Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
[RP] Incursion (IC) 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 pm
Posts: 178
Post [RP] Incursion (IC)
Incursion: Prologue

System SZ472897A, TCNS Bellerophon

Rear Admiral Mitch Vandermeer steps out of the small flag bridge attached to the horseshoe shaped main bridge of the Bellerophon and looks around as the hatch slides shut behind him. Seeing the ship's three Loroi passengers lined up along the railing at the edge of the small observation deck perched above the command deck Mitch walks over to them. The Marine corporal accompanying the three salutes sharply as Vandermeer arrives; alerting the Loroi to his presence on the off chance they hadn't already noted his approach. Vandermeer returns the salute as the three turn to face him, one of the three, the Mizol, nods her head.
tab>"Admiral, we appreciate the opportunity to observe the arrival of the Task Force in the Sephal system from the bridge of the Bellerophon." States the young Loroi in nearly accent-less english. Mitch smiles and replies in equally polished Trade.
tab>"Not a problem Dioptase, it was a reasonable request and the bridge is probably the safest place to be aboard in a possible combat situation, all things considered." The three Loroi nod at this and turn back to look over the bridge as Mitch joins them, arms resting against the railing. "I guess it must look cramped compared to the command decks of your own ships." He says as he gestures towards the hive of activity below.
tab>"It is quite compact for a warship this size, Admiral." Replies Pureflame, the usually taciturn officer's interest apparently piqued by the topic. "We Loroi do prefer a less...restricted environment. Nevertheless, we are in no great discomfort."
tab>"Well, if you need some relief, I can have some Visors brought to you. With visual access to the Bellerophon's Datasphere I doubt you'd feel cramped any more." Mitch chuckles, remembering the first time he had accessed a ship's Datasphere out of dock.
tab>"Such devices have been offered before." Pureflame gestures in firm negation. "We are content to view the holodisplay."
tab>"Thank you for the offer though, Admiral." Dioptase adds, keeping things polite. Mitch shrugs.
tab>"That's fine, I know of your people's views on cybernetic augmentation. Some human factions aren't exactly thrilled either, as I'm sure you are also aware. Still, the offer is there should you change your mind." Below the group, on the command deck, Captain Kasemsarn turns and signals to Vandermeer. Mitch steps away from the railing and turns to the Loroi. "Excuse me, I'm needed below. It was a pleasure." With that the Admiral turns and walks down the stairs to join Captain Kasemsarn on the command deck.

tab><I do not see why the humans are even involved in this.> Pureflame's sanzai is tinged with anger, frustration and tightly controlled worry as her eyes follow the human Admiral as he descends to the deck below.
tab><The humans are involved because the Emperor agreed to their request.> Dioptase's reply carries a calm subtext, her Mizol training allowing her to restrict emotional content. Pureflame's eyes snap to the smaller Loroi.
tab><And what do they expect to achieve with a force barely half as large as the one already lost within the Incursion? Not to mention the forces that were present in the area beforehand.>
tab><I do not know.> Dioptase raises her hands in a placating gesture, her sanzai once again carrying a strong sense of calm, in an attempt to sooth the Torrai's roiling emotions. <I don't think the humans know either.>
tab><This entire exercise is pointless. It's obvious that the damned Umiak are behind the Incursion: There's no one else capable of doing such a thing.> As Pureflame's fist thumps down on the railing she realises how this must look to any humans watching. With a visible effort of will she reigns in her anger and frustration and continues. <Besides, no other race has ever shown a capacity to interfere with our Farseers...human resistance is limited to each individual. They cannot silence star systems.>
tab><That is true, Pureflame.> Sensing that her technical superior's misdirected anger could be a threat to the wider diplomatic mission, Dioptase decides to give that anger a less nebulous target, and ease her curiosity at the same time. <And why haven't we told the humans about that?>
tab><Because they do not need to know!> Pureflame eyes the diplomat, daring her to push the matter further. <Now be silent. It looks like they're finally ready to jump out of this wasteland.>

Corporal Moravek discreetly observes the curious, silent discussion between the Loroi he has been charged with escorting; trying to watch them out the corner of his eye. Escorting VIPs aboard ship is usually a relatively simple, if dull, task: All he has to do is to be polite and unobtrusive while preventing them from getting into sensitive areas uninvited or accidentally spacing themselves. Easy enough. Right now though, the tall one in charge looks like a kicked cat and Moravek is beginning to wonder if it is such a good idea being this close to a cranky Loroi with enough psychokinetic power to put him through one of the bridge's armored hatches; without bothering to open it first.
tab>Damn spooky space elves. Moravek thinks to himself. Why'd I have to land this duty when they're in a bad mood? He continues his vigil, vowing to be as inconspicuous and inoffensive as possible in the hopes he'll keep his hide intact.

Oblivious to the Loroi delegation's telepathic argument behind him, Admiral Vandermeer soon approaches Captain Kasemsarn. She turns as he nears her, eyes concealed by the Visor she wears and salutes.
tab>"Admiral, all ships report ready to jump."
tab>"Excellent.” Mitch replies, returning her salute. “You may issue the order to jump, Captain.”
tab>“Aye aye, Sir.” Isra grins as the comms officer opens a channel to the ships of Task Force 27. “All ships in the first wave, this is the flagship, begin jump sequence in t-minus sixty seconds. Out.” Bellerophon's captain turns back to the Admiral. “Per your orders Sir; the ships of TF 27.3 will proceed to the Sephal System in eight hours, escorted by Active.” Mitch nods.
tab>“Good work Captain. Hopefully we'll find out what the hell's been going on out here.”

With thirty seconds to go Vandermeer activates his own Visor, slipping into the ship's Datasphere as its virtual reality overlays his field of vision: A twitch of his Wired fingers all that is needed to allow Mitch to manipulate the virtual environment as he pleases. The bridge's armored bulkheads fade into a ghostly transparency that allows him to view the space surrounding Bellerophon. Bright in his field of view are the highlighted symbols representing things of interest in the system, most importantly those the other ships of the task force and jump zones, but also the system's insipid red dwarf star and some of the handful of the small planetoids orbiting it. Each of these symbols, and any crew members Mitch is looking at, has a cloud of other data surrounding them which he can access depending on clearance level. But Vandermeer ignores all this as he waits for the count-down to reach zero. Waits for the jump. Waits for answers.

_________________
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List


Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 pm
Posts: 178
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Three Months Ago:

Farseer Longreach lapses into a coma while on duty scrying the systems surrounding the Sephal System. Several days later the remaining Farseers on Sephal report interference which prevents them from accurately scrying several systems. When courier ships and cargo haulers fail to arrive as expected, system military forces are put on alert. With a continuing lack of outside contact, naval picket ships attempt to regain contact with neighbouring systems, they are not heard from again.

Seven Weeks Ago (Week five of the Incursion):

A number of unknown ships jump into the Sephal System, and planetary forces go on high-alert as the remaining picket ships mount a desperate defense, attempting to buy time for one of their number to escape and bring reinforcements. The battle is brutal, short, and utterly one-sided, and the invading ships soon arrive in orbit, quickly taking control of the station in orbit around Sephal. Soon after the invaders begin a devastating bombardment, targeting residential, commercial and government areas, as well as any military forces they detect, however they refrain from damaging industrial areas and resource extraction facilities. The ships then deploy ground forces, creating a base on Sephal’s primary spaceport from which they launch seek-and-destroy missions against remaining groups of the planetary population.

Now:

You are part of a small group of survivors, struggling to stay alive in the shattered remains of what was once the capital city of Sephal. Grim experience has taught you that the only safe places to remain for any length of time are in the industrial areas and the fractured remnants of the city’s extensive water management system. Gathering in larger numbers anywhere else or staying put for too long invites only death: either from orbit or from the invaders angular assault craft and their deadly cargo of missiles and brutal soldiers led by beings with terrifyingly powerful sanzai capabilities. Relative safety does not guarantee survival however, and provisions are scarce in the industrial sectors and practically nonexistent in the underground tunnel system. Your group is running dangerously low on food and basic medical supplies. Thankfully, water isn’t much of an issue...except when there’s too much of it.

_________________
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List


Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1046
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Maiannon moved through the blasted remains of the industrial center, sticking to the shadows as best as possible. The invaders had done a thorough job of laying waste to much of the government and residential centers... he was having to range further and further to find the occasional abandoned convenience store between the more densely populated residential areas that were targeted by orbital bombs. The pickings were getting less and less worth the effort...

He shouldered the bag of candy bars, some canned goods and a pair of boxes of breakfast cereal and a loaf of partially moldy bread that other scavengers had missed from the last store... or had died trying to retrieve. The ruins of the city were littered with burnout vehicles, blasted ruins and charred corpses everywhere. It was literal hell...

Maiannon took quick refuge under a smouldering hulk of a hover van as he heard the tale-tell sounds of an invader high-speed urban patrol cruiser. With a wink of bending light Maian vanished from sight turning invisible and simultaneously stretched out his will - blocking the sanzai signature that his powers might leave as a trace of his presence. He listened carefully as the whine of the engine shifted around and the warble of maneuvering verniers grew and lessened as the squat angular craft scanned the terrain.

Maiannon knew daylight was 'marginally' safer than night as IR scans were less pronounced in the day light.. and his Photokinetic sanzai abilities were better able to confuse IR signature in the bright daylight than in the dark of night... but they were no guarantee. Cautiously he drew his Loroi Laser pistol... he might have to fight ...

But to his relief the patrol craft meandered away its jets doppler-effect away into the distance. He waited a few more moments just to be sure its sounds were indeed gone, before shifting the light fields around him with another focusing of his will and a image appeared in the air before him an bending of light like a mirror to display before him the terrain around as he turned the image to see above the burnt out vehicle like a periscope... jut to make sure there were no concealed snipers waiting for someone to out of cover just because the patrol craft moved away. That had happened before... and Maiannon was not about to repeat that debacle that cost two survivors lives!

But the area seemed clear and slowly, cautiously he slid from under the hulk and looked about, trying to gauge how far it was to the current underground hideout that the survivor cell he was with were hold up in. His stomach chose that moment to growl at him. Yes he was hungry... but right now... his mind was more interested in sleep. Constant use of his Sanzai abilities tired him out quickly... and others had more need of food than he...

Maiannon "Goldenhair", was tall for a Loroi male at 5'10", likely a factor from his mixed human/loroi heritage. His hair though dusty and grime tinged from the weeks of hardship was still a long flowing golden sheen tied back nowadays with a length of cord so it did not fall into his face. His handsome features were somewhat obscured by the dirt and grime of the rough living of late though his natural complexion was a pale Caucasian with pointed though not as pronounced ears of a full-blooded Loroi and just the slightest tinge of bluish highlights to his skin tone. His startling vibrant green eyes purely his father's. Genetically, he was a 'miracle child'... most biologist's thought was an impossibility taking into account Loroi versus human physiology... but here he was! His natural Sanzai abilities were obviously the heritage of his Teidar Mother but weaker in some very basic Loroi areas.. his telepathy we weak by most Loroi standards. But he had other talents that were extremely potent! His photokinetic abilities were powerful and wide reaching in their application. Some doctors had reasoned perhaps it was a hybridazation of his human and loroi side. Whatever their origin they were the only reason he was still alive now in the advent of the invaders. 'Maian' wished his father ..or even his mother were here now! Though he had only met his father just three years ago... raised all his life by his mother he had formed a bond with the Human solider... a understanding of the fires that burned in his heart and the depths of his secret passions that he saw mirrored in his father's eyes. He understood where his ... non-loroi-like notions came from that he had warriors-blood in his veins both from his mother and his father!

Casually Maiannon dusted off his white Mizol uniform armor and adjusted his white cloak at his shoulder... holstering his pistol and picking up the bag of vital supplies. Though only a low ranking Lennai 'diplomat' he was quite proud to be... the only male Loroi in the military... even if just a Lennai. His formal social function cloak had been with him at the government center when the alarms had sounded he had seen no need to remove it in the life and death panic to escape before the bombs blasted the city to ruins. His uniform and cloak had seen better days stained with dirt and grime from days of hiding and fleeing in the ruins; he looks sourly at the tatters on the edges of his cloak.

With a sigh he checked his chronometer, "hmmm... I'm 10 minutes overdue... I'll get hell to pay from that! Best get moving before they send someone to come 'save' the "male in distress"...", he muttered under his breath.

Setting off quickly he found the sewer grate under the shattered bridge defile that entered the overflow channels near the water treatment plant. The tunnels were their usual cool darkness occasionally lit by a maintenance emergency lamp. Soon he found the turn that led to the maintenance junction and the single unadorned door labeled maintenance room 21.

Straightening his shoulders he walked to the maintenance door and knocked the 'current' day's code for entry. With a shuffling of the barricade he was let in and strode forward with his day's findings...

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm
Posts: 484
Location: Finland
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Nelodez looked out of dusty window and curses quietly as big buldozer turns on her way. She was hiding in old shoe factory, which was unharmed from attack and after first visit the attackers didn't bother come again, so she thought she could stay there. But now they were making clearing. All trees and couple of smaller workshops were already leveled. Nelodaz looks sadly on to closet, where the body of her friend was lying. "Sorry that I couldn't do anything."

They didn't know each other, but that matter not. She was wounded badly on collapsing building and against best of their efforts, to wound got infected. She died almost week ago, and it was almost relief, because the pain was terrible, but she never cried. Nelodez was sure, that she couldn't ever do the same.

Her bike was ready on the backdoor, full loaded with food and products of the factory. She glancec around, but sees nothing but couple of vehicles on next parking lot. As soon as the buldozer bites the building, Nelodez start her bike and drives out to highway, where she almost collide with front of patrol cruiser. "GO AWAY!" she yell and increases her speed. Seconds later she get answer from weapon fire. (Lousy shooters) she thinks until small explosion hit the bike and she feel hot liquid on her back.
Image
She almost lose her balance, but keeps driving. Soon the patrol cruise is out of sight, but it don't take long for make a U-turn. She has only couple of seconds to find hiding place, before the cruiser will appear again. She sees intersection but before it is small stream flowing under road. She push her bike inside the pipe and goes hiding. Soon the roar hit her ears, when the cruiser goes over and away. When she don't heard the cruiser anymore, she carefully removes her wet jacket. There is nothing else on it than some fruit juice. She is puzzled, until she notices remains of the box, where all her food has been. The other box is little ragged, but that includes only shoes and boots. "Damn! I better find someone to trade or I'm going to be hungry." She looks carefully on to road, but there aren't any enemies. She climbs up and start her bike. One can of crushed sibreg lay nearly on ground, so she drives back and pick it up. Then she turns and speed up.

Nelodez is 178 cm, and before war she used sometimes "human made" high heels just for fun being taller than most. Her bike is like herserf, made to gather gazes, when she want it. She hasn't many friends as most who know her, think her as a failure. She had admired human culture and values, believing that being lonely and dangerous make her popular for humans. Now she sometimes doubt her choices and had leaved some of most unpractical habits of her.

_________________
Supporter of forum RPG


Last edited by bunnyboy on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:05 am, edited 3 times in total.



Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:54 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
"Did you bring food? Please tell me you brou..." Chrysocolla's tired question turned to an excited exclamation as Maiannon flung some candy in her direction. "Outstanding! Melville Brand® Breaker Bars™! I love these things!"

"You love anything that doesn't taste like emergency rations." He was tired and hungry and much more interested in grabbing a nap and some food than in discussing the haul. He'd let the contents of the bag speak for themselves.

"Uhg, all the artificial proteins you could need in all the colors of the rainbow you could want. Compared to that garbage, even frozen food is gourmet." Chrysocolla took the bag of loot from Maiannon and began to sort through it. "In other news, you were late. Another five minutes and I was going to send the spiders after you..." She tried to sound disinterested, but she really didn't like having the Mizol outside scavenging alone. Not that there was really anything for it though. Chrysocolla would've been an even worse scavenger. Maiannon was hardier and faster than she was, and much more practiced with his Sanzai too. Hell, Chrysocolla didn't even make a good door guard. She was much too small and had failed to maintain even the most basic martial training. If she were Tiedar, she'd have been court-martialed for negligence. But she was Bistima, and they built weapons. They didn't fight wars. That's not to say that there was no use for Chrysocolla in the little group of survivors. She had been placed in charge of maintaining equipment and overseeing supplies and materiel.

"I'll let it slide this time, you did bring me back some candy after all. We'll have to eat this bread tonight." she said after a brief look in the bag. "Go ahead and distribute the rest of the candy too, I'll put the real food away."

She watched Maiannon grab the candy from the bag and head off to the main group before she sorted the food into one of the storage cabinets. Pickings were getting slim around here and the invaders had probably figured out that somebody must be alive in their area too. What we really need is to get out of here... Chrysocolla had been thinking about it for a while now. If they could get someplace that hadn't been picked clean or bombed to dust, that would be golden. As a bonus, they might meet new survivors. But how do we get there without being shot? And how do we move our stuff? A maintenance room might not be the most comfortable place to hide, but it had vital equipment she'd be loathe to leave behind. Chrysocolla had thought about their dilemma long enough, and had come up with what she thought was a pretty good idea. They had access to tunnels that criss-cross the city. Only problem is that those tunnels are full of water. If they could build some sort of submersible, they should be able to go anywhere they please or even leave the city and travel down river. It would have to have some way to cross parts of the tunnels that may be dry, or clear rubble from damaged sections... An electric motor is a must too. As far as where they'd go though... Well, she had no idea. And also no sub.

Chrysocolla finished putting away the food, and made her way towards where Maiannon was resting. She may not like sending him out scavenge on his own, but building a vehicle from scratch would be quite the commitment, everybody would have to chip in. Even Chrysocolla would probably have to go out and find some of the more specialized parts...

"So listen, I wanted to talk with you about this idea I had..."


Spoiler: show
I'm making some assumptions about our location. It's a water treatment plant, not a waste treatment plant, so the tunnels (and current) would lead from outside of the city to inside. We have overflow channels and flood control so we must be on a river.

The idea is to build the Bottom Crawler from the Flux Item section of my character sheet and use it to escape up/down river or explore the water tunnels under the city. As far as where they'd go though, Garnet has no idea.

Also, there is apparently at least one NPC survivor with us.

_________________
[RP] Incursion Character: Chrysocolla (Garnet)


Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1046
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Maiannon smiled wearily as Chrysocolla assaulted him with questions. He tried to answer though the adrenaline boost of avoiding the enemy was fading and pure fatigue assailed his senses.

"Yes I brought foo~"

"Ah, yeah they are candy~, I know You love anything that doesn't taste like emergency rations."

"I know I'm late. I'm sorry there was a patrol an~"

"Yes I'll see to it the kids get some of the can~"

...and then she was gone rushing off to stow away the canned goods he'd recovered.

He sighed, if only he had her energy. At least she and the others were safe.

Maiannon walked over to the children who were playing a game of 'jarts' on the concrete floor.
He smiled at 'Sedoi' Sedoinzil her eyes widening at the sweet treat her blondish hair tossing as she excitedly assailed his mind with Sanzai questions about where he found them and if he could get more. Her younger sister 'Lomi' Lomirodai stood meekly at her side seemed to notice how tired Maiannon was and shyly said only, 'thank you' with words.. so sweet and thoughtful like she always was.

<Thank you Maiannon. I wish I could help as well. But for my injuries...>, came the warm Sanzai of the girl's mother, Nelazal.

Maiannon made his way over to the injured Loroi mother lying on a nearby cot as 'Sedoi' argued that she should have a bigger piece of the candy bar with her sister 'Lomi' since she was older.

Maiannon passed by the silent but watchful Markus. He looked up eyes wide in appreciation as Maiannon handing him the largest piece of the candy bar he'd concealed from the sisters for him and touseled his dark hair in comfort as he crouched down by the Nelazal's cot to check the binding on the splint for her leg.

"I know you would help if you could Ma'am. I have strength and I am uninjured... it is no burden. Rest you need to heal to recover your strength."

Maiannon touched her leg just below the knee and reached deep into his personal energy reserves though weary and willed his Sanzai Healing to do its work upon the slowly knitting bones.

Maiannon don't! You're tired and need rest also...

"Hush Ma'am. Your need is greater. Your daughters need you... now lie still..."

A few moments was all the energy he could spare his mind reeling with the effort but the efforts eased her pain.

She merely smiled at him... words and thoughts not enough to express her gratitude.

Maiannon patted her arm affectionately and took his leave.

He turned to see Travis over with Chrysocolla discussing the food supplies.

"Your compassion is admirable little brother, but you too should take the wisdom of your own words and rest as well."

Maiannon grinned and turned to see Yzmarik, the aging Barsam retired troubador/cleric now college professor knowing the expression was lost on the blind philosophy professor. Maiannon made he way to his palate that he sat upon. Yzmarik had been blinded by the initial flash of the orbital bombardment, but with Maiannon's healing it seemed as if his sight might return as day by day more of his vision returned.

Siting respectfully in front of him Maiannon replied, "Hopeful day, Gray father!"

To which he replied, "...And a brighter tomorrow youthful son."

They were 'traditional' greetings and reply for one of the the Barsam's beliefs as a respectful greeting of comrades.

"How is your sight this day Yzmar?"

"I seem to perceive more light now... your healing touch is a gift to be sure."

"Would you like another treatment of healing?"

Yzmar held up his hand in refusal already knowing Maiannon was reaching for him, "No, good son. You need to preserve your strength... I'll be fine. Time heals. Now follow my wisdom and get yourself some rest."

Maiannon smiles, "Thank you wise father... I'll take your advice. Perhaps you'd spare a restful Hymn to help me find slumber?"

Yzmar nodded sagaciously in agreement, though he knew Maiannon would find rest with or without his encouragement. Maiannon was only trying to distract him from his own hardships... it was a kind gesture that he appreciated.

Yzmar began with a low rumbling tone that his deep basso voice reverberated the room. His voice rising and falling in a melody of a soothing lullaby. All conversations in the room lowered out of respect for the troubadour cleric's singing skill.

Maiannon handed out food from his pack to all present before finding a wall to sit down and lean his back to to try to find some rest...

Then Chrysocolla was at him again. She was trying to explain her designs and though Maiannon made a supreme effort to try to pay attention the spirit might have been willing but the flesh was week and he drifted off to sleep.

As she spoke she heard his stomach growl and she knew again... he had given all the food out and not taken any for himself... seeing to the needs of others first.

The young Loroi male slept his handsome features in weary repose and his golden hair seeming less shiny in the dim environs. No more was he the brave provider... just a weary young man pushed to the limits of his endurance.

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Last edited by sunphoenix on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.



Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 40
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
With trembling fingers, Harold held in his lap a small picture. Charred in one corner and matted with blood, grime and sweat, the still frame depicting three figures all huddled into a loving hug was scarcely visible, the past few weeks not having been as kind to it as the four years it'd sat untouched in Harold's wallet, away from even his eyes. If he had tears left to shed, they'd be streaming down his face as he remembered the last times he was happy, when his wife and son were still alive, when he had a bright future in the military, when he wasn't squatting in the ruins of a factory, one hand gripping a rifle, the other painful memories. He wasn't sure why he was looking at it still. It was a picture of a life he no longer lived, one he lost long ago, and had wilfully put behind him. All it was doing was reminding him of things he'd never experience again, that he had nothing left in this universe like he had those years ago.

The soft stirring of the small body leaning against him reminded him that the previous statement wasn't totally true. He had something, or rather two things: One, a small girl; Two, an undying duty to protect her, no matter the cost.

The trance Harry had let himself slip into disappeared as the unfortunately familiar crack of laser fire once again began echoing through the barely standing factory complex. Slipping the picture into a magazine pouch on his vest, Harold Markum gently pushed the small form of Moira off his shoulder and rose to his feet. Walking through their perch high above the factory floor in the administrative offices, Harold made his way to where once sat a plate glass window. From here he had an excellent view over the entire building bellow him, from the yellow painted machines in the north wing, to the streets outside what remained of the east wing. It was in the latter area that Harold caught glimpse of the commotion through rifle scope. Two figures could be seen scrambling over the rubble that was once a thick wall; A pair of Loroi women, armoured and armed, desperately attempting to find some way to escape their hunters. To no avail however, as they made it no farther than a few meters up the pile of stone and corrugated metal before a storm of laser fire tore through them.

Harry quickly made his way back to where the tiny girl slept, disturbingly soundly amid the chaos that had so sadly burst into her life. Crouching down next to her, with a gentle nudge he whispered, “Come on, we have to leave.” The young girl slowly pushed herself up, wordlessly looking up at the man that had become her protector ever since her parents had died. ”They're getting close, we need to move. With a nod, the six year old girl was scooped up into Harold's arms, and the pair began moving off towards safer grounds.


Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm
Posts: 484
Location: Finland
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
As shooting echoes in air, Nelodez stops the bike and takes of her helmet. (Somewhere there are another survivals, but how long.) She can't say precisely, where the sounds came and now it is too quiet. She hides her bike between bushes on fence and throw a cover over it. Then she climbs over the fence on cover off cranetruck and enter to factory area. Nobody is on sight, so looks at buildings and see climpse of movement in higher floor. Big person, perhaps human or barsam, too distant and fast to notice skin color. She take cover from next building and sneak slowly to corner. (Come on. Show yourself.)
Image
At there she sees that they were actually same building, just different wings. Nelodez wait a moment, but don't see anyone so she backs to door and goes inside. She rise stairs fastly to right floor and stop a moment for get a view outside. Then she walk fastly on to other wing, but it is empty. Whatever was there, has already leaved. When she looks out, she sees two fresh bodies on street. (Sniper!) Nelodez don't stay to wait, but run same back to stairs and start descending rapidly.

_________________
Supporter of forum RPG


Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 pm
Posts: 178
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Two of the invaders cautiously approach the fallen Loroi outside the factory, stalking forward on digitigrade legs. One of the two steps close enough to the bodies to poke them with its weapon, checking to make sure they really are dead; they had been part of a small group that had tried to ambush a patrol and were dangerous enough to warrant extra precautions.
Tab>"The vermin are terminated?" Asks the senior of the two, using its armor's comm unit.
Tab>"They are." Replies the other as it steps away from the corpses.
Tab>"Then let us return to our comrades. Our wounded will require help to return to base, and Those Who Exist To Rule will need a full report."

Nelodez races back down the stairs leading up to the gantry above the factory floor taking two steps at a time, the battered structure vibrating at her footfalls. As she nears the bottom a part of the gantry shakes loose, a metal rod tumbling to clatter on the factory floor with alarming volume, the sound echoing in the large open and otehrwise silent space. Nelodez stares at the fallen rod in dismay, a stream of human explectives crossing her mind before she settles for an old favorite and hops over the side of the stairway, dropping the last several meters straight down to land on the ground with a thump and a grunt. Straightening, Nelodez rushes back towards the rear of the factory.

Outside the factory the two alien soldiers snap around as the nearby factory echoes with falling metal, the two hurry to take position against the wall next to the main entrance.
Tab>"Be wary of ambush." Says the leader as it follows the other along the wall and stopping as they reach the entrance. "Go!" The soldier dashes into the factory, seeking targets and threats as it heads toward the nearest piece of cover. Seeing a figure at the far end of the building the soldier twists to bring its weapon to bear and fires.

Laser shots flash past Nelodez to splash against the factory's wall as she charges out the building and around a corner into a narrow alley, making her gasp at the near miss. Sprinting down the alley, Nelodez searches desperately for someplace to hide or another escape route. Nelodez sees an entrance into another building and dives through the buckled doorway, but before she realises what is happening a pair of hands grab her and slam her against the wall of the building: Nelodez slumps down, her head ringing from striking the wall, as a voice snarls quietly in her ear.
Tab>"Stop attracting attention, dammit." Nelodez turns her head, trying to see whoever spoke, but it is too gloomy within the building and she can her them moving off back towards the entrance in any case. She turns back, rubbing her sore head and is startled to find herself face to face with a young human female.

_________________
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

[A] book need never die and should not be killed; books [are] the immortal part of man. - Robert A. Heinlein

Oops. - Shannon Foraker

Incursion RPG
IC Thread
OOC Thread
Character List


Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm
Posts: 484
Location: Finland
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
(That was mean!)She almost say, but keep it herself, because he is right.
(Humans. Can't be surprised. Their ability to hide and adapt are remarkable.)
Nelodez smiles nervously to child, happy for not being alone anymore, but still unsure of their intents.
"I... We should..." She stop her whisper, because somebody has come in range of her sense and quiets her toughts, but points her finger toward north. Slowly and without emotion, but keeping her smile, she tuck her hand inside of her jacket on to grip of her concealed L-pistol. The throbbing of her heart fill her ears, but soon she hears another quiet sound, a sand rasping between asphalt and feet, coming more near.

In instant moment she springs out of cover to ground before enemy and lands on her back. Shielding herself with her legs she shoot the enemy between them. She miss, but the flash of ionized air dazzles the enemy and in blind panic, he start firing around. Nelodez stays on ground safely under deadly rays and put second shoot on his face, turning it pink cloud of vaporated blood and tissue ending his torment. The enemy drop on dead over Nelodezs pinning her legs and weapon. The enemy leader was couple of meters behind, but the body of his comrade prevent him to getting shooting line.
Image

_________________
Supporter of forum RPG


Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:57 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 40
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Harold watched in horror as the Loroi, in his eyes, foolishly dove out from the darkness. (God fucking damn it.)

He hesitated a moment, taking a brief second to ask the question: Is this crazy bitch worth saving?

He answered that thought by swiftly pushing Moira deeper into the darkness. With rifle firmly held between shoulder and hand, the ex-soldier pivoted out of cover and snapped the red dot of his digital sight onto the armoured creature's form. With a pull of the trigger, a sharp crack echoed through the air as a small rocket erupted from the rifle's muzzle, a creation of death cascading towards remaining alien. However the nature of the ammunition that made it so deadly as a long range weapon hindered it when the target was so near. Without the thirty or forty meters it needed to accelerate to armour piercings velocity, the round simply smashed into the target's helmet in a small explosion as the small warhead consumed itself in fire.

It was not a useless gesture however, as the shock of the impact itself was more than what was required to stagger the alien. Taking advantage of his quarries distracted state, Harry's let the rifle drop from his hands to be caught by the strap around his neck. Now free of the inadequate weapon, Harry's hands flashed to the holster strapped to his hip to retrieve his sidearm, a laser pistol like the pinned Loroi's.

Pistol now pointed squarely at the alien's center of mass, Harold again twitched his finger. The smell of seared flesh began filling the air even before the alien hit the ground, crimson fluids spilling from the cleanly cut hole through its chest. Another two shots to the head ensured it wouldn't be getting up.

Beside him the body of the second alien flipped over as the Loroi pushed it off. He grimaced at the sight of the woman, if their first encounter was any indication, she was reckless at best, and in these times, that got people killed. There'd be time to figure out if he would abandon her later however.

"They'll have heard that, we best get out of here." It was loose trade at best, but it got the message across. With that said, Harry turned back into the darkness and disappeared to retrieve the small girl he'd vowed to protect.


Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:52 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 pm
Posts: 50
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Doctor Darius Smith, or "Doc", as some of the locals insisted on calling him, moved as quickly as he was able among the charred wreckage and rubble. Today had not been a good day so far. He'd been traveling between the remaining groups of survivors to tend the wounded and distribute medicine since the invasion began to try to keep as many people alive as he could. He hadn't been doing a very good job so far. Today had marked the 12th time he'd found a hideout turned into a crater, or found one filled with people far beyond his help. Worse, it had been his own hideout. Not content with simply murdering all his patients, the bastards had even set fire to his stores of supplies! He now made his way towards the only remaining cell he knew about.

"I never should have left Hephaestus."

He reached the grate, checked his surroundings, and then entered what he hoped was the valid security code.

The grate slid open.

"Anyone still alive down here? Maiannon, are you down here!?"

He waited for his eyes to get adjusted to the low light of the tunnels, and prayed that someone would answer.

_________________
"Optical computers, genetic catalogs, nanorepair modules--forget all of that. It's when you see a megaton of steel suspended over your head by a thread the thickness of a human hair that you really find God in technology."


Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1046
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
There is a silence in the still dank air of the entrance to the underground water treatment plant. 'Doc' rapped the exposed red metal pipe. It was one in the tangle of ruined pipes there were once part of the water drainage pipes from the sundered bridge of concrete above the culvert.

The ruins of the bridge, now impassible, laid sundered in two - partially obscuring the culvert entrance to the water treatment plant tunnels beneath.

The tangle of pipes were not out of the ordinary save the one rusted pipe that was fading rapidly of its once red paint. The pattern ot the code for recognition was three quick raps followed by a three second pause and then four raps, another pause and one single rap.


The 'Doc' assumed the pipe still connected somewhere inside the tunnel complex where the survivor cell could hear the ringing of the pipe... but the silence was chilling...

Then suddenly the hairs of his neck stood up as he felt ...watched.

He looked around, listened carefully and there was nothing... no enemy urban patrol craft... and yet still the feeling persisted. The silence was screaming at his nerves... perhaps this Survivor Cell was dead too?

Then suddenly... as if by magic, an image or hologram resolved in the air before him. It was surprizingly life-like! It was Maiannon, but he was utterly silent. He smiled warmly at the 'Doc'
and gestured with his hand and a almost comicbook-like caption if Trade Speech words appeared in the air floating before his hand...

[HI 'DOC'! NICE TO SEE YOU SURVIVED! THIS IS MERELY ONE OF MY PROJECTIONS! I'VE GOTTEN ... MUCH BETTER WITH THEM SINCE LAST YOU WERE HERE! COME ON IN... THE GUARDS ARE WARNED AND DOOR IS BEING OPENED NOW.]

The smiling Lori youth gestures toward the dark entrance beneath the ruined bridge to the doorway and the Water treatment plant tunnels beneath, and slowly the youth fades from view like a dissolving ghost.

The trip is brief, and sure enough the battered maintenance door is slightly ajar and the guard, a prematurely balding sour-faced human shows you in without a word. He is holding a shotgun but his arm is in a sling and he winches whenever he grips the weapon too tightly.
You see the place much as it was before... though there are fewer survivors here than last time... the alien occupation is showing its terrible attrition rate upon ALL the survivors.

A quick look around and you see there are several in need of medical attention. Then you spot Maiannon and Garnet. Maiannon is sitting, leaned against a wall, eyes closed - seemingly trying to sleep but Garnet, completely oblivious, is squatted down next to him talking a mile a minute trying to keep his attention on some holo schematic displays from her data-viewer...

As always she is talking his ear off... when the boy seems exhausted and trying to rest...

His projection seemed vital and full of energy... but that is not the case he looks hounded and haggering from continuous draining effort...

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Last edited by sunphoenix on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:36 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 pm
Posts: 50
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Doc mentally performed triage and began treating the worst of the injuries and checking for signs of infection. This group was getting pretty beat up. Enemy searches in the area have been intensifying, and food is getting harder to come by. He wouldn't be able to help some of the injured due to running low on medicine. At least he didn't have to worry about anyone refusing his services in these conditions. He could only sigh, and say "Well, time to get to work."

As he was changing the bandages on one of the wounded, he turned to one of the older Loroi and asked, "Has he been asleep long?"

She shook her head in the negative, to which the Doctor replied, "Well then, you'd better wake him up. We can't stay here much longer. We need to move soon."

Doc continued working, and began to recall what he knew about the city. He knew the tunnels to be both large and extensive because of the constant rainfall. Maybe the tunnels could lead them to a place where the enemy no longer searched? Assuming that one of them knew how to navigate the tunnels. And that they weren't impassable due to the bombardment. And that they weren't too flooded. And that they didn't all die horribly along the way.

" I really never should have left Hephaestus."

_________________
"Optical computers, genetic catalogs, nanorepair modules--forget all of that. It's when you see a megaton of steel suspended over your head by a thread the thickness of a human hair that you really find God in technology."


Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:54 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Chrysocolla 'Garnet' nearly finished explaining her crawler idea to the quite possibly asleep Maiannon when she stared to have her own doubts about the project. Building a crawler for ten would be quite the undertaking. Finding the resources and components would be a nightmare, to say nothing of staying hidden and fed during what was sure to be an extensive assembly time. She kept talking though, more for her benefit that his. It was problem-solving technique she learned in training; you discuss the entire solution, making note of each issue, but not addressing any till the entire solution was discussed. At the end, you could take a step back and look at the sum total of issues your proposed solution had and decide if it would be better to address them, or come up with a better solution. It was always a bit discouraging to run a first-draft idea through the process, but it kept you from investing too heavily in fundamentally flawed ideas. And the crawler was looking more and more like a fundamentally flawed idea.

At some point during her very one-sided discussion with Maiannon, Darius had come into their makeshift shelter. He was looking through what was left of his kit and talking with the old Barsam philosopher. Now that she was finished talking, Garnet could make out the Doc's softly spoken words. "... And the worst part, it was my hideout." Garnet frowned. The Doc's place wasn't too far from here. Sure, it felt like quite the trek when you had to sneak from place to place, but sneaking distance was walking distance.

With any luck, the invaders would think that Doc's old place was the only group of survivors around here. Or, more likely, that it was the largest group (it may well have been, Garnet never asked.) Either way, hopefully they wouldn't deploy as many troops near the water treatment plant. "Well, you hope for the best but prepare for the worst." she said softly. Garnet had been making a conscious effort to use as little sanzai as possible once she started suspecting the invaders might also be telepathic. Besides, it was rude to use it in the presence of non-telepathic races unless you had something private to say. Regardless, she found herself starting to "think out loud" from time to time. No doubt the two were related...

Let's do something productive... She got up from where she was crouching next to Maiannon and made her way towards Darius. She twiddled her thumbs for a bit while he finished what he was doing. When he got up and started to make his way to another survior, she stepped up beside him.

"They say you could use a place to stay."

"Heh. By 'they say,' I assume you mean 'I overheard.'"

"Well, yes." Garnet glanced from one end of the room to the other. Would bringing on another survivor be a wise idea? Maybe they should split into two groups... They could still take the Doc on for a little while, there was certainly a need for him. "I don't know if you have a backup hideout lined up already, but we've got room for you and need for a doctor. Here, you can even have..." She was going to offer him a piece of her Breaker Bar™ but decided against it. "your choice of bedding." It was a lame substitute, but the offer of shelter was plenty attractive without throwing in 130% of a daily recommended serving of sugar. Besides, if worse comes to worse, I could trade it later. Though apparently, I'm not willing to trade it for a doctor. Yet.

"I'll take you up on that, so long as I get someplace dry."

"Your choice."

"And some of whatever passes for dinner. Since we're making offers... He reached in his bag and pulled out a tin can, an open junk food box and a dubious brown bottle labeled "All Sorts" "go ahead add these to your pantry in exchange for the food."

Garnet took the items. "Food comes with the room."

"Yeah, I know."

_________________
[RP] Incursion Character: Chrysocolla (Garnet)


Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm
Posts: 484
Location: Finland
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
At the same time, another place.
Image
The bike is Mishima made on Mars. It works on electricity and both wheels have their own inner motors. The battery is charged by genetically modified bacteries, and it's refuelled with sugar juice. In emergency, it can be replaced with biological waste, but it has influence on to effiency. The bike has a distinctive smell, but who hasn't it today.

Harold didn't like the bike, it was too striking. Anyone who wasn't blind, would see it miles away. But they hadn't much of choices, the satellites were probably watching the area since the ambush and soon the enemy would swarm the area or just send a missile down on them. Thank god for the highways. As the floods were common, most roads on lowlands were rised and you could drive under them to almost anywhere on river area. But the enemy knew this too, and most roads leaving on to commercial or residential areas were destroyed.

Nelodez slows down and stop. They had took enough distance and she needs a break, because her driving position put too much weight on her hands and they were almost cramping. But they had also another broblem, which she didn't wan't to admit. She was lost. Besides road, there were only rubble, burned vehicles and large water filled ponds. She hasn't seen anything familiar in last minutes. She was there, when House of Justice took direct hit and she has listen the news to last broadcast, but she hasn't expected, that even landscape could change.

"A moment please." Nelodez strecth herself a bit and looks around more attentively. Then she start to perceive the bodies. (My emperor! There are so many of them.) A small movement get her attention and she focus on it. (Animals. No, something else with them. What it is? Child!)
Spoiler: show
Reflectively she call her on sanzai but the unexcepted answer surpsides her. <GO AWAY! MINE!> The emotional load and sheer force of sanzai were overwhelming and it hit Nelodez with splintered memories. Child was gotten mad from hungry and loneliness, to point where she has seeked contact with animals. She was now part of their herd and feeding on carrions. She was full of hate and fear toward strangers on their territory and the surrounding beasts answered on her call. The alien thoughts, emotions and tastes were invading Nelodezs mind and making her sick in disgust. She put up resistance and tried to pull them out her mind, but her body response was faster and more demanding, leaving no space for hesitation.

Nelodez fell down on her knees and throws up. In shivers, she rise up on her feets and look at Harold. "We need to go. You must drive. Now!"

The ominous barking and yelling filled air. Harold picks up his weapon and shoot one of the biggest dogs. The rest scatter and hide but they weren't leaving.
"No. Get a grip of yourself. We go under. Take what you can lift and leave everything else. Your bike is too conspicuous anyway."
Harold walk on to drain and open the hatch. "Are you coming or do you wan't take your luck with them?" He ask from Nelodez. She hesitates little, but nods. Together they cover the bike with tarpaulin and some junk for weight and camouflage. The animals were watching and snarling from their hidingplaces as one by one they climb down and dissappear from surface.

_________________
Supporter of forum RPG


Last edited by bunnyboy on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.



Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:57 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 pm
Posts: 50
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Darius finished tying off the last of the bandages. He'd managed to set and splint the two survivors with broken limbs, but he'd also been forced to use up most of what remained of his painkillers (the ones that weren't pure narcotics anyway). He knew he needed to get these people to a real hospital, but there weren't any still standing. Right now, he'd settle for one that was at least dry. At least it didn't look like they'd have to abandon anyone. Everyone seemed to be able to move with some assistance. The only really good news he had was for the Barsam. He wasn't likely to die for radiation poisoning any time soon.

The immediate situation dealt with, Darius approached Garnet and asked, "I don't suppose you have a map of the tunnels, do you? I don't think we should stay in one place for much longer, and there's no way in hell we're getting this group anywhere above ground without being detected."

Hopefully, she had some ideas on how to see down there as well.

_________________
"Optical computers, genetic catalogs, nanorepair modules--forget all of that. It's when you see a megaton of steel suspended over your head by a thread the thickness of a human hair that you really find God in technology."


Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1046
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Maiannon awoke from his brief 'cat-nap'... unsure how much time had passed. Gazing blearily around he saw the 'Doc' from Hephaestus making the rounds with the injured.

Maiannon stretched out his Sanzai senses and scanned those present getting a 'feel' for their emotions... and he felt the usual, the human, of course, unreadable... and... something else.

'The Enemy'... not close...yet but getting closer. It was time for the survivor cell to make plans to move on to another hiding place. Though Maiannon was not a full human... some of the human heritage was still his... he could block the use of All Sanzai... a trick he learned to hide as a child, but it was not something he had trained to build its strength or its effectiveness. Most of the time he used it to cover the tale-telle signature of his own Sanzai use, but he was not Sanzai Seer... he could never tell how effective it was. Now he wish he had strengthened the talent more... for it may mean their survival from the Sanzai wielding murderous enemy.


Maiannon stood gathering his dignity about him as he dusted off his travel-worn Loroi White uniform the armor underneath fairing better with the constant grime of living out of maintenance shacks and under ruins. Shaking his white cloak to free some more of the dust he momentarily became a little queasy as his stomach growled for sustenance.

He smirked tiredly thinking to himself, {Hunger makes the spirit go leaner... and focuses the will upon those things most important... Yeah like getting something to eat you idiot! Time for that later... need to find out what Garnet is planning...}

Maiannon set his Laser pistol's safety... recalling he never checked when he returned to the hideout... there were children present...

Walking over to Garnet, "How are things going Garnet? We need to make plans to seek a new hideout... ", then lowering his voice to a whisper, "... I can sense the enemy drawing closer... its faint but we need to move away as soon as possible. With their Sanzai abilities... its only a mater of time."

The young handsome but and amazingly tall Loroi half-breed seems haggard and once in his word Garnet hears his stomach rumble for sustenance, but his eyes are clear and his demeanor strong. His fortitude to bear up under hardship is... inspiring, almost... warrior feminine.

He continues ignoring his own growing hunger... or at least not seeming to care, "If you have a plan for how to get everyone out of here... safely.. how can I assist you?"

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:54 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
"For starters..." Garnet raised an eyebrow. "You can assist me by getting some food. There may not be much, but there's hard work to be done so you'd better eat up. I do have a plan though, no worries there." She lead Maiannon over to where they kept their food stocks and signaled for the Doc to come over as well.

"Right." Garnet fumbled around for something to write with and something to write on and settled for a shop pencil and an old piece of cardboard. Once Darius had arrived and Maiannon had food in hand she began to explain her plan, writing a supply list on the cardboard as she went.

"First, we need to explore the tunnels a bit. We've got a map, but it doesn't tell us which tunnels are useable and which ones aren't. There's no sense in loading everyone into a makeshift vehicle if we drive it down a dead end. We'll take one of the maintenance bots and turn it into a diver propulsion vehicle. This should be fairy easy, we'll just rip out the computer control system and anything else we don't actually need. Then, we'll hook some levers up to the control surfaces. We should be able to fit some sort of makeshift oxygen tank into the vehicle and attach a flood-light.

"We should be able to find pretty much everything we'll need for this somewhere in the facility. If we could get our hands on some real dive gear, that would be great too. Otherwise, we'll have to cobble together some sort of mask and regulator for whoever get to pilot the thing.

"For the actual escape attempt, there's no way we could build a single vehicle that's large enough to hold all these people, but small enough to navigate the possibly broken tunnels. We'll break it into two parts, the engine part and the passenger part. The engine part will have to wait till I have a better idea of where we're going and what we'll need to do to get there. But keep on the look out for tracked vehicles of any size.

"The passenger portion should be a piece of cake. Essentially, it's just an airtight trailer that we'll hook up to the engine and tow through the tunnels. We're going to need pipes and fittings of all sizes, sheet metal, and an axle or two with wheels. Be on the look out for things to use as an oxygen tank.

"I'll get started stripping down a bot, you two go recruit some people and start searching for the things on this list."
She handed them the cardboard with the salvage list and, after making sure Maiannon had at least one bite, sent them on their way.

Garnet then went over to where the tools were stored, grabbed a few choice ones, and headed for the maintenance bot nearest to the tunnel access. "Time to get greasy..."

_________________
[RP] Incursion Character: Chrysocolla (Garnet)


Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:16 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 40
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Harold's eyes drifted through the dank tunnels of the city's drainage system. Pitch black didn't even describe it. Stowing his rifle, Harold drew his sidearm and slipped his thermal goggles over his eyes. Slowly, with Moira gripping tightly to his pant leg, he began to advance down the tunnel. A splash of water to his rear announced the arrival of the xeno he'd made forced friends with. "Cover the rear. At least try and scream if something tries to kill you."

Left hand running across the sewer wall and right gripping his pistol tightly, he began stepping through the darkness, sweat across his brow and fear in his heart.


Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1046
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Maiannon smiles at Garnet and touched her cheek affectionately replying in a chiding tone, "Ok...'mother'...!"

Maiannon listened carefully to Garnets instruction and parts requirements nodding as she spoke committing to memory her vital points of approach to her plan. As she spoke his ate the meager rations she placed before him... obediently acquiescing to her wises...

"Ok, I'll start a survey of the tunnel network. Could I borrow two of your 'Spider Bots'? They will make mapping much easier...."

He pulls out a personal Datapad, "...this has a low power wireless connection they could occasionally send updates to if they are tuned to communicate with wireless devices. I can easily generate a graphical map of the tunnel network in a file that can be uploaded for you. Plus your bo~"

Whatever Maiannon was going to say is lost as one of the Loroi girls, 'Lomi' Lomirodai, ran up her expression frightened, "Goldenhair, I was listening at the pipes you told me too when on guard... and I heard something from the pipe at the entrance.. I think someone is coming!"

Maiannon smiled at the Loroi child, "Fear not little Lomi... go warn everyone else to prepare for our emergency plan..."

Turning back to 'Garnet', "I'll go see who it is. If its nothing I'll go on to do the search... send me 'Spider Bots' you can spare. If you hear gun fire... evacuate... DO NOT wait for me...!"

He smiles sadly for her and gives her a brief hug and whispers, "Take care of them get them to safety if you can."

Then he turns draws his laser pistol and flips the safety off as he strides purposefully toward the hideout exit...

He says over his shoulder, " 'Doc' I'd prefer if you stayed with Garnet and helped her... she needs your expertise!"

------

'Goldenhair ' exits the hideout sneaking stealthily. He tries not to use Sanzai as that might be detected by the foes... instead he uses... the little known ability of his father's race... he blocks all Sanzai use upon himself hoping that will conceal himself from the invaders if it is the invaders.

He relies on good old fashioned stealth and poor lighting to get a look at the unexpected visitors before they spot him as he moves quickly but quietly down the tunnels of the underground complex...

In the back of his mind he is ready to seize control of the photons around him to vanish from sight or darken that already dark tunnels even more to make targeting him ever harder... or worse turn the power of his photokinetic fury upon the foes with focused coherent death directed by his will or 'Hot-shotted' laser-fire from his own pistol... he will NOT die easily!

[Stealth Lv0 'Unskilled' + Body: 2d6+5 → [4,2,5] = (11)]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/898557
* Opposed by Mind + Heightened Senses or Heightened Awareness + 2d6 {Roll Please Harold & Nelodez! Sense Emotions will NOT work on Maiannon right now.}

[Maiannon's Perception Roll, Mind: 2d6 + 6 → [5,1,6] = (12)]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/898558
* Opposed by Body + Stealth + 2d6 {Roll Please Harold & Nelodez!}

[OOC: Sorry for the Delay guys... got so VERY busy on Saturday and Sunday...]

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm
Posts: 484
Location: Finland
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Nelodez wasn't happy. Her nose and throat was aching from aftertaste of vomit and despise comment of Harold insulted her. She also had to leave most of her property outside, because either bike or her box of "merchandise & necessary devices" couldn't fit through manhole. She had to fastly pick some clothes and tools, but she didn't found her flashlight. She watched as Harold and Moira dissappeared on to darkness and walked behind them. Soon the darkness swallowed her too,

Noise of their steps echoed in tunnel and she couldn't but think of their situation. (Who is he? How did he survive? Can I trust him? Can't he stop for one moment?) Until she notices being alone. She stop for moment to listen, but hear no steps. Quietly she started to moving again. She wasnt going to scream, because it would attract raiders or beasts. She had heard ridiculous stories of exotic pets and swamp animals finding their ways on to sewers, but now she couldn't laugh to them. Also, Harold could mistake her shouting to alarm and shoot her accidentally or just make more contemptuous comments.

_________________
Supporter of forum RPG


Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:23 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 40
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Harold stands still in the murky darkness of the sewers. Pitch blackness and pungent smells impair his site and smell, but his ears are more than on alert. Hidden behind layers of darkness, Harry can hear something lurk. A few splashes, the soft tap of feet on concrete, not much, but enough to tell him he and his two companions aren't alone.

His finger slides into the trigger guard, placing itself on the lever as he turns around. The glowing shapes of the alien and Moira in his goggles stand unmoving. Harry snaps his fingers in an attempt to get their attention, followed by a sharp hiss. Moira visibly jumps, letting out a soft whimper while clutching his pant leg even harder. The alien however begins approaching until Harry is close enough to stop her. Leaning in close he whispers, "There's something up ahead. Watch her and stay quiet. If something approaches, the challenge is thunder, the password is flash. I hope I don'tneed to tell you not to hesitate a moment to shoot."

Harold pulls away and resumes his advance down the tunnel, sweat from both heat and nerves pouring down the back of his neck.


Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1046
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Maiannon spots the approaching figures and senses he also may have been spotted. But when one of the figures moves back he is puzzled...

Then it begins to retrace its motions heading his way...

Maianno decides this is unusual behavior for the invaders and decides to take a risk.

Moving slightly forward Maiannon crouches down into a firing position next to one of the concrete tunnel supports next to him for a small bit of cover aiming his laser pistol down the hallway...

Maiannon then drops his Sanzai blocking ability and reaches out seeking to feel the emotions of the approaching figures... They are not Invaders at all... but desperate and wary survivors as well.


Drawing on his Photokinetic powers Maiannon shifts the lighting in the tunnel to illuminate the approaching figures and darken the spot where he is hiding.

Speaking aloud, "Halt! Identify yourselves! We are armed... make no sudden motions!"

Maiannon has learned the hard way that not all survivors are decently disposed... raiders and marauders are NOT to be taken lightly... or invited into one's temporary abode...

------

Suddenly the approaching trio are outlined as if in a weak spotlight by light that simply emits from the very air about them with no visible source illuminating a 10'ft area around them, and a male voice challenges them from down the corridor no more likely than 60'ft or so away.

To Nelodez - a Sanzai capable mind suddenly appears in her mental presence when there was not one present before...

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm
Posts: 484
Location: Finland
Post Re: [RP] Incursion (IC)
Nelodez is surprised when she is suddenly stopped by strong hand and something small and soft is pushed against on her lap. She hugs Moira and listen what is told, when she feels emerging presence, someone very alert and bit of curious? Her shout of warning was interrupted by sudden appear of light and she drops down shielding Moira with her body and burden. <DON'T shoot! You may hit CHILD!>
She recognize the spoken words as they are said and sigh of relief. Nelodez rises little and looks that Moiras head is still fully above water. "Be brave. They aren't the enemies we fear." She whisper to Moira while looking on her eyes.
<Say to your humans that they can low their weapons. We aren't raiders or marauders.>

_________________
Supporter of forum RPG


Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:24 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.