Happy Halloween

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

asaenvolk

Re: Happy Halloween

Post by asaenvolk »

Well, many sexual actuators are specifically NOT functional or over blown, such as a peacock tail. Human mammaries are just that, in other primates they never get that big, its a female cock comb for humans. That they are warriors would in theory limit the effect, but their 10-1 female/male birth rate would then counter that.

I mean, I honestly have never had an issue or the like with how they are predicted in the comic, its more academic speculation than anything.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Is that head to scale seems a tad on the small side.

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

Perhaps its the angle that makes it seem small but in comparison the Umiak's head is at least four times Fireblade's if you count the rear that is not visible. If we take Kikitik-27's head from this page https://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider086.html into consideration then the angle and Fireblade's thigh hides a large part of the rear of the head. If we extrapolate based on page 86 then we have to conclude that the full grown Umiak whose head Fireblade is holding was at least 4 times her size.

I think that the view screen of page 86 also makes us think that the Umiak are even bigger than that, trick of the camera and the angling to make them look bigger to impress.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

dragoongfa wrote:Perhaps its the angle that makes it seem small but in comparison the Umiak's head is at least four times Fireblade's if you count the rear that is not visible. If we take Kikitik-27's head from this page https://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider086.html into consideration then the angle and Fireblade's thigh hides a large part of the rear of the head. If we extrapolate based on page 86 then we have to conclude that the full grown Umiak whose head Fireblade is holding was at least 4 times her size.

I think that the view screen of page 86 also makes us think that the Umiak are even bigger than that, trick of the camera and the angling to make them look bigger to impress.
Well the biology section doesn't give an exact size of the ugly buggers other than the average lenght and hieght so I have no clue about their head size given a 7ft tall human head is rarely a full foot in length. A 9ft tall man would have a head that is only 9.5 inches