded. I don`t know what happened, it may have be some kind of mental attack, I don`t know if I can move her yet. Sonni.. I mean Sonnidezzi the Loroi Group Commander, she`s down, I don`t know what I can do for her. I will stay here for the moment, I don`t want to abandon her here. I'll move up with the squad as soon as I am able." >>

Charlie turned back to the Loroi.
"Can you do anything for her? Do you want happened?'

Charlie split his attention between watching out for a surprise attack, and the fragile Loroi struggling on the ground.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sonni had heard the gunshot and feared they were under attack... but then she heard his voice and his insistent and growing concern in his voice... he called her name.

Taking deep breaths and forcing calm through the rush of adrenaline {or the equivalent for Loroi}

Sonni spoke softly, << ["C-Chaar-lee? I-I'm ok.. I telekinetically picked everyone up and flung us all onto the Command deck... it was more than I ...c-could normally lift! I've p-pushed myself too.. hard is all. Like straining a muscle to hard.. I'll ..r-recover.. just a little weak now."] >>

Sonni slowly... weakly gets to her feet on her own... she is obviously weary her breathing coming in long gasps. Resolutely, the petite Loroi woman shoulders the human rifle and moves slowly to follow the advance of the Marines.

She favors Charlie with a gentle smile... but a telling detail is she is manifesting no more psychokinetic effects...

[ P79 ]
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke