[RP] Incursion (OOC)

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

sunphoenix

Re: [RP] Incursion (OOC)

Post by sunphoenix »

Going to post later this morning...
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

@Gudo, I've been working on some maps, alas, when you're a bit of a perfectionist and don't have a huge amount of artistic ability things can be a little slow. All I can say is that you'll have something soonish...

I said earlier (somewhere) that there were maintenance bots in the plant, they run on hydrogen fuel cells (and are already rated for mains-pressure water), but I'd need to know what you want to do to/with them to see if its feasible. The flux ability would represent something your character is reletively well practiced at or at least has planned extensively, but there's nothing really stoping her from doing other things with it (within reason, and probably with less 'efficiency'). Your main limitations would be time, tools and resources.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Just found out good collection of pictures to use in backgrounds and source material. :)
http://www.flickr.com/groups/37362851@N00/pool/

Examples.
ImageImageImageImageImage

There are great variety of materials, ages, conditions, spaceness and wetness.
Last edited by bunnyboy on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supporter of forum RPG

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Oh, so I'm supposed to be the guy with the plan eh? :P

So, these maintenance bots (I couldn't find any other references to them >_<) I'd love to turn them into a bunch of diver propulsion vehicles, but that would be bad news for the kids and the blind Basram.

Anyways, I'm guessing they're too small/packed with equipment to be of much use as an escape vehicle. It would probably be easier to pull the power plant and drive out of them and attach it to an improvised chassis. Would my character know anything about the bots that would make her believe otherwise? Also, how do they get around? Do they use props and swim through the pipes, or do they use legs/tracks?

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

I'm myself thinking something like this.
Only having plunger instead of spear.
Supporter of forum RPG

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

TheUnforsaken wrote:The treatment plant is located deep in the industrial sector and its output was used primarily in industrial processes, though it was connected to the city-wide water system. There are maintenance vehicles designed to travel in the main pipe system, however access points are few and far between, located only at the largest industrial facilities and other treatment plants.
@Gudo, :P

Also@Gudo, the bots suck in water at the front and squirt it out back to propel themselves so they won't work on land in any way as they are, however, stripping out the sensors and maintenance gear would provide room within the bot for other things (not people though). Improvising some sort of other chassis might be possible (and risky), but the bots are already about as good at getting through water as they could be, and there're plenty of abandoned vehicles if you wanted to go by land.
bunnyboy wrote:I'm myself thinking something like this.
Only having plunger instead of spear.
Hmm, having one of those examine the loo while you're using it would be a memorable experience :o

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

Paragon

Post by Paragon »

@Gudo: Well, your character is the most likely to posses information about the sewers. I was thinking we'd move everyone through the dry(er) portions to somewhere the enemy wasn't looking. Maybe even to the edge of the city? Sorry if I wasn't being clear about intent.

Also: Looks like we're in a situation where all three of characters would be talking to each other at the same time. Is there a good way for us to do this where it won't take forever? Maybe someone could outline the conversation here, and the other two could make suggestions? Alternatively, ask TheUnforsaken do it?

Also Part 2: Are we going to try to have bunnyboy and Fusebox's group meet up with ours?
"Optical computers, genetic catalogs, nanorepair modules--forget all of that. It's when you see a megaton of steel suspended over your head by a thread the thickness of a human hair that you really find God in technology."

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Paragon wrote:Also Part 2: Are we going to try to have bunnyboy and Fusebox's group meet up with ours?
It would be better, but in this speed, it wouldn't happen soon. But if you give description of your characters appearance, clothes, equipments, manouvers and movement, I can practice drawing of the group picture.
Like "Xx is wearing long jacket with colored patches and black woolly hat. He is armed with baseball club and he is hiding behind others. He picks his nose when nobody is watching."
Supporter of forum RPG

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

I can set the story up so they'll meet soon if you want, it probably mostly my fault that things are going kinda slow since I didn't put any plot points into this 'sandbox' period...with no real objective beyond meeting up and getting out of the plant (or at leat getting prepared to do so) there hasn't been any defined plot for you to follow inbetween the start and that end-point.

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Ok... I guess I need to clarify some of my last post. I was hoping to move the story along in hopes you would catch my hint... but apparently it was too subtle.

I was expecting Garnet to tell me of her plans to make a vehicle so we could all travel underground away from detection... but that she would need parts for the project.

Golden Hair was then going to propose a scouting/salvage mission to go find her the parts she needed and thus open the floor for us to meet up with the other group and find her parts so we could travel together...
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

sunphoenix wrote:I was expecting Garnet to tell me of her plans to make a vehicle so we could all travel underground away from detection... but that she would need parts for the project.

Golden Hair was then going to propose a scouting/salvage mission to go find her the parts she needed and thus open the floor for us to meet up with the other group and find her parts so we could travel together...
Yeah, I could write up an IC post later today, get you all out of the house :P I was hoping to last night actually, but didn't have time.

Paragon

Post by Paragon »

Soooo.... is Gudo going to post or should we move on?
"Optical computers, genetic catalogs, nanorepair modules--forget all of that. It's when you see a megaton of steel suspended over your head by a thread the thickness of a human hair that you really find God in technology."

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

He may be waiting on the map...which isn't done yet because I suck :oops:

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Paragon wrote:Soooo.... is Gudo going to post or should we move on?
Sorry, sorry, got slammed at work D: Thank God it's Friday. I'll get something up for sure today! Sorry about the wait :( Also, it would be helpful to know if people want to escape into or out-of the city. And am I correct in assuming our characters have the map, even though we don't?

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

TheUnforsaken wrote:He may be waiting on the map...which isn't done yet because I suck :oops:
How about this?
I used layers for everything, so it is easy to make changes.
I hope we can continue now. :|
Supporter of forum RPG

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Nice maps there Bunny :P

Anyways, I'm finishing up the IC post now (sorry again for the delay D:) and I'm making some more in game assumptions. Since we're in a maintenance room, and the facility has maintenance bots, I'm going to go ahead and say the bots are already there, along with the tools and whatnot I'd need to work on them.

I'm finding it a tad difficult to not include too much detail ("We'll need a pump too, and this is how we'll build it so we'll need these parts blah blah blah blah...) so apologies in advance if the wall o blue text is a bit much. If you guys want any more info, just ask and I'll be happy to oblige :P

Also, I noticed we need to be more careful keeping track of who is where. Apparently Doc has finished his rounds three times in the last four posts >_> Hahaha, the guy's dedicated I guess :P

Fusebox

Post by Fusebox »

Sorry I've been more than a little absent as of late. School's been going on for the past two weeks and I've been pretty much dead tired. Oh the side effects of spending a summer sitting on your ass, staying up until three in the morning and waking up at noon, aren't they grand? Anyway, I'm pumping out a post now.

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

@bunnyboy, thanks bunny, thats great (you've even named things, which I'm pretty woeful at ;) ). Perhaps I could borrow you abilities when it comes to artistic things (assuming you have the time)...I'm okay at modifying existing things but I'm out of my depth making stuff from scratch.

@Gudo, detail is good :D

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

WOW! Very nice maps! Ok... TheUnforsaken... pick a spot where are we exactly on the maps?
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

TheUnforsaken

Post by TheUnforsaken »

sunphoenix wrote:WOW! Very nice maps! Ok... TheUnforsaken... pick a spot where are we exactly on the maps?
I added another plant that suits what has been described a bit better.

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List