172: See something you like?

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Mayhem

172: See something you like?

Post by Mayhem »

Particle beam cannons are mass drivers :D
Fireblade's character sheet: '-1: Telepathically "talks" in sleep' 8-)

Voitan

Re: 172: See something you like?

Post by Voitan »

Not sure why Jardin is that alarmed.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

If I'm reading this right, Alex is shocked by the implant that Fireblade seems to have.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Yes nicely played Jim bravo on the fan service shot but I doubt Alex was looking at her rear what and why did he freak out over fire blade? Also should I go into hiding over looking at fireblade like that?

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Voitan wrote:Not sure why Jardin is that alarmed.
Busted admiring fireblade's butt

SaintofM

Post by SaintofM »

I love Tallens shit eating grin, and what she's saying. "Go ahead, tiger. Hit that. No, that is not the smell of popcorn poping, nore is that the sound of our medic getting the first aid kit out.

I think he is surprised to see her either in a moment of weakness (tuching her head might be her way of dealing with headaches or blocking everything out), and the look she is giving is more demure than the usual indiferent glare or anger. Granted she has a pretty flat affect so might be hard to tell.

Curlysan

Post by Curlysan »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:
Voitan wrote:Not sure why Jardin is that alarmed.
Busted admiring fireblade's butt
Busted looking would be more of an embarrassment sign, a blush you would think. This looks more like surprise & a little fear perhaps. Fireblade certainly gave him the dagger-eyed look; but then she never looks at him any other way I think. Did she 'reach' him with a thought or feeling? Her expression would make me think it wasn't a pleasant one if she did.

Although Talon seems to be having a bit of fun with the moment.

Another conjecture: have we seen the Loroi use implants before? Is Fireblade hiding something? Is her behavior towards Alex part of her warrior training & culture or is it also a personal distaste.
Well crafted. This looks like a teaser to a larger reveal. Many ponderables.

novius

Post by novius »

Not helping, Talon.

And I think I've read something in Insider (and we actually used that tidbit in Beacons) that Loroi have an inherent aversion to body modifications beyond an occasional tattoo or an earring. So yes, Fireblade noticing Alex's attention to her implant would be reason enough to set her on edge.

It's much like Go on, say something. Give me one reason to turn you into fine red mist.

And I think Alex is pretty much surprised that - in his view - Fireblade must have felt his attention on her, since it was established fact that Loroi have problems to pick up anything from a human.

junk

Post by junk »

God damn - I adore Talon

That grin is something I aspire to be capable off.

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

novius wrote:And I think Alex is pretty much surprised that - in his view - Fireblade must have felt his attention on her, since it was established fact that Loroi have problems to pick up anything from a human.
OR, one of the loroi who noticed alex staring at her let her know. Talon, perhaps, going for something like "you have an admirer"

raistlin34

Post by raistlin34 »

The why I read it, Enzin was fixing his attention on either the implant or her very human expression. And Fireblade wasn't amused, probably because she hates showing weakness, specially to an outsider alien.
And I concur, Talon is best space elf.

Arent

Post by Arent »

raistlin34 wrote:The why I read it, Enzin was fixing his attention on either the implant or her very human expression. And Fireblade wasn't amused, probably because she hates showing weakness, specially to an outsider alien.
And I concur, Talon is best space elf.
No, Spiral is.

Arent

Post by Arent »

boldilocks wrote:
novius wrote:And I think Alex is pretty much surprised that - in his view - Fireblade must have felt his attention on her, since it was established fact that Loroi have problems to pick up anything from a human.
OR, one of the loroi who noticed alex staring at her let her know. Talon, perhaps, going for something like "you have an admirer"
Also humans notice sometimes, out of the corner of their eyes, that they are being watched.

Ithekro

Post by Ithekro »

To answer Talon's question. "Yes. Yes I do."

Murph

Post by Murph »

I think Talon is going to be "that friend" that always says something inappropriate and/or cringeworthy when you are out somewhere.

novius

Post by novius »

Murph wrote:I think Talon is going to be "that friend" that always says something inappropriate and/or cringeworthy when you are out somewhere.
Makes me wonder what she actually had in mind when she asked/suggested to talk about "something else".

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Murph wrote:I think Talon is going to be "that friend" that always says something inappropriate and/or cringeworthy when you are out somewhere.

We salute you talon!

SaintofM

Post by SaintofM »

Do the Loroai have an equivolent of Belle Notte, but because I can see Tallon and Spiral with a madalin and a Accordian playing them around Space Harpy and Jardin right now.

This Is the Night (Alex and Fireblade reach for the last meatball), the most beutiful night (they look into eachother eyes), and they call it Belle Notte (she she force pushes him through a wall).

RedDwarfIV

Post by RedDwarfIV »

icekatze wrote:hi hi

If I'm reading this right, Alex is shocked by the implant that Fireblade seems to have.
Given what Arioch has said recently in the Terran Q&A thread, I wouldn't be surprised if Alex is shocked by the implant because the general culture in the TCA is against cybernetics.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.

kiwi

Post by kiwi »

icekatze wrote:hi hi

Yep, I think it's pretty clear from the sequence of panels 3 & 4. I'm sure he's seen a backside before, and I reckon that if this were a 'busted' moment, panels 4 & 5 would have been swapped.