[RP] Incursion (OOC)

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

sunphoenix

Re: [RP] Incursion (OOC)

Post by sunphoenix »

@ Gudo: Oh..ok. Well you had that color first so use it. I usually use blue but this time I was shooting for a more gold color. I'm...slightly color blind certain shades of orange and brown mess with me...but I found a color closer to what I had in mind for this character. So go back to orange its all yours! :)
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

@Gudo, ah ok, I missed that part about the -2. I look forward to seeing the other items :)

@sunphoenix, it may be best just to have him on the planet the whole time...it would require too much plot twisting and geographic shifting to explain his presence any other way. Sephal is a planet on the very edge of Loroi space and a likely location of attack in an Umiak invasion...a good place to keep a troublesome 'revolutionary' out of sight and away from places he might otherwise cause problems.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

@ Unforsaken: That's cool too... and works just the same.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Anyone else gonna make characters, or is it just us? Markward, Bunnyboy?

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

Fusebox said he is still involved in a PM, I think he was waiting for a copy of the BESM PDF from sunphoenix. I tried to zip my copy but it was still over the 25mb limit of my Gmail account, and I don't have an e-mail with no limit :( .

I've started writing the initial story section too, so maybe that'll convince a few more to join. But don't worry, whether there's 2 players or 200 the RP will go forward ;)

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Nelodez "sun flare"
Former Tenoin Narrat [spacefighter pilot]
Nelodez is 178 cm, and before war she used sometimes "human made" high heels just for fun being taller than most. She was training for fighter pilot and she got great talents, but was small of discipline and that got her in accident. Something broke inside her and she couldn't continue the training. Her future and dreams were gone and she was down couple of years, mostly of it drunk or behind bars. She has broken her relationships with family and friends, and they think her as a failure. Slowly she recuperated, mostly by finding joy using her new skills. She learned to mask her intent to get her targets unaware of her pocketing and bluff of investigators, until she found out that she could do better with burglary.

She had admired human culture and values, believing that being lonely and dangerous make her popular for humans. Her bride is her martian motorbike and she is occasionally doing dangerous stunts with it. Her bike is like herserf, made to gather gazes, when she want it. Now after incursion she isn't sure of her values.
SpoilerShow
Body 6, Mind 5, Soul 4 (150)
Attack combat value 5 (spacecraft 7, hand held lasers 6)
Defense combat value 5 (driving 7)
Damage multiplier 5
Health points 50
Shock value 10
Energy points 45
Talents (39)
(4) Combat technique [Lightning reflexes, Steady hand]
(2) Heightened senses [Hearing] Bonus +3
(2) Organisational ties [Black market]
(6) Ranged attack [Spacecraft] +2
(3) Ranged attack [Hand held lasers] +1
(6) Ranged defence [Driving] +2
(6) Sixth sense [Emotions] 10m, Soul +2
(10) Telepathy [Universal] range 100m (+1), area 10m (+3)
Skills (38)
(3) Acrobatics [Balance] Body +1
(2) Burglary [Breaking & Entering] Body/Mind +1
(4) Climbing [Vegetation] Body +2
(1) Cultural Arts [Rare object appraisal] Mind +1
(4) Disguise [Telepathic] Soul +2
(4) Driving [Bike] Body/Mind +2
(2) Electronics [Security] Mind +1
(2) Foreign Culture [Humans] Mind +1
(2) Languages [Sanzai, Trade, English] Mind +2
(2) Performing Arts [Dance] Average +2
(4) Piloting [Spacecraft] A.Body+Mind +2
(2) Sleight of Hand [Pick pocketing] Body +1
(6) Stealth [Lotai] Body/Mind +2
Items (14)
(5) Laserpistol
(9) Mishima BioElectric Motorbike
(10) landspeed 250 kph; activation, half speed offroad
(8) armour 5; partial
(1) Features [extra capasity 1]
Defects (-3)
(-3) Vulnerability [atmospheric changes: severe storms, high altitude, flying]
(-) Owned or Red tape [she is known and maybe watched by enforcers of law]
Unused (2)
Edited bit of items and defects.
Last edited by bunnyboy on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:50 am, edited 7 times in total.
Supporter of forum RPG

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

@Unforsaken: Upload using http://www.filesonic.com/ You can do it without registering and they've got a pretty big file size limit.

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

Thanks Gudo, that could come in handy :)

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

I'm going on a short vacation, I'll be away till Tuesday. If you guys wanna start, you can NPC me till I get back. Nice character there Bunnyboy btw :P Do a rad flip!

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

{Repost}
Indeed awesome character... at least we have one Combat oriented character who has been 'formally' trained.

BTW...I think your Base Attack Combat Value and Defense Combat Value are off. Your Body, Mind and Soul together total 15... so your average should be a Base ACV / DCV of 5... not 4.

EDIT1# : Oh. Not to be nit-picky Bunny... but I think you spent too much on your Sixth Sense and Telepathy. You may be using the 'Guardians of Order TriStatdx Sourcebook'.

Sixth sense is 2pts per level and each level gives you a extra sense you may take to be able to sense...evil, magic, undead...etc... Though the GM may also rule that each level simply adds to your sensitivity ...in effect boosting your Soul or Mind... whichever stat you use for sensing.

Telepathy bought Universal is only 6 pts per level. Telepathy has a builtin Variable of Range/1 [10meters] to increase that to Range/2 [100meters] is only +1pt!

Just thought you'd like to know! :)
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Image update on character sheet. By the way, usually she don't dress up so casual, when she goes to "work".

Do we start the game soon? :|

Edit:
@sunphoenix
Yes I read it, but didn't have time to look BESM.

Sixth Sense.
2 Points/lvl
Progression: Linear, +1 Sixth Sense each level
I took 3 lvl to patch up her poor soul.

Telepathy.
I had 1 increase for range and 3 increases for area, but I didn't take increases for number of targets. :x
So to sanzai to 2 people on 100 meter, when they are 3 meter adjacent each other, needs minimum 1 increase for range, 2 increase for area and 1 increase for targets?

Edit2:
Thanks.
Last edited by bunnyboy on Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Supporter of forum RPG

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

I'm still working on the prologue part...I've been a bit busy and it's taking a while longer than I thought, but it should be done soon.

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

{Repost}
Hey Bunnyboy...did you read my last post? You didn't comment... if so its cool.
Like the pic... wish I could get my 'artist' who drew Kamielle to do another one for Maiannon... but... he's sort of a perfectionist. He didn't like the pic he did of Kam. But Kam's pic was originally for Kam done in CTHULHUTECH. Kam is a Xeno-mix Amlati... hence his weird coloration, but I liked the pic so much... I decided to play the character here on Outsider for the "Deep Strike" Game, sans his Para-psychic powers.

Though I must admit... I was having a lot of fun playing 'Stormrage' in the "Tempest" game...ah well.

EDIT 1#
@Bunny: Ah... I see your confusion. I'll try to explain as best I can... at least the way we use it in our sit-down games.

With the Area 'custom variable' you hit everyone in the target area. You do not need to have targets variable. However, you have no choice but to hit all targets in the targeted area.

If you have the targets 'custom variable' you may hit multiple targets with your attribute... but you do not have to.

With both you make 'hit' multiple 'areas' with your attribute... but any target in the area gets affected weather you want it to or not.

For telepathy an area 'custom variable' means you basically speak to everyone in the area at once and cannot only speak to one person in the area. Though you do not have to use the area 'custom variable' every time you use the Telepathy power. You can just use telepathy without your 'custom variables' and speak with one mind...or multiple minds if you use the targets 'custom variable'. But you do not have to use area 'custom variable' to speak to multiple minds in addition to targets 'custom variable'.

Hope that makes it clearer. :)
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Fusebox

Post by Fusebox »

Sorry for the lack of communication with you guys. Been a little busy here, Mom just got back from visiting her mother. I'll see what I can't do about getting a character in here in the next few days.

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Alrighty, I'm back. Good to see progress being made :P I'm looking forward to this game!

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

As you may have noticed I've started the IC thread for Incursion (Yay :D). Up until a few hours ago I was simply going to stick the whole prologue in the first post and set you loose to wreak havoc upon the poor souls of Sephal.

Instead I though we might try it this way first (if you want). This first bit will be a sandbox of sorts, allowing us all to get used to the game system, and iron out any wrinkles that show up before the real fun begins. And incidentally letting any new people join without causing too much disruption.

If you don't like the idea I'll just stick the rest of the prologue onto the end of what's there already and we can go on from there. It's your choice, I'm happy with either way...although I may be a tad more happy with the sandbox start ;)

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

Holy poop on a Popsicle this is awesome. Well done Unforsaken!

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Hmmm... I like the sound of those water management tunnels. Do our characters have any idea how wide the are, or how broken/intact they are? Also, how big is our current group?

Drafting an IC post... Also, I've modified my character and the spider mines (I forgot to assign points to their small size) and drafted a new Flux Item.

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

@Grayhome, thanks! :)

@Gudo, The water mangement tunnels are just like today's storm water systems, Sephal is a wet world so they are both large and extensive. Since they weren't designed for pressure the shock of the invaders bombardment caused parts to collapse well beyond the areas that were attacked. The tunnels are mostly intact in the industrial area, allowing rapid and discreet movement, however the invaders know this and if you run into a patrol down there, you'll have little room for finesse. The commercial/government area was hit hard and much of the tunnel system collapsed, but survivors have discovered a number of intact sections which allow some safe movement. These sections do flood in rain since the water cannot drain nearly so well. The invaders don't usually patrol the commercial/Governemnt sector on foot, preferring to use their patrol vehicles or mines and IR sensors as a means of locating/destroying the unwary survivor. The residential areas are completely trashed.
----
I also need a few questions about the plant sunphoenix and Gudo have placed their characters answered before I can give any solid facts.

What water was the plant treating? If it was treating river water for consumption then there would be large intakes leading to the river itself, and high-pressure pipes supplying the city. If it was treating storm water then there would obviously be links to the water mangement system.

How long has the group been there? Spending too long in any spot is a risky proposition and building the Crawler will take time.

@Bunnyboy, am I right saying that Nelodez is on her own at the moment?

Also: I'm happy to create as many NPC's as necessary, but the more there are in one group the more likely they will be discovered.

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

Fusebox

Post by Fusebox »

Would you guys mind if I made a custom weapon?