Page 151 Discussion: "We will wait, Outsider"

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Werra

Page 151 Discussion: "We will wait, Outsider"

Post by Werra »

http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider151.html

Naughty Alex, looks like he'll be digging around in some Loroi stashes.

First time they leave him alone in his new environment as well.

dragoongfa

Re: Page 151 Discussion: "We will wait, Outsider"

Post by dragoongfa »

I wonder what Talon is Sanzaing at the third panel.

I hereby claim: 'I am a pilot, let me see his Joystick!'

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Alex looking around the aft compartment...

"Cause I've been working in a coal mine going down down..."
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Zorg56

Post by Zorg56 »

Why beryl pushes her away? Did she refused to leave?

They probably have cameras all over the place anyway, since they are cheap.
Last edited by Zorg56 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

...beryl did not LET her refuse!
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

novius

Post by novius »

Welp, this is about the second time Beryl got physical to separate Talon and Alex.

The fiirst time? http://www.well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider117.html - "I will demonstrate!" :) - notice the "wtf?" expressions on Talon's face. Both times.

I see a trend.

And Beryl's words that the suit requires some calibration? We'll just have to see how much of this is true and how much of this is Beryl's wishful thinking....

...in addition, she simply could leave that topic alone. Humans do have a nakedness taboo, then. She could simply take it at face value and move on to the next topic. After all, what is her interest in an indepth discussion of that particular subject...?? :)

Onaiom

Post by Onaiom »

Zorg56 wrote:They probably have cameras all over the place anyway, since they are cheap.
Beryl: "We will be watching you, Enzin!"
Alex: Sure, I'll just... Wait! What you just said ?

Arent

Post by Arent »

I'm happy that arioch manages to stick to the 1 week schedule. I had feared he would only manage a biweekly or even monthly schedule.

CF2

Post by CF2 »

novius wrote:And Beryl's words that the suit requires some calibration? We'll just have to see how much of this is true and how much of this is Beryl's wishful thinking....
I was wondering about calibration since they mentioned temperature regulation being an active aspect of it back on 149, unless Alex wants to keep his bits at Loroi norms he'll probably need to at least have Beryl instruct him on how to fiddle with the suit controls, such as they may be.

Though I doubt we'll see anything more intimate than a kiss, I wouldn't be surprised if our bashful boy Alex gets a good helping of Loroi innuendo as part of any cultural exchange he can squeeze into his absolutely stuffed, Umiak counteroffensive military schedule.

Arent

Post by Arent »

CF2 wrote:
novius wrote:And Beryl's words that the suit requires some calibration? We'll just have to see how much of this is true and how much of this is Beryl's wishful thinking....
I was wondering about calibration since they mentioned temperature regulation being an active aspect of it back on 149, unless Alex wants to keep his bits at Loroi norms he'll probably need to at least have Beryl instruct him on how to fiddle with the suit controls, such as they may be.

Though I doubt we'll see anything more intimate than a kiss, I wouldn't be surprised if our bashful boy Alex gets a good helping of Loroi innuendo as part of any cultural exchange he can squeeze into his absolutely stuffed, Umiak counteroffensive military schedule.
I'm actually still waiting for a resolution of the scene where Alex could sense fireblade. Maybe he will touch Beryl again and this time something similar happens.

Werra

Post by Werra »

Beryl could be a red hering. Alex could possibly sense Fireblade on his own because of her strength and incontinence.

Mithramuse

Post by Mithramuse »

I think Alex could likely sense Fireblade without Beryl touching him, yes - it was more her encouragement to calm down / focus outward / meditate / whatever zen-like state ;) that Alex just hasn't done much if any of on his own.

And I'm more curious just how much time passed between pages 150 and 151. I'm thinking it was really not immediate. :lol:

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

I know.. I'd have trouble NOT thinking about all that lovely red-haired womanly beauty! ;)
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

novius

Post by novius »

Alex made his opinions about Fireblade (and to a lesser extent, Beryl) pretty much clear - the less he sees of Fireblade, the better it is. Or so he thinks.

I wouldn't put it past him that he keeps his ability to sense her under the wraps until someone else notices something, just because he doesn't want her to be involved in all of this in any capacity. A sentiment he surely shares with Fireblade.

raistlin34

Post by raistlin34 »

novius wrote:Alex made his opinions about Fireblade (and to a lesser extent, Beryl) pretty much clear - the less he sees of Fireblade, the better it is. Or so he thinks.

I wouldn't put it past him that he keeps his ability to sense her under the wraps until someone else notices something, just because he doesn't want her to be involved in all of this in any capacity. A sentiment he surely shares with Fireblade.
Wouldn't be quite the irony if Fate had other plans for the two of them? :roll:

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Heh.. love is funny that way.. opposites attract! :)

The ~ "how I met your mother", trope... that is often more real then we humans might like to admit! lol
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

SVlad

Post by SVlad »

The label on balloons reads timon - pressure, if I've read correct.
Outsider in Russian

SVlad

Post by SVlad »

Also we see an ambassador bucket here.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

Talon's expression when Beryl pushes her out of the room is really priceless. Those two would make an excellent slapstick duo.

Also, is that a Historian Construct projector I see hanging from the wall?

Also, also, are those conveyor belts on the floor for loading and unloading cargo?
Arent wrote:I'm actually still waiting for a resolution of the scene where Alex could sense fireblade. Maybe he will touch Beryl again and this time something similar happens.
I'm really curious to see where that goes too. Alex clearly has more pressing things on his mind, but given that he is said to be incredibly smart, I suspect his curiosity will push him to find out more eventually.
sunphoenix wrote:Heh.. love is funny that way.. opposites attract!
Well, statistically speaking, opposites don't attract. The data overwhelmingly supports the conclusion that people tend to pick partners that have similarities in the personality areas that are important to them, and that people who do pair up with partners who are dissimilar or opposite in the personality areas that are important to them generally break up. (With only one notable exception.) Further, except for some minor regression toward the mean over time, more alike couples tend to report being more satisfied with their relationship.

That being said, there are a lot of similarities between Alex and Fireblade. People have remarked in the past how most of the main characters in Outsider are outsiders in some way or another. Both Alex and Fireblade are rather confident in their abilities and enjoy showing off when the opportunity arises. They're both survivors, having lost ship and crew before. And the both have a somewhat aggressive nature, with Fireblade being all too happy to throw her weight around, and Alex was a standout for his pre-emptive strike tactics in the academy.

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

I can't deny they have great chemistry.