[RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

sunphoenix

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)

Post by sunphoenix »

{BIG GRIN!} We try.. thank you for the high praise! You could join us if you wanted too. I'm more than willing to explain how it works! :) The more the merrier {Thats what Stormrage said...}!
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Yiuel

Post by Yiuel »

I added my own touch. Softsapphire is probably the closest thing to a Psychology Doctor you can imagine. Yet, she is well versed in most sciences as well, so we might as well have her Spock-ish input. (And no, she is not Vulcan, not even a straw one. I made sure her post felt visibly pissed and angry and quite emotive.)
la nɔtʀʏltsɪmœ ʀɛv, dɛ ʒã puʀ la pʀɔtɛʒe
nu vœnõ dõkœ dœ tupaʀtu, puʀ ɛtʀœ sa ɡʀãdaʀme
dœ la site pʀɔtɛktœʀ, dœ sœ ʀɛvœ defãsœʀ
ynjõ dœ la fɔʀsœ dœ tus, nu vwasijalɔʀ lɛzɔʀiɔnɪt

- The Chant of A Certain Army

VonWolffe

Post by VonWolffe »

Thank you for the game gentlemen, I resign. Command falls to Sgt. Roland.

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

Overall, I don't see many issues, beyond the obvious of leaving even one of them armed. And this is a multi-layered situation. Sure, they could treat them as prisoners, and deny medical help, but remember... It's not the Loroi as a whole who are adrift out here, just a diplomatic entourage. The whole point of the Scout Corps mission was to make contact with them before it happened at random, because the humans are dealing with a MUCH more powerful entity than themselves, in virtually every way. Indelicate decisions now could end the human race tomorrow. They've done it before. So, the choice is simple from the captains perspective; either play tough guy now beyond what is reasonable, and risk the Diadem and Emperor deciding its not worth the effort. Or make a judgement call to salvage the situation.

Again, just sharing thoughts.

Victor_D

Post by Victor_D »

sunphoenix wrote:{BIG GRIN!} We try.. thank you for the high praise! You could join us if you wanted too. I'm more than willing to explain how it works! :) The more the merrier {Thats what Stormrage said...}!
Well, I have zero experience with RPing where all these rules are involved. But if it's not as hard as it looks, I'd perhaps join the human crew as "science officer" ;)

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Hi!
Sorry for this somehow "rushed" post. It is still not finished, but I did not want to write it again. I will expand it as soon as I can, add some perspectives from some NPCs, etc...
It is very sad, that your are leaving VonWolffe. Just say so, if you have changed your mind.

As for the situation:
This is not a fight between Loroi and Humans. It might come to something like that, but as Senanthes pointed out: humanity asked for diplomatic contact and there it is. Those loroi are not survivors of a Battlefleet heading for earth, the are the members of a diplomatic mission and consists of diplomats and the survivors of the crew from Argent Fire.
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Way to keep things on track, Suederwind. I have no doubt of the cast would have died of old age soon enough.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Hmm.. interesting solution to the dispute.

Sorry VonWolffe decided to back out.

I'm doing a pathfinder game tonight..I'll reply later this evening and we can get moving again.

Nice work folks! You will not be disappointed with Storm's reply... just can't do it right now... good writing can't be rushed! :)
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

That was an excellent way to resolve the dispute before it escalated, very nice writing.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Grayhome wrote:That was an excellent way to resolve the dispute before it escalated, very nice writing.
Thanks!
However, I added a few lines, fixed a few bugs, etc... and removed the wip tag.
You might want to check it out again.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I used my mechanics, at rank 3 ( Spaceship ) to determine that the vessel was damaged. I also used a combination of Biological Sciences 1 ( Physiology ) and Medical 2 to determine that the Lorai was not 100%, but since she was in armor and hiding it I could not figure out what.

Are these two acceptable uses of my skills, or do I need to be more accurate about it?

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

I don't think the shuttle is damaged.. Storm unwittingly overheated its drives briefly..but the auto-shutdown cooling cycle had plenty of time to reset and recalibrate while Twilightsaber was negotiating I'd expect. And besides all of that was merely a typo on my part with my original post. The shuttle is likely dirty from flying int he asteroid debris field but mechanically it should be fine and undamaged.

But yes.. Stormrage was a little pensive in her motions, perhaps, and slightly unsteady on her feet.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

My mistake, I had believed the shuttle damaged in the battle. I'll edit it out now.

And as for the medical observation, to Charlie you seem like a most terrible adversary, I doubt he would see weakness so much as lifting the box was not at your best, and you been able to do worse.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Dragoon wrote:@ sunphoenix

That sounds about right from what the read in the insider. I'd hate to be the poor guy on air defense with the number of missiles and torpedoes that seemed to be in the air during the depicted combat scenes.

Even with fighters, screening vessels and automated point defense systems. The Sheer number of targets, and other objects int he air must make point defense pretty difficult. Especially if the Loroi and umiak do not have an integrated fire control system similar to the AEGIS system.

If you don't mind let me ask are you treating torpedoes as a weapon, or a small vessel on it's own.While i was working with my ship combat mods I discovered it was actually easier and a little more streamlined if you treated a torpedo as a very small ship...
In this case assign them a number of movement units of fuel...then each unit a damge value when detonated... that way you can track the fuel expended and very quickly come up with the amount of fuel remaining in the tanks for use as a warhead.
Since I am assuming
1) a torpedo can track it's target...
2) the target might be maneuvering quite a bit...
3) The torpedo can come around for another attack if it misses on its first run...

simply tracking range from launch vehicle to target might be a little inaccurate.
Hadn't missed this post.. just been busy with other games to reply.

Yes. I've been considering just this... but with the ranges and speeds ...now that I have a good formula for converting G's of acceleration to actual distance traveled.. I don't think it will be necessary as some of the torpedoes are soo fast that at close enough range they are almost as instantaneous as beam weaponry for the purposes of reaching a enemy target.

I'm thinking space combat rounds are 1 minute long and laid out on a hexgrid exactly like Arioch's example illustration of weaponry ranges. Each hex representing 10,000km of actual distance...

http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/weapon_profiles.html

That would mean there are 15 personal scale combat rounds in one space combat round. Hence the need of the Rate of fire limits on the ship-based weaponry.. cool-down of HPG 'homo-polar Generator'/Capacitors, recharge/reload of torpedo tubes...etc...

With that rate of combat round resolution for space combat the...

Torpedo Launcher-Loroi MR Torp." Weapon-Alternate = Lvl 70 <140 pts>, Range/6 '1,270,080km' / '31,752km/min' <6 pts>, Area/9 [10km] <+9>,
Ammo/1 [6 shots] <-1>, Helper <+1>, Homing/3 {Radar, IR} [+3ACV] <+4>, Stoppable/4 [50% Ra {-3hit}, 10% Ra {-6hit},
40rds to stop '1pt/Weapon Lvl stops'] <-4>, Unique- "Unspent Fuel-Warhead" [Ra/4 100km {Full},
Ra/5 300km {Lvl 52 Weapon}, Ra/6 600km {Lvl 35 Weapon}, Ra/6 1k km {Lvl 15 Weapon}] <-3>; Total Cost: {77pts}

...would travel 3 hexes per space combat round. Beam weapons at 300k and 400k would do significantly less damage but could still attack and hit targets for some damage. Optimum range for the loroi Plasma Pulse Cannon their best weapon.. is about 250k km. As opposed to the Umiak's optimum range of 60k with their MR Type-5 Plasma Focus. Hence WHY the Umiak opened up with a Barrage of Torpedoes in the comic... better range even if subject to anti-missile fire...so they can close to optimum range.

FYI - 'Optimum Range' meaning to me - "The range at which the ship weapon has the potential to inflict at least half its maximum effective firepower on a targeted vessel."

I converted the weapons damages posted by Arioch in this fashion...

The standard space based 'typical' "Laser Turret" in BESM is a level 15 weapon. I considered that the equivalent of a Terran Medium Laser. Its Maximum damage at 5,000k {3-4}. So I divided ALL weapons damages by 4 and multiplied by 15 to get the equivalent BESM damage rating...voilla! Instant consistent weapons damages for Outsider weaponry!

I will get back to the Ship thread some tine this week and finish what I started with fully laid out combat rules! :)

Just wanted to give everyone a look into my mind on the matter.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Hi there!
As I checked the character thread and I noticed that I somehow did not fully stat the npcs. I will try to post the stats for the most important npcs as soon as I can.

Greetings
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

<Watches as everyone walks right past him, and Charley and talks to the medic>.....

Is it my cologne????

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

When last did you shower Sergeant?

If it makes you feel better I am standing in front of Twilightsaber, of whom I don`t know her name, waiting for a response.

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

*chuckles* Nel's been talking to Storm this whole time, so don't feel bad. :P Maybe her amp's damaged?

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Well, seems like Captain Blake and Twilightsaber will be out for a while soon and have some kind of tea time together.
I hope you liked that last post. If not: please write me a PM, so we can discuss possible problems.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Dragoon wrote:Well charlie Looks like Roland has found a good sparring partner :D

How bout a round down in cargo bay four after all this settles down.
Soon as it is quiet, three round bout?