Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC] 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 771
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
OOC: Finally a new part.

For the Loroi:


{If it comes down to the mission being jeopardized by 'Snow-White'.. I will deal with her as needed... if that includes a blaster shot to the head... I'll not let our mission fail!}

The well trained Mizol easily found out about Sonnis uneasy feelings. She had been in such situations before: was stuck between a rock and a hard place, as the humans like to say. Or as they say at the Mizol academy: The mission comes first, allways! It was a hard lesson for her to lern, back then and she couldn't help but feel sorry for that Teidar. But there wasn't any other choice. In an emergecy, she had to stop that thing at any price.

{Good.} was all she could add to that topic, at leas for the moment. After a while she added, in a much weaker sanzai: {Just remember: we Loroi warrios and if we fail, the Union might do so as well.}

{Icosahedron? Is it some Umiak technology they have seized? If it is Terran technology.. does it matter, they are so behind us in technical advances there is little we could learn from any of their obsolete technology, other than the curious novelty of it?}

Twilightsaber didn't answer at first. But then she decided to explain some things to her, she had learnd from that Human captain:

{From what I know, it is nothing the shells or the Humans have build. They apparently found it in this system. The captain wasn't willing to tell me more about it and I got the impression, that he didn't know more about it. However, it was so important that they took it with them and its now aboard this ship. So.... if its neither Human or made by the enemy, who could have build it and what is it? I would like you to find out.} She made a brief pause in her monologue to study her reactions and then added: {There is something else. Something you should keep in mind, that is the whole reason for my interest in that object. You know how long it took us from the first primitiv flying machines to the first object we had send into Deinars orbit? The humans needed less than 54 years to do that. Impressiv, isn't it? Now imagine how long it will take them to close that gap... Yes, their technology might be primitive now, but who knows howlong it will stay that way?}

A few hours later in the cargobay:

A frezy of activity filled the area. The chief had managed to bypass at least some of the SHI securitysystems and had managed to activate the elaborate sensors around the Icosahedron. Some of those scanners seem to have been modified extensively or even been invented for the purpose of scanning that thing. Abramovic wasn't even sure what he was looking at, most of the time.

[Hm... according to those readings here, there must be some kind of energysource inside. Somthing powerfull, yet small. But I am sure it does more than that... Hadrid, you mentioned Science Fiction before. Aren't there sometimes forcefields in those stories? Could it be something like a forcefield generator?]

The Chief starred at the strange object for a while and added:

[Maybe we can pierce that shield? Or should we wait for that encrypthed data from SHI, so we know better what we are doing?]

An eletronic voice could suddenly be heard over the ships speakers:

[Attention! Five minutes till Jump.]

Chief Abramovic grunted: [Seems we have less time than anticipated.]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1067
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonnidezzi pondered the implications, {Do you think it might be ...Historian Tech? I'm Teidar... perhaps I should have one of the Doranzer Techs accompany me?}

Stormrage considered Twilightsaber's discoveries about the rate of human technical advancement...

Sonni replied {That is not just impressive it 'seems' impossible considering how long it took the Loroi Union to make the same advancement... which says to me.. outside help! But who and why? They claim that the only alien contact they had was recently with the Orgus? Do you think they are lying? And if they are not.. why is their benefactor choosing to remain hidden perhaps even from them? Many questions my Mizol... answers I'm not sure we'll be getting for some time yet.}

Sonnidezzi stands speaking, "I am unsheathed... always. I will accomplish our mission, and endeavor to get some clear answers."

Sonni leaves the Mizol's quarters her thoughts troubled thinking, {... is there some as yet shadowy alien manipulation going on behind the scenes that has not yet revealed itself? But Who... and more importantly Why?}

Sonni approached the Doranzor lead Technician using Sanzai, {I require the assistance of one of your technicians for a task Twilightsaber has assigned to me. I think Midnighteye.. will do just fine.} Sonni indicated the darkhaired but pale blue eyed Loroi woman currently working on trying to help prepare food supplements that were more healthy to Loroi physiology than the human foodstuffs.

Sonnidezzi led Midnighteye from the Loroi living space heading for the engineering... her usual Marine escort had gotten use to Sonnidezzi roaming about the ship but were a little curious as to why she was leading another Loroi woman toward engineering. Likely they were paying more attention to Sonni's shapely swaying hips of her walk... she had learned to use that to distract. Clearly it had worked as she was at the door to main engineering before the Marines were just about to bar her entry, realizing where she was heading too late; when she triggered the comm at the door and spoke, "This is Stormrage, my Mizol Twilightsaber has informed me that you have an unknown artifact that you might require some technical assistance on understanding.. I'm here to offer the assistance of one of our engineers.. with the understanding of equally and fully sharing of information of anything we discover jointly."

That was when the klaxon sounded indicating jump in 5 minutes

Sonnidezzi scowled, {...of all the inconvenient times!}

[P 99]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Chief Abramovic grunted: [Seems we have less time than anticipated.]
Hearing the FTL warning Hadrid turned towards the chief [Well, let’s wait for files to be decrypted before we do something about it. Better be safe.]
[This is Stormrage, my Mizol Twilightsaber has informed me that you have an unknown artifact that you might require some technical assistance on understanding.. I'm here to offer the assistance of one of our engineers.. with the understanding of equally and fully sharing of information of anything we discover jointly.]
Hadrid turned towards the door and approaching it, clicked the button on the panel which opened the doors.
[Miss Stormrage] Hadrid made a small nod and moved back a bit to make room for guests to enter a cargobay. [I see you also took interest in object we found on the station.]
Pointing the object with his head [As you heard, we are about to jump, so if you wish to inspect the object please wait till we are in next system and work with my chief, he can brief you on the subject.] pointing chief Abramovic who nodded to first officer.

Sonni nodded in acknowledgement, Addressing Commander Hadrid, Replying in English, [Yes, I heard the warning alert for imminent jump ~ Its seems my timing was poorly planned. I am unfamiliar with your 'General Stations' procedures when performing jump... and I doubt my companion 'Gallen Bastobar', and I have time to return to our quarters... before jump. I'd rather not be walking the hallways during the jump... where would be appropriate for us to wait under crew supervision during jump in such a situation?]

[There shouldn't be any trouble with the jump, so please sit on chairs mounted on the wall] Hadrid pointed folding chairs mounted on the wall.

The young Loroi woman Sonni had brought with her was dressed in the Loroi trademark form-fitting bioplas uniforms that hugged every curve of her fetchingly. Her suit a cream 'off-white' with blue & black panneling pinned in a dark green rank coloring as compared to Sonnidezzi's gold with green and black paneling and cobalt blue rank coloring more heavily armored bioplas suit. The young Loroi engineer had a startling shock of shoulder length magenta-colored hair and she moved to some un-heard que to stand at Sonnidezzi's side clearly anticipating and ready to comply with any instructions for jump 'General Quarters' procedures.

[When you strap in, wait till Chief engineer tells you it's save. Then you can proceed with your tasks. Unfortunately I have other duties to attend at this time and must leave you.]
Making sure everything is all right Hadrid left the bay nodding to saluting security officer who was escorting the Loroi.

Stormrage quietly followed the security officers instructions and the Engineer Chief's direction to acceleration seats and sitting after being shown how human seat clasps worked strapped first her companion Magenta-haired Doranzer Engineer then herself. Making sure the chest belts were snug on both... incidentally accentuation their petite and rather fetching female figures quite nicely.

Then turning her gaze toward him she addressed the Chief Abramovic her large pretty green eyes full of curiosity her head of soft blonde hair framing her more than attractive face, [Since we are here and can do little right now save converse Chief Engineer 'Abamvic'.. perhaps you might inform us of the nature of the artifact you have discovered and what in short is so perplexing about it's composition and or function?]

Clearly though her grasp of English is complete her pronunciation of the engineer's name is not...

The room slowly begins to fill with the scent of loroi... that acrid fresh sea-water mixed with burnt vanilla aroma..

---------------
[] - spoken English
"" - spoken trade
..abc... - thoughts
{} - senzai


Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:07 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 771
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
OOC: Wow, it has been almost 3 years and one month since my last post. Thanks everyone, that you still want to play! That means a lot to me.
Anyway, I dusted of my old notes for you and will try to fix the broken links to maps, etc... as soon as I can. I think I still have these images somewhere on one of my HDDs.

In the cargobay:


Abramovic looked at Stormrage and Midnighteye, as the Commander had left them. He had to admit, that they indeed looked like human woman to him and the differences in skin color were less dramatic than he had expected. A rather pleasant surprise.
[Since we are here and can do little right now save converse Chief Engineer 'Abamvic'.. perhaps you might inform us of the nature of the artifact you have discovered and what in short is so perplexing about it's composition and or function?]

[Well, glad you were asking Mrs. Stormrage. My name is Chief engineer Yoel Abramovic. Nice to meet you. We might not have much time now, but I can show you the artifact...]
While speaking he lead them deeper in ther cargo bay, around various supply crates, bits and pieces salvaged from the destroyed station, as well as some parts found adrift after the fight with the Umiak ship had ended.
Then they reached some kind of cubical made of thick, semi transparent foil, maybe five by five meters in diameter. Some kind of makeshift airlock was connected to it on one side, made from the same material. Various pipes seemed to pump fresh air in and used air out of said cubical. It was clear from first sight, that this cubical and whatever might be inside, was hermeticaly sealed from the outside.

[We increased security here, since the last time I showed this to an officer...] the chief said to them and added jokingly: [...but don't be afraid. It hasn't eaten anyone. Yet.]

Stormrage and Midnighteye could make out the outlines of various things and objects inside of the cubical. Most of them looked like various kinds of scientific instruments placed on tripods around something in the middle, further on the inside of the cubical. Something that was just hanging there. But they could not see any strings attached to it. Its shape was a rather complex geometric one.

[We call it the icosahedron. Well... at least thats what the guys from SHI called it. And I have to give them credit: it does indeed look like some kind of 20 sided dice.]

For Stormrage:
Spoiler: show
For the first time since a long while, Sonni was surprised to not sense something with her electronic abilities. She could easily detect those sensors around that object and she had to admit that they were much more complex than anything human, she had seen and sensed so far. No doubt they were from that station and did not originate from Cydonia.
But that thing in the middle of the cubical... That thing just hanging there... looming on the inside... she couldn't sense a tiny bit of it. As if it wasn't even there.
She had never sensed something like that of better: the absence of anything before.
Somehow this presence, this void, filled her with some kind of fear, almost on an instinct like level.


A computer generated voice reminded them:

[...Jump in 4 Minutes...Jump in 4 Minutes...]

[So... ] Abramovic added while looking Sonni in the eyes [...do you want to have a peak inside before we jump?]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1067
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Stormrage pondered the plastic hermetically sealed containment for several quiet moments...

In sanzai she consulted with Midnighteye briefly... {Are you sensing what I am sensing? The Absolute void? Could this be the Umiak cloak used to shield from our farseers?}

Fortifying her personal Mind shields for mental battle... Stormrage sent a direct forceful telepathic probe at the object seeking a mind or any mental contact or telepathic reaction from the object...

Telepathy {Lv5 w/Amp}, Mind+5 - Psionic Attack AV8{10 w/Telepathy} = Roll 11, https://www.random.org/dice/?num=2

Then turning to the Chief Engineer, [Chief Yo-el, did the SHI have any records of this ...artifact's reaction to hyperspace jumps? I assume it was recovered from the Umiak ship, correct? It seems to be floating in a localized gravity field of its creation...considering the mathematics of Hyperspace jumps and their reaction to gravity fields has this been figured into your navigator's jump calculations? As I can perceive it currently... it has no active electromotive circuitry components in its structure. Is it being inertia dampened because of its own gravity field? All starships have such inertial dampeners built into the jump drives and hulls to keep ships and crews from being torn apart by transition to hyperspace... has this 'object' been considered?"]

["Otherwise... I can detect a void in its presence and absolute utter nothingness from its proximity...which of course is impossible because 'something' inside it must be generating power to lift and maintain its gravity field yet... I sense a hole of nothingness. Your~... The SHI's Corporations sensors are powered and I can detect them.. which clearly demark the absolute void the object represents. It's... quite frightening ...actually."]

["No. I do not think I want a 'peek' at it... in fact I think I'd rather not transition through hyperspace in the same room with it.. and neither do I think you should either until we understand the threat.. YES Threat.. this object represents."]

Then in sanzai {Twilightsaber... I believe the Loroi Union has a significant problem. I believe the humans may have discovered the device/technology the Umiak are using to hide themselves from our Farseer's scans. The humans have not figured out how it works.. and I suspect it is not even Umiak technology.. there is potentially some third alien unknown party involved in giving tech to the Umiak that defies analysis. I am unsheathed ~ Always...what are Your Orders my Mizol?}

[P 100]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Last edited by sunphoenix on Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Some time before the jump to next solar system, Mizol Twilightsaber left her room and entered the lobby in front of the Loroi quarters. Looking around, receiving senzai reports she saw a familiar face.
Ensign Cho was sitting at the bench with paper bag in her hands. She was pale and was breathing heavily. Parat approached her.
[Ensign Cho, are you well? Do you need medical help?]
Cho looked at her and trying get it together said. [Thank you Ma’am, I will be fine] …coughing … [It will pass soon. I have fear attacks before the jumps.]
Twilightsaber sat next to her which made Cho move a bit as if she was a bit confused or troubled.
[I’m sorry I didn’t wanted to …] [No no no it’s fine] Cho smiled faintly.
[Fear attacks? Do humans have a different vulnerability for jump sickness?]
[It is individual thing, some of us have just a headache, while others have trouble breathing.] Cho made another deep breath into the paper bag. [Rest don’t have any syndromes or require medical attention at all.]
[I see] Twilightsaber smiled [I hope you get better soon, ensign.]
[Thank you Ma’am.] Cho nodded and smiled [If I may ask Ma’am, how are you settling in? Do you require something? Captain ordered me to make sure you have all comedies you need for duration of our travel.] Cho made another deep breath in the bag. She was looking better and better with every breath. Her pale skin returning slowly to her normal state.
[Thank you ensign for your concern. We are fine as we are, however I will inform you if we need something.] Twilightsaber nodded. Shaking her black curved hair and making short friendly smile.
[It’s no problem, you can also ask Commander Ferox anytime, I’m sure he can be assistance and he have higher authority than me.] Cho turned her head forward and smiled under her nose.
Twilightsaber made faint scoff [I’m afraid Commander Ferox is ...] Twilightsaber bit her lip for the moment, she didn’t want to offend Cho’s commanding officer. She didn’t know what would she report back to her superiors. [Myself and my comrades have mixed experience dealing with your first officer.]
[How so?] Cho snapped back, surprised turned her head to the Mizol.
[Sorry, I shouldn’t complain to you about this things, I don’t want you to feel conflicted in the matter.]
[It’s no problem. I report straight to the Captain when it comes to your wellbeing, but I’m surprised, maybe there is some misunderstanding?]
Twilightsaber looked around to see if there is no prying eye or ears to hear their conversation said [Well if you put that this way, I’m not sure, It seems that your Commander feels wary about us. Most of your crew is more welcoming to us than he is. It’s like he has a grudge against us or something like that.]
[Grudge?] Cho said, surprised [Why should he have any grudges toward any of you, Ma’am? I can only say, that Commander Ferox takes his duty seriously and he wouldn’t let his personal opinions get in the way. Like most Aldeans would do.] Cho bent paper bag and hid it in her hip pocket.
[I don’t know] Parat thought for moment [Maybe It’s because he is a male and need to deal with us?]
Cho raised her eye brow and said with a smile [That can‘t be it... We are also here.] trying to imply presence of female humans aboard the ship. [Commander Ferox doesn’t have issues working with women from what I know.]
Twilightsaber smiled and blinked like she tried to buy herself a few moments to continue conversation.
[I think, it is the best to resolve misunderstandings by simple conversation, Ma’am.] Cho smiled and turned her head towards the officers quarters and she saw Ferox returning . [I saw him returning to his quarters just before the jump.]
Twilightsaber looked confused [I.. don’t think this would be good idea to interrupt him…] she was cut by Cho instant reaction [No no no it its perfect, commander Ferox practices open door policy to crew members, when he is off duty.] Cho sounded excited, her eye shining.
[Open door policy? What do you mean?] the Mizol said, not understanding Cho proposition.
[Hmmm… Commander Ferox offers all personnel the chance to come to him and speak his or her mind.] Cho explained. [I think it would be the perfect opportunity to explain all misunderstandings. Trust me Ma’am!] Cho smiled and rose up.
[Well…] Twilightsaber rose up [If you say so, but what if he doesn‘t want to talk with me?]
[If he does so, I will punch him in the nose!] Cho said in a sudden outburst and tightened her fist. Both women made a short laugh and went towards the officers quarters.

In officers quarters:

Hadrid sat in his chair. He reached his quarters just enough time before the jump to rest. While he didn’t suffered jump sickness, he hated it. It’s always the same for him: like somebody would grab his head and shake it like a drink in a shaker for a 2 or 3 seconds and then followed by pain, with the symptoms shortly afterwards, like it never happened.
He rose up and removed his hoody, placing it in the wardrobe, put his revolver in the desk drawer and untied his long boots so his feet could get some rest. Sitting back in the chair he grabbed a stainless steel mug and filled it with water. Taking a sip he heard the doorbell.
[Enter] He said putting his mug on the desk.
The door opened and he saw Ensign Cho who saluted him and spoke [Sir, there is a Loroi who wishes to speak with you.] Cho moved a bit to the side, to make space and instantly the tall, black haired Loroi with her green emerald eyes entered his room.
[Greetings Commander, I hoped we could spent some time to address concerning matters at our hands.] Twilightsaber said diplomatically, remembering Cho advices.
Hadrid rose up from his chair to greet his guest, looking at the Mizol in her bioplas under armour jumpsuit. Dark Green in total with dark red marks.
[Of course, please... come in.] Hadrid pointed with his hand, inviting Loroi in. [I will leave you, Sir.] Cho saluted and with a smile, she pressed a button on the wall that closed the door.

Twilightsaber entered and sat on the bed’s edge. [Thank you, commander.] She looked around the room. It was small room with a standard bed, wardrobe, desk, chair and bookstand filled with various square objects unknown to her. Behind bed there was smaller door which led to another room. While there were main lights on room’s ceiling only small amber lights glowed around, creating a warm, yet a bit mysterious atmosphere.
She smiled when she saw Commander started cleaning his desk from strange objects similar to the things on the bookstand. When one of the thin objects slowly fell to the ground next to her, she reached for it.
[What is it?] Twilightsaber said fascinated picking up some kind of cards, made of paper, that were filled with writing. Touching it she was surprised with the slipperiness of it.
Finishing his quick cleaning, Hadrid looked at the Loroi sitting in his room. [Paper.] Hadrid said while sitting back in his chair, in front of her playing with the sheets. [Paper…] Twilightsaber repeated after the human. [What is it for?]
Hadrid smiled [We used it for writing things down. Bundled together we call those things books.] He reached for one book from his desk and handed it over to her.
She took the book and slowly started browsing it. She was fascinated with the simplicity of this object. [I didn’t see any of those “books” around the ship.] she rose up and approached the bookstand and started touching the other books with her fingers.
[Well, we use electronic devices to store data and texts nowadays.] She turned towards him and handed back the book to him, which he put back on his desk.
She looked at that human male sitting in front of her. She remembered his actions and working together with repairing the sensors. If nothing else he was tall and strong. More so than the ambassador they send them. His pinkish skin, brown hair and blue eyes were exotic to her yet she couldn’t refuse the thought of attractiveness of the male in front of her. Adding that she was alone in closed apartment didn’t help at all. She even cursed herself remembering scowl she gave Stormrage for her interactions with that human called Aldridge.
Feeling building pressure form silence she sat back on the bed, crossing her leg and putting her hands on her knees.
[Well… I wished to talk about some matters with you Commander.] She said hoping to resolve silence and move conversation forward.
[Yes I would like that, too. However I wish to apologize to you first] Hearing those words she looked at him, her eyes shining.
[For what?] She sounded confused, like she didn’t expect that.
[For not giving you and your crew the credit of trust. I didn’t gave you chance to prove yourself.] he sounded troubled, yet sincere. [I acted, based on what I heard about your people from the Orgus, while I should have judged you by your actions.]
Twilightsaber looked at him and with simile like she would won, said [I understand it commander, I hope in future our people can break the barriers dividing our races.]
Hadrid smiled and rose up, extending his right hand. Mizol looked at extended hand, she known the human custom of shaking hands from earlier. She stood up and accepted his hand. This ritual was something she had observed before. Squeezing his hand she felt a warm, welcoming feeling. …I can’t sense him, I’m touching him and still nothing… What a mystery...

…There was only a new faint senzai presence similar to Aldridge, touched by Stormrage and gone when her hands ended touching ech other…

Sitting back on their places, Twilightsaber decided to wait with official matters and go on with some small talk to break the ice even more. …No reason not to try, Stormrage won’t have fun alone… she thought.
[Commander Ferox, I think it would be... beneficial to know each other better. Won‘t you agree?] she looked at him, with a faint smile, inspecting his reactions, but he only rose his right eyelid in surprise.
[Fair enough but you will share your story in exchange.] He said, his voice sounded a bit agitated.
[Fair enough, Should I start?] Seeing a nod from the male in front of her she continued. [Can you tell me the meaning of your name? Spoken names have deep meaning for us Loroi.] She explained.
[My name is Hadrid, my family name is Ferox. In acient languages my name would mean …] pausing for moment [Hadrid is a name for a “Stone Spirit” which comes from ancients texts and Ferox stands for wild/ferocious/untameable.]
Thinking for a moment more Hadrid said with pride voice [“Wild Stone Spirit”, that is.]
[“Wild stone spirit”, how fitting...] she said with pleased voice …it’s nice fit for his temper but ‘untameable’ sounds also fun, I wonder how many sisters would get excited at sound of such a male’s name …
[Your name suits you Commander, As you already know my spoken name is Beganenzit which means “Twilightsaber”] Twilightsaber put her left hand on her chest.
[Began_enzit] Commander said with bit struggle, dividing Mizol’s name in to two parts. … that’s what I call tongue exercise, Ben-zit sounds more fun and short… he thought
[Sorry, I take it that Loroi don’t have family names?]
Twilightsaber giggled under her nose hearing Hadrid saying her name, she liked how he said it, with this human exotic accent. Returning to her former pose, she answered.
[No we don’t, in our society spoken names are a rarity, give only to those who would need them like ship to ship communication, trading with another species and so. I’m interested in those „family names“. Can you explain this naming system for me?] Beganenzit leaned forward
[Family name concept?] the Loroi nodded [Family names come from different cultures, but nowadays they help to identify a person in our society. For Example I inherited my family name after my father, my mother took his family name when they got married.]
[Got married? It is some kind a mating ritual?] Beganenzit asked interested in the subject
[Not exactly] Hadrid giggled [Marriage is the term for long official relationship with legal consequences. It’s similar to written and signed down deal between pair. In short, Men and Woman with very strong relationship get married when they want make their relationship fully official.]
[How fascinating!] Mizol busted with interest [Do your parents have another children except you? Do you have any contact with them?]
[Yes I do, Humans tend to have strong family ties even after we mature up and leave home to start our adult lives. Home coming and spending time with our parents, siblings or cousins is common thing in human society.]
Hadrid paused for the moment , turning towards his desk, he opened one of the drawers and brought up a picture of him with his sister and parents in front of a house. Handing it over to Mizol he explained:
[Obviously in the middle is me with my sister, on my left, behind me, my father and my mother next to my sister.]
Twilightsaber took the picture of human “family” and started to look at it closely inspecting every detail following Commander’s explanation. …fascinating it’s his sister, parents I want to know more but… no I won’t dig to deep today … she thought
[You look all happy, I hope all are well?]
[Mother and sister are well, I lost my father during a diplomatic mission sent to your people.] Hadrid said with different voice it was like last part was soaked with regret.
[Lost? You mentioned a diplomatic mission but only ambassador Jarden’s ship was found. He claimed there was only one ship sent.] Twilightsaber sounded confused, her eyes shocked
[Well I assume, he didn’t know the truth: there were actually 4 ships sent, each in a different direction. Unfortunately after Bellamine, Jarden’s ship, ceased to respond, my father’s ship was sent to investigate the last known position. After the second ship ceased to report, the mission was scrubbed and everyone returned back home. Do you know something about what happened to that second ship?]
[I’m sorry, to my knowledge we didn’t have contact with other human vessels...] Twilightsaber diplomatically answered. …Now I understand his resentment: he blamed us for his father’s loss …
Hadrid looked at his watch, like he needed a bit of personal space, checking time left to his bridge shift.
… 10h till bridge shift, what to do?… He thought
He opened lower desk drawer and took out two small glasses, placed them on the desk and reaching deeper, he took out bottle labled BROWN RUM. He had confiscated that stuff from the good doctor a while ago, but never touched it.
Looking back at the black haired Loroi [You drink?] he started pouring some of it into the glasses.
[A Drink? Is it captain’s earl-grey tea?] She asked.
Hadrid chuckled and shook his head [It’s not tea, it’s a type of alcoholic liquor distilled from sugar-cane residues… sugar plant.] he handed over the full glass to Twilightsaber
Taking the glass and sniffing the strange liquid [I have never drunk such drink before, do you know if it’s safe to drink it?]
[There is only one way to find out.] Hadrid raised his glass and said [For the fallen.]
Reluctantly Beganenzit mirrored human male’s actions, finding it awkward and interesting.
… another human custom? For the fallen he said, so we drink it in memory of the fallen? I can do that…
[For the fallen, commander.]
Commander quickly drank the full glass and made faint hiss sound afterwards. It was strong stuff after all. Mimicking the males action, the Mizol tried emptying the full glass. With the Liquid in her mouth she felt a new sensation from that strange beverage. The liquid was a little dense, viscous and very sweet, but when passing through throat, a burning sensation arise.
Twilightsaber coughed, her pale blue face becoming darker every second.
[By ancestors this is something new, it burns.] She could feel warming sensation inside her like something would start boil in her stomach. Surprisingly the throat burning sensation passed away quickly.
Hadrid laughed and putting his glass on desk [Nicely done]
[Thank you, is it another human custom? To share a drink with his guests?] Beganenzit said putting back the glass at the desk.
[Yes and ..no….]

Hadrid and Twilightsaber enjoyed mutual time together, their good mood, boosted with liquor lasted for 2 hours already. Speaking on official and unofficial matters they managed to break much of ice from before. Twilightsaber enjoyed her teasing, inspecting Hadrid's reaction for her wooing, surprised he played along very well, enjoying new experience.

Beganenzit learned much about Aldean culture, it's recent history and political situation. She was surprised to learn that Hadrid is not only a "warrior" but also "craftsmen" as she could categorizing him in loroi way.
… Male...warrior...craftsmen...fascinating composition … Beganenzit thought smiling and enjoying her time with this male.
Hadrid on another hand learned much about Loroi and union. Structure, basic rules and customs, even interspecies experience ect
Fishing another shot, some mutual laugh Hadrid covered his mouth with right hand and yawned.
[Sorry Benzit]
…Benzit?.. Beganenzit risen her left eyelid surprised …He had problem with speaking my full name … BENZIT I like it, it’s like my personal name for him alone…perhaps I will make one for him... she leaned a bit forward, fixed her curly black hair, swinging it back and hooking it behind her right ear.
[Are you tiered Comma..] she was stooped in middle of the word[Hadrid... please you can call me with my first name in private]
[Thank you... Hadrid] she said giggling [But you look tierd.]
[I should rest before my shift.] Hearing his words Twilightsaber rose up and smiling said [Then I will leave you be Hadrid]
[Thanks Benzit] He rose up behind her to escort her to the doors. Before leaving, Twilightsaber turned around to face Hadrid, looking at his blue eyes,[Hadrid...]
[Is somethi...] He tried to said, cut by sudden kiss to his left cheek. [Rest well] She said, truning around and leaving the room. With doors closed, Hadrid touched kissed chick and chuckled.
… well unexpected but not unwelcome…
With quick room cleaning, shower he jumped to the bed for long desired rest before the jump.


Last edited by Beliskner on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.



Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:01 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 771
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
OOC: As I said in the OOC thread: I have a lot to do at the moment, so updates could take a while. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Time for some exposition.

In the cargobay:


Spoiler: show
Sonnis probing reveales no signs of a telepathic reaction to here probing.


[Chief Yo-el, did the SHI have any records of this ...artifact's reaction to hyperspace jumps?]

The chief looked at her a bit puzzled. [Well, not to my knowledge. Were are still waiting for the decryption of the SHI data. On the other side, I can't imagine them taking that thing to hyperspace. To me, it looks like they were trying to hide it, not take it away.]

[I assume it was recovered from the Umiak ship, correct?]

[Well... usually I would say that this information is classified. However, my orders are to cooperate with you in this matter and answer all your questions. So... No. We did not find this thing on the Umiak vessel. From what bits of SHI data I could read, I assume they found it months, maybe years ago in that system in the atmosphere of one of those gas giants. They mentioned some unusual aurora borealis there, or however they call that on a planet that is not earth.]

[It seems to be floating in a localized gravity field of its creation...considering the mathematics of Hyperspace jumps and their reaction to gravity fields has this been figured into your navigator's jump calculations?]

[I don't know why this thing is flying, Ma'am. All I can say is, that there are no gravity fluctuations around it. SHI data said they detected an energy source inside. But I can not confirm that. In fact, we can get no sensor readings in a sphere around 2 meters of that object. Even if we put the sensors inside, we receive nothing. On the other hand...]

Abramovic got hold of his sons little red rubber ball and showed it to the Loroi.

[...I experimented with this and that icosahedron. I wanted to show that to you and would love to have your oppinions on it.]

[As I can perceive it currently... it has no active electromotive circuitry components in its structure. Is it being inertia dampened because of its own gravity field? All starships have such inertial dampeners built into the jump drives and hulls to keep ships and crews from being torn apart by transition to hyperspace... has this 'object' been considered?]

[That is a valid concern. But fear not: we have everything under control at the moment. Whatever it does seems to be not gravity related, somehow. It seems inactive at the moment. At least to me.]

[Otherwise... I can detect a void in its presence and absolute utter nothingness from its proximity...which of course is impossible because 'something' inside it must be generating power to lift and maintain its gravity field yet... I sense a hole of nothingness. Your~... The SHI's Corporations sensors are powered and I can detect them.. which clearly demark the absolute void the object represents. It's... quite frightening ...actually.]

[You... can detect the sensors? How that that work? Anyway: if even you can't detect it and you seem to be unfamiliar with it... what could it be?]

[No. I do not think I want a 'peek' at it... in fact I think I'd rather not transition through hyperspace in the same room with it.. and neither do I think you should either until we understand the threat.. YES Threat.. this object represents.]

The chief looked at her, worried and answered:

[Hm...] he crawled his chin for a moment, as the computerised voice of Cydonia returned:

[Jump in 3 minutes... Please remain in a safe position...]

He looked deep into her eyes. It was not hysteria he could see there. It was fear. The kind of fear he had seen in the eyes of veterans and old soldiers. The eyes of his grandfather. This was no joke of her, he was sure of it.
He put his hand on his communicator and his voice could be heard from the speakers inside of the cargobay:

[Everyone in the cargobay: clear this area till it is considered safe again, after the jump. This is an order. Abramovic out.]

Some unhappy mumblings could be heard as the various crewmembers left the cargobay. Abramovic looked at the two Loroi.

[Allright, lets go and wait outside, till the jump is over.]

[2 minutes till jump... Please remain in a safe position and keep calm... ]

Meanwhile in the medbay:

Dr. Murakami hadn't sleeped much since they took the little girl aboard, but to his credit: he had't touched a bottle either. Not because of the "Icequeen" guarding the door to Snow and watching his every move, but because of the little girl herself.
He had seen a lot of horrible things in the past, like seeing the inside of a shuttle that was filled with schoolkids on their way back to Mars from Phobos station, whose vacuum seals had been defective... A very unpleasant sight. It took him a lot of time and sake to forget it.
But this girl...
{What terrible thing would do that to a child?}
The good doctor keept asking himself and decided that it was better to watch over her when they jump.
He went into the room were she was lying on her bed. The "Icequeen" hardly even noticed him passing by and Costello was off duty. So just him and her.
The face of the Loroi girl looked peacefull, but something was strange: her little mouth was moving as if she was talking in her sleep.
Curious, he got closer to her, as he hoped to understand what she might say.
With his ear just a few centimeters away from her, he could finally understand what she was mumbling:

[...light... there will... be... light...]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1067
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Sonnidezi pondered Chief Abramovic responses... as she moved with everyone to evacuate the cargo bay for jump.

Once they had found seating for the jump she queried him again, [Chief Yo-el, you say your assuming the SHI found the artifact many time increments before... perhaps in the system gas giants... how much of that is conjecture and how much is verified? Where the SHI found this ...thing would give much better intel as to its nature.]

She pondered...silently for a few more moments then took a deep breath coming to a decision, [You have been very forthcoming sharing 'classified' data with me and the Loroi Union appreciates it... So I shall reveal some...'sensitive' intel.. in reciprocation that may be important as well. This artifact emits a field... that my telepathic scans cannot breach. I can sense nothing within it.. this is NOT the first time we have encountered a assumed similar effect... the Umiak have demonstrated a means to mask their ships from our farseer scans... very similar to this artifact's effect but on a grander scale. Whole fleets in-fact! The Union's strategic advantage that has maintained our boarders without significant build up of military assets has been that we always knew where the Umiak were attacking from and in what numbers. Hence my insistence on finding out the origin of this artifact.]

[I do believe humaniti made contact with the Orgus? And they revealed to you the nature of the conflict between the Umiak and the Loroi? Did they inform you that before the rise of the Loroi as a space empire.. long in our distant past a precursor race of beings dominated vast stretches of the galaxy? We know of them as the Soia.]

[The Loroi are an ancient culture; but our origins are uncertain. We date back to at least the time of the fall of the Soia Empire, several hundred thousand years ago. From relics found in space, and the distribution of Loroi descendants across at least three separate star systems (Deinar, Perrein, & Taben), it is clear that our Loroi ancestors possessed starflight during the time of the Soia, but there is almost no planet-bound evidence of their society before the fall.]

[What we DO know is that the Soia possessed technology that defies even our comprehension, much higher than ours currently. This artifact could be a Soia device of some sort. But such things are outside my knowledge.]

Stormrage looked over at her Loroi companion, Midnighteye... seeking her advice in silence... letting her put in anything she might add...

Then she turned back to Chief Abramovic, [If you are certain that the artifact is not generating a gravitic field of its own... by your sensors readings... the only way I can think of for it to float like that is if it were somehow utilizing a telekinetic field to levitate! A 'pure' psionic device... we have no technology that can generate its own sanzai or psychic abilities... only devices that amplify someone already possessing such abilities. Not artificial psionic creation. Unless its NOT artifical...which could mean..there is something alive within the dodecahedron?]

[P 101]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Last edited by sunphoenix on Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:04 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 771
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
So... finally had the time to polish and post this new part Sorry to keep you guys hanging in there.

Twilightsaber stood outside Ferox quarters, baffled by what she had just done. Just why had she kissed him a moment ago? That was not like herself. Was she ill, perhaps? Or somithing else amiss? Her toughts started to wander off, to her last mating encounter, almost 10 of those human "years" ago:
His name had been Gentlesunshine, a very experinced Loroi male. His amber eyes and light skin did go well with his slightly reddish, golden hair. She still remembered his hands gently touching her skin. His caring kisses and calm thoughs in his mind. How she enjoyed their time together and they spend a _lot_ of time together... There were privileges for Mizol cast members and this was one of them. However, there would never be a second time together with him. Something that filled her mind with a bit of sorrow. Something that surprised here, as she reflected on her own emotions.

However, beeing with Hadrid felt different. He was strong, independent and tall. She could not read or manipulate his mind, even with her trained Sanzai abilities. Somehow, she could understand now why Sonni spend time with one of those humans. They werent all that bad. Not at all.
For Beliskner:
Spoiler: show
It had felt good to have him near her. Yet he felt so different than she had expected. Warmer. Something deep inside her wanted him, needed him, wanted to posses him all for herself. Make him her "partner" as the humans would call it. Various sexual images suddenly rushed to her mind, of things she would like to do. Things a dark, animalistic and well controled part of her needed to do at some point in the future. But it was not the time for something like this right now.

Yet, she struggled to leave the closed doors off his quarters. Somehow she wished those doors would open again, at least for a brief moment and let her see him again.
{Soon...} she said to herself and brought herself under controll again. She was rather happy that none of her crewsisters had withnessed what had happend and could feel her struggle to hide her attraction to this human.

A computerized voice brought her back to reality:
[Jump in 10...9...8...]

Just a short while before in the cargobay:

Info for sunphoenix:

Spoiler: show
Your Sanzai to Twilightsaber was resceived, but not answered. You only received the sanzai version "the person you are calling is currently not avaible". Very strange...


The voice of Cydonias computer could be heard again:
Jump in 1 Minute and 30 seconds

[Chief Yo-el, you say your assuming the SHI found the artifact many time increments before... perhaps in the system gas giants... how much of that is conjecture and how much is verified? Where the SHI found this ...thing would give much better intel as to its nature.]

Abramovic looked her and had to think for a moment before answering. Various thoughts crossed his minds on what to say and what to leave out. He deceided to be as helpfull as he could be. Those two Loroi seemed rather friendly and they are our allies now.

[Please, just call me Chief. Well... I can recall that they send a reaserch vessel to study those strange athmospheric anomalies there. It was called "SHIS Ninlil". I remember talking to one of the crewmembers of said vessel in a bar a while ago. Very pretty young science lady... but Polnish Vodka? I never touch that stuff ever again! Anyway: Her name was Maria and she told me back then, that they dragged something out of a gas giant. Something so important, she said, that anyone will know about it in a year or so. I laughed at her, as dragging something out of a gas giant sounded impossible. But her pretty face suddenly turned to me and she said in the coldest voice I have ever heard before or since: "or maybe no one will hear of this, ever again... Make sure you remember that and never lose a word about this!" She then just left. I wonder if it could be this thing, she talked about.]

[You have been very forthcoming sharing 'classified' data with me and the Loroi Union appreciates it... So I shall reveal some...'sensitive' intel.. in reciprocation that may be important as well. This artifact emits a field... that my telepathic scans cannot breach. I can sense nothing within it.. this is NOT the first time we have encountered a assumed similar effect... the Umiak have demonstrated a means to mask their ships from our farseer scans... very similar to this artifact's effect but on a grander scale. Whole fleets in-fact! The Union's strategic advantage that has maintained our boarders without significant build up of military assets has been that we always knew where the Umiak were attacking from and in what numbers. Hence my insistence on finding out the origin of this artifact.]

[Well... that explains a lot. If your enemy has such technology... that would make it impossible to detect them? Correct? Have you tried anything to conter this threat?]

[I do believe humaniti made contact with the Orgus? And they revealed to you the nature of the conflict between the Umiak and the Loroi? Did they inform you that before the rise of the Loroi as a space empire.. long in our distant past a precursor race of beings dominated vast stretches of the galaxy? We know of them as the Soia.]

[Yes, that is true, we are in contact with the Orgus. It was in fact our very first contact with an alien species. They told us about you and those Umiak, your war with them and so on. Very ugly stories they told us... But "precursor races" or "Soia"? I have never heard of those before. Maybe you can tell me a bit more about them? Does this thing look like anything those "Soia" made to you?]

[What we DO know is that the Soia possessed technology that defies even our comprehension, much higher than ours currently. This artifact could be a Soia device of some sort. But such things are outside my knowledge.]

[I see... so we are both lost here?]

Sonnis companion Midnighteye added:

[Those Precursors are something of a mystery to us. We have found their ruins on many planets and we know that the Soia vanished many hundreds of your years ago. No one knows for sure why or what happend to them. But we are at least certain, that they were our ancestors. Yet, little of their technology has remained intact and even less is still functional. I am not an expert of those things as well and only have seen very few of those artifacts. I can not say for certain, that this looks like something the Soia did create, but I can also not say the opposit as well. Those artifacts always are very mysterious... It is often unclear what they were used for or what materials they were made from. Maybe you have some more informations more about it? Something you observed, maybe?]

He paused for a moment and then replied:

[There is one thing I can add to it: my comrads who brought it over from the station said that it was very light, as it has little to no mass at all. One of the guys, I think it was Václav, said that it felt cold, when he touched it. He said his hand was shivering afterwads, but he was not injured in any way. And yes, he was wearing thick protective gloves...]

[If you are certain that the artifact is not generating a gravitic field of its own... by your sensors readings... the only way I can think of for it to float like that is if it were somehow utilizing a telekinetic field to levitate! A 'pure' psionic device... we have no technology that can generate its own sanzai or psychic abilities... only devices that amplify someone already possessing such abilities. Not artificial psionic creation. Unless its NOT artifical...which could mean..there is something alive within the dodecahedron?]

[]Young lady: this is an Icosahedron, it has 20 faces. A dodecahedron has only 12... he smiled at her and then the computerized voice of Cydonia interrupted them:

Jump in: 7...6...5...

Meanwhile in sickbay:

The good doctor sat on the side of Snows bed and leaned over her. He looked at her, puzzled about what she had just mumbled in her sleep.
[Light?] He whispered back to her in trade. Wondering if she would even listen.
Slowly her head started so move from one side to the other, like in disagreement and then, to his surprise, she anserwed him with a weak and somehow distant voice:
[...this... just beginning... good child... was part... of it... will walk into... the warm light... again... again... again...]

This didn't make any sense to him. What was she talking about? Was she perhaps dreaming? Looking at her again, he realized that Snows face looked calmer now. Almost happy and it showed a faint smile.
For some reason the good doctor wasn't sure if he should feel happy about that.

Jump in: 4...3..2...

At the same time on Cydonias bridge:

It was Lieutenant Mahmoud's turn to command this jump, as it was her shift. Night shift.
She had done this a million times on simulators, but this was only her second time she was doing the real thing. While sitting in the chair of the commanding officer, aka the Captains Chair, she played with her long, straight and pitchblack hair. Her also dark, almost pitchblack eyes looked around the bridge and the activities that filled it. Everything was fine, her displays tolled her and the last 10 seconds were computer controlled as well. There was nothing to worry, she told herself. Then why was she so nervous?

[Helm, status?] she asked for one final time, just to reassure herself.

[Everything is on go, sir!] the bald headed Engsin De Jong answered her with the same stoic voice, as always when she asked him that question. The last time was just a minute ago.
{There is nothing greater to conquer than one owns fear...} she toled herself and smiled.

Cydonias Computer took over:
[...1... Execute Jump]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Fri May 24, 2019 1:34 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 771
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[Another post, new System and new chapter. I hope this makes writing a new post for every player easier.
Digging through the old charcter post, I realised that I should update it for the new NPCs. -> done ;) ]


[Ok, now: new Part and new Chapter. Every player receives +10 XP ]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


[...Execute Jump...] the computerized voice had said and everything turned into a bright, white light.

In the medbay:

{uhhh.... that didn't feel right.} was the first thing that crossed Corporal Nordstroems mind. She had expirienced quite a few jumos by now, but nothing as rough as this one.
Everything was dark and she realised, that she was lying on the floor, on her back. Her attempts to stand up were cut short, as there seem to be something heavy holding her down.

With a "ping" sound, some of the lights started to work again. Backup Power seemed to have kicked in and everything as turned into a dim, orange light and a static noise could be heard through the ship speakers.
{At least, some systems are still working. Thats good. Much better than the caves on Phobos...}
Now she could see, that it was one of the medbays storage lockers, usually mounted to the wall, that was holding her down.
{It must have gotten loose somehow.}
She tried to move that storage locker away, but that didn't work. It was simply to heavy for her.
No sign of anyone else, that should be around here. But then, a series of strange noises caught her attention. As if someone was trying to find his way around various objects.
[Is someone there? Doctor? I need your... assistance...]
She really didn't want to admit to anyone, that she would need the help of the "good doctor"...
[Okay... Okay... I say it: Please!]

Those noises came closer and closer. She somehow knew why they were so strange to her in the first place: It sounded like someone walking around without any shoes, bumping into various things.
They came from within the medbay, from behind the closed door, were the patients were usually lying in their beds, resting or waiting for treatment.
That door suddenly opend open.
{I bet it's Murakami who was so drunk, that he lost his shoes...} she thought for herself, before she could see, who came in.

[Doctor...?]
Her voice just stopped as she saw it: at first, that person looked so strange and tiny, that she had difficulties grasping who it might be, that was coming closer and closer to her with every step.
The long fair hair of that person appeared to be glowing in a strange, fairy like way and was waving around the persons head somehow.
Then, to her horror, she understood who that was, that was now standing right in front of her. Smiling.
Snow.
Her blind eyes opend, as if they would look at her. Revealing a glowing, white Iris.
[You... You... will help me walk into the warm light... togehter...]
She wispered in her ear and then her tiny, ice cold hands touched her.

Somewhere else on medbay:

{That was it, for sure. I just died.} the good Doctor mused for himself, in his mind.
Travelling via hyperspace had always been a stupid idea to him. Punching holes through the barries of our universe just to find a way around the lightspeed barrier. What madness!
No wonder he needed his own, personal "medicine" to keep his hands steady.
{A bright flash of light. So thats how it is, when you are vaporised and sprayed across the whole galaxy? Could be more unpleasant.}
Unpleasant like those screams he could her. He couldn't say, who it was, that screamed there. Neither could he say how long those screams were lasting.
{Poor bastard...}
He had to find out. To his surprise, he was able to oen his eyes.
{So much for being dead.}
Looking around, he saw and smelled that, among other things, many of his "priced medical possesions" must have fallen out of their hiding places and cracked. The smell of Sake, Whiskey and various other strong drinks filled the air.
But where was he? {Oh yes... I was on medbay... with that girl... Oh god!}

[Snow? Snow! Hello?! Are you there?]

But there was no Snow and no answer. Just a mess, made of various bed, medical instruments, crushed supplies and those horrible screams.
He tried to stand up and almost tumpled down again, as some terrible headaches started, aided by some kind of motionsickness for every step he took. All without a doubt symptoms caused by the jump.
By leaning on the wall, he was able to moved slowly to the door at the other end of the room. The door apeared to be open, somehow.
{I know that I closed it before the jump. Whats going on?}
[Nordstroem? Are you there?]

Then those screams stopped. Just before he peeked through the door, Cydonias voice could be heard again. Weak and filled with crackling static noises:
[Alert! Code Purple... Alert! Code Purple...]
{What the hell is a Code purple?}
Guessing, that whatever that was could wait for later, he peaked through the door.
As he did, a strong blow suddenly knocked him down.
{I didn't saw it coming...} was his last though, before he lost his consciousness again...

[Information for all players:
-All of you are still in your last known location.
-All of you hear that computerized Voice of Cydonia annoucing a "Code Purple".
-It looks like a mess around you, every player please roll a d10: (1-4:you receive no injuries; 5-9: you receive minor injuries = - a d3 roll of damage; you receive more severe injuries = - a d10 roll of damage)
-Only the backup powered emergency lights seem to work. Do not expect everything else to work. Caution is adviced.
-Human player characters are disoriented and feel severe jumpsicknes: every roll, except finding out about Code Purple, is more difficult by 3 points.
-Human player characters can roll on "Piloting", "Navigation", "Mechanic" or "Repairs and maintenance [Spaceship]" to find out what a Code Pruple stands for-> this is a rather obscure information, you only read about this way back in training.
-Loroi Players can roll on the same skills as above, to find out what happend. Raised difficulty no applied.
-Loroi Players experience some kind of "blackout" of their Sanzai. They can not send, receive or detect each other, except when touching. Difficulty for all rolls raised by 3 Points.

I hope thats okay for you and makes writing a new post a bit more interesting for you. If you have any questions: feel free to ask. 8-) ]

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Roll for injures d10 = 9
https://app.rpgsessions.com/dice/result ... 00109ed2d3
Roll for damage d4 = 1
https://app.rpgsessions.com/dice/result ... 0010ddfbb5

Hadrid slowly opened his eyes, pain crossing his entire body. When he tried to look around He saw that he was lying on the floor of his cabin, dim emergency lights shining in the darkness, his bookshelf collapsed blocking entrance to the room, the books laying on the floor scattered among another items from the desk and drawers. Trying to get up, Hadrid felt sharp pain in his head. Covering forehead with his hand he could feel blood on it. Moving slowly to the bathroom and inspecting wound he could see nasty cut starting on his left eyebrow leading about 4-5 cm up-left in ear direction. Wound was not fatal, there was not much bleeding left but it needed at least sewing up. Lucky there was stil water in his sink so he washed his face from dried blood.
Getting back to his main room he could see bent corner of his desk with dried blood stain on it. He had struck it falling from the bed. Slowly regaining his senses he could hear faint vox automatic message :
[Alert! Code Purple... Alert! Code Purple...] hearing constant warring he blurred his eyes.
...wtf was code purple... he thought ...what happened...

Roll for analyzing situation and identification "code purple"
Skill: Repairs and maintenance [Spaceship] = Lvl 5 = 2d6 +5* + 5* → [1,3,5,5,] = (14)
https://app.rpgsessions.com/dice/result ... 0010ddfbc1
* Modifiers = {+5} Mind, {+5} Skill


Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1067
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
https://app.rpgsessions.com/dice/result ... 00104713dd "Minor Injuries"
https://app.rpgsessions.com/dice/result ... 00104713de 'Number of Dice'
https://app.rpgsessions.com/dice/result ... 00104713e0 {18 damage}
https://app.rpgsessions.com/dice/result ... 00104713e3 [7+5] 12 Piloting check - what is purple alert?

Sonnidezi was disoriented... she was not seated any longer... she had been thrown around the chamber and battered her shoulder, knee, and had again struck her head on something...HARD! There was a mind-numbing buzzing in her head that was not sanzai.. but some kind of interference...

Her eyes ease open ...something Very warm and heavy was lying across her chest. She lifted her free arm the other was pinned by the heavy weight..and touching her head it came away with blue blood.. a nasty scalp cut.. bloody but not fatal..

She tried to sit up and realized the weight was the Chief Yo-el, apparently he had been thrown in the same direction in the bulkhead... and was currently in a tangle of limbs draped across her in a .. comically provocative position.
Sonni did not move but looked around to find Midnighteye, the dorazor technician who'd been in the chamber as well.

It was perplexing she could not sense her or any other Loroi through the constant mental static she was experiencing... perhaps her head injury was more severe than she thought? All bad things.

Casting her head and eyes about she eventually found Midnighteye... she was laid out on the floor against the wall to Sonnidezzi's right - on her side and was not moving.

Sonni felt no dizziness and decided head injury or no, I must act to see to the safety of others...

Stretching out her will she telekinetically lifted Chief Yo-el from her breast..just enough to slip out from under him and set him down without moving him in case he had other injuries.

Quickly she checked over the Chief to see if there were any obvious injuries...
https://app.rpgsessions.com/dice/result ... 00102b76f5 {7+7} = 14

[Alert! Code Purple... Alert! Code Purple...]
She kept hearing the ship alert declaring a purple alert.. and wracked her brain trying to remember for the TCA operations manuals she'd been reading what that meant?

Then Sonni telekineticly lifted herself to fly over to Midnighteye to check her injuries as well, not wanting to stress her injured knee...
https://app.rpgsessions.com/dice/result ... 00102b76f7 {7+8} = 15

[P 102]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Last edited by sunphoenix on Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Roll for analyzing situation and identification "code purple"
Skill: Repairs and maintenance [Spaceship] = Lvl 5 = 2d6 +5* + 5* → [1,3,5,5,] = (14)
https://app.rpgsessions.com/dice/result ... 0010ddfbc1
* Modifiers = {+5} Mind, {+5} Skill
Outcome:
Way back in basic training, you had to learn various alarm codes, that the computer system of a TCA ship would display or sound over its speakers. Codes like: Code green, that was an automated warning for a failure in the environmental controls of the ship. Code white, that indicates damage to the ships reactor. There were also more obscure codes, like Code Orange that indicates a failure in the ships water purification.
Then, there was Code Purple. A code your instructors said you wouldn't need to learn, as it would be to late if you would hear it. It stands for a serious failure in the jump drive. Or as one of your instructors said: "smoke a last cigarette, drink your last glass of whiskey and use your next bullet for yourself..."


Hadrid stood silent for the moment, processing information ...A shit we are in trouble again...
Shaking his head he moved to the door of his bedroom, fixing overturned bookcase to original position passing by. Without power, doors wouldn't open so he used emergency doorhandles. With hiss doors opened and Hadrid carefully peaked outside.

Roll for observation
Skill: Perception : MIND 5 = 2d6 +5 = [3,2,5] = 10
https://app.rpgsessions.com/dice/result ... 00104713e6

"Hadrid peaks outside, into the dim lighted corridor. Some of the emergency lights were flickering and a dozens or so ceiling panels must have come loose. No sign of movement besides the elevator door, that was opening and closing for whatever reason."

Hadrid slowly left his room, moving next to the room's wall he approached elevator and peaked inside.


Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:56 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts: 771
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
[OOC: Ok, way too much time has passed. Sorry for that delay! :oops: ]

On the medbay, a while later:


Knocking, the seemingly neverending knocking...
deep in her head...
the pain.
And no one there to stop it...

Torture...
That must be it!
The enemy had captured her.
But... what enemy?

she had to move...
she had to escape!
move...
Move...
MOVE!


It took her a long time and a lot of willpower to just open her eyes.
She looked around and realised that she was in an unknown room on some kind of bed.
The markings and signs looked unfamiliar to her. Even the way it was build looked strange, almost primitive to her. Puzzled she looked over the varios things that very laying on the floor, as if someone had just thrown them there.
An unknown voice repeated something, over and over again:

[Alert! Code Purple... Alert! Code Purple...]

[What.... is this? Where am I? Why is it looking so messy here? And... who... am I?]

To her surprise, she realised that something was wrong: she could not send or receive anything.
Her head felt dizzy and there was nothing she could detect, as well.

[Something is blocking my... sanzai...?]

She didn't really now what that "Sanzai" was... or why she knew its name. She just know that it was not there and that something was missing. Like a part of her body or more precise a sense of her, that was gone.
She looked down on herself and saw various bandages.

[Strange... I can not remember beeing injured? What... happend to me?]

Suddenly, the sound of something knocked over and movement caught her attention, followed by a strange, shy voice:

[Doctor...? Are you here?]

She couldn't really understand what that strange voice said.
The a head apeared in one of the doors. It was a "her", but also unfamiliar. She looked at her with wide, fear filled eyes.

[She looks... strange? Why is her skin not blue?] this puzzled her deeply for reasons she didn't understand.

Then, untrained words formed on her lips: [Who... are... you?]

That strange female looked at here as if in some kind of shock and then answered in words that she could understand:

[What...? I... I... am Ensign Cho!] that strange female almost bursted out.

after a few moments she added:

[Why are you awake? Where is Doctor Murasaki? Where is Corporal Nordstroem? And where is Snow?]

[I... don't know. But... do you know who I am?]

[Who you are? Can`t you remember?]
The look on the face of that strange female turned form shock to worried in an isntance.

[No... I seem to not remember anything before waking up in this room. Where... am I, Ensign Cho?]

That strange female paused for a while...

[Your... crewsisters told me that your name was Beinrezei. That means "copper spear" in our language. You are aboard the Cydonia. A human vessel.]


Meanwhile in one of the ships corridors:


Nurse Costello finally had managed to work her way out of her room and she was trying despertly to remember what a "Code purple" was.
All she could thing of, was that it must have something to do with the engines or the reactor. Both pretty bad things.

It took her a while to see some details on that dimly lighted corridor, bu then she found someone laying there.

[Parat Twilightsaber?]

A deep moaning could be heard from that person on the floor.

[Uhm... Yes, that is correct.]

Twilightsaber had some problems standing up and the good nurse came to her aid.

[Thank you, nurse Costello. It seems like something went wrong on that last jump we made...]

[I am not sure, but if thats true, we can be happy to be alive. Are you injured?]

[No... it is just... a strange feeling...]

They both then heard something strange: two familiar voices repeating the same sentence, over and over again, while coming slowly closer and closer:

[We.. will walk... into the warm light... again...]


Meanwhile near the cargobay:


Chief Abramovic came back to his senses again and the first thing he heard wasn't pleasant at all: "Code purple".

[Блин!]

He looked around and saw into the eyes of those two Loroi that were with him, just before the jump:

[I need your help! We need to check the jump drive and the reactor. Quickly!]

And after a brief pause, he added while puting on a fake smile:

[Could you... help me up, please? My head feels like I hade been drunk the last few weeks...]

He was kind of happy that the Captain wasn't around at the moment.

Wreaking his ship will not go unpunished... he mused for himself.

_________________
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]


Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 am
Posts: 175
Location: Poland
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Passing malfunctioning elevator, Hadrid moved to the main ship's lobby where among warning messages form vox he could hear voices. Moving to half opened doors he saw ships's lobby. Place have seen better time. Many of suspended ceiling panels broke of and lied scattered at floor, tables and another room's furniture. Several lamps hang from ceiling, some flickering, another causing sparking. Some tables and chairs were misplaced, turned up side down.

Moving inside Hadrid quickly counted voices and people around him. Several men and woman from security detail, Lt. Torrez, Wong, Petterson, who was securing Loroi quarters and few crew members who probably got cough in the jump. There was also 2 loroi in the corner of the room, one lying on could floor, another looking after her, some blue blood drops around them said much about their current state. All people were trying to help each other no mater rank, sex or race which made Hadrid proud ... If we stay together in time like this nothing will break us... he though

Far away Hadrid could hear shouts from Sergeant Steen and Sergeant Aldridge in mess-hall giving orders and handling the situation themselves.

Lt. Torrez seeing first officer entering the room rose up from one of wounded crew and quickly approached him.

[Sir...] he stopped seeing opened wound on Ferox's head [... sir you are wounded, GET a medkit over here] he shouted towards Petterson.
Hadrid rose his hand, giving Petterson signal to stand down and get back to his duties.

[I'm fine Lieutenant, it's flesh wound, I will be fine. How are the things here?]
[It's not that bad as it looks like sir, no casualties but everyone is battered. Broken noses, teeth, some cuts need stitching. Sir what the hell happened?]
[I don't know, but I will find out. I'm heading to the bridge.]
[Of course, Sir I will monitor wrapping up things here.]
[Very well, send someone to Loroi quarters and see if they need some help. And get in touch with guys in mess-hall they may need help as well.]
[Yes Sir]
Hadrid nodded and moved toward stairs leading up to next deck, from there straight to ships' bridge.


Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1067
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]
Stormrage helped Midnighteye to her feet and looked at her oddly.. she could not hear her thoughts or even detect her presence with Sanzai. Switching to spoken word "Crewsister, can you send or receive my sanzai?"

Midnighteye's terror-filled expression spoke louder than her whispered words "..n-no, Teidar Sezon.. I..I can not! What has happened to us?"

Stormrage gave her a warm smile, of fux-confidance ~ cause that is what Teidar's do protect and give hope to the crewsisters, "Worry not crewsister we still live and are unconquered ~ I am unsheathed Always.."

At Chief Abramovic urgent words Stormrage, regarded him, she replied in english [As you wish Chief...]

Midnighteye steadied herself on her feet and at Stormrage's words took an posture of attention "O-of c-course Teidar... what are your directions?"

Turning back to Midnighteye, "Retrieve a Vacc suit for the Chief, and if possible my armored vacc suit and get yourself in one as well... then meet us in engineering!"

Then looking toward Chief Abramovic ...she focused her will and gently lifted him telekinetically to bring him to within her reach. To Abramovic.. he suddenly felt weightless as he lifted off the floor and floated involuntarily toward Stormrage who was herself floating about 20cm above the floor...

[Can you stand Chief? Or do you require me to carry you to engineering?]

[P 103]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:55 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.